Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by finnflash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

For probably the 9th time, I ordered a ColorDMD to put into a machine without SEPARATELY ordering the clear shield. Fkn GRRRR! For the life of me, I will never understand why they don't come in the package. Who sells these things? My tech comes tomorrow to install a colorDMD in my ACDC LTBR, and will have to rob a shield from another game. Anyone?

#2 5 years ago

The real question is why do you need a tech to pop it in ?

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ilushka85:

The real question is why do you need a tech to pop it in ?

You don't know Greg, do you.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You don't know Greg, do you.

Nope. Does his tech turn his games on for him too ?

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

For probably the 9th time, I ordered a ColorDMD to put into a machine without SEPARATELY ordering the clear shield. Fkn GRRRR! For the life of me, I will never understand why they don't come in the package. Who sells these things? My tech comes tomorrow to install a colorDMD in my ACDC LTBR, and will have to rob a shield from another game. Anyone?

Tell him to order for you next time.

#6 5 years ago

Just looked at the site again. There are no clear shields for Stern SAM games without the angled speaker panel.

#7 5 years ago

Pinbits maybe, think I got one there..

#9 5 years ago

You can install without and it looks/works fine.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

You can install without and it looks/works fine.

One can but there is risk for the display being exposed.

#11 5 years ago

True, I always think everyone is using these in their home

#12 5 years ago

Is the clear shield for the LCD version only? I just installed the LED ColorDMD on my TRON and I don't see how the clear shield would work with it without some spacers and a foam gasket around the edge.....

#13 5 years ago

Is the shield for stern games only?

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

Take the red shield piece to a glass shop and they can easily cut a matching acrylic clear piece for you. They usually have spare scrap pieces in the shop for cutting smaller things like this and it's cheap. Sometimes they even have special scratch resistant acrylic, but that may or may not be more money.

Rob

#15 5 years ago

Greg, if it's a wood speaker panel game with original factory display, it's got a clear shield with red perspex sheet between the factory display and the speaker panel. You don't need to order a different shield. The tech will just remove the red sheet and you're good to go.

If someone replaced it with an aftermarket red shield, Pinbits sells the clear replacements for wood speaker panels.

#16 5 years ago

Installing Dmds is pretty easy if you havent tried it. I'm not that great at fixing stuff but a 5 min YouTube video showed me everything I need to know.

#17 5 years ago

I have a large sheet cut for me at Home depot for $7 or $8. All i do is drill the holes before i install.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-clear-shield?hl=mikedenton49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.