(Topic ID: 153884)

ColorDMD Announces Guns N' Roses! -- RELEASED!!!

By Dmod

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
colordmd_snake_boo_(resized).jpg
colordmd_snake_yay_(resized).jpg
7gnrdmd1_(resized).jpg
11gnrdmd2_(resized).jpg
12gnrdmd1_(resized).jpg
GNR_roses_(resized).jpg
GNR_Axl_Slash_(resized).jpg
GNR_roses_(resized).jpg
GNR_Yellow_Title_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wiggy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 8 years ago

Blog Post and Video Installation of ColorDMD's Guns N Roses

Blog Post:
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/03/15/mod-install-colordmd-install-and-game-play-of-data-east-guns-n-roses/

http://www.pinballsupernova.com/data%20east%20color%20dmd%20repair.html

Video :

12gnrdmd1_(resized).jpg12gnrdmd1_(resized).jpg

11gnrdmd2_(resized).jpg11gnrdmd2_(resized).jpg

7gnrdmd1_(resized).jpg7gnrdmd1_(resized).jpg

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

installed mine last night ... pretty simple but a little tight as already mentioned ... ALSO as the video stated the "data east" holes shown in the instructions do not work because you cannot close the back box door at that height (it will hit the top of the color dmd)... Then when i dropped it down to the available next holes i still have to slightly lift the back box door to get it to clear but it works ... Seriously the hardest part for me was "Step 6" the tight space you have in removing the 15 pin CN6 and then installing the "power tap".... not much room to work in there ..... nice mod tho .. looks great and makes a big difference unfortunately I didn't get a lot of time to play and enjoy before i went to bed ...... off topic if you have the Pinsound Board this just makes adjusting that even more cumbersome but i guess those are the breaks and like BlackJacker already said definitely NOT a deal breaker .....actually if we could extend the existing 26 pin ribbon cable that goes to CN3 it would make accessing the lower part of the back box less frustrating ... I assume that would be possible by adding 26 pin ribbon extension to it but im not a computer guy ... definitely gonna look into it

Highway Starr, in reference to the ribbon cable and lack of length, what I did was remove the ribbon cable from the wire organizers in the back box, (White Clips that organize the wires). After that, the ribbon cable had more slack which made moving the DMD display easier in removing and installing from the back box when having to drop it down. The first time before removing the ribbon cable from the wire organizers, I bent the pins on the display board and had to bend the pins back to its original location. Give it a try.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wiggy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-gnr?tu=wiggy07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.