(Topic ID: 72245)

ColorDMD December Release - Thursday, December 5, 8AM Pacific!!!!

By Dmod

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imagesCAXO7Y88.jpg
TOM.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Stern cable kits have arrived and will be added to our store shortly. New brackets for easier mounting in Stern games will be available by the end of the week. Cables can be purchased alone or with the new bracket.

Displays are in final assembly and test now. We're targeting release toward the end of the week and will be posting an official release date when we have more information. All new displays will ship with WPC cables and the new bracket. Stern cable kits may be purchased separately.

EDIT: Title changed to include release date. More information posted below.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

Will these mount to the new Star Trek ?

Based on threads and photos here, I don't think it will without a permanent modification to the speaker panel. The two screw posts in the center of the speaker panel will prevent a LCD screen from mounting flush against the speaker panel.

I think these posts would need to be removed or cut flush to the speaker panel.

#17 10 years ago

ColorDMD is excited to announce that all display products will be back in stock on our store site this Thursday at 8:00AM Pacific time! At that time all 'Add to Cart' links will be visible.

Get the new Theatre of Magic display or upgrade your favorite Stern with a new SIGMA display and customize it with your choice of color and display effect! The new SIGMA 2.3 ROM supports an improved upscaling algorithm and selection of 97 custom colors to match any game!

All displays ship with WPC power and ground cables, and a new mounting bracket design to support installation in WPC, Whitestar, and SAM platforms. A cable kit for Whitestar/SAM platforms is available separately. Regardless of display ordered, all displays are identical and ship in the same configuration. Use a USB flash drive to select and install any of our nine supported multicolor ROMs!

We hope you can join us Thursday, and thank you for your continued support and interest in our products!

http://www.colordmd.com

TOM.jpgTOM.jpg
#43 10 years ago

All displays are now back in stock on our site!

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Am I understanding correctly that the bracket that is available as an option in the Stern cable kit is the same bracket that is being included with all newly purchased displays? The bracket option is to allow previous revisions of the display to be retrofitted?

Correct, the new bracket is included with all new displays. We made it available as an option for customers who want to use an older ColorDMD display in a SAM or WhiteStar game.

The new bracket adds wider tabs with holes to fit the screw locations on the Stern speaker panel. It also adds four threadserts on the back for relocation of a WhiteStar DMD controller board

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from mot:

When is the TOM ROM going up on the site?

It will be up on the site by Saturday.

#70 10 years ago

Thanks everyone! All orders from yesterday's release have shipped, and TOM code will be up on our site by tomorrow.

Randy

#72 10 years ago

The color ROM for TOM is now available for download from our site!

http://www.colordmd.com/support.html

2 weeks later
#76 10 years ago
Quoted from tatanka1961:

I studied the speaker panel (of my STLE) more closely. Removing the middle studs will NOT allow the LCD to be mounted against the speaker panel; the LCD panel is higher than the speaker panel. As the speaker panel has edges both on the bottom and on top, it will not fit.
I think the option is to make a spacer with a hole for the display. This way the display will be ~2cm behind the front of the speaker panel (like in the wood speaker panels) This way, you don't even need to cut the studs. (I don't like to permanently modify original parts anyway) I'm working on a spacer like this now.

Very interested to see your results. There's also another thread here on this topic.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-le-and-the-colordmd-will-it-fit

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-december-release-update?tu=dmod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.