image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
tron3_(resized).png
tron5_(resized).png
tron4_(resized).png
tron2_(resized).png
tron1_(resized).png
There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 8 years ago

GAME 34: THE ARCADE IS OPEN!

ColorDMD's third title release of 2016 is TRON and marks the 34th multicolor release for the ColorDMD display platform!

tron1_(resized).pngtron1_(resized).png

Mark Jarzewiak, a founding member of the ColorDMD Development Team, returns for his third title with TRON! Mark also provided coloring for Doctor Who and The Simpsons Pinball Party, and support for AC/DC, Indiana Jones, and Metallica.

tron2_(resized).pngtron2_(resized).png

Mark is a member of the Northern Georgia Pinball League, and an active contributor of the Pinside and P-ROC forums. He's told us his goal is to complete five games using the ColorDMD platform and he's still taking requests! Having previously covered a wide mix of text and cartoon animation, Mark explores new territory with TRON and the platform's ability to enhance full motion video sequences. The resuls are incredible!

tron3_(resized).pngtron3_(resized).png

The ColorDMD for TRON pinball machines leverages the company's easy-to-install ColorDMD SIGMA platform and supports six different rendering styles. Multicolor operation is enabled through free download and installation of a game-specific ROM using a USB drive. The display may be reconfigured for use with any supported title.

tron4_(resized).pngtron4_(resized).png

Displays are in stock now for immediate shipping, The color ROM for TRON is targeted for release on Friday, February 26. Thank you for your continued support! For additional information, including upcoming game previews, please visit us at

tron5_(resized).pngtron5_(resized).png

EDIT: Video Link Added

#2 8 years ago

Wow!

#3 8 years ago

Considering what they had to work with its a big improvement. Need to see the video for sure

#4 8 years ago

Yes!!!!

#5 8 years ago

I AM IN

#6 8 years ago

Finally, in like Flynn. More importantly before Labnip.

#7 8 years ago

if only i had a tron

#8 8 years ago

This is awesome I've had one in my tron for quite a while set to blue waiting for this day. Now all I need is Spiderman cactus canyon and walking dead and my room will be colorised

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#9 8 years ago

It's about time! I've been running the eli kit with color changing topper and color DMD synchronized with the ramps. Now I can finally fully utilize the color dmd in all its glory.

How long until Star Trek now?

#11 8 years ago

Oh man, I was really hoping for something else. Why do a title everyone has been begging for?

Happy I bought extras as I predict this will sell out.

#12 8 years ago

This is me throwing money at the ColorDMD website this morning.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#13 8 years ago

I'm looking forward to the video preview. I was unexpectedly impressed by the film footage in Iron Man and am curious about how the film clips come out with Tron.

#14 8 years ago

I've been really impressed with ColorDMD's treatment on ac/dc, metallica, iron man and now tron. congrats to the people involved in making these happen

#15 8 years ago

Hey--another EL apron. Love mine. I, too, have one synced with Eli's ramps. Looking forward to proper colorization!!

#16 8 years ago

Hooray!!!!! Can't wait to see this live!!!!.....mark

#17 8 years ago

Will this work on both the LE and pro models?

Thanks.

Brian

#18 8 years ago

You people are up way too early

Yay Tron !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! ! !!! !!!!!! !! !

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#19 8 years ago

Finally, I can justify to myself the cost of putting that colorDMD in TRON back in March...

Sincerely hope the timer bars are colour-coded to the relavent mode/inserts. That'd help my limited intelligence & failing memory immensely.

Please be Congo, Spiderman or Star Trek soon!

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

You people are up way too early
Yay Tron !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! ! !!! !!!!!! !! !

I bought a ColorDMD while I was halfway through my bowl of cereal.

TRON!!!

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Thanks.
Brian

I'd also like to know the answer to this one!

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Thanks.
Brian

Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I'd also like to know the answer to this one!

There's LE and Pro versions of AC/DC, Avengers, Metallica & X-Men and there is one version of the ColorDMD code for each title. I think one code fits all.

#23 8 years ago

Mark, I request you do Pinball Magic next.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

There's LE and Pro versions of AC/DC, Avengers, Metallica & X-Men and there is one version of the ColorDMD code for each title. I think one code fits all.

One code to rule them all. lol

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

A Tron LE would be a lot harder to get your hands on for coding than any Premium (AC/DC, Avengers, Metallica, X-Men). I'm hopeful that they did, but it's not nearly as easy as the others.

#26 8 years ago

Mark, great job! Maybe you could do spiderman

#27 8 years ago

I can't wait to see the video for this one...

Lookin' sweet.

#28 8 years ago

That would be sweet! I am in..

#29 8 years ago

These guys are killing me. I hate it when they do a game I'v got because after you get one you want them in all of your games. This will be the third one I bought this month.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Thanks.
Brian

The same color ROM works with both the Tron LE and Pro models.

#31 8 years ago

I looked on website for Spiderman. is it not available yet?

#32 8 years ago

Avatar please! That would be my last one not color

#33 8 years ago

Wow, that was quick. Congrats to all Tron owners. Hoping Family Guy is next...

#34 8 years ago

Will somebody tell me what the hell The Honeymooners have in common with TRON?? Not that stupid remark about Norton,TRON backwards?? oh boy !! Given the fact,that all the ST/le s were almost instantly sold out,mods for ST are abundant,and still no DMD?? No peace...

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Will somebody tell me what the hell The Honeymooners have in common with TRON?? Not that stupid remark about Norton,TRON backwards?? oh boy !!

That's exactly what it was. Ed Norton = TRON done

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Mark, I request you do Pinball Magic next.

I would happy to do that after I'm finished with my next title (already in development). Just ship the game to me and we'll get it back to you when we are done PM me for an address

#37 8 years ago

Perfect color scheme used for Tron!

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from mpatricksp:

These guys are killing me. I hate it when they do a game I'v got because after you get one you want them in all of your games. This will be the third one I bought this month.

I hear you. They are bankrupting me....

Pete

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Will somebody tell me what the hell The Honeymooners have in common with TRON?? Not that stupid remark about Norton,TRON backwards?? oh boy !! Given the fact,that all the ST/le s were almost instantly sold out,mods for ST are abundant,and still no DMD?? No peace...

Star Trek is extremely difficult to detect and color properly because of how things are drawn on the display in several parts of the game.

#40 8 years ago

Does anyone know when a video is expected? A couple of days? Next week? Right before release?

Pete

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

A new ColorDMD announcement isn't complete without some entitled whiner complaining that THEIR game isn't done yet.

Tron rules. Thanks Randy!

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Star Trek is extremely difficult to detect and color properly because of how things are drawn on the display in several parts of the game.

People keep saying that, and yet I don't see any difference when I play Star Trek or any other modern Stern that has been colorized. Can you provide a compare and contrast example? Genuinely curious.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

People keep saying that, and yet I don't see any difference when I play Star Trek or any other modern Stern that has been colorized. Can you provide a compare and contrast example? Genuinely curious.

The latest software update includes several places where the 'score boxes' pop up over dynamic animations, so the challenge is to detect and color not only those entirely random boxes (which appear randomly and also occlude even each other), but the dynamic animation that they're blocking. Some of the Stern games already completed have the same kind of random boxes that pop up, but in most cases what they're covering is not very dynamic - it's either canned animations or static images so you can pick things up from the outlying edges where the boxes don't show up and still color the frame. The hallway animation on avengers was probably the 'busiest' one done so far, and that was no walk in the park.

What would be awesome is if Stern would throw ColorDMD a bone and include an option in the settings to remove those boxes, or make them more predictable than random .. or .. something.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

A new ColorDMD announcement isn't complete without some entitled whiner complaining that THEIR game isn't done yet.
Tron rules. Thanks Randy!

Tron?? Yeeesh.

When are they making the ColorDMD for Bad Cats????

Wake up, sheeple.

Pete

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Comment pretty harsh...I appreciate the pace at which games are being colorized, period, whether I own them or not (I still have titles to other games that are more important to ME than ST that haven't been colorized, but bitching seems a bit foolish).....thanks colordmd team for providing a great product.........mark

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The latest software update includes several places where the 'score boxes' pop up over dynamic animations, so the challenge is to detect and color not only those entirely random boxes (which appear randomly and also occlude even each other), but the dynamic animation that they're blocking. Some of the Stern games already completed have the same kind of random boxes that pop up, but in most cases what they're covering is not very dynamic - it's either canned animations or static images so you can pick things up from the outlying edges where the boxes don't show up and still color the frame. The hallway animation on avengers was probably the 'busiest' one done so far, and that was no walk in the park.
What would be awesome is if Stern would throw ColorDMD a bone and include an option in the settings to remove those boxes, or make them more predictable than random .. or .. something.

Gotcha. Thank you for explaining it better.

#48 8 years ago

There will be a livestream of Tron with ColorDMD early next week that will run for likely several hours and afford the option to see lots of what's in here.

#49 8 years ago

Mark J. Thanks for all the hard work! I ordered today as soon as I saw this. Don't need to see a video clip. I'm already sold! Hope to see you this Saturday bud!

#50 8 years ago

Seeing Iron Man and now Tron, gives me hope Spiderman will be done. You all do such great work. I installed one in my Metallica this weekend and my kids thought i bought a brand new machine, which we have had since its realease.

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-34-the-arcade-is-open and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.