(Topic ID: 153884)

ColorDMD Announces Guns N' Roses! -- RELEASED!!!

By Dmod

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
colordmd_snake_boo_(resized).jpg
colordmd_snake_yay_(resized).jpg
7gnrdmd1_(resized).jpg
11gnrdmd2_(resized).jpg
12gnrdmd1_(resized).jpg
GNR_roses_(resized).jpg
GNR_Axl_Slash_(resized).jpg
GNR_roses_(resized).jpg
GNR_Yellow_Title_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider williestyle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 8 years ago

Definitely play around to see what you like best, I think I've settled on Dots XL. Also start with your contrast setting at 3 - it really helps the skin tones pop on this game. When I filmed the trailer footage, I hadn't quite figured all this out yet so you'll notice it looking fantastic live. Glad you ordered one!

1 week later
#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

His video shows what I was describing about the end of Snake Pit mode. So it's not just me. Yay? Hopefully it's a bug or unfinished bit and not intended to be all blue like that.

GNR Colorist here! So you found the snake pit bug! When coloring a game there are rare instances where a frame or transition sequence is not able to be colored properly. This final frame of the sequence (which sorta seems like a glitchy frame to begin with) was one of those instances due to the score being a little too embedded with the artwork. I colored it all green for a while, then decided on all blue. The other option is to black it out if it really bugs you guys. You wouldn't even notice something was missing. (To be perfectly clear, I would only be blacking out the wacky blue frame, not the rest of the awesome artwork with Slash and the snake). If I get enough feedback on this, I'll make the change with the first update ROM.

I had a blast coloring the game and as a huge GNR fan I made every effort to be as accurate as possible. I researched what video/concert a sequence was sampled from and got the clothing colors right, same with the the color of the stripes on the Mustang GT from the Don't Cry video, etc, etc. I tried to leave no stone unturned. Hope you guys are enjoying it as much as I am!

I'm open to other feedback, and making additional updates within reason.

#37 8 years ago

Snake Pit:

The people have spoken! I'll black it out.

Coma:

Yes this was one of those instances where the EKG line graph interfered with all the text making it impossible to separate things. However - old EKG machines were monochrome green, so look at it as an immersive experience... listen to that Coma heart beat / kick drum and you are right there in the hospital with Axl!

Gilby:

Thanks, this one hurt my brain and I was so happy to finish it. Colored vehicles make it much easier to navigate. Have you completed it and seen the sweet flaming skull?

Scrolling Credits:

These credits took me an embarrassingly long amount of time to color, there were no shortcuts, every frame as the letters moved upwards had to colored manually.... I was seeing them in my sleep. But I think they look pretty good. I will check out the Lyman area... this is likely something I can easily fix.

Mystery Girl:

Agreed she's a troglodyte! I don't know if there is much I can do here in terms of a makeover.. perhaps change her hair color.

1 month later
#44 7 years ago

It's glorious!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider williestyle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-gnr?tu=williestyle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.