Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dug
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

color 00.jpg
    DMD color.jpg
    SIGMA2_4.jpg
    There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

Awesome video with SIGMA running in the Matrix. This video shows off the improved gamma mapping in SIGMA 2.4 for better contrast between bright and dark levels. The same display can be used in Predator and other P-ROC based games.
    » YouTube video

That Matrix pin (& display) looks unbelievable. I hope I get to play it someday.

#52 10 years ago

Ready to put a Sigma display in Pinball Magic. I sure hope Randy can fit it in.

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chuckie:

Just uploaded the new sigma 2.4 to my spiderman and the matrix colordmd and I have to say: you guys have done a fantastic job!
    I already liked my colordmd but with the new software it is unbelievable, especially for games like SM and TM with lots of digitized movies it is a must have mod for your game.

I would love to see a video.

#54 10 years ago

I might be installing a ColorDMD in my Dr. who in a couple of weeks to have on Sigma mode.
    It will be tricky installing it since there is a lamp board directly under the DMD. Might even have to relocate the lamp board and use some flex LED's. I should be able to take advantage of the Sigma display as you now can move the video up and now through the software setup. I can't wait to try it out.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I might be installing a ColorDMD in my Dr. who in a couple of weeks to have on Sigma mode.
    It will be tricky installing it since there is a lamp board directly under the DMD. Might even have to relocate the lamp board and use some flex LED's. I should be able to take advantage of the Sigma display as you now can move the video up and now through the software setup. I can't wait to try it out.

A work around: http://www.colordmd.com/Light%20Board%20Mod%20TAF%20and%20DW.pdf

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from ReallifePin:

+3 Would look amazing. If I knew how I could do some of the grunt work to help make it happen I would.

+4

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

I know we can get the interface working. I'm working on finding some games locally to see if the LCD can be mounted.

Pinball Magic with Color Dmd would be so awesome! PM has such great Animations and with scanlines this would be one of the greatest looking Pin for sure.
    i will buy this directly if available.

pls make this dream come true for Capcom Pins!!!

#58 10 years ago

ColorDMD in my Stern Star Trek LE... SO MUCH better than that silly red DMD.

#59 10 years ago

Thank you Randy for the amazing customer support! The problem on my STTNG color DMD has definitely been resolved.

2 weeks later
    #60 10 years ago

Oh, Dr. Who just doesn't have enough animations in it for me to leave it in.
    Time to move it to Judge Dredd later this week.

#61 10 years ago

Randy, do you have any drawings to connect the ColorDMD to the speaker panel LED controller?

#62 10 years ago

Randy, do you have any drawings to connect the ColorDMD to the speaker panel LED controller?

No drawings but there's a FAQ here: http://www.colordmd.com/colorchange.html.

#63 10 years ago

Thank you, Randy. I passed that FAQ on to someone that wants to sync up a ColorDMD in his Stern Transformers pin with the lighting in the room. Apparently he has one of the same type RGB controllers.

#64 10 years ago

Randy, I see that color Sigma does not have any red choices. Will that be in a future update?

#65 10 years ago

Do not know a lot about this. I want it bright. Will it integrate on my new STLE ?

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

Do not know a lot about this. I want it bright. Will it integrate on my new STLE ?

Yes, but you will have to buy an extra mounting kit due to the changes Stern made to the speaker panel.

#67 10 years ago

Randy, I see that color Sigma does not have any red choices. Will that be in a future update?

Doesnt't have any red? Current options are 97 different colors including red.

#68 10 years ago

Yes, but you will have to buy an extra mounting kit due to the changes Stern made to the speaker panel.

Pinbits has an adapter for mounting both old and new ColorDMDs to the STLE panel.

The brackets we are shipping now have extra holes that should line up with the posts on the STLE but some additional hardware will be required for spacing/securing the bracket on the panel.

#69 10 years ago

I see different shades of orange...no real dark red.

#70 10 years ago

I see different shades of orange...no real dark red.

Color 00 is pure red. Color 10 is yellow (red plus green). Color 08 is orange.

If your colors look off, make sure the blue LVDS cable is seated properly.

#71 10 years ago

when is the right time to buy 2 ?
    another upgrade coming soon?

thx,
    bb

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

when is the right time to buy 2 ?
    another upgrade coming soon?
    thx,
    bb

Now is the time. Color Sigma is an awesome upgrade and even change to a color of your choosing.

#73 10 years ago

color 00.jpgcolor 00.jpg Randy, Color 00 looks close to a burnt orange. Definitely not red.

#74 10 years ago

Randy, Color 00 looks close to a burnt orange. Definitely not red.

color 00.jpg 4 KB

Try turning the power off and reseating both ends of the blue LVDS cable. To reseat the connector pull up on the tape to release the pullbar and slide the connector horizontally out of the socket.

#75 10 years ago

That is definitely something to try another day.

I picked color 2C. Judge Dredd never looked so good.

#76 10 years ago

That is definitely something to try another day.
    I picked color 2C. Judge Dredd never looked so good.
    » YouTube video

That looks really good. I was going to wait to see if they were going to colorize it but that really makes the animations look amazing. Thanks for the video.

#77 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

Nothing new to report but we're still continuing to evaluate ways to bring the cost down. For a while we considered offering a kit without the LCD, but other than one or two people on Pinside there didn't seem to be a lot of interest.

I guess you could say 2 or 3 people on pinside. I def would be into this!!!

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from Iamdarras:

I guess you could say 2 or 3 people on pinside. I def would be into this!!!

Here's 2 already

#79 10 years ago

sheeesh...
    can't you guys do better than same day shipping ?
    2 on the way

#80 10 years ago

I got a short video of JD ColorDMD Sigma in yellow.
    Looks as good as the light blue I recorded earlier.
    Supergame seems to have different animations and goals than playing a regular game.

#81 10 years ago

I would love one for each my pins. Any bulk discounts? What about future price drops?

1 week later
    #82 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

Try turning the power off and reseating both ends of the blue LVDS cable. To reseat the connector pull up on the tape to release the pullbar and slide the connector horizontally out of the socket.

Tried. Removed and reseated both side of the blue LVDS cable, same result. I still have burnt orange, not red.

#83 10 years ago

Can anyone else try color 00 to see if they have red in Sigma mode and report back please?

#85 10 years ago

Will any vendor be selling color DMD at Allentown?

#86 10 years ago

Can anyone else try color 00 to see if they have red in Sigma mode and report back please?

I have 2 of them; Bally/Williams and Stern. 00 in Sigma is definitely red on both displays that I have.

#87 10 years ago
    Quoted from Half_Life:

I have 2 of them; Bally/Williams and Stern. 00 in Sigma is definitely red on both displays that I have.

Thank you for your response. Then I will probably need to try and swap the blue LVDS cable between another ColorDMD that I have to see what happens.

#88 10 years ago

Thank you for your response. Then I will probably need to try and swap the blue LVDS cable between another ColorDMD that I have to see what happens.

Hi Brian, if you load SIGMA 2.4 onto both displays, you can try swapping the circuit boards and the LVDS cables between the two displays. If you are able to identify which component is causing the problem (screen, circuit board, or cable) we can replace it without needing to send the unit back.

Please email me directly with any findings ([email protected]) and we'll get you fixed up.

#89 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

If you are able to identify which component is causing the problem (screen, circuit board, or cable) we can replace it without needing to send the unit back.
    Please email me directly with any findings ([email protected]) and we'll get you fixed up.

Now that's great customer service

I'll be purchasing one of these for my TSPP soon

#90 10 years ago
    Quoted from domijr:

Now that's great customer service
    I'll be purchasing one of these for my TSPP soon

Good choice.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-colordmd-in-sigma-24

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-release-of-sigma-24/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.