(Topic ID: 161614)

ColorDMD Game 41: Spider-Man VE -- RELEASED!!!

By Dmod

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by epthegeek
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

in_stock_(resized).png
SMVE_Swing_(resized).PNG
image_(resized).jpeg
SMVE_Swing_(resized).PNG
SMVE_Goblin_(resized).PNG
SMVE_Attract_(resized).PNG
SMVE_Jack_(resized).PNG

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

GAME 41: ALONG CAME ANOTHER SPIDER!?!

ColorDMD Displays is excited to announce that Spider-Man Vault Edition is the 41st game to be supported by the ColorDMD pinball display platform!

SMVE_TitleSMVE_Title

When faced with the challenge of releasing colorization for Spider-Man pinball machines in the wake of the heavily anticipated Vault Edition version of the game, Eric Priepke casually responded "No problem, I'll just do them both!" The release of colorizations for both original Spider-Man and Spider-Man VE marks the first time in ColorDMD's history of a simultaneous "twin" release.

SMVE_JackSMVE_Jack

With all new hand drawn animations for SMVE, very little from SM's colorization could be reused. As such, SMVE represents a second near ground-up project colorization with the shortest time from game production to color support!

SMVE_GoblinSMVE_Goblin

Unlike the original version of the game which requires updated ColorDMD hardware for larger color ROM storage, SMVE is supported by all current ColorDMD controller boards and shares the same easy-to-install platform as previous title releases.

All displays ship with the factory installed SIGMA ROM that supports WPC, WPC95, SAM, and Whitestar platforms. Multicolor operation is enabled through download and installation of a game-specific color ROM file, available from our site. ROMs can be changed at any time, allowing use with any of our supported titles. All ROMs support six different rendering styles including high-resolution upscaling.

SMVE_WebslingerSMVE_Webslinger

Displays are shipping now from our store site or through our distributors. The color ROM for Spider-Man Vault Edition pinball machines is targeted for release by Friday, June 17!

For more information, please visit us at www.colordmd.com.

#2 7 years ago

Dam!

#3 7 years ago

Sneaky

#4 7 years ago

BAM! hehehe

#5 7 years ago

Yea, that Eric is a sneaky bastard isn't he...

Jaz

#6 7 years ago

Awesome guys! ColorDMD kicks ass!

Now wheres my TWD colorization ROM already?

#7 7 years ago

Bam!! Bam!!

Very colorful one SMVE is.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yoda?

#9 7 years ago

lol, nice

#10 7 years ago

I guess this explains the "twins" clue. nice job eric

#11 7 years ago

Awesome work, love the colors you chose.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Bam!! Bam!!

It looks great in motion, even more so than the stills. SM vs SMVE, in my opinion is a pretty strong indictment of FMV clips on DMDs.

(Just a shame the audio callouts on the VE are so horrible.)
(Oh yes I did.)

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

(Oh yes I did.)

#14 7 years ago

ER. MAH. GERD!!! Totally did not expect this so soon for the Vault Edition. Wow. Nice job.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It looks great in motion, even more so than the stills. SM vs SMVE, in my opinion is a pretty strong indictment of FMV clips on DMDs.
(Oh yes I did.)

Well, time to craft a version that has SMVE dots with the SM voice package...

#16 7 years ago

I'll have the color dmd before the actual pin. Still waiting...

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Feels bad, bro. C'mon Stern!

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

uggh, that is a bummer!

Heard they pushed back all SMVE till after GB gets caught up.

#19 7 years ago

Now, I just want to sling some webs... .. .

#20 7 years ago

Holy Frijoles, that was fast!! Impressive! Now I just have to figure out how to pay for all these displays that have been coming out lately?!?

#21 7 years ago

SMVE looks so good in color!

#22 7 years ago

Good lord those dots look good. Grrr....don't know how much longer I can fight the temptation. I wan't this game in my lineup. =(

#23 7 years ago

Stern should send a "Thank You" card. I imagine this will help them sell a few SMVEs

Bring on GB!

#25 7 years ago

Wow...Eric has been a busy man. Excellent work, looks awesome!

#26 7 years ago

Really want to order a color DMD for my spiderman VE does anyone know where I can order the color DMD adapter for new style speaker panels?

Pinbits looks sold out
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_77&products_id=583

Thanks for any info!

Mat

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Really want to order a color DMD for my spiderman VE does anyone know where I can order the color DMD adapter for new style speaker panels?
Pinbits looks sold out
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_77&products_id=583
Thanks for any info!
Mat

ACCESSORIES page of our store site. The adapter was created for ST (the original metal speaker panel) but is no longer used. You just need a clear shield and hex standoffs that are sold together as a kit.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Pinbits looks sold out
Thanks for any info!
Mat

From ColorDMD's store
http://shop.colordmd.com/accessories/

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

ACCESSORIES page of our store site.

Thank you!

#30 7 years ago

Wow, this one got done fast. Just ordered one!!

#31 7 years ago

friggin Eric does it again! Awesome work Eric. I'll never catch you and Dave now. Still gunning to get my 5th title started soon but I'm the old man round here now! Way to go on this fine set of releases that I know took some serious time. Here's to hoping they don't give you or Dave the one I really want next

#32 7 years ago

Ordered! Dots look great can't wait to see this in game! thanks for all the hard work getting this together so quick

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

friggin Eric does it again! Awesome work Eric. I'll never catch you and Dave now. Still gunning to get my 5th title started soon but I'm the old man round here now! Way to go on this fine set of releases that I know took some serious time. Here's to hoping they don't give you or Dave the one I really want next

Don't shoot yourself down Mark. You toted a lot of heavy weight in the early going. If that hadn't gone well, Randy wouldn't have expanded the team. Everybody after you owes you thanks, and you've done, and are doing great stuff.

#34 7 years ago

Eric >> Please do Congo next!

#35 7 years ago

Wow!!! Great job on this..love the work by Color DMD team.

I know code is not finished for Kiss but it needs full color at some point . It's one of those that scream for full color.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Wow!!! Great job on this..love the work by Color DMD team.
I know code is not finished for Kiss but it needs full color at some point . It's one of those that scream for full color.

I suspect that may be the hardest or most impossible game to do because of the video footage and the possible lack of availability of the actual video to match up with the coloring of the dots.

#37 7 years ago

Take a bow Eric, well done on both fronts sir.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Eric >> Please do Congo next!

not sure why I am getting down votes for this. Eric does GREAT coloring work. There are plenty of pretty crappy colored games. Congo is one of my favorite so would liek to see it done well and Eric is pretty proven for his skilla.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not sure why I am getting down votes for this. Eric does GREAT coloring work. There are plenty of pretty crappy colored games. Congo is one of my favorite so would liek to see it done well and Eric is pretty proven for his skilla.

Mainly because there are others we would like to see colorized first. Family Guy, Pinball Magic, Stern Indiana Jones and Indy 500 come to mind.

#40 7 years ago

And TFTC and No Fear (for me)...

#41 7 years ago

wohoooooo! ordered one today! will be my second color dmd ... can't wait!!

#42 7 years ago

Does this work in SM also?

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

(Oh yes I did.)

Applause for color SMVE, it takes a lot of work!

There are options in the works for the sounds ...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spider-man-ve-smve-call-out-modification

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Don't shoot yourself down Mark. You toted a lot of heavy weight in the early going. If that hadn't gone well, Randy wouldn't have expanded the team. Everybody after you owes you thanks, and you've done, and are doing great stuff.

Appreciated. Certainly coloring was different back with DW and even TSPP to a lesser degree. The tools Randy has built up are way more advanced than back in the day. Just seeing the pace of you guys, wonder if you have a life outside of CDMD but always impressed. And just spent about 15-20 hours in the last 3 days trying to wrap up my next title!

#46 7 years ago

I love the artists being competitive with each other, bodes well for customers.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I love the artists being competitive with each other, bodes well for customers.

It doesn't bode well for my wallet.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

It doesn't bode well for my wallet.

You have 65 games listed. You said F U to your wallet a while ago

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Oh god, my sides. HALP.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Yes, forego one crappy Stern Pro title and you can buy 12 ColorDMDs. The finger violin is playing a sad song now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-41-along-came-another-spider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.