ColorDMD Game 50: Love Never Dies! The Video Preview is Here!

(Topic ID: 174212)

ColorDMD Game 50: Love Never Dies! The Video Preview is Here!

By Dmod

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by delt31
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BSD_Dracula (resized).PNG
BSD (resized).jpg
Alfred-E-Newman-what-me-worry (resized).jpg
surly (resized).jpg
john-carpenter-they-live-obey-2 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
hires2 (resized).JPG
hires (resized).JPG
credits (resized).JPG
Credits (resized).PNG
replay movie (resized).JPG
replay (resized).JPG
multiplier (resized).PNG
57445-1101-2-3ww-l (resized).jpg
Rats build up (resized).PNG

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 2 years ago

Game 50: LOVE NEVER DIES!

ColorDMD Displays is excited to announce that Bram Stoker's Dracula is the 50th game to be supported by the ColorDMD pinball display platform! Once destined to remain forever red, the accessibility of replacement speaker panel plastics has made it possible for us to bring color to Dracula!

NOTE: INSTALLATION OF A COLORDMD IN BSD PINBALL MACHINES WILL REQUIRE REMOVAL OR REPLACEMENT OF THE ORIGINAL FACTORY SPEAKER PANEL PLASTIC. MORE ON THIS BELOW.

BSD_Dracula (resized).PNG

Dracula is the debut release from ColorDMD newcomer Jacob Deckard! Jake became a fan of the movie after acquiring the game, and has admired the care with which the dots pay tribute to the original film. He has exercised the same care in unifying the display and playfield colors to create an experience true to the game's palette and theme.

BSD_Eyes (resized).PNG

In addition to movies, Jake has a love for video games, comics, and many other creative arts. When not working his day job making cabinet and house doors, he can often be found on Pinside, or attending to many arcade and pin shows where he tries to share his love of pinball with unsuspecting strangers.

BSD_CastleLock (resized).PNG

Original factory speaker panel plastics for BSD shipped with red display windows and are not suitable for use with the ColorDMD. Classic Arcades has reproduced BSD speaker panel plastics with a clear window (and optional red film) that can be used with the ColorDMD. Reproduction plastics can be obtained from their website or using this link to their ebay store.

BSD_Spike (resized).PNG

ColorDMD LED displays allow easy installation in Dracula pinball machines. While not fully supported, SIGMA-WPC LCD displays can also be used but may require removal of the LOVE NEVER DIES flashers.

All displays ship with the factory installed SIGMA ROM that supports WPC, WPC95, SAM, Whitestar, and SPIKE platforms. Multicolor operation is enabled through download and installation of a game-specific color ROM file, available from our site. ROMs can be changed at any time, allowing use with any of our supported titles.

Displays are shipping now from our store site or through our distributors. The color ROMs for Bram Stoker's Dracula pinball machines are targeted for release by Friday, December 2! For more information, please visit us at www.colordmd.com.

BSD_Skeletons (resized).PNG

#2 2 years ago

Well done!! Very nice.

#3 2 years ago

Awesome, thank you! Just ordered a new speaker panel after this announcement.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Ditto

#5 2 years ago

Great. Now I need to go find a bsd again

#6 2 years ago

Oh........MAN!!!!

I cannot wait to see the Castle Jackpot animation fully colorized.

#8 2 years ago

Now to decide LCD vs LED. Does anyone know... do the LED screens have adjustable brightness?

#9 2 years ago

Y E S!!!

This will look hot on my BSD that's at a movie theater!

#10 2 years ago

The colordmd and speaker panel make this an over $500. mod...ouch. I wish I could justify it. Looks great though!

#11 2 years ago

I did not think I was going to like a color dmd for Dracula but that does look awsome

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Now to decide LCD vs LED. Does anyone know... do the LED screens have adjustable brightness?

Yes. Same adjustments just as the LCD. Contrast and brightness can be adjusted from 1 to 9.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Excited for you! This will make your restored BSD PERFECT!!!! Can't wait to see it with this badboy installed! COLORDMD is the BEST!

For anyone not aware of the AMAZING restoration and mods that This guy did check out his thread on his Restoration! HEP would be proud!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-documenting-for-fun/page/3

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

The ebay link in the OP is incorrect. Here's a working link:
ebay.com link ยป Williams Bram Stokers Dracula Pinball Machine Speaker Panel Dmd Brand New

Lol @ stock left: almost gone in red.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

The colordmd and speaker panel make this an over $500. mod...ouch. I wish I could justify it. Looks great though!

Shit, I'll trade you both my LW3 and DM for your BSD. I'll gladly take the $500 plunge for this one.

#17 2 years ago

Sweet ive had my new clear panel for years now....

#18 2 years ago

Hopefully its not to difficult to come up with a solution to fit the lcd and love never dies flashers....

#19 2 years ago

Hard choice. LCD eats into the backglass lighting, but will probably look better on the display. Hopefully someone will put up a video of each. Currently I have sigma (not Chroma) DMD in ST, but whenever that game is colorized it may only support Chroma.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Classic Arcades

Isn't anybody worried that this guy is involved?

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

not at all. He is a solid guy with GREAT quality form my experience. Never had an issue.

Is there a particular reason we should be concerned?

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Ive had nothing but great experiences and products from them. I know some havent but all good to me.

#23 2 years ago

My apologies, I thought there were issues with the quality of some of his parts and customer service?

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

My apologies, I thought there were issues with the quality of some of his parts and customer service?

are you thinking of twisted pins?

#25 2 years ago

Looks awesome!!! (sorry for the spotlight)...

IMG_2204 (resized).jpg

#26 2 years ago

Does the love never dies flashers need to be removed?

#27 2 years ago

I just want to add it was a joy to work on this game. Randy and Chris are truly great guys who took the patience to show me the ropes and answer many questions. I can't wait to start the next and see if I can apply what I learned into a quicker turnaround.

Jacob Deckard

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Hard choice. LCD eats into the backglass lighting, but will probably look better on the display.

You have to mount the LCD higher, but it doesn't hit the lights and works perfectly. You just have to remove the panel first if you want to swing open the light board.

image (resized).jpeg

Quoted from jkashani:

Does the love never dies flashers need to be removed?

Not if you mount it higher like in this pic.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You have to mount the LCD higher, but it doesn't hit the lights and works perfectly. You just have to remove the panel first if you want to swing open the light board.

Awesome.....

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I mounted mine even with the top of the speaker panel and removed the flashers. I'll probably get the LED display eventually and put the flashers back in.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Shit, I'll trade you both my LW3 and DM for your BSD. I'll gladly take the $500 plunge for this one.

a hell of an offer there

and NPO thanks for replacing the panel on mine already I might have to take the Colordmd plunge

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

a hell of an offer there
and NPO thanks for replacing the panel on mine already I might have to take the Colordmd plunge

That offer stands too. I may just put up a trade thread soon.

BSD with a ColorDMD is pure pinball euphoria.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I mounted mine even with the top of the speaker panel and removed the flashers. I'll probably get the LED display eventually and put the flashers back in.

Does it mean the LED display his smaller in height ?

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from matt_assassin:

Does it mean the LED display his smaller in height ?

Yes - the LED display is the same form factor as the original display, height wise.

#35 2 years ago

Wow! Colours match the playfield and cabinet perfectly one of the best examples of colour matching the rest of the pin I have seen on a colourdmd, even more impressive for a first attempt! Awesome work Jacob

#36 2 years ago

Love never dies, but my bank account just might.

#37 2 years ago

Is the viewable screen as big as a regular DMD? It looks like there is some black space around it?

#38 2 years ago

I could post some more screen caps if people wanted. I don't want to ruin anybody wanting to discover it for themselves though.

Rats build up (resized).PNG

#39 2 years ago

Ordered both the LED and the panel, thank you for the ebay link Steve. This is gonna be fantastic, awesome job Jacob. Please post all the pics you have

#40 2 years ago

Is their any way to replace the red window with a clear window on the stock speaker panel?

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Is their any way to replace the red window with a clear window on the stock speaker panel?

57445-1101-2-3ww-l (resized).jpg

#42 2 years ago

Well, looks like I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

You could use paint thinner to remove the red film. Obviously, you would not want to get it on the artwork of the speaker panel insert.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

There was fella who removed the red tint from a Stargate speaker panel with paint thinner. He masked the artwork and took special care to not touch the art. I'm sure it would be worth it if it works. Maybe I should try it on my old one. It was pretty scratched up so it made sense to buy a new one.

Another pic...

multiplier (resized).PNG

#45 2 years ago

I also forgot to thank jazman aka Keith. He took a stab at coloring Dracula a couple of years ago and his screen captures were invaluable to help me get started. I also perused his forum thread many times for tips.

#46 2 years ago

I watched the movie for the first time after I bought the game. When I started coloring I was amazed at the scenes from the movie and details that get lost with a single color.

replay (resized).JPG
replay movie (resized).JPG

The replay animation is a scene directly from the movie. It even has Mina's hair brooch.

Credits (resized).PNG

Did anybody ever notice Dracula on his throne during the credits? The only other shot of his throne that I found was in the Dracula pinball promo vid on Youtube.

credits (resized).JPG

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Excited for you! This will make your restored BSD PERFECT!!!! Can't wait to see it with this badboy installed! COLORDMD is the BEST!
For anyone not aware of the AMAZING restoration and mods that This guy did check out his thread on his Restoration! HEP would be proud!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-documenting-for-fun/page/3

Thanks Steve, that is high praise! As soon as I decide if I'm getting the LED or the LCD and receive the order I'll have you and some of the other local guys over to try it out.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

There have been various issues over the years, but it appears this particular product (speaker panel) is good.

#49 2 years ago

i assume you can set this to high res or scan instead of dots ?

#50 2 years ago

Damn this looks awesome
great job

Can't wait

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 209.99
$ 109.99
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 5.00
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Boards
PinSound
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside