(Topic ID: 151162)

ColorDMD Announces Twilight Zone! -- RELEASED!!!

By Dmod

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Dmod
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

install_firmware_(resized).jpg
20160330_170511.jpg
IMG_1950_(resized).JPG
IMG_1949_(resized).JPG
IMG_1948_(resized).JPG
IMG_1947_(resized).JPG
IMG_1946_(resized).JPG
IMG_1938_(resized).JPG
IMG_1944_(resized).JPG
IMG_1941_(resized).JPG
IMG_1940_(resized).JPG
IMG_1933_(resized).JPG
TZ_Hitchhiker_(resized).PNG
IMG_0422_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
pasted_image_(resized).png
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

TZ_Title_(resized).PNGTZ_Title_(resized).PNG

Game 33 is Twilight Zone!!! Video Link Below!

ColorDMD Displays is excited to announce support for Twilight Zone pinball machines! This is the 33rd multicolor release for the ColorDMD display platform, and second new title release in 2016! Twilight Zone is beloved by pinball enthusiasts everywhere, and perrenial request for colorization.

Twilight Zone was colored by Chris Enright and Josh Jertberg, the same team responsible for ColorDMD's efforts on Indiana Jones and Metallica, games recognized for their extensive artwork and attention to detail. Josh is a computer animator and graphic artist who makes great use of color and shading to bring out the best in the game's sequences. Josh doesn't disappoint on TZ, adding color while paying homage to the game's and characters' roots as a black and white TV series.

TZ_Eye_(resized).PNGTZ_Eye_(resized).PNG

Chris, a founder of ColorDMD and long-time TZ owner, has authored twelve of ColorDMD's previous releases and has provided coaching and support to developers for nearly every title in our library. While every game presents challenges, none more than Twilight Zone with it's extensive animation sequences and unusually large number of animated screen transitions (scrolls, wipes, crossfades, etc.) that make it a formidable game to color.

Colorizing TZ required all of Chris' ingenuity, countless hours, and every trick in the ColorDMD playbook (including a few new ones). We hope you enjoy the astounding result of his effort!

TZ_Hitchhiker_(resized).PNGTZ_Hitchhiker_(resized).PNG

The ColorDMD for Twilight Zone pinball machines leverages the company's easy-to-install ColorDMD SIGMA platform and supports six different rendering styles. Multicolor operation is enabled through free download and installation of a game-specific ROM using a USB drive. The display may be reconfigured for use with any supported title.

Displays from our January build are completing now and shipping as they are received from production, The color ROM for Twilight Zone is targeted for release on Friday, February 12.

Thank you for your continued support! For additional information, including upcoming game previews, please visit us at www.colordmd.com!

#2 8 years ago

Yes!!! Now to find that flashdrive...

#3 8 years ago

Woo! Congrats to Chris on taming the beast!

#4 8 years ago

Rod Serling's rolling over in his grave. But congrats to those that wanted it!

#5 8 years ago

Not too shabby at all....good work.

#6 8 years ago

Im gonna get one.

#7 8 years ago

Wow! What great timing, I just ordered a pair of ColorDmd's for LOTR and ToM yesterday, now I'm going to have a tough decision to make!

#8 8 years ago

Freaking sweet been waiting a long time . Good news is many of us all ready have it in .

#9 8 years ago

But what are people going to complain about now when new releases are announced!!!!????

#10 8 years ago

Awesome!!

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

But what are people going to complain about now when new releases are announced!!!!????

TRON

(not complaining here - just making an educated guess)

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

TRON

Quoted from bigd1979:

Freaking sweet been waiting a long time . Good news is many of us all ready have it in .

Yep, just need the ROM.

#13 8 years ago

Glad Ipurchased an extra not long ago.

Now I just need to get my TZ alive/...

#14 8 years ago

Badass!!!!! Thank you Chris and Josh!!!!!!!!!!

#15 8 years ago

That eye frame looks amazing .. cant wait to see it in the 6 different configurations

#16 8 years ago

Big thanks to Chris & Josh. We appreciate all your efforts to get this one done.

#17 8 years ago

Looks amazing!! Congrats ColorDMD team!

#18 8 years ago

Thus the official ColorDMD thread is born. Happy for all TZ owners who have been waiting for this since day one.

#19 8 years ago

Just put in my order for one

#20 8 years ago

That looks sweet

#21 8 years ago

Will this announcement cause TZs that are for sale/will be for sale to go up in price in the near future? Haven't really paid attention to the price of other games as color Roms became available

#24 8 years ago

OMG now I need to get a TZ to put one in!!

#25 8 years ago

Man....best pin news in recent memory!!!....not a more deserving title, imho ......there goes your new inventory ( although I already have a Sigma in mine).....truly the dream title has arrived!!! THANK YOU

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

TRON

Yep, just need the ROM.

Ditto....but definitely no complaints here...TZ has been long in the making...

#27 8 years ago

AWESOME!

#28 8 years ago

I couldn't wait anymore, I ordered regular sigma this morning with extra cable for AC/DC in case TZ wasn't the hint. Of course it was announced right after I ordered. Now I have to save for AC/DC.

#29 8 years ago

ha! Just when I ordered one for my incoming Metallica.... now I have to save up again......

#30 8 years ago

Awesome! I'll definitely be putting a Color DMD in my TZ with this news. The animations in the video preview look great.

#31 8 years ago

Congrats to All involved and the tz owners. Im hoping When Spidy is done i will have the same shit my pants feeling as you tz owners. Great job! Here is to the best mod for our man Toys.

#32 8 years ago

THIS IS GREAT!! NOW WHEN IS XXXX TITLE COMING OUT?!?! GAWD!!! YOU WOULD SELL MILLIONS OF THEM!!!

#33 8 years ago

Just ordered mine.... Now please do Family Guy and my collection will all be ColorDMD'd

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

THIS IS GREAT!! NOW WHEN IS XXXX TITLE COMING OUT?!?! GAWD!!! YOU WOULD SELL MILLIONS OF THEM!!!

XXXX TITLE JUST CAME OUT BABY.

#35 8 years ago

Fantastic!

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Defender:

Just ordered mine.... Now please do Family Guy

Amen to Family Guy.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Defender:

Just ordered mine.... Now please do Family Guy and my collection will all be ColorDMD'd

TZ will complete my keeper line-up Invisiglass and ColorDMD conversion.

IMG_6309[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_6309[1]_(resized).JPG

#38 8 years ago

I've never pulled the trigger so fast for a pin mod/upgrade.
Paid in full already

#39 8 years ago

So how exactly does ColorDMD work? Does it read the signal going to the DMD and replace it with a colorized version? If so, how does it "know" what graphic should be displayed on the DMD at any given point in time, given variables like score and player which could change?

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_happy:

So how exactly does ColorDMD work? Does it read the signal going to the DMD and replace it with a colorized version? If so, how does it "know" what graphic should be displayed on the DMD at any given point in time, given variables like score and player which could change?

http://www.colordmd.com/faq.html

#41 8 years ago

This last post has been answered in other threads and by Randy and Chris at expo a year or two back. Essentially the CDMD reads the incoming signals and colors the frames based on tagging done by the colorist. Lots of planning goes into every title.

Kudos to Chris, Josh and Randy on this one as TZ certainly provides a number of challenges many other titles don't. That said, most every CDMD title is a bear at points. Can't wait for my next couple to release. )))

Gonna be another good year for ColorDMD and getting rid of old monochrome displays!

#42 8 years ago

Great timing. My DMD is on its way out!

#43 8 years ago

Phew, just sold mine last week. Dodged that bullet!

#44 8 years ago

Fits the game perfectly!!! Thank you for your hard work Chris, Josh and Randy!!

#45 8 years ago

It looks great in person. I predict very few people (I'd say no one, but who knows) will want to turn it back to all white.

#46 8 years ago

I can understand after shelling out $400 for black and white sigma how some would like something extra, but if they ever colorize the original TV show then I'm raising hell! Disney did it right on Tower of Terror. You don't walk in and see a color TV. Wouldn't be right.

#47 8 years ago

I say color dmd did it right.. It's looks great and you now have the option to suite your preference.

#48 8 years ago

I never understood the few "the DMD shouldn't be in color as the show is black and white" arguments. I think those arguments were only made as a color DMD option wasn't available at the time. The TZ playfield and cabinet are not black and white but rather vivid with a lot of color. Heck the backglass is also full of color and is one of the best in pinball, if it was just black and white it would look dull and boring in my opinion. A colored DMD will be a welcomed addition to one of the best pinball machines ever made.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I never understood the few "the DMD shouldn't be in color as the show is black and white" arguments. I think those arguments were only made as a color DMD option wasn't available at the time. The TZ playfield and cabinet are not black and white but rather vivid with a lot of color. Heck the backglass is also full of color and is one of the best in pinball, if it was just black and white it would look dull and boring in my opinion. A colored DMD will be a welcomed addition to one of the best pinball machines ever made.

Here,here!

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I never understood the few "the DMD shouldn't be in color as the show is black and white" arguments.

Those that watch the original show understand. Everything else in the room is color, but the black and white show gives it an eerie contrasting effect. But for those that don't see it that way color is a nice option.

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-twilight-zone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.