(Topic ID: 49192)

ColorDMD BACK IN STOCK! And we have ANOTHER NEW VIDEO for you....

By Dmod

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by drshaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SIGMA_Comparison.jpg

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Available Thursday, May 2 8:30AM through our website or our distributors! But today we have this new trailer demonstrating a little bit of what the new SIGMA can do.

Just a reminder that all ColorDMDs can be reflashed using the SIGMA ROM or any of the available supported multicolor ROM files.

Enjoy!

#2 10 years ago

So say I bought one for my WH2O....I can change the ROM for my AFM?

If so..that's AWESOME!

#3 10 years ago

Looks really nice...

#4 10 years ago

Nothing on wh20? Is that still being released tomorrow?

#5 10 years ago

Looks awesome! Very tempted to get one for IJ (after seeing the IJ animations in the new vid).

#6 10 years ago

Soooo I'm confused....this new SIGMA CDMD....can work with any DMD machine?? In one of the multiple colors it supports?? And if you guys come out with a newly supported multi colored DMD game coded...we can FLASH this new SIGMA display over to support that machine?!

I just don't see much in depth info on this product and how it all works. Yeah the video is cool....but what all can we really do with this product.

I own a BSD....so I could use a CDMD and use the color red?? And it would probably look even more blood red in color with the red DMD filter/panel?

Questions....questions.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Soooo I'm confused

Took the words right out of my mouth. I have been searching past threads about this. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like the sigma turns a dmd into a high def dmd. If I buy one for TZ now, can I upgrade it to full color animation later if it is released?

#8 10 years ago

Here is how I understand it from now on? I do agree its been a bit confusing.

From now on:

There will be 1 ColorDMD model. The Sigma CDMD.
    This model will come to your house with default Sigma software (use on any game with single color monochrome and smoothing)
    If you want a fully colorized game, like White Water or ect, you can download the software for that from the website and flash it on to your sigma display.

Let me know if thats right.

#9 10 years ago

Please check out the FAQ at http://www.colordmd.com/faq.html

Hopefully it will clear up any confusion. In the past, we shipped game-specific displays that were locked to that game. Based on customer feedback, and to simplify stocking and ordering, going forward there will be one model shipped with SIGMA firmware. Our site provides a product listing for each game but all displays ship in the same configuration.

SIGMA supports customer selection of 49 colors and three different display modes (classic dots, high-def upscaling, and scan lines). All the latest firmware for both SIGMA and the multicolor ROMs are now unlocked so that you can switch firmware using a USB flash drive.

The ColorDMD will support most WPC/WPC95 games but there are a few where mounting may not be possible... CV, BR, Party Zone and others like BSD where removal of lamps or other hardware from the speaker panel might be necessary in order to mount the LCD.

#10 10 years ago

In that new video you just posted, it wasn't classic dots, but was it HD Upscaling or Scan Lines?

#11 10 years ago

Looks like you guys literally just updated your FAQ page. If I am reading it right, I "can" upgrade a SIGMA to a full color version later on, just have to wait for the firmware to be released. Please correct me if I read that wrong.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

Please check out the FAQ at http://www.colordmd.com/faq.html
    Hopefully it will clear up any confusion. In the past, we shipped game-specific displays that were locked to that game. Based on customer feedback, and to simplify stocking and ordering, going forward there will be one model shipped with SIGMA firmware. Our site provides a product listing for each game but all displays ship in the same configuration.
    SIGMA supports customer selection of 49 colors and three different display modes (classic dots, high-def upscaling, and scan lines). All the latest firmware for both SIGMA and the multicolor ROMs are now unlocked so that you can switch firmware using a USB flash drive.
    The ColorDMD will support most WPC/WPC95 games but there are a few where mounting may not be possible... CV, BR, Party Zone and others like BSD where removal of lamps or other hardware from the speaker panel might be necessary in order to mount the LCD.

Ok...I feel much more informed on this product...thanks.

When you say that BSD would need "removal of lamps or other hardware" to mount these....you are just saying that these machines have some type of light show on the front panel (which not all machines have) and that installing the CDMD would require a little more work to get it mounted...but it will mount without any modification.....correct?!

And this product doesn't work with sega, data east, capcom, or stern machines as well?!

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from balselly:

Looks like you guys literally just updated your FAQ page. If I am reading it right, I "can" upgrade a SIGMA to a full color version later on, just have to wait for the firmware to be released. Please correct me if I read that wrong.

We don't represent that hardware sold today will support any future product or feature. You should only purchase a ColorDMD if the current features and available support fits your needs.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

We don't represent that hardware sold today will support any future product or feature. You should only purchase a ColorDMD if the current features and available support fits your needs.

Direct and honest answer, thanks!

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Ok...I feel much more informed on this product...thanks.
    When you say that BSD would need "removal of lamps or other hardware" to mount these....you are just saying that these machines have some type of light show on the front panel (which not all machines have) and that installing the CDMD would require a little more work to get it mounted...but it will mount without any modification.....correct?!
    And this product doesn't work with sega, data east, capcom, or stern machines as well?!

Games with lamp boards or other hardware mounted directly above or below the standard DMD will not accommodate mounting of the LCD. This hardware may need to be permanently removed with loss of any function of that hardware.

There aren't many games that fall into this category but BSD and Dr. Who come to mind. TAF also had this issue but we revised our board to support the controlled THING lamps and illuminated the panel behind these inserts. The current board will not support controlled lamps for other games.

The ColorDMD mounting bracket, power cable, and video interface currently supports only WPC and WPC95 games.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

Games with lamp boards or other hardware mounted directly above or below the standard DMD will not accommodate mounting of the LCD. This hardware may need to be permanently removed with loss of any function of that hardware.
    There aren't many games with this issue but BSD and Dr. Who come to mind. TAF also had this issue but we revised our board to support the controlled THING lamps by illuminating the panel behind these inserts. The current board will not support controlled lamps for other games.

Ok......im glad I asked! Seems to be there are some limitations....but it's a new product and i am sure you guys will grow and develop to fit any machine in the future. Thanks.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from drshaw:

In that new video you just posted, it wasn't classic dots, but was it HD Upscaling or Scan Lines?

I'm wondering the same thing...

#18 10 years ago

Everything in the video has the hd upscaling and scan line effect enabled.

#19 10 years ago

I read Scared Stiff is next, can you confirm? If yes, rough production date?

If no, what is next? Thanks!!

#20 10 years ago

any plans to do this for data east? Sega?

#21 10 years ago

I have the WH2O multicolor ROM in my WH2O and will be at the Allentown show Friday and Saturday, if anybody wants to check it out in person!

#22 10 years ago

Anyone with a mono version on display at Allentown?

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from gabegabegabe:

I have the WH2O multicolor ROM in my WH2O and will be at the Allentown show Friday and Saturday, if anybody wants to check it out in person!

Awesome, thank you for bringing it. I will be checking that out for sure. I want one for mine!

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

In the past, we shipped game-specific displays that were locked to that game. Based on customer feedback, and to simplify stocking and ordering, going forward there will be one model shipped with SIGMA firmware. Our site provides a product listing for each game but all displays ship in the same configuration.

I really liked the product before but now this is just so great.
    Your product value has increased. Thanks so much for providing this flexibility.

#25 10 years ago

I would love to see a Color DMD for Shadow!!!

#26 10 years ago

Are these available today from the colordmd site or from the distributors? Neither has them as of yet, but it's early.

#27 10 years ago

When they SPECIFY 8:30 am, well, should be correct.
    Ricky wanty displayie!

#29 10 years ago

What games are WPC and WPC95. Sorry for the noob question....but I'm a noob to modding. Are recent sterns this format?

#30 10 years ago

Wpc is Williams Bally 1991-1994. 1995 and up are wpc95.
    No, stern is totally seperated.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

8:30 AM Pacific time...methinks.

Didn't even think of that. Are they on the west coast?

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Wpc is Williams Bally 1991-1994. 1995 and up are wpc95.
    No, stern is totally seperated.
    Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

Thanks, I thought it was limited, I couldn't find what Stern calls there's and that was throwing me off.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Didn't even think of that. Are they on the west coast?

Not sure, but that was the time set in the press release. I plan to order one today too...

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tseamans:

What games are WPC and WPC95. Sorry for the noob question....but I'm a noob to modding. Are recent sterns this format?

Any Bally Williams based game with a Dmd. Go to ipdb and you can search for the list specifically. This is a close list:
    http://ipdb.org/search.pl?mfgid=413&yr=1991-1999&searchtype=advanced

#35 10 years ago

Whens a Monster bash color DMD coming out?

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Riffbear:

Whens a Monster Bash color DMD coming out?

Amen brother, that is the one I have been waiting for, it will be amazing! I sure hope it is soon

#37 10 years ago

Notice that the colordmd website provides a link to sign up for UPS mychoice so you can schedule the delivery without requiring signature confirmation.

#38 10 years ago

Just went live to order

#39 10 years ago

Just ordered mine.

#40 10 years ago

WOOT! GOT ONE!!

#41 10 years ago

Order Status: Awaiting Fulfillment
    Order Date: 2nd May 2013 @ 3:36 PM

#42 10 years ago

Ordered a WH2O color dmd. Can't wait to put this baby in!

#43 10 years ago

Got my WH20 1.45am Fri here. Just got to wait 3 weeks for it now.

#45 10 years ago

There is a coupon code option on the website, anyone got one? lol.

#46 10 years ago

When will sigma work on late stern machines from ij4 upwards

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from gprotein:

There is a coupon code option on the website, anyone got one? lol.

I looked for a while on the web to see if one was available...lol

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

When they SPECIFY 8:30 am, well, should be correct.Ricky wanty displayie!

Ahh yes, that was quite clear. I don't have time to read even 10% of what is in the threads that even interest me, so my bad.

Does anyone have any info on how long a LCD display will last over say a colour LED display?

#49 10 years ago

Hoping for NGG, CFTBL, FT, SS, MB. Keep them coming Randy...

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

Everything in the video has the hd upscaling and scan line effect enabled.

Can the HD upscaling and scan line effect be used with the Color roms as well as the Sigma rom?

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-available-tomorrow-and-we-have-a-new-video-for-you and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.