(Topic ID: 179584)

ColorDMD Calling All Autobots - VIDEO PREVIEW!

By Dmod

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by desertT1
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TF (resized).png
tantrum (resized).jpg
TF_Transformer (resized).PNG
TF_Title (resized).PNG
TF_Devastator (resized).PNG
TF_Ratchet (resized).PNG
TF_Crane (resized).PNG
#1 7 years ago

COLORDMD CALLING ALL AUTOBOTS...

ColorDMD is excited to kick off 2017 with our announcement that Transformers is the 52nd title to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform! With action packed animations and full-motion video clips, Transformers contains more colored frames than any previous ROM.

TF_Title (resized).PNGTF_Title (resized).PNG

Transformers development was led by Frank Gigliotti. This is Frank's third official title release, previously coloring Avatar and Tommy. Frank also recently colorized Riot Pinball's Wrath of Olympus, the custom game he developed with Scott Gullicks.

Dave Timmer assisted Frank with this completion of this massive title. Dave's former credits include Terminator 3, Apollo 13, Demolition Man, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Monopoly, and Road Show.

TF_Ratchet (resized).PNGTF_Ratchet (resized).PNG

Scott Gullicks, who is an avid fan of Transformers and credits the franchise for his motivation to become a mechanical engineer, assisted with beta testing and provided many constructive suggestions during development.

TF_Crane (resized).PNGTF_Crane (resized).PNG

ColorDMD displays for Transformers pinball machines leverage the company's easy-to-install LED and LCD platforms. Multicolor operation is enabled through free download and installation of a game-specific ROM using a USB drive. Displays may be reconfigured for use with any supported title.

TF_Transformer (resized).PNGTF_Transformer (resized).PNG

LCD displays are in stock now for immediate shipping, The color ROM for Transformers is targeted for release on Friday, February 3. For additional information, including upcoming game previews, please visit us at www.colordmd.com.

TF_Devastator (resized).PNGTF_Devastator (resized).PNG

Edit: Video Added

#2 7 years ago

Awesome news! One of the games I've been hoping to see, will be ordering one as soon as LED is back in stock

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Awesome news! One of the games I've been hoping to see, will be ordering one as soon as LED is back in stock

Same here!

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

With action packed animations and full-motion video clips, Transformers contains more colored frames than any previous ROM.

I'm guessing this one requires the higher memory capacity of the 1.3b board so older displays may not work (check board rev).

#5 7 years ago

I do genuinely enjoy that game and just may get one for route (heck maybe this year!).

#6 7 years ago

That's right! All new LCD displays are already 1.3b, if you are using an existing one check the rev number.

Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm guessing this one requires the higher memory capacity of the 1.3b board so older displays may not work (check board rev).

#7 7 years ago

Congrats on getting this one done Frank! So much video! Yikes!

#8 7 years ago

Don't care. Where is my Star Trek?
Want to put a just kidding here... but I'm really not.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

No offense, but way to piss on someone's hard work. Want want want is all we want lately in this hobby. TF has some killer animations that get washed out with the stern dmds. Great title to have color!

#10 7 years ago

Damn it i have no further excuses... You now support my entire lineup... Gotta start saving up for 3 now i guess.

Great job and sinserely

THANK YOU!

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No offense, but way to piss on someone's hard work. Want want want is all we want lately in this hobby.

I'm only asking for what was promised back in 2014.
There seems to be absolutely no sense of urgency on the colordmd side to fulfill that promise.
I've talked to Dmod face to face about this; I know there are technical challenges but It's really disappointing that there seems to be no real desire to overcome those challenges.

I'm happy that TF has color dots... and congrats to the team that made this happen.

#12 7 years ago

Oh for crying out loud ! I'm trying to save some money up here !

Great work and it is one of the games I have really been looking forwards to seeing in colour.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

There seems to be absolutely no sense of urgency on the colordmd side to fulfill that promise.
I've talked to dmod face to face about this; I know there are technical challenges but It's really disappointing that there seems to be no real desire to overcome those challenges.
I'm happy that TF has color dots... and congrats to the team that made this happen.

Zitt, to what "promise" are you referring? Work has always been best effort. Improvements to the platform and tools accompany every new title release.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

tantrum (resized).jpgtantrum (resized).jpg

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Zitt, to what "promise" are you referring? Work has always been best effort. Improvements to the platform and tools accompany every new title release.

This promise:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-plans-for-2015#post-2148980
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-plans-for-2015?tq=star+trek&tu#post-2149070
is what I'm referring to.

#16 7 years ago

I'm still not seeing where anything was promised.

I've been particularly careful about not making promises regarding title availability and advising people *not* to purchase in advance of a title release.

I get that you're frustrated that ST hasn't been completed but please don't misconstrue what was stated in that post.

#17 7 years ago

There's no promise there, you sour curmudgeon. He listed what they'd be working on. And are working on. And continue to chip away at.

#18 7 years ago

Lets get this back on topic, lets see the video preview for this bad boy

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

I'm still not seeing where anything was promised.

I see why you have to say that... but let's go over the reality.
TZ done 2/16
AC/DC done 3/15
MET done 4/15
ST no eta
TRON done 2/16

Every release I'm hopeful... and every release I'm disappointed. Every release I support you with a like on FB, a thumbs up on your posts... and youtube videos. I support you; but I honestly feel like there is no urgency to actually find solutions for Star trek.

I'm sure you are taking this as a negative... as are most people in this thread. I just would like some real updates on the progress.
TBH; I do think you know it was a promise... because after that post; you don't comment any longer on future titles.

That said; I appreciate the work you have done for our hobby. It's clear you care and are actively work on colorization for all machines. I'd just like to hear that you will actually be finishing that list which you discussed in 2015.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I've talked to dmod face to face about this; I know there are technical challenges but It's really disappointing that there seems to be no real desire to overcome those challenges.

I am going to submit that Zitt suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He takes things that have nothing to do with him, and makes them about him. He ascribes motives to people's actions that he knows nothing about, and turns himself into a victim...when in fact, none of it has anything to do with him. He did this in the Keith Elwin/Archer thread, and he does it in every ColorDMD announcement.

Zitt, you know NOTHING about their "urgency" on ST. You know NOTHING about their "desire".

Color is done by VOLUNTEERS. When a game comes out before the game YOU want, one has NOTHING to do with the other. We're fortunate that we have such talented volunteers in this hobby who are doing amazing color jobs for our games. I helped test Family Guy's color dots for a really long time. Over 6 months, I think. It's a game that had LOTS of technical challenges, probably similar to Star Trek. Every time they thought a bug was squashed, another would pop up. Every time they thought they had every stacking possibility taking care of, we'd find a combination that would result in a glitch. If there's any reason ST isn't done yet...it's because IT'S FUCKING HARD and they're WORKING HARD on it!!! So, stop making it all about you & try be thankful that someone is probably working their ass off on ST in their free time so that when it DOES come out, it'll be thoroughly bug tested so you can pop it in and enjoy it.

#21 7 years ago

COLORDMD VIDEO PREVIEW!

The color ROM for Transformers is targeted for release on Friday, February 3!

#22 7 years ago

ROM RELEASED!

The color ROM to support Transformers pinball machines has been released and is now available for download from the SUPPORT page of our site!

Thanks to Frank Gigliotti and Dave Timmer for all the hard work to get this title across the finish line! Thanks also to Scott Gullicks for his helpful suggestions along the way.

Displays for Transformers pinball machines are available now for immediate shipping from our store site.

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

TF (resized).pngTF (resized).png

#23 7 years ago

Just installed the rom on my new display and it looks awesome! What a difference. Thanks!

#24 7 years ago

Congrats to Frank and Dave. I bet it feels great see another one done and to hear the praise.

#25 7 years ago

Great job. Had to swap over colordmd's between pins to get one with the correct revision but definitely worth it.

Well done.

All bar three of our pins now have colordmd's.

Looking forward to capcom and stle in the future. No hurry as the quality is top notch.

Cheers

#26 7 years ago

Fantastic dots Frank!! As usual, you are a machine cranking out these titles so fast!!

#27 7 years ago

Those colors are so much better than the factory display. Some had to grow on me (Iron Man and Tron) but this one is instantly one that I like.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-calling-all-autobots and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.