(Topic ID: 176423)

ColorDMD Christmas sale?

By QuarterGrabber

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtowndobe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Brickshot:

Ridic. After their success the past few years, you think they could not afford to order 1000 of these from an Asian supplier for dirt cheap?

I own zero, not one. If they even cost just $300 I would probably have at least a half dozen by now. You're right, they are selling, but I'm arguing they could be selling significantly more and they could be ordering these from a supplier giving much better discounts (simultaneously maintaining or even increasing their margin while also increasing their sales numbers significantly.)
    How many people are on here who have balked at buying even one due to the steep price tag?

Actually, there are several volunteers out there making the color animations for these. There are people who are passionate about this hobby willing to work for free (or next to nothing). A great thing!

Have you contacted ColorDMD and offered to buy at least 6 at $3XX? Maybe if you were to buy 10, they would give you a some money off per unit... How about 15? Don't know how many games you have... Worst they can say is no.

If you don't like their pricing structure and they're not willing to work with you on price, how about creating a competing product at a lower price point?! You've got the benchmark you need! Sitting at your keyboard arguing in a forum gets you nowhere!

Full disclosure - I have one game with a ColorDMD in it. Makes a tremendous difference to me. Luckily, I don't have any other games so I currently don't have to buy any new ColorDMD's. Can guarantee I would buy more if I had more games!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtowndobe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-christmas-sale?tu=dtowndobe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.