nggdmd3.jpeg
nggdmd.jpeg
nggdmd4.jpeg
nggdmd2.jpeg
NGG.png
NGG_Frame.png
#1 8 years ago

COLORDMD GAME 30! NAUGHTY OR NICE?

ColorDMD Displays is excited to announce support for No Good Gofer pinball machines! This is the 30th multicolor release for the ColorDMD display platform, and 16th new title release in 2015!

Developer Ric Turner (Getaway: High Speed II) returns for No Good Gofers!. A pinball enthusiast, residing in southern California, Ric started restoring pinball machines in high school and worked his way through college repairing games. He designs Theme Park attractions for a major entertainment company, and spent much of the time developing NGG around and between trips to a major project in Asia!

NGG Frame.pngNGG Frame.png

The ColorDMD for NGG pinball machines leverages the company's easy-to-install ColorDMD SIGMA platform and supports six different rendering styles. Multicolor operation is enabled through free download and installation of a game-specific ROM using a USB drive. The display may be reconfigured for use with any supported title.

Displays are in stock now for immediate shipping, The color ROM for No Good Gofers is targeted for release on Friday, December 18.

Thank you for your continued support! For additional information, including upcoming game previews, please visit us at www.colordmd.com!

EDIT: Video Preview Added! Thanks to Ric Turner for capturing and editing the video!

#2 8 years ago

Nice!

Was wondering when this one would join the list!

Pete

#3 8 years ago

I was really hoping tz wld be out before the end of the year . In any event any new title is good I guess

#4 8 years ago

Should be a fun title in color. Good job.

#5 8 years ago

Tron! Tron! Tron! Where the heck is Tron!!!!!

#6 8 years ago

OH, F*#& YEAH!

#7 8 years ago

Will a video be linked on the site?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I was really hoping tz wld be out before the end of the year . In any event any new title is good I guess

Quoted from DaveH:

Tron! Tron! Tron! Where the heck is Tron!!!!!

Just keep in mind that the people working on these projects are all pindividuals too. It's well known what games people would love to see colored. For now, just be happy ColorDMD development & releases continue and know that eventually those other games will get done (and try to act less spoiled maybe )

Congrats on a job well done Ric!

#9 8 years ago

Damn you Color DMD! I was running Sigma on NGG and took it out to install in XMLE. Go ahead and take my money again!

#10 8 years ago

Finally! My first ColorDMD! Ordered already!

#11 8 years ago

Is Teed Off next?

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

(and try to act less spoiled maybe )

Yes, I am spoiled by Color DMD, I won't deny that. The problem is that the Color DMD games surrounding my Tron make the Plasma DMD in my Tron look like crap. So I want to change that. A simple estimate would be fine, but there have not been any. So I will continue to ask "Are we there yet" over and over.

#13 8 years ago

To quote Papa Smurf, 'No!'

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is Teed off next?

better game with better animations!

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Just keep in mind that the people working on these projects are all pindividuals too. It's well known what games people would love to see colored. For now, just be happy ColorDMD development & releases continue and know that eventually those other games will get done (and try to act less spoiled maybe )
Congrats on a job well done Ric!

Not spoiled at all just going off what was said this time last year which was tz was supposed to be released at some point by 2016 I thought? I appreciate all titles that get done and eventually all will be done at some point . Tz would sellout very quickly i assume as many are waiting for it . Hopefully its been in the making for a while and will be the best to date when released . Thanks for all the hard work to those evolved in spoiling all of us with this mod .

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not spoiled at all just going off what was said this time last year which was tz was supposed to be released at some point by 2016 I thought? I appreciate all titles that get done and eventually all will be done at some point . Tz would sellout very quickly i assume as many are waiting for it . Hopefully its been in the making for a while and will be the best to date when released . Thanks for all the hard work to those evolved in spoiling all of us with this mod .

Randy is always very careful not to put dates on anything until it's wrapped up. Earlier this year, he started a thread about the plans for 2015 as far as Color DMD was concerned. From that thread:

Quoted from Dmod:

We understand the desire for information, tentative as it may be, so we'll try to provide a little more visibility. In 2015, we will continue to expand our support for STERN PINBALL, INC. games, including the SAM platform. Internally, we are looking to add support for core titles: TZ, AC/DC, MET, ST, and TRON. Some of these projects are underway, and others will begin early this year as other projects wrap up.

No dates - just "We're looking to add support for ..."

It is being worked on, Randy's confirmed that before, but expecting any specific release date until it's been announced is just going to make waiting for it that much harder

#17 8 years ago

Mr Sulu, lock phasers on Gophers and FIRE!

#18 8 years ago

Good time to be selling my Gophers

#19 8 years ago

NO GOOD GOFERS Video Preview! Thanks to Ric Turner for capturing and editing the video!

#20 8 years ago

Bud and Buzz look great in color, brings the little bastards to life.

#21 8 years ago

Fantastic!

#22 8 years ago

Ordered. This'll get me back into putting some time back on this game!...and rebuilding my right flipper.

#23 8 years ago

RELEASE!!!

The color ROM file for No Good Gofers is now available for download from our site! Thanks again to Ric Turner for all the effort to complete this title!

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

NGG.pngNGG.png

#24 8 years ago

Rec'd today. Can't wait to get home!

#25 8 years ago

Mine is sitting the UPS center within miles of my work and will probably sit there til Monday since UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday. Maybe I can drive over there later and see if they can hand it to me. I don't want to wait! Lol

#26 8 years ago

Mine is in the mail.....these guys ship fast after purchase for sure. Only issue is rotten Canadian dollar..........have to sell my old dmds to recover this...can't wait to install, this game already has great color on pf and cab!

#27 8 years ago

Blows my mind how much I like a pin once the color dmd is installed. Might have to get NGG again. Solid game and now color dmd supported. Sweet.

#28 8 years ago

nggdmd.jpegnggdmd.jpeg
nggdmd2.jpegnggdmd2.jpeg
nggdmd3.jpegnggdmd3.jpeg
nggdmd4.jpegnggdmd4.jpeg

#29 8 years ago

Ric did a great job! A perfect game for color dots! (Aren't they all!)

#30 8 years ago

Colordmd. release videos are always well done. NGG is greatly improved with color.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ric did a great job! A perfect game for color dots! (Aren't they all!)

Most are.

I'd say striker extreme and nfl will never happen.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Most are.
I'd say striker extreme and nfl will never happen.

Never say never.

8 months later
#33 7 years ago

Just bought a NGG & it has a colordmd. Currently it has the "smooth" look, I would like to change it to the "dots" look. How do I do that?

Thanks,
Zamp

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Just bought a NGG & it has a colordmd. Currently it has the "smooth" look, I would like to change it to the "dots" look. How do I do that?
Thanks,
Zamp

Go to ColorDMD website - http://colordmd.com

Faq - http://colordmd.com/FAQ.html

From the Faq

How can I change the settings on my ColorDMD display?

ColorDMD controller boards include a simple four-button menu system for changing and saving display settings. The right button is used to enter the menu system. Then left and right buttons move through the adjustable settings which currently include color, display style, backlight, and mounting position. The inner buttons are used to modify settings. The "SAVE AND EXIT" screen allows new settings to be stored to the display.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Go to ColorDMD website - http://colordmd.com
Faq - http://colordmd.com/FAQ.html
From the Faq
How can I change the settings on my ColorDMD display?
ColorDMD controller boards include a simple four-button menu system for changing and saving display settings. The right button is used to enter the menu system. Then left and right buttons move through the adjustable settings which currently include color, display style, backlight, and mounting position. The inner buttons are used to modify settings. The "SAVE AND EXIT" screen allows new settings to be stored to the display.

Thanks!

#36 7 years ago

No problem. But try DotsXL. Most of my games are set to this.

#37 7 years ago

ColorDMD Install on No Good Gofers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-30-naughty-or-nice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.