(Topic ID: 122422)

ColorDMD Announces Johnny Mnemonic as Game 20! - ROM Released!

By Dmod

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 96 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by OldSchoolBlood
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150402_202702.jpg
20150402_202656.jpg
20150402_202629.jpg
20150402_202626.jpg
20150402_202620.jpg
20150402_202604.jpg
20150402_202548.jpg
20150402_202542.jpg
20150402_202524.jpg
20150402_201846.jpg
20150402_201832.jpg
20150402_201758.jpg
20150402_201747.jpg
giphy-5.gif
JM_JBone.png

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

I've been contemplating getting a Sigma for my DM. At the rate ColorDMD folks are moving, I'll have full color before I know it.

#52 5 years ago

JM is a C title, but that's irrelevant. It's an incredibly fun game with great flow and a large following. I loved owning it, and I'm really happy for current owners getting ColorDMD treatment.

#53 5 years ago

Damn, I just sold mine

#54 5 years ago

YESSSS! THERE'S GOT TO BE A HOTDOG STAND AROUND HERE SOMEWHERE!

#55 5 years ago

Totally ordering this... Now.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Thank god. I was hoping it would not be Star Trek or I would have been out even more money.

That's soon!

#57 5 years ago

Just bought the ColorDMD Sigma Display for the WPC. Will be standing by ready when the JM rom is released hopefully next week .

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-sigma/

#58 5 years ago

Man there are some awesome dots in this game, color will look great in this game.

I also have to say i'm surprised they chose this game this early, since the run is under 3k but it is a great game.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Man there are some awesome dots in this game, color will look great in this game.
I also have to say i'm surprised they chose this game this early, since the run is under 3k but it is a great game.

They don't choose. Someone stepped up and colored this on their own time. If you want Popeye done volunteer to do it.

#60 5 years ago

I'm SO stoked that I've got a JM lined up to pick up in a couple weeks now!

Not that I wasn't before, but the color DMD looks great for this one. Excitement level is through the roof!

#61 5 years ago

I'd offer to do Starship Troopers if nobody else is doing it and the platform supports it.

I reached out to ColorDMD earlier this week, but never heard back.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'd offer to do Starship Troopers if nobody else is doing it and the platform supports it.
I reached out to ColorDMD earlier this week, but never heard back.

I don't know if the platform support is there or not. Twister running Sigma is a start, but that's not coloring.

That said, with TPF they've been pretty busy, so might not be the best time to get ahold of them.

#63 5 years ago

Yeah, I'd give em time to get back, they've been quite busy.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know if the platform support is there or not. Twister running Sigma is a start, but that's not coloring.
That said, with TPF they've been pretty busy, so might not be the best time to get ahold of them.

I was wondering if TPF might slow the responses down. As long as they've got the platform working for it, I'd be willing to have a go at it, especially while I'm waiting on boards and parts for Spaceballs. "Taking the slow boat from China" is more of a truth than an expression at this point.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I'm SO stoked that I've got a JM lined up to pick up in a couple weeks now!
Not that I wasn't before, but the color DMD looks great for this one. Excitement level is through the roof!

So you did end up getting one, eh??? Awesome!!!

The theme is s bad it's good. I love the cyberpunk futuristic themes from the 1990s. Something about them never gets old.

#66 5 years ago

Just tried DotXL last night for the first time on my RS. I'm sold! Best scaling option for me.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Just tried DotXL last night for the first time on my RS. I'm sold! Best scaling option for me.

Every time someone says this Randy owes me a nickel.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Not trying to threadjack, but what is DotXL?

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So you did end up getting one, eh??? Awesome!!!
The theme is s bad it's good. I love the cyberpunk futuristic themes from the 1990s. Something about them never gets old.

Yep! Picking it up on my Chicago trip, two weeks from today

THERE'S GOTTA BE A HOTDOG JOINT AROUND HERE SOMEWHERE!

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Just extra large dots on the ColorDMD instead of the standard size dots

#71 5 years ago

How long 'til we get some video of this baby in action?

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

If you download the latest ROM version for your game you can pic between the original dot size, or a larger one. It's a lot like the difference between original plasma dots, and the newer LED dots.

It's definitely my display style of choice now, looks perfect. It's brighter and more solid feeling, but keeps the original pixel art intact, without going all square.

#73 5 years ago

waiting...waiting....waiting......sheesh....it's April 2nd already.......ahhhh

giphy-5.gif
#74 5 years ago

I see the ROM posted...any vid??

#75 5 years ago

Still waiting for ColorDMD Stern Star Trek or Metallica....

#76 5 years ago

Downloading it now. Will get video up later tonight.

#77 5 years ago

Holy cow.

So awesome!!!!!!!!

Video being uploaded on YT. Expect to see it soon.

20150402_201747.jpg20150402_201758.jpg20150402_201832.jpg20150402_201846.jpg20150402_202524.jpg20150402_202542.jpg20150402_202548.jpg20150402_202604.jpg20150402_202620.jpg20150402_202626.jpg20150402_202629.jpg20150402_202656.jpg20150402_202702.jpg

#78 5 years ago

Video as promised. A lil under 2 minutes.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

» YouTube video

Awesome! Thank you!

#80 5 years ago

is there a set release date for the Metallica?

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Thanks for filming this!

Aaaaaaaaand there goes $400.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Every time someone says this Randy owes me a nickel.

Switched Addams from Tile to DotXL this morning. I like Tile for numbers and letters but DotXL is way better for artwork. DotXL is the winner.

#83 5 years ago

The whole ColorDMD package is a winner!!! I love the Plug and Play on this display. It doesn't get any easier than this.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

T2 next please Randy.

Yes...yes....yes...............Joey

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

» YouTube video

How did you exit the video mode early?

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

How did you exit the video mode early?

Camera phone "pause" feature. I didn't want to bore everyone with the vid mode .

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Camera phone "pause" feature. I didn't want to bore everyone with the vid mode .

SNARF!

1 week later
#88 5 years ago

Just got the ColorDMD installed in Johnny and it looks awesome. Really love having the collectible frames colored. Also, out of some coincidence, the first game I played in color was the first time I completed all of Video Mode

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Also, out of some coincidence, the first game I played in color was the first time I completed all of Video Mode

All of it? How far does it go? I've only ever made it to level four (maybe five, but I can't say that for certain)!

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from Law:

All of it? How far does it go? I've only ever made it to level four (maybe five, but I can't say that for certain)!

Jesus...I can't get past wave 3!

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Just got the ColorDMD installed in Johnny and it looks awesome. Really love having the collectible frames colored. Also, out of some coincidence, the first game I played in color was the first time I completed all of Video Mode

Never completed it when I had one, only got to level four a handful of times. One of the best video modes ever imo, it takes skill to complete not just memorization like most video modes. Once I got the hang of it and realized that your orb will move fastest by only holding one button at a time I got pretty decent at it.

Man I miss this game...

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Jesus...I can't get past wave 3!

Damn. I must suck, cuz I've never beaten level 2, but I had a video mode bug happen once....

I was running outta time trying to get my last "node" - 3... 2... 1... then I got him AS it timed out ( can't remember if there is a 0, but if there is, I got it on the end of the 0 ) Points were awarded, round 2 started - CPU was overloaded, 20 second timer was normal speed - my "cursor" and "nodes" were super slow as the hand started coming for my ball, VERY slowly. Video Mode counted down to about 10 when the glove grabbed my ball, and slowly moved to drop it at the pops. The pops were normal action, the ball exited on about countdown of 2 (while the vid mode is just about frozen) and flippers weren't active. The ball finally drained down at 0, then my flippers activated (Drained Ball counted ) I was kinda upset, but was very awed, so it was still neat to see it. I wish I could've saved my ball.

2 months later
#93 5 years ago

Any chance of getting an official ColorDMD video of this one?

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Any chance of getting an office ColorDMD video of this one?

Hear, hear!

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

YAKUZA BABY !!!!
Awesome

What are you doing?
I'm making a long distance phone call!

Love me JM!
GJ on the lcd launch for it!

4 months later
#96 5 years ago

Great job on this release. I want to make one suggestion. If this game gets an update, please color the Mortal Kombat logo in attract mode to match the classic logo from the 90's. The solid blue currently used is disappointing when everyone remembers the logo like this:
http://media.photobucket.com/user/wladodragovic/media/Mortal%20Kombat/MKII.jpg.html?filters[term]=mortal%20kombat%20logo&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=0

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside