(Topic ID: 72245)

ColorDMD December Release - Thursday, December 5, 8AM Pacific!!!!

By Dmod

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tatanka1961
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

imagesCAXO7Y88.jpg
TOM.jpg

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Stern cable kits have arrived and will be added to our store shortly. New brackets for easier mounting in Stern games will be available by the end of the week. Cables can be purchased alone or with the new bracket.

Displays are in final assembly and test now. We're targeting release toward the end of the week and will be posting an official release date when we have more information. All new displays will ship with WPC cables and the new bracket. Stern cable kits may be purchased separately.

EDIT: Title changed to include release date. More information posted below.

#2 5 years ago

Thanks for the update, Randy!

Derek

#3 5 years ago

That's cool but when is Indy coming ?

#4 5 years ago

Indy 500 would be awesome......

#5 5 years ago

Will these mount to the new Star Trek ?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

Will these mount to the new Star Trek ?

Based on threads and photos here, I don't think it will without a permanent modification to the speaker panel. The two screw posts in the center of the speaker panel will prevent a LCD screen from mounting flush against the speaker panel.

I think these posts would need to be removed or cut flush to the speaker panel.

#7 5 years ago

Ugh. We'll get on the revision guys lol!

#8 5 years ago

Any plans for LOTR?

#9 5 years ago

Is there a release date for the Theatre of Magic firmware?

#10 5 years ago

I'll second that!

#11 5 years ago

Indiana. Jones. Please.

#12 5 years ago

Are the Sigma's out of stock?

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Indiana. Jones. Please.

The sooner the better I need motivation for completing the restauration!

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Based on threads and photos here, I don't think it will without a permanent modification to the speaker panel. The two screw posts in the center of the speaker panel will prevent a LCD screen from mounting flush against the speaker panel.
I think these posts would need to be removed or cut flush to the speaker panel.

Has anyone sized up the Star Trek LE speaker panel and the Color DMD to see if it will fit if the 2 center studs are removed? I assume a new clear plexi will have to be cut to replace the red one. What about the 4 corner mounting studs, will they have to be removed also? If so maybe a wood panel could be cut and mounted to the back of the metal panel. Their's got to be a way.

#16 5 years ago

hi,

any… buy more than 1 at a time & get a discount, specials going on? ie: late Black Friday featuring TOM + a 2nd ColorDMD at 33% off ?

#17 5 years ago

ColorDMD is excited to announce that all display products will be back in stock on our store site this Thursday at 8:00AM Pacific time! At that time all 'Add to Cart' links will be visible.

Get the new Theatre of Magic display or upgrade your favorite Stern with a new SIGMA display and customize it with your choice of color and display effect! The new SIGMA 2.3 ROM supports an improved upscaling algorithm and selection of 97 custom colors to match any game!

All displays ship with WPC power and ground cables, and a new mounting bracket design to support installation in WPC, Whitestar, and SAM platforms. A cable kit for Whitestar/SAM platforms is available separately. Regardless of display ordered, all displays are identical and ship in the same configuration. Use a USB flash drive to select and install any of our nine supported multicolor ROMs!

We hope you can join us Thursday, and thank you for your continued support and interest in our products!

http://www.colordmd.com

TOM.jpg
#18 5 years ago

If we know we want to place this into a Stern game, can we just get the Stern cables instead of the WPC cables and avoid paying extra to own both sets?

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Has anyone sized up the Star Trek LE speaker panel and the Color DMD to see if it will fit if the 2 center studs are removed? I assume a new clear plexi will have to be cut to replace the red one. What about the 4 corner mounting studs, will they have to be removed also? If so maybe a wood panel could be cut and mounted to the back of the metal panel. Their's got to be a way.

You have the LE... you're going to have to do some leg work.
My LE is still MIA... no word on shipment, yet.

My plan is to figure something out. I might just remove the studs; or might waterjet me a new panel at Techshop.ws.
If the latter; I'm guessing it'll be mid-April before I get to it... as the Mirror Universe needs to be finished first.

#20 5 years ago

Indiana Jones!!!! 12 modes of pure awesomeness )

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

You have the LE... you're going to have to do some leg work.
My LE is still MIA... no word on shipment, yet.
My plan is to figure something out. I might just remove the studs; or might waterjet me a new panel at Techshop.ws.
If the latter; I'm guessing it'll be mid-April before I get to it... as the Mirror Universe needs to be finished first.

Yea Zitt, I think you are right, sometimes the only way to get something done is to do it yourself and this might be one of those times.
Hang in their, some LE's are bound to make it down your way soon.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from CASTHOF:

That's at the top of my list, too. After that, TOTAN.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from CASTHOF:

If/when they make IJ, I'm buying 2 of them...

#24 5 years ago

cough...vote for the underdog- FISHTALES!

#25 5 years ago

tron

#26 5 years ago

Indy + 1

#27 5 years ago

tron + 1

#28 5 years ago

Gotta pick up a STTNG C-DMD.....

#30 5 years ago

WE WANT TZ COLORDMD!

#31 5 years ago

So for Sterns does the colordmd just provide a better display with single color choices right now?

#32 5 years ago

Tron + 2. But they said they wouldn't do any titles with movie clips in them

#33 5 years ago

I don't remember exactly how it was worded, but someone asked whether it would be possible to colorize a movie clip game where the movie clips are shown monochromatic, but the other stuff is multi colored, and the answer was yes. I don't have any idea how likely this is to happen, but my guess is that this would be how they would tackle a game like Tron.

#35 5 years ago

To-Tan! To-Tan! To-Tan! To-Tan!

#36 5 years ago

Another vote for Indiana Jones here!

#37 5 years ago

Off to the website. I think Simpsons and Family guy need some nicer yellow animations!

#38 5 years ago

Ready for MB and CFTBL !

#40 5 years ago

jeez… i blew so much dough over black-friday, my `ol ball & chain is gunna give me the boot if i buy these new colorDMD's this week…. uuuhhhggg… what to do… what to do…

#41 5 years ago

TFTC needs it because it's got some of the best imagines!

#42 5 years ago

This is 8 am Eastern, checking in with frustration that I still have to wait three hours. Carry on!

#43 5 years ago

All displays are now back in stock on our site!

#44 5 years ago

Thanks Randy
Order placed!

#45 5 years ago

Ordered ToM, woot! =)

#46 5 years ago

Finally getting the Addams Family!! Great Christmas gift for my husband.
Thanks Randy!!

#47 5 years ago

Ordered placed for a TOM

#48 5 years ago

Am I understanding correctly that the bracket that is available as an option in the Stern cable kit is the same bracket that is being included with all newly purchased displays? The bracket option is to allow previous revisions of the display to be retrofitted?

#50 5 years ago

Ordered one for TAF. Now waiting for TOTAN!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside