(Topic ID: 194412)

ColorDMD Announces Game 62: Jurassic Park - RELEASED!

By Dmod

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jorro
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JP (resized).png
giphy (resized).png
JP_Triball (resized).png
JP_Title (resized).png
JP_Stampede 2 (resized).png
JP_Skillshot (resized).png
JP_Spitters (resized).png
JP_RunAway (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #32 Color DMD LED Panel Installation - Matt's Basement Arcade Posted by Meloyelo51 (6 years ago)

Post #40 Official Video Preview Posted by Dmod (6 years ago)

Post #48 ColorDMD Gameplay - Brewer's Arcade Posted by BrewersArcade (6 years ago)

Post #50 ColorDMD Gameplay / Review - Matt's Basement Arcade Posted by Meloyelo51 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

THIS IS BIG!

ColorDMD is excited to announce that Jurassic Park is the 62nd game to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform!

JP_Title (resized).pngJP_Title (resized).png

Jurassic Park benefits from the small form factor of the new ColorDMD LED display introduced last year. These displays use a matrix of 128x32 discrete RGB LEDs and occupy a similar space as original plasma DMDs.

JP_Triball (resized).pngJP_Triball (resized).png

Jurassic Park was colored by Dan Czupryna and this is his second title following his work on World Poker Tour. A pinball enthusiast since childhood, Dan (danczaz@Pinside) is the owner/operator of DBC Pinball & Amusements and routes games in the Chicagoland area. We're excited to share Dan's work on Jurassic Park and look forward to collaborating on future projects!

JP_StampedeJP_Stampede

Dan is an engineering graduate of the University of Arizona and has spent the last twelve years working in the Automotive Industry. He resides in Chicagoland with his family, and welcomed his second child, Chase, earlier this year. When Dan's not playing pinball or spending time with family, you'll likely find him grinding it out in a poker tournament somewhere in the Midwest!

JP_RunAway (resized).pngJP_RunAway (resized).png

The ColorDMD for Jurassic Park pinball machines shares the same easy-to-install hardware platform as previous ColorDMD releases. All displays ship with the factory installed SIGMA ROM that supports WPC, WPC95, SAM, Whitestar, and SPIKE platforms. Multicolor operation is enabled through download and installation of a game-specific color ROM file, available from our site. ROMs can be changed at any time, allowing use with any of our supported titles.

JP_Spitters (resized).pngJP_Spitters (resized).png

LED displays are in stock now and available for imeediate shipping from our store site and through our distributors. The color ROM for Jurassic Park pinball machines is targeted for release by Friday, August 4! For more information, please visit us at www.colordmd.com.

JP_Skillshot (resized).pngJP_Skillshot (resized).png

#2 6 years ago

Congratulations JP owners this looks like it's going to be one of the best ColourDMD to date!

Can't wait for the video preview.

#3 6 years ago

Damn. I might need to pick up a jp now....

#4 6 years ago

Wow those snaps looks fantastic. Great job Dan! Love the DE games in color.

#5 6 years ago

Wow, finally! Looks awesome!

#6 6 years ago

Nice work....looks great!

#7 6 years ago

Hooray! This is going to be awesome!

#8 6 years ago

Hmmm, interested!

#9 6 years ago

Oh yeah! I know a lot of people including me have been waiting for this one. Great Job!

#11 6 years ago

Well. Looks like I have a purchase in my future. When I got my machine 2 years ago, I wanted to keep it all stock. I like the nostalgic orange DMD, but after 2 years, I suppose it's time to change it up.

#12 6 years ago

Dang it!! I was hoping for LW3 first but I will take the JP as well..Keep bringing the Data East titles! THANKS!!!

#13 6 years ago

This ColorDMD also works with v.6.00.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Was just going to ask if it would work with it. That's good.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

BEST NEWS!

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Yesssss

#17 6 years ago

I have a sigma LCD in my JP. (Had to modify the backpanel)

Will the new color code work with LCD displays or just LED displays?

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Big thanks to Chad for helping do the BETA testing! It's nice when you find out he lives 15 minutes away from you!

Hope everyone enjoys! It's pretty cool to color one of your iconic movies from your teenage years!

Big thanks to Chris and Randy too at ColorDMD to help get this game finally colored! Chris was a HUGE help on some the more advance areas and Randy had to make software and hardware updates for this game to even be able to be colored!

#19 6 years ago

Sure, I didn't need that paypal balance anyway. It's days like these that I'm happy I live close to a border, those shipping fees hurt man

Awesome work guys! The time and hard work you put into this project really shows.

#20 6 years ago

Always impressed!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Randy had to make software and hardware updates for this game to even be able to be colored!

Colourisation looks outstanding, nice work. Can those details be shared?

Always interesting when certain games require updates and changes both physically and with the software, Randys work on ColourDMD is just awesome.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I have a sigma LCD in my JP. (Had to modify the backpanel)
Will the new color code work with LCD displays or just LED displays?

Yes. Just make sure you use the right code for your display (chroma.rom or colordmd.rom)

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes. Just make sure you use the right code for your display (chroma.rom or colordmd.rom)

Would they be releasing an LCD rom for this though since it is not officially supported?

#24 6 years ago

Pinball Magic PLEASE!

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Would they be releasing an LCD rom for this though since it is not officially supported?

They have for all the other DE's, haven't they?

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

This is correct.
Software support for LCD is provided, but we don't officially support or encourage LCD installation because it requires cutting a notch in the top of the plastic speaker panel to accommodate the LCD.
The LED will fit without any change to the speaker panel and is the recommended display for DE games with plastic speaker panels.

Dmod posted this in the Jurrasic Park Club LCD software is supported.

#27 6 years ago

Can't wait for the video preview!

#28 6 years ago

Does anyone know if ColorDMD offer discounts if you buy multiple at once? Their latest releases coincide with some of the games in our collection, so I'm wondering if they offer some sort of package deal or something.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Does anyone know if ColorDMD offer discounts if you buy multiple at once? Their latest releases coincide with some of the games in our collection, so I'm wondering if they offer some sort of package deal or something.

We ship free on orders of three or more displays from our site. The free shipping offer is visible once items are added to your cart.

#30 6 years ago

Awesome, good to know! Thanks.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

We ship free on orders of three or more displays from our site.

Even internationally! Got my order last week but may need to place another.

#32 6 years ago

Wow, quick shipping you guys! Ordered Wednesday morning, got tracking number AND hit the post office by lunchtime, and I got it Saturday!

I made an install video so people can see how easy it is.
Can't wait for that code to be released!

#33 6 years ago

3 days till release and no video yet????

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

3 days till release and no video yet????

They should send me beta code so I can do a video for them...
hint hint nudge nudge

#35 6 years ago

History shows that the video previews mostly are dropped on Wednesdays.

#36 6 years ago

Looks awesome

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

History shows that the video previews mostly are dropped on Wednesdays.

Gotcha. This is my first go around since they FINALLY started doing machines I own...lol. Ill be patient....

#38 6 years ago

Gotcha. This is my first go around since they FINALLY started doing machines I own...lol. Ill be patient....

lol mine too

#39 6 years ago

Thank you for your patience, newbies. Welcome to the color club. I'm up to 9.

#40 6 years ago

JURASSIC PARK VIDEO PREVIEW!

Jurassic Park is the 62nd game to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform!
Jurassic park was colored by Dan Czupryna,,his second title release following work on World PokerTour! We're excited to share Dan's work on Jurassic Park and look forward to collaborating on future projects!

LED displays are in stock now and available for immediate shipping from our store site and through our distributors. The color ROM for Jurassic Park pinball machines is targeted for release by Friday, August 4!

Thanks to Chris Enright for creating this video preview!

#41 6 years ago

oh man, those dots look KILLER.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Hope everyone enjoys!

I do. I watched it 3 times in a row already. This should help motivate me to get moving on my project game.

#44 6 years ago

Any chance we can get a video of it on the LCD running in high res?

#45 6 years ago

Mine is installed and just waiting for the rom file download. Planning on doing a video review on my channel on Friday when it comes out! www.YouTube.com/brewersarcade

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Mine is installed and just waiting for the rom file download. Planning on doing a video review on my channel on Friday when it comes out! http://www.YouTube.com/brewersarcade

Ditto! Can't wait for the code!! I'm even more excited after seeing the preview... I thought the original graphics were going to limit things. Even looks better than I expected!

YouTubers check out my channel as well: https://www.youtube.com/mattsbasementarcade
Facebookers come join us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/JurassicParkPinballOwners/

#47 6 years ago

Got mine - waiting for code - been waiting for this FOREVER thanks for getting to this ColorDMD! Also thanks for the videos guys!

#48 6 years ago

Roms installed! Here's a video of gameplay footage. It is REALLY well done! Congrats to the entire ColorDMD team!

#49 6 years ago

JURASSIC PARK RELEASED!

The color ROM to support Jurassic Park pinball machines is now available from our firmware download page.

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

Dan Czupryna did an amazing job with Jurassic Park. His attention to detail to integrate the movie and playfield colors is top notch!
Thanks to Chad Hendrickson and Darren Armstrong for their support with beta testing, and helpful suggestions for improvements!

Displays are shipping now from our site and through our distributors.

JP (resized).pngJP (resized).png

#50 6 years ago

Here is my video with how to upgrade the firmware, review, and gameplay video for the Color DMD.
Awesome job guys...I am really blown away!

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-game-62-this-is-big?hl=walleyefisher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.