(Topic ID: 64049)

ColorDMD Announces CFTBL As Next Title (Official Announcement)

By Dmod

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinhead76
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20131003_232006_429.jpg
TAF.JPG
WH2O.JPG
CFTBL.JPG
CFTBL.jpg

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Installation time in WPC machines? I did CFTBL first... took my sweet time, read all the instructions very carefully several times through while installing, triple checked everything... 30-35 mins. Software update? Less than 60 seconds.

I timed myself on WH2O (another WPC)... Since I'd already done one machine, the 2nd machine took all of 10 mins from start to finish. TAF took about the same amount of time. Removing Thing's light board on TAF only takes an additional min or two tops.

All in all, a super easy install with professional instructions. Hats off for this outstanding mod!

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Very nice!
So this video looks like it was taken in a machine with the speaker mod installed?Was the LCD spaced out further than normal (so when view from the front its more recessed) to avoid the speaker panel mod connectors?
When viewed in person do you notice any negative aspects of the colorDMD not being flush with the speaker panel, i.e. light leakage or very noticeable gap, etc?
Yours looks great in the video. I'd rather not have to replace the speaker mod connectors with the right angle style ones if it looks good as is.

I also left the original spacers in place, which leaves an extra 1/2" or so of space between the display and foam pad. This does let light leak in from the lamp board, particularly the flashers. I just put a taller foam pad around the display to block the light and it looks normal to me.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Very nice!
So this video looks like it was taken in a machine with the speaker mod installed?
Was the LCD spaced out further than normal (so when view from the front its more recessed) to avoid the speaker panel mod connectors?
When viewed in person do you notice any negative aspects of the colorDMD not being flush with the speaker panel, i.e. light leakage or very noticeable gap, etc?
Yours looks great in the video. I'd rather not have to replace the speaker mod connectors with the right angle style ones if it looks good as is.

Yes, this is with a Speaker Panel Mod installed. The LCD is spaced out a little further because of the connectors on the bottom, avoiding the connectors is not possible without those right angle connectors I assume. I will have my friend look into this later for me when it is convenient for him.

The most noticeable issue right now is light leak coming from above due to LEDs in the backbox. If I had regular bulbs in there the light leak would not be as bad I think. I remedied this however by sealing the gap between the LCD and the speaker panel with some electrical tape. this does a good job of blocking out all light leak.

Another thing I noticed was the black painted wood around the recessed area for the DMD is slightly showing its grain through the paint with the colorDMD installed.Might need to go into this and see how I can safely paint around the edge darker.

Second video here, disregard my commentary as I was just amazed at how pretty this thing looks in person!

#54 10 years ago

I've pm'ed mr. thompson with some possible revisions to the his speaker panel to allow the use of his panel with a colorDMD without any issues

creyes82:
you may want to look into applying a solid black vinyl decal over the recessed area to eliminate any visible wood grain

#55 10 years ago

I think TftC should be next to get the color DMD treatment!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Falls Church, VA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods
Other
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Williamston, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
€ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coalinga, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-cftbl-as-next-title-official-announcement/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.