View topic image gallery

F872C035-3355-4A46-B90F-C7FFDA6A41F7 (resized).jpeg
Whitestar3 (resized).png
Whitestar1 (resized).png
Whitestar2 (resized).png
20200417_153214 (resized).jpg
20200417_151104 (resized).jpg
20200417_151059 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

Did you provide that feedback to him? You did not mention whether you installed the color ROM for South Park. You did? Click the menu button once to be sure SP shows on the info screen.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from NRM3333:

"The different colors you're seeing are caused because the display board is sending a frame to the ColorDMD that is not recognized. Unrecognized frames are displayed in a default color. The problem you're having is unrelated to the ColorDMD and is a communication problem or hardware problem between the CPU and display boards."

This could be because you are running an older game ROM. Are you using the latest game ROM v1.03? https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4444

Maybe the display ROM version may be different as well. What version is on your DMD controller board? That display ROM image is not posted on IPDB. I don't have this game, so we'll have to check to see what display ROM version others are using with the ColorDMD.

#10 4 years ago

It seems you do have the latest Game/display ROMs installed. Thank you for posting.

#11 4 years ago

Can you do a factory reset on the game? Where the lithium batteries installed recently? With the game on or off?

#13 4 years ago

Ok. I would keep the Lithium batteries in since they should last 8 years or so. Could upgrade to NVRAM though to remove them completely. That does not seem like the issue right now.

I updated my post to v1.03. I had looked up a wrong game and posted v3.01 based on that game.

#16 4 years ago

I remember now reading other Whitestar games most recently having issues like that, even with an original orange plasma DMD. As Randy mentions, the ColorDMD is only displaying what it is told.

The issue others have posted recently have been related to the DMD controller. The RAM on the board must be causing what you are seeing cause the score issues displaying larger numbers than it should.

Do you have another DMD controller board you can borrow from a friend or install yours into their game? Any DE or Sega game should do. Just to make sure that R11 is removed on the other board since only one display ROM is used. Some older DE games have 2 display ROMs, such as LW3 so R11 needs to be installed.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from NRM3333:

And they are the same even though the one says 1.03 and the other 1.01?

1.03 is the Game ROM on the CPU and 1.01 is the display ROM on the DMD controller. I reviewed it with Randy, and these are the correct latest revisions.

On WPC games, there is just a Game ROM that combines it all. This is the difference between Whitestar and WPC.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from NRM3333:

Should I purchase a new DMD controller board or is that going overboard at the moment?

I feel better if you can prove it is the problem. This particular fault hasn't happened until very recently on a few different games.

ChrisHibler does repair these boards. He could test it and repair it, I'm sure, cheaper than what a new Rottendog board would cost.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Have you tried putting the old dmd back in? Would be interesting to see if that still works properly.

I expect no change.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-displaying-incorrectly?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.