(Topic ID: 135568)

ColorDMD Announces Support for The Shadow! - Released!!!

By Dmod

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Taxman
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TS_TitleBorder.png
image.jpg
TS_WhoKnows.png
SurprisedFishies.jpg
TS_Multiball.png
TS_BonusMultiplier.png
TS_Wheels.png
TS_Khan.png
TS_TitleBorder.png
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

COLORDMD ANNOUNCES SUPPORT FOR THE SHADOW!

ColorDMD Displays is excited to announce support for The Shadow pinball machines! Shadow is the eleventh new title to be announced this year, and the twenty-fifth title to be supported by the ColorDMD pinball display platform.

Veteran developer Dave Timmer returns for his third title release, following up his highly-successful Road Show and Monopoly colorizations. Shadow contains some of Dave's best work to date, with enhanced animations that add to the fun and immerse the player in a bright world enveloped by the Shadow's dark undertones.

TS_TitleBorder.pngTS_TitleBorder.png

The Shadow ColorDMD shares the same easy-to-install hardware platform as previous ColorDMD releases. All displays ship with the factory installed SIGMA ROM that supports WPC, WPC95, SAM, and Whitestar platforms. Multicolor operation is enabled through download and installation of a game-specific color ROM file, available from our site. ROMs can be changed at any time, allowing use with any of our supported titles. All ROMs support six different rendering styles including high-resolution upscaling.

Displays are shipping now from our store site or through our distributors. The color ROM for The Shadow pinball machines is targeted for release by Friday, August 21!

Watch our site and Facebook page for upcoming previews from The Shadow, as well as upcoming announcements regarding new product updates and releases!

For more information, please visit us at www.colordmd.com.

Edit: Video Added

#2 8 years ago

Shadow is the #1 title I have been hoping for. Big thanks to Colordmd & Dave Timmer! Can't wait to see it in action.

#3 8 years ago

Congrats on the new release!

#4 8 years ago

Awesome job guys. Just got the email and came here looking for the post.

#5 8 years ago

Nice.... just put a color DMD in my LOTR last night, easy install and it looks amazing...

#6 8 years ago

Congrats Dave on another title!

#7 8 years ago

ColorDMD is amazeballs. Congrats on The Shadow!

#8 8 years ago

Fantastic!! Been waiting for this, and I'm sure it'll look incredible! Take...my...money...

#9 8 years ago

STOP! putting color DMD's in my games. I picked up a shadow 2 months ago. I haven't put one in my getaway yet.

#10 8 years ago

Crap, there goes $400.
Please post a hype video

#11 8 years ago

OMFG YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I literally just screamed in my office, everyone came over to see if I was okay haha

#12 8 years ago

Way to go Dave! Of course you didn't have to pass me on number of titles completed

#13 8 years ago

Booo! Hissss!

I've been looking for a Shadow without success and now even less people will be selling!

#14 8 years ago

Yay!!!!

#15 8 years ago

I had a chance to beta test this. Dave did a killer job. I did have a few suggestions, and he was super gracious about accepting feedback. Can't wait to install the final ROM when I get back in town.

If you have my translite it looks great with it. But either way if you have a Shadow this is a must buy.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I had a chance to beta test this. Dave did a killer job. I did have a few suggestions, and he was super gracious about accepting feedback. Can't wait to install the final ROM when I get back in town.
If you have my translite it looks great with it. But either way if you have a Shadow this is a must buy.

Luckily the Shadow at the Sanctum has your translight. Otherwise it looks like crap. So whoever has the original needs the ColorDMD to give them something good to look at when they look up

#17 8 years ago

Any video of it in action so I can see the animations and color?

#18 8 years ago

Sad that I don't have a Shadow to put this in, but also happy that I get to keep $400

#19 8 years ago

Hey thanks guys! I had a blast coloring The Shadow and appreciated Aurich's (The Shadow man!) input. It does indeed look good with Aurich's fantastic translite and speaker panel!

ps -Shimoda, you've been busy helping others with sprites!!

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Hey thanks guys! I had a blast coloring The Shadow and appreciated Aurich's (The Shadow man!) input. It does indeed look good with Aurich's fantastic translite and speaker panel!
ps -Shimoda, you've been busy helping others with sprites!!

Any video yet or will that be available when the ROM is released?

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Any video yet or will that be available when the ROM is released?

Was in the announcement.

Quoted from Dmod:

Displays are shipping now from our store site or through our distributors. The color ROM for The Shadow pinball machines is targeted for release by Friday, August 21!
Watch our site and Facebook page for upcoming previews from The Shadow, as well as upcoming announcements regarding new product updates and releases!

#22 8 years ago

Bump. Hoping for a teaser video soon

#23 8 years ago

Working on the video now for release next week. Here are a few previews before the weekend!

TS_Khan.pngTS_Khan.png
TS_Wheels.pngTS_Wheels.png
TS_BonusMultiplier.pngTS_BonusMultiplier.png
TS_Multiball.PNGTS_Multiball.PNG

#24 8 years ago

Nice dots. Man the color brings out detail you don't know is there.

#25 8 years ago

Goddamnit, guys. I'm going to have to start selling blood for these things. Looks awesome.

#26 8 years ago

Is nice.

#27 8 years ago

I'd like to look see video of the phurba mode.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'd like to look see video of the phurba mode.

That was one of the places I made suggestions, looking forward to seeing the final version in action myself.

#29 8 years ago

Mine shows up on Monday. This will be my third colorDMD and I'll put one on any future machine I get that will take one.

#30 8 years ago

Now I need to get The Shadow

#31 8 years ago

I ordered mine the minute I got the email announcement. I have been waiting for this title since the beginning and am actually surprised it took this long. Soo excited to see one of my favorite pins colorized

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Working on the video now for release next week. Here are a few previews before the weekend

Damnit...in order to save a few bucks I was half hoping that it would just look good, but not great.

Ordered.

#33 8 years ago

Shadow video has been released! Also added to original post.

#34 8 years ago

That looks very very good. Job well done!

#35 8 years ago

Very cool I always thought this would look good with a Color DMD

#36 8 years ago

damn that looks sweet! First mod for my Shadow! (well first one I will install

#37 8 years ago

Looks great!!

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

» YouTube video

Dude, production values better than original advertisement for the game. Sweet video.

#39 8 years ago

Chris did a fantastic job cleaning up and putting this video together from the rather crapping footage I gave him. I had to film this with a camera I generally use for snorkeling and taking pictures of surprised fishes. The colors are slightly off but you get the idea

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

» YouTube video

Shadow gives Popeye a run for his money.

#41 8 years ago

nerbflong, you did a fantastic job with the colorization. I sure hope Pinball Magic is on your short list to do soon.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Shadow gives Popeye a run for his money.

Don't push it

#43 8 years ago

Hey thanks Pinballmaniac, glad you like it! The Shadow was very enjoyable to color.

As for Pinball magic, that is a game I want to color, among a few others.

#44 8 years ago

Looking forward to viewing actual gameplay video now.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

I had to film this with a camera I generally use for snorkeling and taking pictures of surprised fishes.

I've found the videos just don't do seeing the ColorDMD in person justice.

#46 8 years ago

I'll still wait to see videos before buying, plus I can wait since I still have to send my wireforms for plating anyway.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

I've found the videos just don't do seeing the ColorDMD in person justice.

Exactly, cameras just can't capture it right. It looks so much better in person. And now for surprised fish!

SurprisedFishies.JPGSurprisedFishies.JPG

#48 8 years ago

NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!!!

The color ROM to support The Shadow pinball machines has been released and is now available for download from our site! Thanks again to Dave Timmer who did an absolutely amazing job with this title. We can't wait to see your gameplay videos!

ROM Download: http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

TS_WhoKnows.pngTS_WhoKnows.png

#49 8 years ago

Soon as I get back from NY I'm installing this.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Soon as I get back from NY I'm installing this.

I've been too lazy to order...I might just rip one out of another game to put in Shadow for now lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-support-for-the-shadow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.