(Topic ID: 185798)

ColorDMD Announces Game 57: Tales From The Crypt - VIDEO PREVIEW!

By Dmod

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cscmtp
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TFTC (resized).jpg
MmKay (resized).jpg
TFTC_TrickShot (resized).PNG
TFTC_ExtraBall (resized).PNG
TFTC_Title (resized).PNG
TFTC_Jackpot (resized).PNG
TFTC_Eyes (resized).PNG

#1 2 years ago

COLORDMD... THE BEAST IS YET TO COME!

ColorDMD is excited to announce that Tales From the Crypt is the 57th game to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform! Tales from the Crypt will be demonstrated at the Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend (April 7-9) in Brookfield, Wisconcin!

TFTC_Title (resized).PNG

Tales from the Crypt was colored by Eric Priepke! This Eric's ninth game for the ColorDMD platform and fourth game to be released in 2017! Eric's other titles include the recent release of Junk Yard, as well as Ripley's, The Walking Dead, Batman, Spider-Man VE, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and the Flintstones. In fact, Eric has been so productive over the past several months that we're having trouble just keeping up with him!

TFTC_ExtraBall (resized).PNG

Eric (still) resides in Wisconsin with his wife and two children, where he continues to do pinball stuff (that's basically similar to the stuff he was doing a week ago). You might as well go back and read the past three bios as the last one was just written last week and... well... not much has changed since then. Except Eric probably finished another game while we were writing this (or if he hasn't it will probably be done by the time you're done reading this).

TFTC_Jackpot (resized).PNG

Honestly, it's gotten so bad that our new corporate goal is just to release another game "Not colored by Eric Priepke." Did we mention he's still doing P-ROC stuff too? Bet he wants credit for that as well. Blah... blah... blah... Cactus Canyon Continued. Blah.. blah... Iron Man. Oh look more images below colored by Eric Priepke.

TFTC_TrickShot (resized).PNG

Enough about Eric.

The ColorDMD for Tales From The Crypt pinball machines shares the same easy-to-install hardware platform as previous ColorDMD releases. All displays ship with the factory installed SIGMA ROM that supports WPC, WPC95, SAM, Whitestar, and SPIKE platforms. Multicolor operation is enabled through download and installation of a game-specific color ROM file, available from our site. ROMs can be changed at any time, allowing use with any of our supported titles.

Displays are shipping now from our store site or through our distributors. The color ROM for Tales From The Crypt pinball machines is targeted for release by Friday, April 14! But then again Eric will probably just debug any remaining issues between rounds in the MGC tournament, while simultaneously juggling five balls and doing card tricks.

For more information, please visit us at www.colordmd.com or say hi to Eric at MGC!

TFTC_Eyes (resized).PNG

#2 2 years ago

Great bio

#3 2 years ago

Nice!

#4 2 years ago

Rejoice! Can't wait to grab one.

Quick question, will this work for owners running the 4.0 code?

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Rejoice! Can't wait to grab one.
Quick question, will this work for owners running the 4.0 code?

The color works with both the production ROM and Chads update.

#6 2 years ago

Epthesuperproductivegeek, amirite

#7 2 years ago

Enough Eric, others of us are normal humans and take an unreasonable amount of time to finish coloring a game

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Enough Eric, others of us are normal humans and take an unreasonable amount of time to finish coloring a game

Everybody else is working on hard games right now. I'm basically cheating with all the older stuff ;P

#9 2 years ago

Well dag nabbit, just bought one of these on Monday!

#10 2 years ago

Wow that is awesome. TFTC is going to look so cool in color. Wish I still had mine. Way to go Eric and ColorDMD.

#11 2 years ago

JP IS NEXT!

#12 2 years ago

Just ordered mine....amazing in that I was waiting on JY and TFTC to be completed - both at the same time was fortuitous! Thanks Eric!

#13 2 years ago

Just for the record: This is not likely true. Eventually, but not next.

#14 2 years ago

I honestly believe that TFTC has the best dots in the history of pinball, and I miss mine terribly. Chad's code eliminates some of the cackle and improves gameplay a ton.

If there were ever a game worthy of the ColorDMD treatment, it's TFTC.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I honestly believe that TFTC has the best dots in the history of pinball, and I miss mine terribly. Chad's code eliminates some of the cackle and improves gameplay a ton.
If there were ever a game worthy of the ColorDMD treatment, it's TFTC.

Enh, from a quality of the art angle, I'd say there are many better - like TWD.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Just for the record: This is not likely true. Eventually, but not next.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Enh, from a quality of the art angle, I'd say there are many better - like TWD.

It's certainly a matter of opinion, but having owned both, I think TFTC had FAR better dots. Not only do I think they're superior, they were also created like 20 years earlier. It really speaks to the quality of the dots when comparing games that are decades apart in creation.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Everybody else is working on hard games right now. I'm basically cheating with all the older stuff ;P

Keep on cheating on the easy ones. The more done the better.

#19 2 years ago

Awesome to add a DATA EAST Game-Hopefully this means more of the great DE titles to come!

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Well why don't you cheat on a LW3 next? That would be great MMmmm kay?

MmKay (resized).jpg

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Awesome to add a DATA EAST Game-Hopefully this means more of the great DE titles to come!

Only 6 more Data east yet to be done:

The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends; Jurassic Park; Last Action Hero ;Lethal Weapon 3 ;Maverick; WWF Royal Rumble

#22 2 years ago

You should omit Maverick since it used the large Sega display.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Only 6 more Data east yet to be done:
The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends; Jurassic Park; Last Action Hero ;Lethal Weapon 3 ;Maverick; WWF Royal Rumble

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You should omit Maverick since it used the large Sega display.

I am sure they will eventually make it work with a bigger LED or LCD screen. I suspect it is just not a priority right now for ColorDMD since they still have some coloring troubles to work out such as in Star Trek and also plenty of standard sized DMD titles to color.

#24 2 years ago

We got two solid days of beta testing done via MGC over the weekend. We ran the production code on Saturday and the modifications from pinballcode.com on Sunday. Only turned up 2 small issues that I saw, and those are fixed up, so we should be all set for the release on Friday (The 14th - that 7th in the original announcement was a goof).

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

We got two solid days of beta testing done via MGC over the weekend. We ran the production code on Saturday and the modifications from pinballcode.com on Sunday. Only turned up 2 small issues that I saw, and those are fixed up, so we should be all set for the release on Friday (The 14th - that 7th in the original announcement was a goof).

I had just sent an email asking when the code drops.....thanks for the update Eric!!

#26 2 years ago

TFTC COLORDMD VIDEO PREVIEW!

Tales From the Crypt was colored by Eric Priepke and is the 57th game to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform!

The ColorDMD for Tales From The Crypt pinball machines shares the same easy-to-install LED platform as previous ColorDMD releases.
Displays are shipping now from our store site or through our distributors. The color ROM for Tales From The Crypt pinball machines is targeted for release by Friday, April 14!

Thanks to Eric and Chris for putting this preview together!

#27 2 years ago

Well, I guess it is best not to know at times what is really in those DMD animations. Though it does look like some great work that Eric has done....yet again.

#28 2 years ago

Saw this at MGC last weekend. It is a must for any TFTC owner!

#29 2 years ago

TFTC RELEASED!

The color ROM to support Tales from the Crypt pinball machines has been released and is now available for download from our SUPPORT site! Thanks to Eric for another great ColorDMD title!

TFTC (resized).jpg

#30 2 years ago

It looks amazing!! Had it ready to go, saw it was posted and updated it immediately...now on to play!

#31 2 years ago

I see it listed on the site as Chroma 30. ROM update. Will this version work with ChadH's 4.0 code?

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

I see it listed on the site as Chroma 30. ROM update. Will this version work with ChadH's 4.0 code?

Yes.

#33 2 years ago

Thanks Eric! Great work on this. The game looks amazing and I have mine rocking right now in all of it's full color and depth of gory glory!

UPDATE: Big thanks to Sonic here on Pinside for helping me talk through my install issue (turned out to be an easy fix), and thank you to Randy at ColorDMD for answering emails so fast.

I'm up and running and LOVE it! Great investment. Completely transforms the experience of the game now seeing what they actually wanted you to see.

Amazing work ColorDMD!

#34 2 years ago

Sent ya a PM...shoot me a call...

1 year later
#35 1 year ago

Is this still available? I was on the website and didn't see it listed.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from Acampero:

Is this still available? I was on the website and didn't see it listed.

It's only listed in the store under LED because you have to modify the backbox to make the LCD fit.

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's only listed in the store under LED because you have to modify the backbox to make the LCD fit.

Ah thank you!
Do you know what has to be done to the backbox to have it fit? I looked on the site and didn't see anything.

#38 1 year ago

You have to modify the speaker panel if you want to install an LCD in TOMMY, Jurassic Park or TFTC if I recall.

There is a document on the TOMMY LCD installation on colordmd. Basically you have to cut the center stud off the bottom of the speaker panel (it snaps off with some pliers too) and trim the back of the speaker panel at the top because the plastic is in the way. You don't see any of these modifications when its installed but it's some effort to get it to fit. One last caveat is the LCD monitor sits in front of the lightpanel door so you have to lift out the speaker panel if you want to open the lightpanel door. It never bothered me since I go in the backbox maybe once a year to change batteries. Some people didn't want to modify the speaker panel in case they sold their game but the DMD still fits if you do, no big deal IMO.

Randy supported the LED panels for the DE games for those that didn't want the hassle of modifying the speaker panel, but I prefer the LCD, with its several display modes. I have an LCD in my TOMMY.

Quoted from Acampero:

Ah thank you!
Do you know what has to be done to the backbox to have it fit? I looked on the site and didn't see anything.

#39 1 year ago

I just got my colorDMD for my Ghostbusters and I don't have any hex spacers or washers. Shouldn't this come with both??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside