View topic image gallery

Tommy_Hand (resized).PNG
Shoot_the_Mirror_(resized).JPG
Can_You_Hear_Me_(resized).JPG
Tommy_Hand_(resized).PNG
Tommy_Walker_(resized).PNG
#1 7 years ago

TOMMY, CAN YOU HEAR ME?

ColorDMD's is excited to announce The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard as the 37th title to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform! Tommy is the second Data East game to receive support and will be our sixth released title in 2016.

Can_You_Hear_Me_(resized).JPGCan_You_Hear_Me_(resized).JPG

Tommy is the first release for ColorDMD developer Frank Gigliotti. Frank has been an avid pinball player since the 1960's and plays nearly every day. Fresh off a three year adventure programming, animating and sound editing Riot Pinball's Wrath of Olympus pinball machine, Frank turned his sights on Tommy.

Tommy is one of Frank's favorite games and a cornerstone in his pinball collection. The color display is a visual treat that brings this rich and amazing story to life in one of Data East's most fun and exciting games.

Tommy_Walker_(resized).PNGTommy_Walker_(resized).PNG

The ColorDMD for Tommy pinball machines leverages the company's easy-to-install ColorDMD SIGMA platform and supports six different rendering styles. Multicolor operation is enabled through free download and installation of a game-specific ROM using a USB drive. The display may be reconfigured for use with any supported title.

Shoot_the_Mirror_(resized).JPGShoot_the_Mirror_(resized).JPG

Displays are in stock now for immediate shipping, The color ROM for Tommy is targeted for release on Friday, May 6. A video preview will be available prior to the release. For additional information, including upcoming game previews, please visit us at www.colordmd.com.

Tommy_Hand_(resized).PNGTommy_Hand_(resized).PNG

#2 7 years ago

Awesome! You guys just keep cranking them out.

#4 7 years ago

Another awesome release.

#5 7 years ago

Great color palette. Another sweet colorization.

#6 7 years ago

Jurassic Park would be another sweet colorization.

#7 7 years ago

Nice job Frank!!!

Now on to WOOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 7 years ago

TFTC next I hope. Would give me all in incentive I need to get mine back together.

#9 7 years ago

The installation instructions for Tommy (and other DE games with plastic speaker panels) has been added to the Tommy product page.

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-the-whos-tommy-pinball-wizard-pinball-machine/

#10 7 years ago

TOMMY COLORDMD PREVIEW

Thanks to Frank and Chris Enright for their work to provide this video preview!

#11 7 years ago

COLORDMD TOMMY RELEASED!

The color ROM to support The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard pinball machines has been released and is now available for download from our firmware SUPPORT page!

Thanks to Frank Gigliotti for all the work to complete this title!

Thanks also to Bill B and Mark J for their help beta testing!

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

#12 7 years ago

The guys at WickedPissaPinballPit will be livestreaming Tommy in color tonight from 7-9pm EDT!

https://www.twitch.tv/wickedpissapinballpit/

5 months later
#13 7 years ago

ROM UPDATE!

The Tommy 3.2 color ROM update has been posted to our SUPPORT page and is now available for immediate download. The update adds support for Chad Hendrickson's unofficial 5.0 game code release that adds new features for Tommy as well as additional animation sequences. The new color ROM still continues to support the official 4.0 game release.

The new ROM is available for both LCD and LED displays.

Thanks very much to Frank Gigliotti for all the hard work to make this available for all to enjoy!

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

Tommy_Hand (resized).PNGTommy_Hand (resized).PNG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 45.95
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-game37-tommy-can-you-hear-me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.