(Topic ID: 64049)

ColorDMD Announces CFTBL As Next Title (Official Announcement)

By Dmod

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinhead76
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20131003_232006_429.jpg
TAF.JPG
WH2O.JPG
CFTBL.JPG
CFTBL.jpg
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

ColorDMD Displays is excited to announce color support for Creature from the Black Lagoon pinball machines. This marks the eight multicolor ROM to be released for the ColorDMD platform since the company’s first product release in April 2012.

This also marks the first release of a color ROM produced with community support. Kenny Hardy, a southern California pinball route operator, collector, and enthusiast, led the effort to colorize CFTBL with support provided by the ColorDMD team. Kenny owns Hardy’s Arcade and Vending (http://hardysarcade.com) and is competitive pinball player in the Orange County Pinball League.

The color ROM will be available for download from our site by October 5, 2013.

#2 10 years ago

Awesome, looks good

#3 10 years ago

Very cool. Can't wait to see one live.

#4 10 years ago

Moved to modding pinball sub forum.

#5 10 years ago

Arggghh!!! Now I have to get one! Looks great!

#6 10 years ago

Hot Pretzel...oh ya

#7 10 years ago

I think their next project should be to manufacture enough displays to keep in stock.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

I think their next project should be to manufacture enough displays to keep in stock.

Yes I agree, I am wondering if the AFM Color DMDs will be available again anytime soon?

-Riles

P.S. The CREECH graphics look sweet!

#9 10 years ago

Looks great as always!

#10 10 years ago

Very cool

This makes me want a CFTBL

#11 10 years ago

looks awesome. just wish that there had been consistancy for the movie clips.

it looks like some of them are in black&white (which I think looks awesome) while others (like when it pans up with the creature holding the girl) in color

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Riles:

Yes I agree, I am wondering if the AFM Color DMDs will be available again anytime soon?

It is the software that makes a Color DMD an AFM color DMD. So if any panels are available it can be an AFM if you want.

The problem is what to do with the green display I bought for my Creech a year ago.

#13 10 years ago

Awesome! Can't wait.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Website says displays back in stock Thursday September 26.

#15 10 years ago

Looks like I am getting my 5th.

#16 10 years ago

Very Very nice colorization. Right up there with AFM.
Can't wait to get mine... Thanks Randy

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

The problem is what to do with the green display I bought for my Creech a year ago.

Couldn't you move it to your Shadow then....lot of green in that game.

#18 10 years ago

YES~~~!

#19 10 years ago

Will the LCD fit and work ok with the tail light mod?

#20 10 years ago

Looks great! They always do. Hopefully LOTR will get one someday.

#21 10 years ago

Looks great, love the pace you're managing to keep up with releasing these, feels like Scared Stiff and Monster Bash and now this were pretty boom boom boom, as far as things in the pinball world move.

#22 10 years ago

Looks awesome! Now, just have to get my Creature....

#23 10 years ago

I love the work you guys do....

#24 10 years ago

Man I wish TAF had more animations....

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Will the LCD fit and work ok with the tail light mod?

It's going to be a tight fit. There are molex connectors across the bottom of the speaker panel of which the LCD display will be sitting right on top.

#26 10 years ago

Bad Ass!
This with the Mike D creature mod takes this game to the next levels!

#27 10 years ago

Great, great product. I can't wait for Congo and Metallica to get the ColorDMD treatment!

#28 10 years ago

Very Cool indeed. Hope it will work with the Lighted Tail light mod, that I installed this year. I already had to do lots of fitting to get the TL mod to work with my FF speakers too. Congo and LOTR would be sweet, but low production run on Congo and even fewer of them left might make it a challenge.

#29 10 years ago

Not sure what guides the decision on which games to develop color dmd but here's a vote for IJ and Shadow. Love the dmd in my WH2O and MM.

#30 10 years ago

Dammit ... Just when I think I'm done with my Creature, poof, a new product.

Tempted. So now my wish list is WH2O, TAF and CFTBL color displays. Woof, better start saving.

#31 10 years ago

Incidentally, any chance IJ is on your radar? So much going on in that display. That would be awesome.

#32 10 years ago

Are these things easy enough to install. I looked at the installation guide on the site and it seems pretty straightforward. Any gotchas?

#33 10 years ago

Simple install. This will be number 3 for me and it takes me about a half hour because I triple check everything

#34 10 years ago

Since this one was not colored by the ColorDMD team, I hope they will release another title before end of the year. I need a reason to buy a 2nd ColorDMD.

#35 10 years ago

CFTBL 2.1 COLOR ROM UP ON OUR SITE!

Lock your windows and doors. The Creature is loose!

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-pinball-machine/

Thanks again to Kenny Hardy of Hardy Arcade and Vending for all the coloring on this game!
CFTBL.jpgCFTBL.jpg

#36 10 years ago

Just bought a CFBL a few weeks ago. Can't wait to mod it!

#37 10 years ago

This is awesome! I never noticed that the Move Your Car sequence when over had bloody dead bodies. The color really enhances everything! Thank you ColorDMD and Kenny!

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

CFTBL 2.1 COLOR ROM UP ON OUR SITE!

I ordered the minute it became available, and it's due to arrive today. I can't wait to install my first ColorDMD!

#39 10 years ago

Mine is home waiting for me when I get home from work

#40 10 years ago

Installed my new color DMD earlier this week. Can't wait to get home from work to install the Creech firmware!

#41 10 years ago

ColorDMD Rom installed, this thing looks AMAZEBALLS!

#42 10 years ago

Randy, will you have another release before the end of the year???

#43 10 years ago

Received and installed three ColorDMDs this afternoon. TAF, WH2O, CFTBL. They ALL look awesome, but my wife and I both agree that CFTBL is the best of the bunch. Very cool!

Oh, and the ColorDMD kit, hardware, packing, instructions are all top shelf. VERY nicely done! If you're on the fence... Gopher it! You won't regret your purchase!

Jonathan

CFTBL.JPGCFTBL.JPG WH2O.JPGWH2O.JPG TAF.JPGTAF.JPG

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

» YouTube video

Damn that looks good. They really need to stop making these for the pins I own ... I'd have to set aside a couple grand to outfit them all.

#45 10 years ago

I got mine in. If there is such a thing as a pingasm.....I just had two. Between this display and miked's lcd hologram mod, this game is incredible! I have colordmd in creech, afm and whitewater and to pick a favorite would be like picking a favorite kid. I love them all

IMG_20131003_232006_429.jpgIMG_20131003_232006_429.jpg

#46 10 years ago

I'm in the same boat, LCD mod, ColorDMD, LED Speaker panel mod, and mega size creature topper.

#47 10 years ago

Installed the firmware for my Creech this evening, and I must concur with all the rave reviews. It's a thing of beauty. Now I just need to get the MikeD LCD mode for the hologram (I'm on the wait list for the second wave), and I'm all set!

#48 10 years ago

Got mine today, but won't be able to install it for a while.

#49 10 years ago

well... i guess this means the colorDMD Tron is next

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

» YouTube video

Very nice!

So this video looks like it was taken in a machine with the speaker mod installed?
Was the LCD spaced out further than normal (so when view from the front its more recessed) to avoid the speaker panel mod connectors?

When viewed in person do you notice any negative aspects of the colorDMD not being flush with the speaker panel, i.e. light leakage or very noticeable gap, etc?

Yours looks great in the video. I'd rather not have to replace the speaker mod connectors with the right angle style ones if it looks good as is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Boards
Slap Save Creations

€ 24.00
$ 27.95
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-cftbl-as-next-title-official-announcement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.