(Topic ID: 205102)

ColorDMD Announces Support for Game of Thrones! - UPDATE FOR 1.37!!!

By Dmod

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sigils (resized).PNG
GOT_Jaime (resized).PNG
20180109_202059 (resized).jpg
5D569318-B47A-4EDD-AAE3-9B90E8EEDD1A.gif
ColorDMD GoT (resized).JPG
89A041F3-7DFE-45AF-AAF1-8317BF37576E (resized).jpeg
B86A0653-EDE9-433D-9A6B-52866FFAB84B (resized).jpeg
BA2E90E2-540F-42E2-8755-495B6C611827 (resized).jpeg
E438D578-CBB0-4E1E-B8B7-0C87A2AE5A06 (resized).jpeg
4903CDC8-565B-43E7-AEA2-811FC4BABAB7 (resized).jpeg
97FA1FEB-C00B-4B41-8CC4-ED0DBBD7A0F9 (resized).jpeg
727BD91A-12FF-40F8-89D1-FA751F16B342 (resized).jpeg
8684A131-8FB7-4E31-A1C1-166FCB76E0B1 (resized).jpeg
649DF286-EE8C-4D50-9EB5-7011EE5C8B2E (resized).jpeg
7B5E526B-C243-4A52-B6F2-2EA8B490771A (resized).jpeg
2C2DFF7D-88E8-4931-BC2A-E53F2A11040D (resized).jpeg
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 6 years ago

December 21 is rapidly approaching which means only one thing... Winter is almost here! Unless you're located in the southern hemisphere, in which case you may need to wait six months to enjoy ColorDMD's 69th supported title and first for the SPIKE platform!

Full game announcement and preview is linked below. As stunning as the preview is, it literally doesn't even scratch the surface of what Dave Timmer has brought to this game!

http://mailchi.mp/fd51962bc450/news-from-colordmd

GOT_2x1 (resized).pngGOT_2x1 (resized).png

#2 6 years ago

When's the preview video up?

#3 6 years ago

Sweeeeeeeet!

#4 6 years ago

Great news, thanks for the hard work! Will a SPIKE cable kit be sold separately soon if we already have a display? I assume the SAM/WhiteStar power cables won't work.

#5 6 years ago

Does this mean I can also buy a Colordmd for my Ghostbusters and run it in sigma?

#6 6 years ago

Looks very impressive, nice work!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Does this mean I can also buy a Colordmd for my Ghostbusters and run it in sigma?

Yeah. You could.

#8 6 years ago

I know the email announcement mentions that this title was a huge pile of work -- but I don't know how many people actually read the text in those versus just looking at the pictures. So I'm restating it here : It was a HUGE pile of work.

This release is huge -- in all kinds of ways. Congratulations for getting this to the finish line are very well deserved for both Randy and Dave!

Dave didn't share much progress on the developer forum, so the end result is new to even those of us working on other games. And it looks glorious.

Can't wait to see the video guys! (Yeah, I really haven't seen it yet)

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Yup, I was waiting on a confirmed Spike release before jumping in. Just ordered the GOT kit which presume has all the proper Spike hookups, will run it green until whenever the code drops. Presume it will be a minute but happy to wait, can't wait to see the video preview for this!

#10 6 years ago

Way to go Dave and Randy. Amazing news!!!!

PS. The color ROM for Game of Thrones pinball machines is targeted for release when winter arrives on Thursday, December 21!

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Yup, I was waiting on a confirmed Spike release before jumping in. Just ordered the GOT kit which presume has all the proper Spike hookups, will run it green until whenever the code drops. Presume it will be a minute but happy to wait, can't wait to see the video preview for this!

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just ordered the GOT kit which presume has all the proper Spike hookups

Can Randy confirm this? I just want to make sure when I order, I get everything I need.

#12 6 years ago

It looks like the pics are on the LED version.... I wonder how it will look on the LCD version. The high rez option might look too grainy and distorted

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

It looks like the pics are on the LED version.... I wonder how it will look on the LCD version. The high rez option might look too grainy and distorted

Pictures in the announcement are LCD screenshots.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Can Randy confirm this? I just want to make sure when I order, I get everything I need.

Quote from another thread:

Quoted from Dmod:

New Game of Thrones displays include a short adapter cable that plugs into the power distribution board at the lower right corner of the backbox to obtain 12V. The other side of the adapter connects to the standard SAM/WS cable kit.
This adapter is all that's needed to power newer LED and LCD displays with Chroma controller boards.
Older displays with Rev 1.3B boards need both 5V and 12V. Pinball Life and Mezel Mods both sell DC/DC converters for SPIKE games that convert 48V from the game to 5V/12V needed to power the ColorDMD and other game mods.

You need to buy the mounting hardware/window - but the power hookup is included.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Quote from another thread:

You need to buy the mounting hardware/window - but the power hookup is included.

If you search for GOT it shows the additional kit you need to buy (clear window and spacers). At least it did for the LCD version. I'm really happy there's a native power hookup now!

#16 6 years ago

The 12V adapter cable supplied with new Game of Thrones displays will also work with Ghostbusters, as both games have a power distribution board in the backbox that can supply 12V. This is all that is needed for new display installation in these games.

KISS and WWE have a different power distribution board, and a different power solution is needed.

Pinball Life and Mezel Mods both offer solutions for obtaining 12V (and 5V needed by older ColorDMD displays) from SPIKE games.

#17 6 years ago

The game looks absolutely amazing!

I recently added a screen to my GoT and GB (running in Sigma for now).

#18 6 years ago

Score! Awesome release. Thanks all involved. Mine is ordered!

Quoted from Dmod:

The 12V adapter cable supplied with new Game of Thrones displays will also work with Ghostbusters, as both games have a power distribution board in the backbox that can supply 12V. This is all that is needed for new display installation in these games.
KISS and WWE have a different power distribution board, and a different power solution is needed.
Pinball Life and Mezel Mods both offer solutions for obtaining 12V (and 5V needed by older ColorDMD displays) from SPIKE games.

Do all GOTs have the 12v power supply? Mine was a dec 2015 build so wonder if it’s didferent. Guess I’ll have to check when I get home.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I know the email announcement mentions that this title was a huge pile of work -- but I don't know how many people actually read the text in those versus just looking at the pictures. So I'm restating it here : It was a HUGE pile of work.

I don't doubt it. I wondered if some of these games would turn into a "hybrid" color job. The digitized clips in grey scale and the rest in color or something. Didn't think someone could actually get through it all.

Congrats and thank-you to all those involved!

#20 6 years ago

Ordered. Just went for the GOT this time, till GB gets a color update since I've already got green dots on my GB.

But GOT will be my last red dmd getting replaced. After that all my pins will either have native LCD, colordmd or color dots (green on GB, blue on Mustang). No orange left either.

#21 6 years ago

I just ordered the GOT DMD. Looks like I paid an extra 25 dollars for the hardware needed for the metal speaker panel. Will I have everything I need to install / hook up the game?

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I just ordered the GOT DMD. Looks like I paid an extra 25 dollars for the hardware needed for the metal speaker panel. Will I have everything I need to install / hook up the game?

Yes, everything else needed for installation in GOT is included with the display.

#23 6 years ago

Woo-hoo! Can't wait to install on my game!

#24 6 years ago

Wow that's amazing. Great job as always

#25 6 years ago

YES!!!!!!! So cool. A GREAT GAME!!!!! Ordered!!!!!

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This release is huge -- in all kinds of ways. Congratulations for getting this to the finish line are very well deserved for both Randy and Dave!
Dave didn't share much progress on the developer forum, so the end result is new to even those of us working on other games. And it looks glorious.

I dunno about that huge. But it was a bit of work. Probably more tedious than anything, and a lot less complicated than the amazing technical work done by you on TWD!

Maybe Randy can take a breather from all the feature requests for this title. Hah.

#27 6 years ago

To Randy and Dave, all I have to say is......meme darth vader impressive - Bing images - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided_2017-12-14_16-41-10 (resized).pngmeme darth vader impressive - Bing images - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided_2017-12-14_16-41-10 (resized).png

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Score! Awesome release. Thanks all involved. Mine is ordered!

Do all GOTs have the 12v power supply? Mine was a dec 2015 build so wonder if it’s didferent. Guess I’ll have to check when I get home.

Yes they all do. It’s literally right in the back box on the little board with the big caps right in the middle. If you need an adapter cable pinball life has one for less than $5

#29 6 years ago

I ordered mine literally seconds after I saw the announcement, I really didn't even consider checking my budget! Great timing as I just picked up a bare GOT Pro just days ago, got shaker & art blades installed today, & then this in the next week.
& I definitely go LCD version with any dots that have tv show or movie clips.

#30 6 years ago

Very impressive work Dave. It looks awesome!

Quoted from nerbflong:

I dunno about that huge. But it was a bit of work. Probably more tedious than anything, and a lot less complicated than the amazing technical work done by you on TWD!
Maybe Randy can take a breather from all the feature requests for this title. Hah.

#31 6 years ago

Awesome, my order is shipped already

KIMG0648 (resized).jpgKIMG0648 (resized).jpg

#32 6 years ago

Ordered - can’t wait!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

The game looks absolutely amazing!
I recently added a screen to my GoT and GB (running in Sigma for now).

I did too!
My color dmds are installed and ready to roll!! Bring it!

#34 6 years ago

+1 LCD. Payment sent without even looking at preview. Good job Timmer!....69 DUDE.

#35 6 years ago

Es más barato versión led?

#36 6 years ago

Just ordered the lcd package. Can’t wait.

#37 6 years ago

so ready!!!!!

WIN_20171214_16_04_38_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20171214_16_04_38_Pro (resized).jpg

#38 6 years ago

A video preview won't be out until next week. However, I can share some additional frame grabs that didn't make it into the announcement.

GOT_WIC (resized).PNGGOT_WIC (resized).PNGGOT_Mountain (resized).PNGGOT_Mountain (resized).PNGGOT_Winterfell (resized).PNGGOT_Winterfell (resized).PNG

#40 6 years ago

+1 LCD purchased.

#41 6 years ago

GOT_Stag (resized).PNGGOT_Stag (resized).PNG

GOT_Theon (resized).PNGGOT_Theon (resized).PNG

GOT_Martell (resized).PNGGOT_Martell (resized).PNG

#42 6 years ago

This has been my #1 want for GoT....and this looks so beautiful I’m so excited

#43 6 years ago

So far 2 of my 3 favorite video scenes have been posted. One more to find

The gears are my favorite digital animation, though it took forever to color those. Bleh. lol. Well, okay, maybe the ball save animation is my favorite. Hmmm.

#44 6 years ago

So far those images are on the LCD display right? Is that regular dots also shown? Can we see photos using HiRes or Scan please.

#45 6 years ago

So my GOT color dmd already delivered! Not gonna install tonight but does it come with the rom installed already or do I have to wait til it's posted on the website?

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So my GOT color dmd already delivered! Not gonna install tonight but does it come with the rom installed already or do I have to wait til it's posted on the website?

The display ships with the SIGMA (single-color) ROM preinstalled at factory. Multicolor ROM will arrive with winter.

GOT_WIC (resized).PNGGOT_WIC (resized).PNG

#47 6 years ago

You guys all suck. Order placed.

I have zero willpower.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I have.

It looks great, video goes from red smears of useless blobbiness to something you can actually understand.

#49 6 years ago

So I got mine and tried to install. I have the LCD. When I installed like my other LCD’s, the video on the screen was at the top of the LCD so part was blocked by the speaker panel. When I tried to adjust the LCD down , the speaker panel will not slide into place. What am I missing..?

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

So I got mine and tried to install. I have the LCD. When I installed like my other LCD’s, the video on the screen was at the top of the LCD so part was blocked by the speaker panel. When I tried to adjust the LCD down , the speaker panel will not slide into place. What am I missing..?

Is there a Spike mounting option in the software menu?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-support-for-game-of-thrones and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.