Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by jespo_19
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TAV_IronMan.png
TAV_BlackWidowBonus.png
TAV_Loki_Scan.png
TAV_CALoki.png
TAV_Hulk_Scan.png
image_(resized).jpeg
TAV_Hulk_Scan_(resized).PNG
TAV_CAHeli_(resized).PNG
TAV_CABonus_(resized).PNG

#1 3 years ago

Holiday Colors! Avengers Video Preview!

ColorDMD Displays is excited to announce support for Avengers pinball machines, just in time for the holidays! This is the 31st multicolor release for the ColorDMD display platform, and 17th new title release in 2015! The dots for Avengers are nothing short of incredible, and even more so with the addition of color and upscaling. Don't miss the link to the video preview!

Hulk

Avengers was colored by Jean-Francois Paré, an avid fan of "Marvels" and pinball. JF resides in Quebec, Canada with his wife of five years, and works as a business insurance broker. He began collecting pinball machines 5 years ago and plays nearly every day. JF always likes a challenge and decided that coloring Avengers was one he had to take on!

Avengers doesn't disappoint with great depth and range of detail in the animation in the game. It was certainly a labor of love, and JF credits Eric Priepke and Chris Enright for their support in helping him to complete this project.

Cap and Loki

The ColorDMD for Avengers pinball machines leverages the company's easy-to-install ColorDMD SIGMA platform and supports six different rendering styles. Multicolor operation is enabled through free download and installation of a game-specific ROM using a USB drive. The display may be reconfigured for use with any supported title.

Loki

Displays are in stock now for immediate shipping, The color ROM for Avengers is targeted for release on Thursday, December 24.

Thank you for your continued support! For additional information, including upcoming game previews, please visit us at www.colordmd.com!

#2 3 years ago

Awesome!

#3 3 years ago

Happy Avengering to the owners

#4 3 years ago

Hell yea!

#5 3 years ago

WOW that looks GREAT, thanks Jean-Francois, VERY well done.

#6 3 years ago

Stunning, just stunning! Great job JF.

#7 3 years ago

Looks great. Best dots on an ok game. Almost makes me want to own it for a third time.

#8 3 years ago

Looks great! Ordered! This is going to look good with X-men and Avengers side by side in COLOR

#9 3 years ago

I hate on TAV a lot but THIS IS FIRE. Buy it.

#10 3 years ago

Just ordered.

#11 3 years ago

Great work JF, it looks amazing!

#12 3 years ago

Thanks.I had a lot of fun doing this title.
I hope you'll enjoy the game... now in colors !

#13 3 years ago

Killer! If I still had it, I'd add ColorDMD for sure!

#14 3 years ago

Ordered. Looks fricking awesome.

#15 3 years ago

Looks great. Nice to see scan line mode getting some love in the pics. That's my favorite on newer "hand-drawn" (hand-dotted?) DMDs like Metallica.

#16 3 years ago

Game is awful, but the dots are great. ColorDMD will definitely add to the experience.

#17 3 years ago

I just ordered one. Can't wait to see it in my game.

#18 3 years ago

Looks awesome. I miss my Avengers.

#19 3 years ago

If only we could get spiderman, that would be awesome.

#20 3 years ago

my suggestion would be to play this game with Hires mode. I find the art of the game looks like cartoon art. dotXL or scan mode still good too. But, my best mode is Hires for this game.
And, i didnt touch to the contrast and brightness.

#21 3 years ago

Some more stills from the game.

TAV_BlackWidowBonus.png

TAV_IronMan.png

#22 3 years ago

That looks great. I offered to help coloring but it looks like you guys don't need it. 17 titles in 2015! Amazing.

#23 3 years ago

Randy, you'll maybe make me change my mind about the scan mode. Like i said, my favorite mode is Hires. But, i played couple times today and the scan mode looks very nice.
I did all of my tests with Hires and dotXL.... But, this scan mode is really good too.

#24 3 years ago

Last look before release. JF did a great job with this title.

TAV_CABonus_(resized).PNG

TAV_CAHeli_(resized).PNG

#25 3 years ago

Didn't realize how good the dots actually were - there's some decent image and animation work in there.

#26 3 years ago

SCAN looks to be great from the pictures.
I recently switched my MM from SCAN to DOTSXL and I honestly have to say the Dots look horrible to me after having SCAN.

#27 3 years ago

Like i said, its almost the same thing for me.
I tested the game with Hires ( it looks very nice too ) but Scan mode looks better , i think.
I have an AC/DC with colordmd display and i have the scan mode on this one.
For Avengers , i think all of this more will fit perfectly. At the end is always the person who chose what he wants on his screen.

#28 3 years ago

DOTS XL FOREVER!!!!

#29 3 years ago

Awesome! At least someone in this hobby knows how to give avengers an update

#30 3 years ago

Looks awesome. Congrats Avengers owners!

#31 3 years ago

RELEASE!!!

The color ROM to support Avengers pinball machines has been posted and is now available for download from our site!

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

TAV_Hulk_Scan_(resized).PNG

#32 3 years ago

Long ago, I decided to focus all of my splurge mods and affection on my Tron, leaving my Avengers pretty much stock and forlorn.

After seeing this in person, however, I gladly plunked down money for the Color DMD. Really adds to the game. Money well spent!

Jason

#33 3 years ago

Oh my God..........very cool

#34 3 years ago

Got mine, looks great.

image_(resized).jpeg

#35 3 years ago

Dammit man Randy will be in all my pins now lol

Need to order 1 or 2 more to make sure I keep ahead.

Was expecting Tron before Avengers so I'll have to do a switcherou until I get another one

#36 3 years ago

Looks cool...now do one for Spider-Man and take my money

#37 3 years ago

I've made a decision that I am only going to buy games that ColorDMD has finished.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I've made a decision that I am only going to buy games that ColorDMD has finished.

Mouahahaha you fool, think you can save money. At the rate they are colorizing games soon all dmd pins will be colorized lol

Just kidding bro

1 month later
#39 3 years ago

Any news on when we can expect to see the new updated ColorDMD ROM for the latest Avengers code update?

#40 3 years ago

I know it is being works on. Be patient though.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Then you are in luck. Two of the games (WPT and Xmen) have been colorized.
Time to dump out a lot of money and get some more games.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Then you are in luck. Two of the games (WPT and Xmen) have been colorized.
Time to dump out a lot of money and get some more games.

Yea I should be getting a Getaway II in the coming weeks.

1 week later
#43 3 years ago

The update was released a couple days ago.

3.1: (02/22/16) Fixed coloring for hero introductions (broken by v1.70 game code release). Added coloring for new Black Widow animations.

#44 3 years ago

That one-line makes it sound like it was no big deal to update. It was a big deal.

Battle for Earth is only partially finished, but rather than hold up the fix for just that part, Randy put out an interim update.

7 months later
#45 2 years ago

Randy & Chris-

Any word on finalizing the coloring for Battle for Earth (& any other outstanding graphics)?

I'm happy to beta test, and, as before, you're more than welcome to come record your promotion video on my machine... =D

Thanks,
-Jason

#46 2 years ago

Sorry, but nothing to report on Battle for Earth at this time. It's a big job with some technical challenges to overcome.

ColorDMD support is limited to the 1.4 game code until we can find time to take another look at it.

#47 2 years ago

#wheresthecode?

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Sorry, but nothing to report on Battle for Earth at this time. It's a big job with some technical challenges to overcome.
ColorDMD support is limited to the 1.4 game code until we can find time to take another look at it.

Darn. :[

But, on the bright side, I'm not good enough to have ever made it to Battle for Earth, so I'll probably never notice! :]

Thanks,
-Jason

2 years later
#49 4 months ago

Any updates on battle for earth, haven't made it there myself but hoping one day to see it in glorious color. This game looks great as is, just wondering.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside