20150428_210924.jpg
1.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#52 8 years ago

Just saw the trailer...

Absolutely...
Freaking...
Awesome...

Jaz

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Just saw the trailer...
Absolutely...
Freaking...
Awesome...

Jaz

I just saw it too. I really suck at this game. I have never seen most of those animations. lol

I can't wait. I was happy with the color on my cdmd tied to the speaker lighting, but this is going to take it to a whole new level. I've got the flash drive just sitting here waiting.

#54 8 years ago

Minor EOTL spoilers...still haven't gotten there....dammit.

#55 8 years ago

So glad I got one now. Man, that looks so AWESOME. Add another $400 to the value of my game if I ever sell it.

#56 8 years ago

My ColorDMD is already installed, set to white, just waiting for the ROM!

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Same here...starting tomorrow D: ... stupid UPS.

#58 8 years ago

Just ordered mine after watching the video...

#59 8 years ago

I have had a ColorDMD in my Metallica for five months now and set to blue. Awesome that the ROM is being released hopefully this Friday. I will have a game play video once its released and posted on my blog. My game room was featured on ColorDMD's Facebook post months back.

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/

4.jpg4.jpg 5.jpg5.jpg 3.jpg3.jpg 1.jpg1.jpg
#60 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

+1. Except mine's on purple.

Friday can't come soon enough!

#62 8 years ago

I have a feeling with all the activity on the MET thread that ColorDMD might run out of stock on this one.

#63 8 years ago

OMG it looks so incredible. Sterns best art package + best dots + full color = GLARGHGHGHGHGHGHHGHGHH!!!!!

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OMG it looks so incredible. Sterns best art package + best dots + full color = GLARGHGHGHGHGHGHHGHGHH!!!!!

That sums it up about as accurately and succinctly as possible I think.

I'd say "best dots" applies to all of pinball though, I honestly can't think of a game with better dots.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I have a feeling with all the activity on the MET thread that ColorDMD might run out of stock on this one.

Some of us warned the community this and said "buy now...!"

Glad mine should be here tomorrow. Friday cannot come soon enough (Randy of ColorDMD confirmed that is the release date)!!!

#66 8 years ago

The 'smoothing' effect will be used for this color dmd, right? Why does the preview shot dots?

Is that an option, to use the 'smoothing effect'?

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

The 'smoothing' effect will be used for this color dmd, right? Why does the preview shot dots?

Diff. settings available in the menu: dots, dotsXL , tile , 8 bit , Hi res & scan .

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Cuz dots rule!!! I'm glad the preview shows it with dots.

All ColorDMD have identical options for the different rendering fx.

#69 8 years ago

Full steam ahead! Thank you color DMD for cranking them out at a record pace. Has it only been three years since MM was fully colorized? You guys should hook up with those remake cats. They could use your help.

#70 8 years ago

Just ordered....getting my Met on Saturday....

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That sums it up about as accurately and succinctly as possible I think.
I'd say "best dots" applies to all of pinball though, I honestly can't think of a game with better dots.

Do we know who the "Lyman of dots" is at Stern?

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Probably Mark Galvez & Mike Kyzivat

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

The dots on TWDLE are amazing too. As slow as their code is for whatever reason, the dots department is getting it done!

#74 8 years ago

Won't be long now....

20150428_210924.jpg20150428_210924.jpg

#75 8 years ago

Question for the met owners with the new back box. Got my color dmd today with the clear shield and stand offs. Installed it and noticed when standing on the side of the machine that there is a big gap between the dmd and the back box panel. About a half inch and you can see the speakers and wires through the gap. This doesn't seem normal but pretty sure I installed everything correctly and would think that it would lay flush against the back box. Anyone else have this gap too? I can post a pic of it if needed

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

Question for the met owners with the new back box. Got my color dmd today with the clear shield and stand offs. Installed it and noticed when standing on the side of the machine that there is a big gap between the dmd and the back box panel. About a half inch and you can see the speakers and wires through the gap. This doesn't seem normal but pretty sure I installed everything correctly and would think that it would lay flush against the back box. Anyone else have this gap too? I can post a pic of it if needed

Some black self adhesive weather strip foam would probably seal that up nicely!

Rob

#77 8 years ago

Ordered for my MET Premium... Now if I can just get a new playfield from Stern I will be happy!

Rob

1 month later
#78 8 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Diff. settings available in the menu: dots, dotsXL , tile , 8 bit , Hi res & scan .

That's cool! All for multiple different looks.

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-for-metallica/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.