(Topic ID: 239862)

ColorDMD Announces Game 87! Indy's Back! - VIDEO PREVIEW ADDED!!

By Dmod

52 days ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by PinballManiac40
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IJ4_title (resized).PNG
IJ4_TempleofDoom (resized).PNG
IJ4_SoldierScore (resized).PNG
IJ4_Horseback (resized).PNG
IJ4_CairoSwordsman (resized).PNG
IJ4_Ark (resized).PNG

#1 52 days ago

GAME 87! INDY'S BACK!

ColorDMD Displays is excited to announce support for Stern Indiana Jones (IJ4) pinball machines! This marks the 87th multicolor release for ColorDMD, and fifth new supported title in 2019! Indiana Jones is known for it's extensive use of full-motion video content spanning four different movies.

IJ4_title (resized).PNG

Indiana Jones is the second title developed by Will Dann, having previously colored Guns N' Roses, our 35th release back in 2016. Hailing from the pinball mecca of the Pacific Northwest, Raiders of the Lost Ark was the first VHS Will ever owned, and he has been a life long Indy fan ever since. As such, he felt it was his civic duty to bring this fast paced, underappreciated title into the ColorDMD catalog.

IJ4_Horseback (resized).PNG

Indy was a challenging project due to the muted color tone, the fast paced action, and the vast amount of video content from all 4 movies. The work on this title was substantial and required some assistance, as well as development of new techniques and tools to get it to completion!

In his spare time Will likes to burn things with lasers, check out some of his pinball related projects at www.pingravings.com.

IJ4_SoldierScore (resized).PNG

The ColorDMD for Stern Indiana Jones pinball machines shares the same easy-to-install hardware platform as previous ColorDMD releases. All displays ship with the factory installed SIGMA ROM that supports WPC, WPC95, SAM, Whitestar, and SPIKE platforms. Multicolor operation is enabled through download and installation of a game-specific color ROM file, available from our site. ROMs can be changed at any time, allowing use with any of our supported titles.

IJ4_TempleofDoom (resized).PNG

Color ROMs will be provided for both new displays and older ColorDMD LCD displays (manufactured after 2015) with controller board revision 1.3B or later. These boards include an upgraded larger flash memory needed to support extended ROMs. Earlier controller boards are not supported but can be upgraded by replacing the flash memory on the board.

IJ4_CairoSwordsman (resized).PNG

Displays are shipping now from our store site and through our distributors. The color ROM for Stern Indiana Jones pinball machines is targeted for release on Friday, April 5! For more information, please visit us at www.colordmd.com.

IJ4_Ark (resized).PNG

#2 52 days ago

Congrats Will, looks amazing! nice to see this title finished, I know it was a long journey!!

#3 52 days ago

Thank man! Long journey is an understatement! It was fun but glad to have it finished.

#4 52 days ago

I really enjoy stern indy. Unfortunately it doesn’t get much love here on pinside. Great location pin

#5 50 days ago

VIDEO PREVIEW!

Indiana Jones is the 87th supported title for the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform! IJ4 was colored by Will Dann, and the color ROM is targeted for release Friday, April 5!

Displays are shipping now! http://shop.colordmd.com

#6 50 days ago

What an incredible job! Well done!!!

#7 50 days ago

Game has good video for being dots, nice job!

#8 50 days ago

That looks fantastic, great job!

#9 48 days ago

I was happy to beta test this, especially after having a Sigma display in it for 2 years. Thank you Will, Randy and Chris for the hard work.

2 weeks later
#10 33 days ago

Picking up an Indy next week. How do I know which version board I have ?

#11 33 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Picking up an Indy next week. How do I know which version board I have ?

Congrats. The game has a ColorDMD installed? The controller board will be labeled revision 1.3B or later.

#12 33 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Congrats. The game has a ColorDMD installed? The controller board will be labeled revision 1.3B or later.

Nope all original. I’ll either buy a new one or there are some guys with booths that sell unopened color dmd

#13 33 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Nope all original. I’ll either buy a new one or there are some guys with booths that sell unopened color dmd

New LED and LCD displays are the new Chroma board and is completely supported and a Chroma label will be on back.
https://colordmd.com/chromainfo.html

#14 33 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

New LED and LCD displays are the new Chroma board and is completely supported and a Chroma label will be on back.
https://colordmd.com/chromainfo.html

That’s where I get confused . Do I want led or lcd ?

#15 33 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

That’s where I get confused . Do I want led or lcd ?

I did a beta test with both displays and both look great. It is hard to choose one over the other even after testing them both for a month. I think the LCD barely edged out the LED for me just because I was able to change the look of the dots on the LCD.

#16 33 days ago

Ok. Guess I’ll go LCD

#17 33 days ago

So what accessories are needed? Foam gasket?

#18 33 days ago

No foam needed. The LCD mounts flush to the wood speaker panel.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 174.99
Boards
PCB Emporium
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 399.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Columbia, MD
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Danville, VA
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Machine - For Sale
Chino Hills, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murfreesboro, TN
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside