(Topic ID: 125794)

ColorDMD Announces Support for Metallica! (Official)

By Dmod

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 173 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Dmod
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MET_Thone_(resized).PNG
install_firmware_(resized).png
MET_Sparky_HiRes.png
20150430_212836.jpg
20150430_212832.jpg
20150430_212827.jpg
image.jpg
MET_Thone.PNG
image.jpg
333527.gif
DSC00961.jpg
transogram-swing-wing-4c.jpg
Oh-My-God-Its-In.jpg

There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I assumed the same thing. I have a DMD sitting ready to go in, and had to put the extra parts on order from pinbits and Marco today. Oops. My bad for not paying attention. Can't wait to get it in. Love this product.

Did the same thing. Must be a Michigan thing.

3 weeks later
#152 8 years ago

Ok...I was out of the country for a few weeks, and I'm just now getting around to installing the display in my MET Pro with the new style speaker panel.

I need to make another assumption, but could someone confirm that I am right? My game only has one ground cable going to the speaker panel, and it's attached to the right speaker. There are no ground cables attached to the display or left speaker. Is this because the panel is metal, so grounding the right speaker grounds everything? The new display is grounded through the mounting screws?

1 month later
#153 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

My game only has one ground cable going to the speaker panel, and it's attached to the right speaker. There are no ground cables attached to the display or left speaker. Is this because the panel is metal, so grounding the right speaker grounds everything? The new display is grounded through the mounting screws?

Did you ever get this answered? Mine is still sitting in the box because the instructions say, big bold letters, that a grounding strap must be attached to the metal bracket.

I think I also forgot the standoffs. Mine is the Pro LED model. I'm assuming that one needs the standoffs?

#154 8 years ago

There should be a ground wire with a lug on each end included with the ColorDMD.

I do not know the specifics of the MET configuration, but yes you can attach one end to one of the 4 mounting bolts on the ColorDMD and the other end to a properly grounded speaker. So just remove the nut. slip it over the bolt and reinstall the nut.

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

There should be a ground wire with a lug on each end included with the ColorDMD.

There is not.

#156 8 years ago

Maybe that comes with a WPC kit since I just installed one last week and I thought it did. Just run a wire, but grounding is a good idea.

#157 8 years ago

The metal studs and hex standoffs should ground the bracket through the metal speaker panel's ground.

However to be sure you should test to make sure the bracket is grounded properly by using a DMM to measure the resistance between the bracket and the game's ground braid.

1 week later
#158 8 years ago

Hi All,

I am loving my ColorDMD on my MOP. It's my first ColorDMD and won't be my last but it doesn't come cheap, especially in Canada.

I apologize if it has been mentioned but can we get an ETA on the 1.64 support? As one of the other members has mentioned this cost me 6 bills as well and I would like to have the latest software running.

Thanks in advance!

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Hi All,
I am loving my ColorDMD on my MOP. It's my first ColorDMD and won't be my last but it doesn't come cheap, especially in Canada.
I apologize if it has been mentioned but can we get an ETA on the 1.64 support? As one of the other members has mentioned this cost me 6 bills as well and I would like to have the latest software running.
Thanks in advance!

You can run 1.64 on your game. There is only one high score screen that shows up all yellow with ColorDMD. Why deprive yourself of 1.64 because of one attract mode screen?

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

You can run 1.64 on your game. There is only one high score screen that shows up all yellow with ColorDMD. Why deprive yourself of 1.64 because of one attract mode screen?

Hi Sparky,

I was not aware that it was only as minor as an attract mode.

I have just installed the 1.64 and I will post if there is anything else that I find.

Thank you.

#161 8 years ago

I have a pro and am seeing a lot of yellow screens during the tombstone multi-ball. Anyone else having this issue?

#162 8 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I have a pro and am seeing a lot of yellow screens during the tombstone multi-ball. Anyone else having this issue?

Can you try setting the option for the grave markers back to the default (crosses) and see if it resolves the issue?

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Can you try setting the option for the grave markers back to the default (crosses) and see if it resolves the issue?

I'll try it tonight. Thanks for the response.

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

This did the trick. Thanks again!

1 week later
#165 8 years ago

METALLICA COLORDMD 3.1 UPDATE!

ColorDMD has released the Metallica ColorDMD 3.1 update. The update adds color to the new Combo Champion screen (added in the 1.64 game release) and new coloring for Competition Mode.

The MET 3.1 ROM update is now available for download from our SUPPORT site.
http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

Metallica.PNGMetallica.PNG

#166 8 years ago

Wow! this product just keeps on improving.

7 months later
#167 7 years ago

ROM UPDATES FOR TZ AND MET!

The color ROMs to support Twilight Zone and Metallical pinball machines have been updated and are now available for download from the SUPPORT page of our site.

TZ 3.1: (04/26/16) Fixed coloring for GS and HS scores over 2B, and added color for flipper bonus.

MET 3.3: (04/26/16) Fixed coloring for ramp combos score, lady just high score entry, and footer text in service menus.

install_firmware_(resized).pnginstall_firmware_(resized).png

#168 7 years ago

I want a color dmd for my metallica , any idea when they will be available again ?

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I want a color dmd for my metallica , any idea when they will be available again ?

Expecting some this week and more later this month. If you're on our mailing list, we'll send out a notice once they are back on the site.

2 months later
#170 7 years ago

Will the current one work with the 1.70 software or will we need a firmware update first...I want to update my game to 1.70 but do not want the display errors of the software not working right.

#171 7 years ago

It works with the new stern code update, so feel free to update it!

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Will the current one work with the 1.70 software or will we need a firmware update first...I want to update my game to 1.70 but do not want the display errors of the software not working right.

It would work fine. The only side effect is that any display changes that the ColorDMD rom doesn't know about will show up in monochrome of the default color for the rom. Still 100% playable, just quite as pretty as it will be once it's updated.

#173 7 years ago

METALLICA ROM 3.4 UPDATE!

An update to support the new game ROM V1.70 has been posted to our support page and is available for immediate download!

Thanks very much to Chris Enright for making the changes, and Greg and Doug for their help testing the update.

MET_Thone_(resized).PNGMET_Thone_(resized).PNG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
San Antonio, TX
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Battle Creek, MI
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-support-for-metallica-official/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.