(Topic ID: 116096)

ColorDMD Announces TSPP as Game 17! Video Preview Added!

By Dmod

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 212 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2015-02-05 15.36.10.jpg
2015-02-05 15.37.18.jpg
install_firmware.png
image-913.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1285.JPG
image.jpg
image-356.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image-249.jpg
image.jpg
10.PNG
image.jpg
santos-l-halper.png
simpsons-credit-card-2.jpg
There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 9 years ago

I knew this was going to happen. I had to order another one. When does this stop???? Very excited to try it on my TSPP!

#52 9 years ago

While you're waiting on the TSPP color ROM, enjoy the Sigma ROM. Definitely are some amazing graphics.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No ColorDMD comes with the rom installed...you're going to have to do it with a flash drive anyway. They release the code right away now, cuz....they have to!

I bought TAF the day it came out and STTNG the day it came out. Both had the code in them and were plug and play. But that's "old school" color DMD now.

#54 9 years ago

Great!! Pinball mods are drainng my savings account!!

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Straight for the store webpage.
http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-lord-of-the-rings-pinball-machine/
Product Description
ColorDMD replacement display for use in a Lord of the Rings pinball machine. Includes display, mounting bracket, and power cable. Easy installation*. Replace your original orange DMD with this low voltage full-color LCD display.
NOTE: Displays ship preconfigured with ColorDMD SIGMA firmware. Multicolor operation in a Lord of the Rings pinball machine requires download and installation of new firmware using a USB flash drive. Instructions for firmware update are provided, and available on the SUPPORT page of our website.

Silly question but why would you buy the LOTR display and not this one and then update when the "code" drops??

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-sigma/

#56 9 years ago

Hooray, hooray!!!...shall heat up my card shortly.....thank you Randy!!!....mark

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Silly question but why would you buy the LOTR display and not this one and then update when the "code" drops??

The way I'm reading it... these are the same things.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

The LOTR kit will come with the power cable that you need.

If you buy a WPC kit, you will not have the correct power cable you need for TSPP.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

I bought TAF the day it came out and STTNG the day it came out. Both had the code in them and were plug and play. But that's "old school" color DMD now.

Yeah me too...but you have to flash the rom yourself now. It takes like 5 seconds, it's super easy.

#60 9 years ago

The LOTR kit will come with the power cable that you need.
If you buy a WPC kit, you will not have the correct power cable you need for TSPP.

OK...so what is the other option on the link? SAM/White Star, what does this stand for or is it the Stern power thingy

#61 9 years ago

Yeah, so the display will ship as Sigma display. You can choose 1 of 96 colors you want your display to be. Here is what you can expect the graphics to look like you put it in TSPP. Amazing stuff.

#63 9 years ago

Sorry for any confusion. The different product pages are for conveying game-specific info, but all displays are the same.

All WPC/WPC95 titles ship in the same configuration as SIGMA-WPC.
All Stern titles ship in the same configuration as SIGMA-SAM/WS.

The only difference between the two configurations are the set of included installation cables.

A TSPP preorder page will be up shortly.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

OK...so what is the other option on the link? SAM/White Star, what does this stand for or is it the Stern power thingy

It is just the difference in the power adapter that is supplied.

SAM/White Star use the same power adapter.

WPC/WPC95 has a different power adapter than SAM/White Star

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah me too...but you have to flash the rom yourself now. It takes like 5 seconds, it's super easy.

Yep....and actually, TAF has an update on the site over original...definitely want to do that...

#66 9 years ago

Ok, great news. So all I need to order is the Sigma DMD with the SAM/WS ticked and wait for the updated roms to load!!

Thanks guys!

#67 9 years ago

Randy, Can you also update the FAQ for what a person needs to do swap between Sam/Whitestar to WPC/WPC95 and vice versa?

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Ok, great news. So all I need to order is the Sigma DMD with the SAM/WS ticked and wait for the updated roms to load!!
Thanks guys!

Correct!

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Sorry for any confusion. The different product pages are for conveying game-specific info, but all displays are the same.
The only difference between the two configurations are the set of included installation cables.

I think us pinhead people are just going to order the sigma WS one and play with that while we wait.

#70 9 years ago

Thank you

#71 9 years ago

Rom upload is super simple, nothing to worry over. The plus side is after about 30 seconds you will be good to go.

#72 9 years ago

Super excited for this! Thanks for posting

#73 9 years ago

Bravo!!! TSPP lends itself to color so much! I just might have to bite the bullet! Thanks, ColorDMD!!!

#74 9 years ago

Let me be the first to say that, while I don't own this awesome pin -TSPP was screaming for color. Nice work, Dmod. I can't wait to play this pin on an entirely new level!

#75 9 years ago

I hope Family Guy gets done soon as well.

#76 9 years ago

I hope Family Guy gets done soon as well.

Yes....sits next to my TSPP, so will have to put a sigma in it, or chaos will unfold in animation alley!!!

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Wouldn't the LOTR order be the same cabling for TSPP since they are both WS?

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Wouldn't the LOTR order be the same cabling for TSPP since they are both WS?

Yes...

#80 9 years ago

This is awesome news, I just bought another CDMD at the Arcade Expo show on Saturday for my LOTR (I already have a Williams version), and it was delivered today, and then TSPP was announced! I guess I should have bought two.

#81 9 years ago

Well, I did it, pulled the trigger and bought my first colour dmd!! Excited is an understatement

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Well, I did it, pulled the trigger and bought my first colour dmd!! Excited is an understatement

Well done, J.

Very easy install and they are a great improvement over the stock standard display.

#83 9 years ago

I am going to have to get one of these. The only thing not bursting with color on that machine is the DMD.

#84 9 years ago

YAY, thanks so much colorDMD. I'm so excited. I see the pre-order on the website, but ended up purchasing the whitestar kit sigma display, since i don't want to wait for the shipping while the software is out I've heard great things about even the single color on the sigma display. Can't wait to get it, and can't wait till mid feb for the color release Thanks again colorDMD.

#85 9 years ago

Barely one hour and my package has already been shipped. Great service, thanks so much.

#86 9 years ago

I am in! I just purchased a sigma white star one.

#87 9 years ago

Received confirmation my DMD for TSPP was shipped already even though it was not supposed to be released untill the 13th of February! When is the last time a pinball manufacturer (albeit parts or machines) released something before the release date???

#88 9 years ago

It's just the firmware that will be released in February. They are shipping you a display that they have in stock, but it won't have the Simpsons code until it comes out in a few weeks.

#89 9 years ago

Yep, Family Guy would be great in color as well.

Now searching for a TSPP and will definitely order one of these.

Cheers!
Adam.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

It's just the firmware that will be released in February. They are shipping you a display that they have in stock, but it won't have The Simpsons code until it comes out in a few weeks.

Thanks Steve, I knew it was too good to be true. I mean who in the pinball business ships stuff early not to mention on time???

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Thanks Steve, I knew it was too good to be true. I mean who in the pinball business ships stuff early not to mention on time???

Just to be clear, ColorDMD never ships their displays with the files loaded. It's a five minute procedure once the display is installed.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Just to be clear, ColorDMD never ships their displays with the files loaded. It's a five minute procedure once the display is installed.

I just purchased one for TOM in December and it was loaded. All I did was install the DMD into the game and turn it on!

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I just purchased one for TOM in December and it was loaded. All I did was install the DMD into the game and turn it on!

It's not supposed to work like that. That's strange.

#94 9 years ago

New TSPP owner here and whitestar newb... I believe my game isnt up to the lates display and cpu version. Do i or should i upgrade that first before considering the color dmd. Or does the color dmd replace the function of the display rom entirely?

Sorry if that is ignorant, but i am unfamiliar with whitestar and how upgrading this stuff works. My other two games are sam boards and update with a usb stick.

Thanks

#95 9 years ago

I would like to know also as I have one of the early TSPP's.

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

New TSPP owner here and whitestar newb... I believe my game isnt up to the lates display and cpu version. Do i or should i upgrade that first before considering the color dmd. Or does the color dmd replace the function of the display rom entirely?
Sorry if that is ignorant, but i am unfamiliar with whitestar and how upgrading this stuff works. My other two games are sam boards and update with a usb stick.
Thanks

ColorDMD looks at the streamed live data to the display, it doesn't alter the game ROMs at all. So as long as the ColorDMD 'rom' knows what all your resulting frames should look like, it can apply the color properly. Worst case, if there's a different display rom version that actually ends up drawing frames differently somehow at any point in the game, they'd show up without color and could be reported to color dmd as a bug that they could then fix.

#97 9 years ago

If i were you two, i would upgrade even if the display supports the older roms. There's many things that have changed from rom to rom. Take a look at this website and you'll see the differences. It isn't expensive to upgrade the roms.

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Rec/rec.games.pinball/2010-03/msg07805.html

#99 9 years ago

Definitely do the upgrade. Coloring is based on the most recent roms.

#100 9 years ago

I upgraded from 2.02 to 5 recently, and while I can't even really tell any differences, the change log is huge. It's nice knowing that the bugs aren't there. For the $15 it costs if you don't know someone with a rom burner - it's a no brainer.

Now to justify $400 for colorized animations....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 18.95
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 218.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-tspp-as-game-17-official/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.