(Topic ID: 161613)

ColorDMD Game 40: Spider-Man (Original) -- RELEASED!!!

By Dmod

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 211 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Arcade
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3321 (resized).JPG
SM_Title_(resized).PNG
Image4.png
Animation1.gif
in_stock_(resized).png
SM_BlackSuit_(resized).PNG
Capturedots_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-06-08_at_7.52.55_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-06-08_at_7.53.14_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-06-07_at_10.37.29_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-06-07_at_10.31.08_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-06-07_at_10.30.58_PM_(resized).png
vlcsnap-00267_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
SM_Title_(resized).PNG
There are 211 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 7 years ago

ALONG CAME A SPIDER!

ColorDMD Displays is excited to announce that Spider-Man is the 40th game to be supported by the ColorDMD pinball display platform!

SM_TitleSM_Title

Eric Priepke is back for his third title with Spider-Man, following up on previous successes Iron Man and The Flintstones! Since joining the team in October, Eric has been a force to be reckoned with, helping to pioneer colorization of full-motion video sequences and providing support on Avengers, Sopranos, and other titles.

Eric is also known for his work on Cactus Canyon continued. He is an accomplished contributor to the P-ROC community, and also helps with setup and support of Pinball Expo. He resides in Wisconsin with his wife and two children, has collected pins since 1995, and competes in the Chicago Pinball Mafia pinball league.

SM UnmaskedSM Unmasked

Due to the extensive video sequences, Spider-Man requires an updated Rev 1.3B ColorDMD controller board. The Rev 1.3B board has been shipped with new displays produced during 2016, and contains a 64Mbit flash memory versus the 32Mbit memory used on previous boards. Unfortunately, earlier ColorDMD controllers fitted with the smaller memory will not work with the Spider-Man color ROM.

All displays ship with the factory installed SIGMA ROM that supports WPC, WPC95, SAM, and Whitestar platforms. Multicolor operation is enabled through download and installation of a game-specific color ROM file, available from our site. ROMs can be changed at any time, allowing use with any of our supported titles. All ROMs support six different rendering styles including high-resolution upscaling.

SM Black SuitSM Black Suit

Displays are shipping now from our store site or through our distributors. The color ROM for Spider-Man pinball machines is targeted for release by Friday, June 17!

For more information, please visit us at www.colordmd.com.

THE VIDEO PREVIEW IS HERE!

#3 7 years ago

Dang you guys are really cranking the titles out!

#4 7 years ago

does this work in SMVE also?

#5 7 years ago

Another awesome release.

#6 7 years ago

Wooo Hoo! My ColorDMD was installed a couple months ago in hope of this so I am ready.

Thank You Eric!

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

does this work in SMVE also?

LOLWUT?

#8 7 years ago

Will it be possible to buy the upgraded controller board separately and attach it to an older ColorDMD display?

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Wooo Hoo! My ColorDMD was installed a couple months ago in hope of this so I am ready.
Thank You Eric!

Check your board revision number just to be sure, but if you got it in 2016 you SHOULD be ok.

#10 7 years ago

Awesome!!!! Any option for just upgrading the controller board? The ColorDMD in my SM was purchased last year (2015) and I don't have another game to put it in at this time as all my other games already have one.

#11 7 years ago

Nice! Now - STAR TREK!

#12 7 years ago

simple question... Does this work in SM vault or are those different dots?

I thought maybe that is what all the "twins" hints were about.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry, didn't realize you were serious.

The SMVE dots are very different. All the video parts were replaced with animated bits instead, and several of the modes names & content changed. SMVE would have to be done separately.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Will it be possible to buy the upgraded controller board separately and attach it to an older ColorDMD display?

If you have someone locally who can replace a surface mount IC, it's an easy replacement and will be more cost effective than replacing a controller board. The IC that needs to be replaced is U3 near the AUX connector. The new part number is

Cypress S25FL164K0XMFI011

These parts are available from sources like Digi-Key (http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/cypress-semiconductor-corp/S25FL164K0XMFI011/1274-1097-ND/4457674)

Rob Anthony (Borygard) has indicated he is able to provide this service to customers who need to upgrade a board. Please contact him for pricing.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Check your board revision number just to be sure, but if you got it in 2016 you SHOULD be ok.

Yes, I just checked and have the 1.3B that is needed. Thanks

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Prob in reference to the Red/Black suits. No? Jesus dude. How in the hell would these colored dots work in the VE when those are entirely different dots?

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Prob in reference to the Red/Black suits. No? Jesus dude. How in the hell would these colored dots work in the VE when those are entirely different dots?

Not everyone is a tech genius. I don't know squat about dots and I had the same question. A simple yes or no would have been sufficient.

#19 7 years ago

Way to go Eric, great work!!

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Sorry, didn't realize you were serious.
The SMVE dots are very different. All the video parts were replaced with animated bits instead, and several of the modes names & content changed. SMVE would have to be done separately.

thanks. I am yet to see or play SMVE. Was not sure if it had differnet dots.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Not everyone is a tech genius. I don't know squat about dots and I had the same question. A simple yes or no would have been sufficient.

You dont have to be a tech genius to have some common sense

Original - movie based

Vault - comic

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks. I am yet to see or play SMVE. Was not sure if it had differnet dots.

SMVE has totally different dots. There was one in Stern's booth at TPF.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

You dont have to be a tech genius to have some common sense

To be fair, the IM & IM VE are exactly identical. So if you haven't actually seen a SMVE, or paid any attention to the news about it - just know that a VE version of spiderman exists, it's a fair question.

Hilton is usually pretty plugged in to the news of various pinball things, so I thought he was joking.

#24 7 years ago

Pro Tip for anybody putting a ColorDMD in their Original Spider-man: Try it with the contrast pushed down 2 or 3 steps. It really helps the video clips to darken the lower end brightness.

If you don't prefer it, you can always turn it back up again, but give it a chance.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

SMVE has totally different dots. There was one in Stern's booth at TPF.

I was too busy looking at and playing the other games and did not even pay attention to the SM to realize.

Oddly enough we have one on route on the westside of town and I have not even been over to play it. Sad but true.

#27 7 years ago

Holy Crap!! SMVE also released. Wow. These games are getting pounded out this year.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-41-along-came-another-spider

#28 7 years ago

Yea, that Eric is a sneaky bastard isn't he...

Jaz

#29 7 years ago

What? Simultaneous releases of Spiderman and Spiderman VE? Holy smokes that Eric is cranking
Seriously props to the man!

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

lol, look who is the dummy now

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-41-along-came-another-spider

nice job Eric!

#31 7 years ago

hilton, you do realize that marco's had a spider-man VE at MGC this year (and I thought that you played it). how could you not be aware that the dots weren't different?

#32 7 years ago

I'm pretty damn interesting in playing this game with a colorDMD on it,
quite intrigued to see how it turned out, this game totally deserves it!

#33 7 years ago

Holy Crap!! SMVE also released. Wow. These games are getting pounded out this year.

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!!!

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!!!

Then you will not get your ColorDMD delivery!

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

hilton, you do realize that marco's had a spider-man VE at MGC this year (and I thought that you played it). how could you not be aware that the dots weren't different?

never really liked the game much so did not really pay much attention to the VE when it came out. I may have played it at MGC (cant remember) but I never look at dots when playing I guess. I have not played old SM enough to even know the dots on it to compare.

#37 7 years ago

Wow. ColorDMD is picking up the pace on coloring.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Wow. ColorDMD is picking up the pace on coloring.

I just hope people don't get cranky if the pace drops off a bit. Not saying that I know anything about the future - It may hold this high, I don't know. But ya'll have been really spoiled so far this year

#39 7 years ago

With the games I have left, it would cost me $2800 to do them all. Ugh

#40 7 years ago

Just awesome! Been patiently waiting for this one. Just made my upcoming 40th birthday that much better!

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Just awesome! Been patiently waiting for this one. Just made my upcoming 40th birthday that much better!

Cool coincidence...40th ColorDMD game, 40th birthday for you.

#42 7 years ago

We're going to stream SM in full color tonight at 6pm CST on Twitch. Come check it out!

https://www.twitch.tv/texas_pinball

https://www.facebook.com/TexasPinballLiveStream/posts/1742062479350343:0

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#43 7 years ago

WOOT!! WOOOT!! Finally!!
Can't wait to see my Spidey in color...Have had the Sigma in there waiting for a couple years, so have to get the updated board, but it is going to be AWESOME!!!

Phoebe

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I just hope people don't get cranky if the pace drops off a bit. Not saying that I know anything about the future - It may hold this high, I don't know. But ya'll have been really spoiled so far this year

We need to find Epthegeek a new game for his collection as it appears that his current collection is now all colorized! I did see WOF on his wishlist. WOF Continued would be pretty sweet

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

We need to find Epthegeek a new game for his collection as it appears that his current collection is now all colorized! I did see WOF on his wishlist. WOF Continued would be pretty sweet

I'm not limited by just what I own. Thanks to some awesome people I know, I can get things on loan to work on. Like the one I'm in the middle of presently.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm not limited by just what I own. Thanks to some awesome people I know, I can get things on loan to work on. Like the one I'm in the middle of presently.

in the middle of colorizing? or in the middle of P-Rocing?

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nice! Thanks for all you do for this hobby. The dots on SM look incredible! Can't wait to see the video.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

in the middle of colorizing? or in the middle of P-Rocing?

Not currently working on any new PROC projects. Having too much fun with color projects.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Not currently working on any new PROC projects. Having too much fun with color projects.

If you want to borrow anything in my colelction just let me know. Happy to lend it out for coloring.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Well, a big thanks to you, the other artists and Randy for this great product.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 211 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-40-along-came-a-spider/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.