Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imagesCAU4PMSH.jpg
image.jpg
simps2.jpg
key_art_in_living_color.jpg
FT.jpg
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

Just got home from night job and finally got,it installed. Looks great but time to pass out.

#52 9 years ago

I just got mine - I love it!

#53 9 years ago

I think mine is waiting at the post office for me It's my first ColorDMD

#54 9 years ago

Darn...........and I sold mine!!!

#55 9 years ago

Love my colorDMD. But this is what shows up when I boot the machine. Is this normal? lol

key_art_in_living_color.jpgkey_art_in_living_color.jpg

#56 9 years ago

I use to love me some In Living Color!

#57 9 years ago

So now whats next?

IJ TSPP FG ?

Personally I'd love to see TSPP

#58 9 years ago

...I just installed my first color DMD into TOM....I was blown away by how cool it is......nice product.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I use to love me some In Living Color!

I gave the Fish Tales Color DMD... Two Zorro snaps - in 'Z' formation!

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

So now whats next?

IJ TSPP FG ?

Personally I'd love to see TSPP

There are many more Bally/Williams games to go.
IJ, TZ, Judge Dredd, Roadshow, Cactus Canyon, No Good Gophers, Shadow, Indy 500, Dr. Who, Corvette, Black Rose, Party Zone, Jackbot, BSD, Getaway. Congo, Champion Pub, WCS,T2, Junkyard, JM, Demolition Man, Who Dunnit, Dirty Harry, the Flintstones....etc.

This is one big question in my mind...will all Bally/Williams games will eventually get done in color? No doubt I can see some Stern releases before all the popular B/W titles are completed.

I would not be surprised if a Stern game has a ColorDMD release before end of this year.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Two Zorro snaps - in 'Z' formation!

#62 9 years ago

Is the site down?

#63 9 years ago

Never mind.. Works now

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

So now whats next?

everything with lightning flippers

#65 9 years ago

simps2.jpgsimps2.jpg
I think The Simpsons Pinball Party needs it the most! It's a cartoon... and should be filled with color , (although mainly yellow)!

#66 9 years ago

Dredd is a comic book. Again filled with color!

I'd actually like to see TSPP get done. It would look incredible.

#67 9 years ago

Mine arrived! Took under 10 minutes to install... and it's spectacular! Well done. Very satisfied. My only suggestions would be: color the crayfish that drags "grand champion" across the screen, he looks like the stock DMD (or was that intended?). The hills in the background of the video mode should be green like the rest of the animations are. Just my two cents

#68 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#69 9 years ago

I must say that of all the mods and bling going on pins these days, ColorDmD's displays are the "creme de la creme" of anything I have seen. Upon first opening I thought I was sent the wrong part? I figured it would look the same as my old DMD just in colour. It was a piece of cake to install. I was impressed with just the factory setting white display at first but once I installed the firmware.....POW!!! Blown away! To the guys at ColorDmD, great job! I look forward to seeing many new titles from you guys.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from TunaSled:

Mine arrived! Took under 10 minutes to install... and it's spectacular! Well done. Very satisfied. My only suggestions would be: color the crayfish that drags "grand champion" across the screen, he looks like the stock DMD (or was that intended?). The hills in the background of the video mode should be green like the rest of the animations are. Just my two cents

Yup, overall looks great, but noticed a few animations that are not colorized at all and appear to have been missed. Look like stock animations in orange.

#71 9 years ago

Hmmm I haven't seen that at all.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yup, overall looks great, but noticed a few animations that are not colorized at all and appear to have been missed. Look like stock animations in orange.

Unrecognized/uncolored frames appear white. Anything orange was intentionally colored orange.

We tend to give orange a bad rap, but orange isn't all bad.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Hmmm I haven't seen that at all.

The crawling lobster is orange, not sure what else

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Philk:

The crawling lobster is orange, not sure what else

Rock the Boat shot showing an orange "10 Million" rotating off the screen for ramp shots. Can't completely leave orange out of the game.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Unrecognized/uncolored frames appear white. Anything orange was intentionally colored orange.
We tend to give orange a bad rap, but orange isn't all bad.

I guess i would have preferred a more realistic crayfish/lobster then. That was the one animation in particular that did not have depth and looked out of place to me. The handful of orange animation appeared flat compared to the other stuff.

Overall looks great and really liked the depth finder and video mode stuff!

#76 9 years ago

@Dmod , any hints on the next title?

#77 9 years ago

I was sooo looking forward to a red lobster, like the one in AFM

#78 9 years ago

Is there a seafood lover in you?

#79 9 years ago

Lobsters are generally orange, they don't turn red until after they're cooked.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Lobsters are generally orange, they don't turn red until after they're cooked.

more are blue, green, and red than orange when still alive.

Technically I think the image is a crayfish and not a lobster, but hard to tell in DMD format
Either way, it looked bland compared to the other great colors IMHO. A little shading would look cool if the artist is doing any updates (seems to be the norm for most colorDMD titles).

#81 9 years ago

Asked Mr. Perlow a bunch of questions for a brief Credit Dot Pinball interview. Seems ColorDMD got the Spooky Pinball treatment the other day. Oh well, hopefully my article doesn't retrace too many steps...

PEOPLE: Randy Perlow of ColorDMD
http://creditdotpinball.com/2014/06/04/people-randy-perlow-of-colordmd/

EXCERPT: "When Ted Turner decided to colourize some of Hollywood’s classic black and white films, cinephiles were outraged. Film reviewer Roger Ebert labelled the move towards colourization “vandalism”, and further stated, “What was so wrong about black and white movies in the first place? By filming in black and white, movies can sometimes be more dreamlike and elegant and stylized and mysterious.” Nobody was this upset when Randy Perlow and Chris Enright waged an all out war on monochrome pinball displays. By installing one of their ground-breaking ColorDMDs, you too can eradicate the drab orange dots from your gameroom. "

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

#82 9 years ago

This may seem like a silly question...
I see that you order the display for the particular game. But it also seems that it's driven by firmware and that you have to program it. So the question is if I decide to sell my Fish Tales can I remove the display and put it into another game that supports it and just reprogram it? How is the display for Fish Tales different from any other display?

The thing makes me question it is that there's a product page for each game and it says you have to program it. Why would there be a separate product page for each game if all are the same product with different firmware that has be installed when it's received.

From the page:
"NOTE: Displays ship preconfigured with ColorDMD SIGMA firmware. Multicolor operation in a Tales of the Arabian Nights pinball machine requires download and installation of new firmware using a USB flash drive. Instructions for firmware update are provided, and available on the SUPPORT page of our website."

#83 9 years ago

Yep that is exactly what u can do.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from ddebuss:

Why would there be a separate product page for each game if all are the same product with different firmware that has be installed when it's received.

I admit it's a little confusing but so far we haven't come up with a better idea... the different product pages show game specific information and video demos. The display shipped is identical for all multicolor games and is also the same as the SIGMA WPC/WPC-95 display.

The only different product is SIGMA SAM/WhiteStar which also uses the identical display but includes different installation cables and hardware.

#85 9 years ago

I'm moving next week but as soon as I settle in my new house and have the pins set up this is my first purchase. I can't wait.

#86 9 years ago

Excellent. Just ordered (as you probably saw) and can't wait to get this in. It'll be in my showcase game at the Southern Fried Gameroom Expo. Already says shipped buy the delivery guy hasn't showed up yet .

Post edited by ddebuss: Accidently added image intended for another post.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from atxpinballer:

I'm moving next week but as soon as I settle in my new house and have the pins set up this is my first purchase. I can't wait.

If I buy another one of these I'll be moving also.

imagesCAU4PMSH.jpgimagesCAU4PMSH.jpg
#88 9 years ago

Has anyone hooked one up to a Rottendog board?

#89 9 years ago

Mine is hooked to a rottendog board and it working great.

#90 9 years ago

I would like to see one on Indiana Jones and TZ

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-fish-tales-as-eleventh-title-official/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.