(Topic ID: 161614)

ColorDMD Game 41: Spider-Man VE -- RELEASED!!!

By Dmod

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by epthegeek
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

in_stock_(resized).png
SMVE_Swing_(resized).PNG
image_(resized).jpeg
SMVE_Swing_(resized).PNG
SMVE_Goblin_(resized).PNG
SMVE_Attract_(resized).PNG
SMVE_Jack_(resized).PNG

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Appreciated. Certainly coloring was different back with DW and even TSPP to a lesser degree. The tools Randy has built up are way more advanced than back in the day. Just seeing the pace of you guys, wonder if you have a life outside of CDMD but always impressed. And just spent about 15-20 hours in the last 3 days trying to wrap up my next title!

Hey, I had to 'rough it' when doing roadshow I just didn't subject myself to the multitudes of tables of hex numbers instead opting to write my own sprite editing thingy.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Hey, I had to 'rough it' when doing roadshow I just didn't subject myself to the multitudes of tables of hex numbers instead opting to write my own sprite editing thingy.

Don't I remember, but I couldn't make heads nor tails of your editor so I stuck with spreadsheets, excel magic, and hex.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

You have 65 games listed. You said F U to your wallet a while ago

you need to ask pete about the fact that he put an elevator in his house to make it easier to haul machines up and down. unless, maybe the elevator was free?

#54 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you need to ask pete about the fact that he put an elevator in his house to make it easier to haul machines up and down. unless, maybe the elevator was free?

Well, how would YOU do it? Haul them up and down the stairs like some kind of *peasant*!?!?!?

(scoff!)

Seriously...the elevator wasn't all that expensive. It cost less than a single ColorDMD (materials and labor).

Pete

#56 7 years ago

DMD currently says unavailable. Is that because it hasn't been released yet or has the first batch already sold out? Also, is this the accessory that is required for SMVE?

http://shop.colordmd.com/pinbits-clear-shield-and-mounting-standoffs-for-new-stern-cabinets/

Thank you

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

DMD currently says unavailable. Is that because it hasn't been released yet or has the first batch already sold out? Also, is this the accessory that is required for SMVE?
http://shop.colordmd.com/pinbits-clear-shield-and-mounting-standoffs-for-new-stern-cabinets/
Thank you

ColorDMD is currently out of stock till later this month or early July. You can join the mailing list to get notified when they are back in stock.
Yes, that is the clear shield and standoffs that are needed.

#58 7 years ago

COLORDMD PREVIEW FOR SPIDER-MAN VE!

Check out Eric Priepke's colorization for the new Spider-Man Vault Edition and don't forget to crank up the audio track! Thanks to Eric and Chris for another great preview video!

#59 7 years ago

Super job to all those involved in this release.

#60 7 years ago

Wow, the ColorDMD of the Spider-Man Vault Edition looks terrific! Great job. The more I see of this game the more interested I've become.

#61 7 years ago

COLORDMD FOR SPIDER-MAN VE RELEASED!!!

The color ROM to support Spider-Man Vault Edition pinball machines has been released and is now available for download from the SUPPORT page of our site.

Thanks to Eric Priepke for his amazing work on this title and the original version of the game.

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

SMVE_Swing_(resized).PNGSMVE_Swing_(resized).PNG

#62 7 years ago

Stern, this is how SMVE should have came from the factory!!

#63 7 years ago

Agreed 100%. I have purchased IMVE, Star Trek LE and now SMVE. Spent an extra $500 each on color DMD's for SMVE and IMVE. I will not be purchasing another stern title until COLOR DMD'S are installed. Stern should have color DMD's in all their games with dollars they are charging. Are you serious ! It's 2016......

#64 7 years ago

I want to put my X-Men color DMD into my Original Spiderman.

How do I get a new controller board?

Robert

#65 7 years ago

They're here

in_stock_(resized).pngin_stock_(resized).png

1 week later
#66 7 years ago

Minor code update from Stern:
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-spider-man-vault-edition

Read me file finally publishes the 'you can't run this in the original SM, so don't try' blurb. 32MB vs 64MB files or something - ironically the opposite in basic terms to the ColorDMD requirements.

#67 7 years ago

Can the old code work in the vault edition?

#68 7 years ago

From the readme:

2. Fix - Doc Ock background animation text for first and third modes was
difficult to read: added outline to text.
3. Fix - Venom did not disappear from the background animation after being hit
in Battle Royale. Fixed.

I knew about both of these bugs (I actually reported them to Stern) and did the color masking accordingly - the colorDMD for the VE SHOULD be fine with both of these changes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-41-along-came-another-spider/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.