(Topic ID: 103506)

ColorDMD Announces Indiana Jones as Next Title (Official)

By Dmod

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Rick432
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC08823 (Small).JPG
The Frog.PNG
th-752.jpeg
spkpnl-IJ.jpg
Comparison.PNG
MB_Reference.png
STTNG_Reference.PNG
STTNG 1-768.jpg
MB2.jpg
MB1.jpg
STTNG4.jpg
B156HW02-V1.pdf (PDF preview)
LP156WF1-TLB1(Dell, AG) .pdf (PDF preview)
th-1-536.jpeg
i-r2pmqvw-L.jpg
i-PMwLJ8j-L.jpg

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 7 years ago

ColorDMD Displays is excited to announce multicolor support for Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure pinball machines. This is the 13th multicolor release for the ColorDMD pinball display platform. With 12 game modes (including 3 video modes), and 4 multiball modes, the game's animations burst to life in color!

When we hinted that we had "top men" working on this project, we weren't kidding. The color ROM for IJ contains some of the most detailed artwork to date! ColorDMD's Chris Enright provided the heavy lifting with key support from developers Josh Jertberg and Mark Jarzewiak.

Josh is an artist, video game animator, and pinball enthusiast who provided reference frame artwork that served as a starting point for coloring most of the animated sequences. Mark, hot off the heels of the Doctor Who release, pitched in to help wrap up some of the more complex sprite sequences in the game.

This color release leverages the same ColorDMD hardware platform used for all prevously supported games, and shares the same platform with the company's SIGMA line of single-color displays.

Watch facebook and our website for sneak peaks of game artwork. A video preview is also targeted for release within the next week. The ROM release is planned for late September.

IJ_title.png
#2 7 years ago

Gilligan totally would have sold better. </sarcasm>

#3 7 years ago

Man, this is going to cost me.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

Man, this is going to cost me.

Yeah $399.00 plus shipping

#5 7 years ago

JD next PLEASE

#6 7 years ago

Can't wait. My wallet can though.

#7 7 years ago

I have a good feeling about this....

#8 7 years ago

Worst title ever.... for me at least, $400 less bucks in my pocket.

#9 7 years ago

Do you guys have T2 in the works?

#10 7 years ago

Super ! totally awesome news information !

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Do you guys have T2 in the works?

Seriously.

New rules, new animations, color dmd, and include the sound package upgrade being worked on.

$699 out the door...im sold.

#12 7 years ago

Looks like I'm definitely getting an IJ soon then. If it wasn't already awesome, this just completes it for me.

#13 7 years ago

sigh....more money out of my pocket and going to Color DMD. I have one in my LOTR running sigma, do I wait for that to be colorized and leave it in LOTR or move it to IJ?

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

sigh....more money out of my pocket and going to Color DMD. I have one in my LOTR running sigma, do I wait for that to be colorized and leave it in LOTR or move it to IJ?

Move it to Indy! To hell with waiting.

#15 7 years ago

Randy, any insight regarding speaker panel jackpot lighting support?

#16 7 years ago

Like everyone else, I am very excited for this one. Can't wait to see it in action!

Big props out to the ColorDMD guys! I am sure this was not an easy game to give the color treatment. I would go as far as saying it probably is the most difficult of all the 90's B/W titles. RS and JD have tons of animations too, but no video modes.

#17 7 years ago

Hubba hubba hubba. IJ is so deserving of this. Thanks!

#18 7 years ago

T2 next please.......!!!...........Joey

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

T2 next please.......!!!...........Joey

I think. SIGMA set to blue would be great as well.

#20 7 years ago

My non-insider money is on Metallica being the first Stern to be colorized next.

#21 7 years ago

I'm assuming it will support the speaker panel lights. Does anyone sell the speaker panel with the speaker grills already installed with cutouts for the jackpot lights?

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My non-insider money is on Metallica being the first Stern to be colorized next.

That would be amazing. Fingers crossed.

I'll be buying one for my Indy. Luckily I haven't owned the last few releases.

#23 7 years ago

Rats, I was ready to go on Gilligan's Island

Why does everything need to be so cryptic and teasing any more? I just don't get that aspect of marketing I guess.

Well, I know these will sell well. Great product,

Chris

#25 7 years ago

Nice, hope the Shadow isn't next. Already broke the bank on that game...

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Why does everything need to be so cryptic and teasing any more? I just don't get that aspect of marketing I guess.

Just a little fun. Randy loves making these puzzles for people. You should meet Chris, he loves infuriating people with puzzles even more than Randy!

#27 7 years ago

Just posted, a few minutes ago.
IJ_Snakes.png

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

Just posted, a few minutes ago.

giphy (1).gif

giphy.gif

#29 7 years ago

I know I will be buying one. This is one mod that not only looks great but brings value when you sell it.

#30 7 years ago

Two more previews up on the facebook page now - this is going the the best colour DMD yet!

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Two more previews up on the facebook page now - this is going the the best colour DMD yet!

Chris really out did himself on this one.

#32 7 years ago

IJ POA ColorDMD.png2 more posted after everyone went to sleep.

#34 7 years ago

the other oneIJ choose wisely-676.png

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Chris really out did himself on this one.

They really did have 'top men working on it'!

#36 7 years ago

REALLY looking forward to this one! Cant wait!

#37 7 years ago

Some of us drilled out the backboard and installed a lamp boards to light 3 Jackpot treasures as originally intended on the speaker panel. I assume this would be in the way of the ColorDMD and need to be removed.

Will the ColorDMD be able to light the Ark-Stone-Grail like it does for *THING* on The Addams Family?

Thanks - Dave

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Will the ColorDMD be able to light the Ark-Stone-Grail like it does for *THING* on The Addams Family?

We haven't added support for the Jackpot lighting mod(s). I'm not familiar with different variants of the mod, and my hope is that it can be supported in a similar way to the DW lamp board (by replacing lamps with LEDs and mounting the board between the speaker panel and LCD screen).

Support using the TAF LAMP_IN connector on the ColorDMD would depend on whether all the jackpot lamps are driven from the same column of the LAMP matrix.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

We haven't added support for the Jackpot lighting mod(s). I'm not familiar with different variants of the mod, and my hope is that it can be supported in a similar way to the DW lamp board (by replacing lamps with LEDs and mounting the board between the speaker panel and LCD screen).

Support using the TAF LAMP_IN connector on the ColorDMD would depend on whether all the jackpot lamps are driven from the same column of the LAMP matrix.

This board will fit under the colorDMD

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16824

288425.jpeg

#40 7 years ago

They are not. Grail and Stone Jackpot are Column 2 and Ark is Column 4.

#41 7 years ago

This one might not -

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-IJ2999

#555 lamp sockets. I have a very old one that I'm sure would be in the way.

#42 7 years ago

Hats off to whomever did the colorization work for Indy. The previews so far look absolutely fantastic. Really nice detail.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

This one might not -

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-IJ2999

#555 lamp sockets. I have a very old one that I'm sure would be in the way.

I believe (3-4) boards are on the market. However the one from marco is the slimmest/smallest and the connector is not mounted to the board.

#44 7 years ago

IJ really deserves this. It's the best pinball game ever made. Some will disagree, but that's fine. This game has what almost no other game has, 12 modes in which most are REALLY good. Lots of games, TZ, AF etc have a bunch of modes, but 1/2 of them are throw away.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

IJ really deserves this. It's the best pinball game ever made. Some will disagree, but that's fine. This game has what almost no other game has, 12 modes in which most are REALLY good. Lots of games, TZ, AF etc have a bunch of modes, but 1/2 of them are throw away.

But you can't start them! Damn that saucer!

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, I need to look into that. Really annoying.

#47 7 years ago

persistence! There are 7 or 8 different ways to fix that mode start hole depending on your game and the situation. I'm about 90% on mine.

Quoted from epthegeek:

#48 7 years ago

The big question is, did they colorize the Frog video?
(Yes, I am trying to goad them into posting it)

#49 7 years ago

Is it not possible to add color to the background? So the dogfight scenes don't look like they are happening at midnite

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Is it not possible to add color to the background? So the dogfight scenes don't look like they are happening at midnite

the ColorDMD method just applies color tint to the existing dots. It doesn't create anything that is not currently there. So, no dots == no color.

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside