(Topic ID: 103506)

ColorDMD Announces Indiana Jones as Next Title (Official)

By Dmod

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Rick432
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC08823 (Small).JPG
The Frog.PNG
th-752.jpeg
spkpnl-IJ.jpg
Comparison.PNG
MB_Reference.png
STTNG_Reference.PNG
STTNG 1-768.jpg
MB2.jpg
MB1.jpg
STTNG4.jpg
B156HW02-V1.pdf (PDF preview)
LP156WF1-TLB1(Dell, AG) .pdf (PDF preview)
th-1-536.jpeg
i-r2pmqvw-L.jpg
i-PMwLJ8j-L.jpg
There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I have seen people trace and cut out the "wells/arch" or "outlines of the objects" on the speaker panel.

I wound up drilling holes, then cutting out the outlines of the three treasures with a coping saw, and then used a Dremel tool to smooth the outlines. Installed the ColorDMD and the Marco jackpot light PCB at the same time and the game looks great. (I did shield the PCB from the ColorDMD panel like you suggested.)

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I wound up drilling holes, then cutting out the outlines of the three treasures with a coping saw, and then used a Dremel tool to smooth the outlines. Installed the ColorDMD and the Marco jackpot light PCB at the same time and the game looks great. (I did shield the PCB from the ColorDMD panel like you suggested.)

I bought the part as well to do the jackpot lights but haven't installed it yet. How is the hook up done? Is there directions somewhere that I missed? Thanks.

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I bought the part as well to do the jackpot lights but haven't installed it yet. How is the hook up done? Are there directions somewhere that I missed?

If you bought the PCB jackpot light board from Marco, as I did, the instructions that came with it are nonexistent. There are two connectors wired to the board that need to get attached to lamp matrix locations on the main PCB in the backbox. One gets plugged into either J133 or J134 or J135 (whichever is currently unused). The other gets plugged into either J137 or J138 (again, whichever is not already in use).

#154 9 years ago

Got to see this in action last week...

Awesome! Great work by the team on this!

#155 9 years ago

I installed my first colored DMD on Indy and am stoked. I have been waiting for this game for quite some time. They did an awesome job. I even "chose poorly" to get the full effect!

#156 9 years ago

Found a bug in this tonight. Got Hand of Fate and then started Monkey Brains, and all the dots except where the hand image belongs were red during the Hand of Fate and remained that way during Monkey Brains until I hit a shot, then it corrected itself. The dots where the hand goes were a few different colors. Don't remember which HoF award I got, maybe that makes a difference. I may have collected an extra ball when I hit the scoop, too, don't remember for sure so it may take some time to figure out exactly what triggered it.

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Found a bug in this tonight. Got Hand of Fate and then started Monkey Brains, and all the dots except where the hand image belongs were red during the Hand of Fate and remained that way during Monkey Brains until I hit a shot, then it corrected itself. The dots where the hand goes were a few different colors. Don't remember which HoF award I got, maybe that makes a difference. I may have collected an extra ball when I hit the scoop, too, don't remember for sure so it may take some time to figure out exactly what triggered it.

Make sure to send info about any bugs to colorDMD, makes it easier to track and fix.

#158 9 years ago

Just installed the Marco jackpot light board, whoa that's a tight fit! I installed black rubber grommets similar to ball trough board grommets for spacing and that's it. That's the thinnest spacing I could come up with. Looks great!

#159 9 years ago

Nice touch - they highlighted the cow 'Easter egg' in the Shoot Again animation...(but not DOHO)

DSC08823 (Small).JPGDSC08823 (Small).JPG
#160 9 years ago

Fantastic color! Now all I need is an IJ pin..haha. How about TZ next!!!

1 week later
#161 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

The one from Pinbits won't work, due to the caps on the back.
Buy this one instead: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16824

I got around to dealing with this and now have my Pinbits jackpot board back in place. All I did was snip off the pins of the connector on the board until they were about 2mm long, snip off the white "teeth" of the connector, and then solder the wires directly onto the pins (making sure I got the order right). This meant there was enough clearance for the board to sit behind the ColorDMD. I screwed it back on with short screws and it sits pretty flush to the speaker panel - in fact the LEDs are sitting inside the jackpot holes. I'm hoping they aren't too close and the heat from them melts the plastic as they used to be set back more. I'll monitor this.
Great to have my jackpot lights back as they belong in the game.

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Once you download the code to the dmd, dots is the only option. The sigma (smooth) look is available only when you use a single color. I have my TZ set with the sigma look and it is great.

Is there any way of going back to Sigma once you've loaded the code? You know, just for a change...

#163 9 years ago

yes this is no Problem

you can swap the firmwares every time

#164 9 years ago

Anyone know when these will be back in stock? (Or when the LOTR ones will be ready?)

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Anyone know when these will be back in stock? (Or when the LOTR ones will be ready?)

We're targeting early November. Please sign on to our mailing list and we'll notify you when displays are back in stock.

#166 9 years ago

Anyone have another source for the Marco flat treasure LED board? I have the proto board, but that's a no-go with the ColorDMD, and Marco has been out of stock for a bit...

#167 9 years ago

Is there a reason this is not in the color dmd code?
Was it just a miss? It's in TAF, so we know it can be done.

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

I think it had to do with the hookups to those particular lights being different than TAF, so the hardware that was setup to fake the lights for TAF wouldn't work for IJ. Something along that line anyway.

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Has to do with the pin configuration for the light board.

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Jackpot lamps are split between two columns. The TAF Thing lamps are all in a single column.

The opto circuit tied to the LAMP_IN connector on the ColorDMD board was designed for TAF and is hardwired to a single column driver.

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Jackpot lamps are split between two columns. The TAF Thing lamps are all in a single column.
The opto circuit tied to the LAMP_IN connector on the ColorDMD board was designed for TAF and is hardwired to a single column driver.

Bummer

#172 9 years ago

Besides the marco jackpot board, any other boards compatible with the colordmd?

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Besides the marco jackpot board, any other boards compatible with the colordmd?

Check with Pinbits... I think they were working on one.

Otherwise, please check the PDF on our SUPPORT page that shows how you can modify an existing lamp board (TAF, DW, or IJ) to work with the ColorDMD.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Check with Pinbits... I think they were working on one.
Otherwise, please check the PDF on our SUPPORT page that shows how you can modify an existing lamp board (TAF, DW, or IJ) to work with the ColorDMD.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_29&products_id=473

Sold out too (assuming this one works with the display)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.00
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
$ 1,419.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

14,000 (OBO)
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-indiana-jones-as-next-title-official/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.