(Topic ID: 125794)

ColorDMD Announces Support for Metallica! (Official)

By Dmod

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 173 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Dmod
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MET_Thone_(resized).PNG
install_firmware_(resized).png
MET_Sparky_HiRes.png
20150430_212836.jpg
20150430_212832.jpg
20150430_212827.jpg
image.jpg
MET_Thone.PNG
image.jpg
333527.gif
DSC00961.jpg
transogram-swing-wing-4c.jpg
Oh-My-God-Its-In.jpg

There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 8 years ago

ColorDMD Displays is excited to announce support for Metallica pinball machines! The development team that brought you Indiana Jones in color is back with Metallica with the most extensive and detailed animations to date!

Metallica development was led by ColorDMD's Chris Enright with artistic styling by Josh Jertberg and complex animation overlays from Mark Jarzewiak. Metallica took the combined team four months to complete and required new and expanded features be added to the rendering engine. The completed work is amazing and a tribute to a great game!

You don't need to take our word for it. Click below and watch the ColorDMD trailer video!

Metallica is the 21st game to be supported by the ColorDMD platform, and second to utilize the extended shading available from the SAM system.

The ColorDMD for Metallica pinball machines leverages the company's easy-to-install ColorDMD SIGMA platform and supports six different rendering styles. Multicolor operation is enabled through free download and installation of a game-specific ROM using a USB drive. The display may be reconfigured for use with any supported title.

Display hardware is available for immediate shipping. The color ROM for Metallica is targeted for release by May 1, 2015!

Thank you for your continued support! For additional information, including upcoming game previews, please visit us at www.colordmd.com!

#2 8 years ago

Just gonna point out minor End of the Line spoilers so if you haven't gotten there like me and want to save it all for a surprise, just know that the colorization looks awesome.

#3 8 years ago

Awesome, Randy!

#5 8 years ago

Great, just great.

#6 8 years ago

Looks great!

#7 8 years ago

Awesome!

#8 8 years ago

Awesome, Looks great.

#9 8 years ago

I used to think Stern games would never get the CDMD treatment, you guys are on fire now (21 titles & counting ) !! Thanks !

#10 8 years ago

Bring on Star Trek!

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Bring on Star Trek!

No!!! Bring on TZ.

#12 8 years ago

Metallica should be a big seller for ColorDMD.
Congratulations Randy on yet another colorful release.

#13 8 years ago

Yeah I was thinking TZ would be before Met so I bought AcDc and one for TZ last month, looks like I'll have to move the TZ over to Met and buy one for TZ later this year. Video looks Awesome like all the games ColorDMD does.

#14 8 years ago

This is the easiest decision to buy something I think I've ever made. First colorDMD for me. Brilliant.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This is the easiest decision to buy something I think I've ever made. First colorDMD for me. Brilliant.

Sweet! I see you have a Tron pro and LE in your collection. Really?
Get ready to buy one for both soon.

#16 8 years ago

Really.

image.jpgimage.jpg

..and yes..that will probably happen.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Really.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Really now. Can't decide which one to keep?

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Really.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Looks like Sparky likes TRON

#19 8 years ago

The color and shading look fantastic!!

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Same here. And I ordered another 3 to go with it!!!!

#21 8 years ago

Wow! Looks amazing! Might be the best one yet.

#22 8 years ago

MET and CDMD......it's like peanut butter n' jelly

#23 8 years ago

Sweet.

#24 8 years ago

I believe the latest run of Metallica Pro's have the new metal head design. Is the display mounting the same as original release head??

#25 8 years ago

Really looks great! Now to find the cash... when's the 20% off sale?

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from The_1up:

I believe the latest run of Metallica Pro's have the new metal head design. Is the display mounting the same as original release head??

For the new head design you need a clear plastic piece and some standoffs. They're in the accessories section on the colordmd site.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from The_1up:

No, for the metal panels you need a few standoffs. Otherwise it's the same I believe.

Edit: Dang, forgot about the clear plastic.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from The_1up:

No. With Pro LED kits, you need to get this.

http://shop.colordmd.com/pinbits-clear-shield-and-mounting-spacers-for-new-stern-cabinets/

#29 8 years ago

If I have an original met do I need a new shield ?

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

If I have an original met do I need a new shield ?

You should have a red film that you can remove. New clear shield not needed

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from dug:

You should have a red film that you can remove. New clear shield not needed

Ok can the red thing be put back if needed ?

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Ok can the red thing be put back if needed ?

Yup

#33 8 years ago

Thanks everyone for the guidance.

#34 8 years ago

Nice! Good thing my Sigma came last week

#35 8 years ago

AGHGGHHH IS THIS OUT YET?

WHAT ABOUT NOW?

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

WHAT ABOUT NOW?

Just ordered mine for Met Pro LED....hope to have it early next week...

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

WHAT ABOUT NOW?

I know!!!! I went straight to their webpage looking for the firmware when I saw this thread

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

WHAT ABOUT NOW?

Friday is going to be a looong day at work.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Friday is going to be a looong day at work.

Friday night will be a whole lot of Metallica!

#40 8 years ago

That looks awesome!

#41 8 years ago

This is the most important upgrade for Metallica ever. It looks absolutely stunning and really brings the game to life!!

The best game got even better. You will not be disappointed!

#42 8 years ago

Wow

#43 8 years ago

I hope we see this at Allentown!! Looks great!

#45 8 years ago

Randy, will you guys be at PAGG?

#46 8 years ago

MET COLORDMD RELEASED!!!

The color ROM for Metallica pinball machines is now available for download from our site!

http://shop.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

MET_Thone.PNGMET_Thone.PNG
#47 8 years ago

Got mine installed looks Friggin' AWESOME!! Love the purple tongue on the snake! The letters for FUEL!! are color matched to my game! During snake MB the snake is "watching" you!! Great work guys you did it again!!

Phoebe

#48 8 years ago

Just installed mine as well!! The attract mode sequences alone look so sharp. You guys really nailed this one.

#49 8 years ago

Super easy install of the software. Very well done.
Looking forward to getting some game play in now.

#50 8 years ago

Woke up this morning to hear the wonderful news that color DMD support for Metallica has been released I jumped out of bed downloaded it onto my USB drive and installed it.i got to play one game before I went to work. Man this is going to be one long day at work and it looks sweet !!!

image.jpgimage.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-support-for-metallica-official and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.