(Topic ID: 120038)

ColorDMD AC/DC Now Shipping - ROM Released!!!

By Dmod

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 291 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Gov
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 31 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150321_114317.jpg
20150321_114216.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
2015-03-15 11.11.22.jpg
Why_not_both.jpg
3-13-2015 2-43-04 AM.jpg
3-13-2015 2-36-00 AM.jpg
ACDC_Color.JPG
DSC_0086.JPG
IMG_4689-2.JPG
IMG_4686.JPG
IMG_4684.JPG
ACDC_HiRes_Conductor.PNG
acdc.JPG
back of new dmd.jpg

There are 291 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 4 years ago

COLORDMD ANNOUNCES GAME 18!

ColorDMD Displays is excited to introduce support for AC/DC pinball machines! AC/DC was colored by Brandon Pennington (colorist for the company's previously released Judge Dredd display) with support from Mark Jarzewiak (Doctor Who, Simpsons Pinball Party, and a supporting role on Indiana Jones). Their work on AC/DC is simply astounding!

AC/DC marks the 18th game supported by the ColorDMD platform and the first to utilize the extended shading available from SAM games. ColorDMD's unique processing combines color hues with the game's full range of dot intensities to yield up to 193 colors per frame. AC/DC represents the most rich color rendering of any game to date!

AC/DC leverages the company's easy-to-install ColorDMD SIGMA display platform, and supports five different rendering styles that include classic dots, high-resolution upscaling, tiles, 8-bit, and scan-line texturing. Multicolor operation is enabled through free download and installation of a game-specific color ROM using a USB drive. The display may be reconfigured for use with any supported title.

Display hardware is now shipping, and the color ROM will be released on or before March 13!

Thank you for your continued support! For additional information, including upcoming game previews, please visit us at www.colordmd.com!

ACDC.png

#3 4 years ago

Wow. This will be a hot seller for sure. Congrats to all you AC/DC owners!

#4 4 years ago

Yay Stern.

I think I'll tell about this to my friend who has this machine.

#5 4 years ago

Thought I was done modding my Luci but this is a must have.

#6 4 years ago

We shall see which one is better. This one or mikes.

#7 4 years ago

This title has been a lot of fun to work on. A lot of great content to work with. Stern has some great dot animations in their games. Huge props to Mark, who's help shaved months off the development time for this title! I hope everybody likes it.

#8 4 years ago

When will we see video?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

When will we see video?

Soon! As a service to the community I harassed them several times about it at league yesterday.

I AM ALWAYS WORKING FOR YOU!

#10 4 years ago

Good work, Gov. The Judge Dredd is really sharp and is an eye-catcher.

#11 4 years ago

Purchased! Another great Color DMD addition, thanks!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Purchased! Another great Color DMD addition, thanks!

I bought some spares with my TSPP - glad to see the code is being released so soon! FIIIIIIIRE!!!!

#13 4 years ago

the extended shading looks like it reallys add depth to colorization I've love to see an image with standard dots type displayed.

in my opinion, I think that the upscaling (on both colordmd and smartdmd) makes everything look like a vasoline covered mess. case and point, that hooker exiting the vehicle in the image above looks like she just broke her leg

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the extended shading looks like it reallys add depth to colorization I've love to see an image with standard dots type displayed.

ACDC_Dots_Girls.PNG
#15 4 years ago

Nice work, but hoping you havent moved away from doing B/W really want NGG I will be in for Met to if you do that.

#16 4 years ago

Awesome work once again! Can't wait to get this one. I'll likely order 2, so I'm ready for a MET release!

Any chance you'll do one of these for WOZ?? A simple colour DMD would be so much easier to follow!!

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Any chance you'll do one of these for WOZ?? A simple colour DMD would be so much easier to follow!!

That's not how this works. heh.

#18 4 years ago

Really excited for this.

Never used ColorDMD but would I be able to use it on other machines or is the DMD locked in for only AC/DC? I'm thinking if I ever sold AC/DC or wanted to use the DMD in another game I have that is colorized, would I be able to swap it out?

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

Really excited for this.
Never used ColorDMD but would I be able to use it on other machines or is the DMD locked in for only AC/DC? I'm thinking if I ever sold AC/DC or wanted to use the DMD in another game I have that is colorized, would I be able to swap it out?

yes you can!

#20 4 years ago

Does anyone know if installing colorDMD in conjunction with pinballmikeD's concert LCD mod will overload the 5v and 12v circuits like he stated the smartDMD would, and thus require a separate power supply?

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

Really excited for this.

You can use it for anything...you'd just have to update it with the ColorDMD ROM of the game you're putting it in with a USB flash drive. It takes about 15 seconds to update. You can even use it in a game that doesn't have a color ROM - it would just be monochrome but you can make it any color you want or use any of the graphics filters.

#22 4 years ago

AC/DC is pretty awesome, was hoping for Spider-Man but AC/DC was my second choice.

#23 4 years ago

Great news but what happens if there is a code update? Does it still work OK or will it then need to be reprogramed?

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Great news but what happens if there is a code update? Does it still work OK or will it then need to be reprogramed?

If the generated video frames don't look different, colordmd works as is. If there are new graphics, they would show up non-colorized and ColorDMD would have to put out an update that covers the new frames.

IF there's a code update for AC/DC that is.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

ACDC_Dots_Girls.PNG (Click image to enlarge)

Now let's see tile mode!

#26 4 years ago

Cheers

Better start saving the pennies up then. I've got one in my WH20 at the moment and love the AFM one. Fingers crossed AC/DC will be as cool

#27 4 years ago

Pre-ordered, looking forward to getting some color in my AC/DC. It's been looking a little dull between LOTR and MB with colorDMD's

#28 4 years ago

Darn...missed me again. Good news for ACDC owners though; enjoy!

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Does anyone know if installing colorDMD in conjunction with pinballmikeD's concert LCD mod will overload the 5v and 12v circuits like he stated the smartDMD would, and thus require a separate power supply?

I would like to know this also! Anyone?? I need to know if this will work with the LCD mod.

#30 4 years ago

Great news. Assuming this works for the Pro?

#31 4 years ago

I already have one in my TRON, my STLE, my IMVE and my ACDC, so now, I just need to program the ACDC and I'll be good to go.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yessir.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Installation is the same for all models. We used a premium for the reference animations. As far as we know, the animation sequences in all platforms are common but we are looking for a beta tester with a pro to confirm.

#34 4 years ago

What happens with the "live action" clips? I can see how it works well with animation, but not sure what it would be like with the train, stage etc parts.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I would like to know this also! Anyone?? I need to know if this will work with the LCD mod.

This is what Mike D posted from the other Pinside Smart DMD post about the compatibility of the AC/DC video dancing mod with ColorDMD

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-smartdmd-kits-coming-soon/page/9

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog: http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pbsupernova?ref=hl

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PinbalSupernova

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkP5URZoS8NApETWc7uBmA/feed?view_as=public

1.jpg
#36 4 years ago

If you change the songs will his break color dmd?

#37 4 years ago

Changing songs will not keep this from working properly. This was recently addressed during development but should be just fine.

#38 4 years ago

Wow, thought MET would be the first of the SAM games to get the treatment, but pleasantly surprised that it's ACDC. Now I just need to sell my original DMD so I can afford to get one. PM me if your interested in a perfectly good low use regular display. Thanks.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Wow, thought MET would be the first of the SAM games to get the treatment, but pleasantly surprised that it's ACDC. Now I just need to sell my original DMD so I can afford to get one. PM me if your interested in a perfectly good low use regular display. Thanks.

Well seeing as ACDC is sterns best seller it seemed a logical choice

#40 4 years ago

I can't wait to see the Multiball start animation in color...cuz for the life of me I can't figure out wtf the footage is in monochrome!

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Given the quantity of awesome dots in Metallica I'm not surprised ACDC was finished first!

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Given the quantity of awesome dots in Metallica I'm not surprised ACDC was finished first!

Maybe AC/DC was finished first because it's a better game.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Maybe AC/DC was finished first because it's a better game.

Look, just because you're jealous of my finely hand-crafted artisanal hammer mod doesn't mean you can't admit you want a Metallica.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Look, just because you're jealous of my finely hand-crafted artisanal hammer mod doesn't mean you can't admit you want a Metallica.

You got me!

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I can't wait to see the Multiball start animation in color...cuz for the life of me I can't figure out wtf the footage is in monochrome!

Haha, ya that one was interesting.

*spoiler* it is a train plowing into the camera

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I think I'm going to just go ahead and hack in a 12v power supply to the bill validator connector as seen in this post, unless someone advises me otherwise.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-how-do-i-re-wire-this-fgy-service-outlet-to-turn-on-off-with-the-game#post-1700290

#47 4 years ago

The ColorDMD mainly runs off 12V and draws about 0.5A but it can be more or less depending on the backlight brightness. The load on 5V is negligible as it's only used to drive the USB port and turn on the board's 1.2V regulator.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The ColorDMD mainly runs off 12V and draws about 0.5A but it can be more or less depending on the backlight brightness. The load on 5V is negligible as it's only used to drive the USB port and turn on the board's 1.2V regulator.

what is the draw from the stock DMD on the 12v, or is there any?

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

what is the draw from the stock DMD on the 12v, or is there any?

None on a newer Sam game, they run on 5v I think.

#50 4 years ago

Here are some frame grabs from the upcoming AC/DC release. The shots of the clouds and album cover really show off the extended shading effects SAM provides on the ColorDMD platform, and Brandon did a great job with some added detail!

ACDC_Dots_Jukebox.PNG
ACDC_Dots_Horns.PNG
ACDC_Dots_WarMachine.PNG
ACDC_Dots_Razor.PNG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
There are 291 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside