5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dug
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

color 00.jpg
    DMD color.jpg
    SIGMA2_4.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 5 years ago

I'll be happy with a ColorDMD_LED display.

#22 5 years ago

Randy, Do you think you can support Capcom games in the near future?
    I would like to install one into Pinball Magic and I have a friend that really would like to have one in Breakshot.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

I know we can get the interface working. I'm working on finding some games locally to see if the LCD can be mounted.

Wishing I lived close by. I will be happy to a test fit for you once you have some hardware ready for it.
    2 machines here just waiting for them to get another color other than orange. (Pinball Magic and Breakshot)
    Breakshot is in a pinball museum near me in Texas!! I volunteer my time to help keep the SS games going.

#42 5 years ago

I'm torn between buying a Sigma ColorDMD for either Judge Dredd or TZ

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from mot:

You don't have to choose! You can swap it back and forth freely!

Yeah, but I'm lazy. Which ever one it goes it, likely it will stay in. Just not enough in the pinball budget to buy 2 at one time. I would like to put one in POTC, but I don't feel it has enough animations to make it worth it right now.

#46 5 years ago

I wouldn't think twice about putting one in Pinball Magic if one can get fitted. Time will tell.

#48 5 years ago

Supercharged DMD.

1 week later
    #52 5 years ago

Ready to put a Sigma display in Pinball Magic. I sure hope Randy can fit it in.

#54 5 years ago

I might be installing a ColorDMD in my Dr. who in a couple of weeks to have on Sigma mode.
    It will be tricky installing it since there is a lamp board directly under the DMD. Might even have to relocate the lamp board and use some flex LED's. I should be able to take advantage of the Sigma display as you now can move the video up and now through the software setup. I can't wait to try it out.

2 weeks later
    #60 5 years ago

Oh, Dr. Who just doesn't have enough animations in it for me to leave it in.
    Time to move it to Judge Dredd later this week.

#61 5 years ago

Randy, do you have any drawings to connect the ColorDMD to the speaker panel LED controller?

#63 5 years ago

Thank you, Randy. I passed that FAQ on to someone that wants to sync up a ColorDMD in his Stern Transformers pin with the lighting in the room. Apparently he has one of the same type RGB controllers.

#64 5 years ago

Randy, I see that color Sigma does not have any red choices. Will that be in a future update?

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

Do not know a lot about this. I want it bright. Will it integrate on my new STLE ?

Yes, but you will have to buy an extra mounting kit due to the changes Stern made to the speaker panel.

#69 5 years ago

I see different shades of orange...no real dark red.

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

when is the right time to buy 2 ?
    another upgrade coming soon?
    thx,
    bb

Now is the time. Color Sigma is an awesome upgrade and even change to a color of your choosing.

#73 5 years ago

color 00.jpg Randy, Color 00 looks close to a burnt orange. Definitely not red.

#75 5 years ago

That is definitely something to try another day.

I picked color 2C. Judge Dredd never looked so good.

#80 5 years ago

I got a short video of JD ColorDMD Sigma in yellow.
    Looks as good as the light blue I recorded earlier.
    Supergame seems to have different animations and goals than playing a regular game.

1 week later
    #82 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

Try turning the power off and reseating both ends of the blue LVDS cable. To reseat the connector pull up on the tape to release the pullbar and slide the connector horizontally out of the socket.

Tried. Removed and reseated both side of the blue LVDS cable, same result. I still have burnt orange, not red.

#83 5 years ago

Can anyone else try color 00 to see if they have red in Sigma mode and report back please?

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from Half_Life:

I have 2 of them; Bally/Williams and Stern. 00 in Sigma is definitely red on both displays that I have.

Thank you for your response. Then I will probably need to try and swap the blue LVDS cable between another ColorDMD that I have to see what happens.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 13.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 25.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 334.95
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 299.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 18.95
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    $ 48.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside