(Topic ID: 193150)

ColorDMD Announces 60th Game! Rocky and Bullwinkle - VIDEO PREVIEW!

By Dmod

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by imharrow
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4481.JPG (resized).jpeg
IMG_4480.JPG (resized).jpeg
RAB_Orange1 (resized).jpg
RAB_Orange2 (resized).jpg
RAB_Orange3 (resized).jpg
R&B_BullwinkleTall (resized).PNG
STTNG_Scan_Borg (resized).PNG
R&B_ShootAgain (resized).PNG
R&B_Super (resized).PNG
R&B_Rocket (resized).PNG
R&B_Danger (resized).PNG
R&B_BullwinkleTheMoose (resized).PNG

#1 6 years ago

COLORDMD ANNOUNCES GAME 60!

ColorDMD Displays is excited to announce support for it's 60th title, Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends!  The display for R&B utilizes ColorDMD's RGB LED panels, which easily replace the monochromatic plasma displays that shipped with the original game.  R&B will be the ninth new title released in 2017, and the second release for developer Jeff Collins!

R&B_Rocket (resized).PNGR&B_Rocket (resized).PNGR&B_BullwinkleTheMoose (resized).PNGR&B_BullwinkleTheMoose (resized).PNG

Jeff previously delivered ColorDMD support for Pirates of the Caribbean pinball machines.  In truth, he actually started work on R&B prior to Pirates, but unfortunately the project was put on hold when we could not find a backbox mounting solution for the original ColorDMD LCD display.  With the introduction of the company's new smaller LED panels late last year, Jeff was able to return to and complete R&B!

R&B_Super (resized).PNGR&B_Super (resized).PNG

Jeff resides in Prairie Village, Kansas with his wife Kathy.  Their daughter Maddie attends Kansas State University and, and son Max will complete high school this year.  A programmer and avid pinball enthusiast, Jeff loves to share his collection of over 60 machines! Recently he and Kathy held a fundraiser for the American Heart Association and raised $12,000 in one night!

R&B_Danger (resized).PNGR&B_Danger (resized).PNG

The newly designed ColorDMD LED pinball display contains 128x32 individual RGB LEDs.  The compact design is similar in size to a conventional DMD and allows easy installation in Data East games.  All ColorDMD LED displays ship with the factory installed SIGMA ROM that supports WPC, WPC95, SAM, Whitestar, and SPIKE platforms. Multicolor operation is enabled through download and installation of a game-specific color ROM file, available from our site. ROMs can be changed at any time, allowing use with other supported LED titles.

R&B_ShootAgain (resized).PNGR&B_ShootAgain (resized).PNG

Displays are shipping now from our store site.  The color ROM for R&B pinball machines is targeted for release by Friday, July 14!  Watch our site and Facebook page for upcoming previews from R&B, as well as future product updates and releases! For more information, please visit us at www.colordmd.com.

#2 6 years ago

Congrats on game #2 Jeff! Looks great!

#3 6 years ago

What is needed to replace the monochromatic display with a ColorDMD LED for R&B? Just the LED display or would I also need a cable kit and mounting bracket?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

What is needed to replace the monochromatic display with a ColorDMD LED for R&B? Just the LED display or would I also need a cable kit and mounting bracket?

Everything needed for installation is included with the ColorDMD LED display. Additionally, hardware installation instructions can be viewed on the SUPPORT page of our site.

#5 6 years ago

I can't wait to try this out. My game is out on loan at this time.

#7 6 years ago

will you have a video of it? I have to get this!!!!

#8 6 years ago

What DE games are left? LAH, JP?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

What DE games are left? LAH, JP?

And LW3. Plus smaller DMD games but that will be another hurdle to conquer.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

will you have a video of it? I have to get this!!!!

Video preview will be out by tomorrow!

#11 6 years ago

Wow that looks great! Excellent work. DE has some cool dots and colordmd ROCKS!!!

#12 6 years ago

WooHoo! This makes me incredibly happy!

#13 6 years ago

I always thought RAB would be a great title for this, just because of the cartoon nature of the theme! Glad to see it's come to fruition!

#14 6 years ago

Omg. I am so excited! I litetally just got an Rocky & Bullwinkle from SFGE in ATL. Great game with great colors that will look even better with color DMD.

#15 6 years ago

ROCKY & BULLWINKLE PREVIEW VIDEO!

Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends is the 60th game to receive support on the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform and 9th new title release in 2017!

R&B was colorized by Jeff Collins, who also provided ColorDMD support for Pirates of the Caribbean pinball machines..
LED displays for R&B are available now for immediate shipping through our store site! Release of the color ROM is targeted for Friday, July 14!

The content in this preview was filmed directly using a ColorDMD LED display.

#16 6 years ago

Must resist buy now button. Good thing no promo code for this.

#17 6 years ago

Resistance is futile.

STTNG_Scan_Borg (resized).PNGSTTNG_Scan_Borg (resized).PNG

#18 6 years ago

Uber excited. Now I need to get off my butt and put mine back together and repin all the connectors. Then order this. Maybe watch for some sale. Thanks for this one. The cartoon titles, especially, scream for color.

#19 6 years ago

I've seen this one in person and the LED display suits this game as well as any game in my opinion. And the colorizing is excellent as can be seen in the images and video.

#20 6 years ago

ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE RELEASED!

The color ROM to support Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends pinball machines has been released and is now available for download from our firmware support page!

Thanks again to Jeff Collins for his great work on this title! We're excited to share the results with the pinball community.

R&B_BullwinkleTall (resized).PNGR&B_BullwinkleTall (resized).PNG

#21 6 years ago

There was an error in the download link on the site, and was pointing to the Apollo13 ROM. The link has been fixed.

After installing firmware, please make sure the COLORDMD INFO screen indicates the correct version: RAB 3.0

#22 6 years ago

Here are a few 'before and after' screen shots, it looks even better on the LED display in the game.

RAB_Orange3 (resized).jpgRAB_Orange3 (resized).jpg

RAB_Orange2 (resized).jpgRAB_Orange2 (resized).jpg

RAB_Orange1 (resized).jpgRAB_Orange1 (resized).jpg

#23 6 years ago

Maybe this sounds stupid, but I am not seeing an easy 12/5 power connector to tap into. Am I missing something?

#24 6 years ago

Look at the install instructions on the ColorDmd site, it comes with a Data East power adapter.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Maybe this sounds stupid, but I am not seeing an easy 12/5 power connector to tap into. Am I missing something?

When you order a ColorDMD for Bullwinkle, you will get an adapter like this. It goes in the upper left corner.

IMG_4480.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_4480.JPG (resized).jpeg

IMG_4481.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_4481.JPG (resized).jpeg

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

When you order a ColorDMD for Bullwinkle, you will get an adapter like this. It goes in the upper left corner.

Apparently I clicked whitestar stern instead of whitestar Data East when downloading the instructions. Probably won't get to it until after pinburgh now but excited to get this setup.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Apparently I clicked whitestar stern instead of whitestar Data East when downloading the instructions. Probably won't get to it until after pinburgh now but excited to get this setup.

Did you get the DE power tap as MadMaxDad shows in the picture?

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did you get the DE power tap as MadMaxDad shows in the picture?

Yep, it will all be good.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-game-60-rocky-and-bullwinkle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.