Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D21CFB61-2721-47AD-8A18-98DA321B213F (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210630_145254831.MP (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jasenwm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Rudy29:

Colordmd for playboy was recently revealed (Check out the link above). Just waiting on the color rom to be released.

I need this right now!!

2 weeks later
#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Quoting the machine next to it, "It's Beautiful!!"[quoted image]

I must be doing something wrong. When I put the USB in the led on the board just blinks progress forever, the dmd doesn't turn on when I turn the machine on I have to hit the menu button on the board. On top of that I accidentally unplugged the power to the display board while the machine was on and now that bord and the bord that the ribbon cable goes to both have no power for some reason. Now nothing works on the machine but the gi. It doesn't come on no sound, flippers don't work. What did I do!? A fuse maybe? Help!!!!! Please

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Start testing with your multimeter

Yeah I was thinking a fuse. I'm going to take a look. Was it easy to download the rom for the color dmd? Mine seems to take hrs and still won't show the picture I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong as far as the USB?

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Repeated blinking on the PROG LED is an error code. If it's a new display, a single repeated blink it means a file with the exact name CHROMA.ROM could not be found on the drive. You can find more help with ROM installation issues on the first link of the troubleshooter SUPPORT page on our site.

Thank you so much

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Repeated blinking on the PROG LED is an error code. If it's a new display, a single repeated blink it means a file with the exact name CHROMA.ROM could not be found on the drive. You can find more help with ROM installation issues on the first link of the troubleshooter SUPPORT page on our site.

Still won't work. The PROG just blinks whenever I try to install the USB, no picture. Is the display faulty? I don't understand the issue

#20 2 years ago

I think I'm going to have to get a refund on mine. I've literally tried 50 times to install this file with three different new USB drives. The PROG LED just keeps blinking every single time. It's impossible I keep doing it wrong. I've done the download step by step, checked it over and over re-download it. This isn't worth the hassle and honestly for the price the dmd should be updated with the firmware you need out of the box imo

#23 2 years ago

Do you have the new Chroma display or the older ColorDMD display? Are you downloading a Chroma.ROM for it?

I believe I received the newer version. The installation says to download "" CHROMA.ROM ".

Mind showing what you have loaded on the USB drive?

It's "CHROMA.ROM". For the Stern playboy

#27 2 years ago

Do you have the new Chroma display or the older ColorDMD display? Are you downloading a Chroma.ROM for it?

Ok. Good if you just received the new display recently. There is no (1) or (2) within the file name on the USB stick?
Also turn on the game before inserting the USB stick and holding PROG button until you see it programming. You did it in this order?

Yeah I did everything in order. Color dmd told me windows sometimes hides part of the name so. Rom. Rom or something could be in the name but I've tried multiple times to ensure it's titled correctly

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Also make sure the drive is formatted fat32. I always have better luck with smaller drives(32gb or smaller). I also plug the usb drive in before turning the game on.(sorry maniac lol)

Yeah it's fat32

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Jasenwm:

Yeah I did everything in order. Color dmd told me windows sometimes hides part of the name so. Rom. Rom or something could be in the name but I've tried multiple times to ensure it's titled correctly

I really stumped because I am doing this to the letter. I'm sure it's something simple it just annoying I can't figure it out when it's supposed to be simple

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Did you do what I suggested about starting from the beginning and making sure your original dmd is functioning properly after blowing a fuse upon your initial attempt to install your colordmd? You never responded back to me after your PM asking for help. Just want to confirm everything is functioning as it should.

HI, yes I checked if the original was working. It was a fuse and now it works properly, I'm just stumped on the download file for the color. I'm going to go home and see if I can figure it out with the advice I'm getting

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

That can definitely happen.
Some times a fresh FAT32 re-format using Windows of a smaller capacity thumb drive with chroma.rom saved to it without altering the file name in any way downloaded and saved directly to the thumb drive from the website will get you going.

Yeah I will snap a shot when I get home and post it

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

That can definitely happen.
Some times a fresh FAT32 re-format using Windows of a smaller capacity thumb drive with chroma.rom saved to it without altering the file name in any way downloaded and saved directly to the thumb drive from the website will get you going.

Is it "CHROMA.ROM". Or Chroma.rom? I want make sure I'm spelling it in caps with quotes like the website says

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

No quotes on the filename.

Tried it every which way. Dmd just stays in Menu mode. Doesn't do anything different with the usb or not so idk. I think I'm just going to return it. I'm aggrieved and the pin is not playable because of this nonsense

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

If you ordered a display for the specific game, why should you have to download anything? I can understand if you wanted to remove it and move it to a different game, but if you bought the playboy display, it should come ready to go, in my opinion.
I have never purchased this product, so I don't have experience with it.

I agree, especially how much this cost! Oh it's easy, we'll maybe I'm a dumb ass but I can't figure it out for the life of me. It should be plug and play not download software and install it

#45 2 years ago

I emailed Colordmd and they have been trying to help me get it going. I was frustrated and just told them I'll send it back and give me a refund. To my surprise they offered to send me new control board that has the rom for my game installed on it already. I'm so thrilled! Hopefully when it comes I can plug in and it will work. I'll keep you posted

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Are you hitting the wrong button? Menu shouldn't come up. You shouldn't be in menu mode to upload the code You should be in normal DMD display mode where you are seeing the game's DMD graphics.

After it download it the screen was just black and wouldn't show anything unless I pressed the menu button. They're sending me a new board with the code pre-installed

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

Did it show a white distorted DMD image before you first updated it?
Do you have the Stern White Star DMD Driver Board installed on the back of the ColorDMD with the red stripe facing the board’s corners on both ribbon cables attached to it? This could cause only the menu to work and no DMD image if those cables are backwards.

No the screen was just black and the cables are correct

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Best bet is to post a video of the colordmd so we can see exactly what you're doing or not doing. There are very specific directions on their website for hardware and firmware. I've installed 8 of these and never had a issue .

Sorry man I didn't your pm. They're sending me a new board. Before I blew the fuse and after it was doing the same thing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 1,499.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jasenwm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-code-for-stern-playboy?tu=Jasenwm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.