(Topic ID: 195754)

ColorDMD Game 63 - Champion Pub - RELEASED!!

By Dmod

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Dmod
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CP_SpittingGallery (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 10.05.53 AM (resized).png
CP (resized).png
CP_Title (resized).PNG
CP_SkillShot (resized).PNG
CP_Master (resized).PNG
CP_Knuckles (resized).PNG
CP_Armand (resized).PNG

#1 1 year ago

Game 63, Kid... Fight!

ColorDMD is excited to announce that Champion Pub is the 63rd game to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform! After all, what fun is fighting if you can't see the bruises?

CP_Title (resized).PNG

Eric Priepke goes the distance, returning with his 11th ColorDMD title! Eric's other contributions to date include No Fear, Tales from the Crypt, Junk Yard, Ripley's, The Walking Dead, Batman, Spider-man VE, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and the Flintstones. Eric went all out with this title, helping to bring unique color and character to each fighter.

CP_Armand (resized).PNGCP_Knuckles (resized).PNGCP_Master (resized).PNG

Eric resides in Wisconsin with his wife and two children. When not spending time with family, or competing at Pinburgh, Eric can usually be found contributing something to the pinball hobby. He is the author of "Cactus Canyon Continued", and an active contributor to the Pinside and P-ROC pinball discussion forums.

CP_SkillShot (resized).PNG

The ColorDMD for Champion Pub pinball machines shares the same easy-to-install hardware platform as previous ColorDMD releases. All displays ship with the factory installed SIGMA ROM that supports WPC, WPC95, SAM, Whitestar, and SPIKE platforms. Multicolor operation is enabled through download and installation of a game-specific color ROM file, available from our site. ROMs can be changed at any time, allowing use with any of our supported titles.

Displays are shipping now from our store site or through our distributors. The color ROM for Champion Pub pinball machines is targeted for release by Friday, August 18! Now, go get it Kid!

For more information, please visit us at www.colordmd.com.

#2 1 year ago

Looking good Eric. I am ready to see your next one.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Looking good Eric. I am ready to see your next one.

Prepare for disappointment!

#4 1 year ago

Life getting in the way of colorizing more games?

#5 1 year ago

Life getting in the way of colorizing more games?

Ha. No. One in the can, another in progress. The appeal of the completed one is ... limited, though.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Ha. No. One in the can, another in progress. The appeal of the completed one is ... limited, though.

Okay...okay...okay... I was hoping that is what you meant. The appeal of your next one...hmmm...that describes most Gottlieb DMD games.

#7 1 year ago

VIDEO PREVIEW!

Thanks to Eric and Chris Enright for putting this video preview together.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

One in the can, another in progress.

Looks like you are now coloring a game every 2 weeks. What a machine!!
CP video preview looks really good. Congrats on another well done game.

#9 1 year ago

Looks like you are now coloring a game every 2 weeks. What a machine!!
CP video preview looks really good. Congrats on another well done game.

It's not really that kind of schedule. NF was done for a while, CP just got finished. Time between being done and and releasing hit several factors like displays being in stock, other releases in the mix that Randy'd rather release first, etc.

#10 1 year ago

I see one problem with your video. The spit needs to be brown, that's charn' terbacker.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from maglar:

I see one problem with your video. The spit needs to be brown, that's charn' terbacker.

Hah. I hadn't even thought of that. I think more people would be confused than would get it, even though it would be accurate.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Hah. I hadn't even thought of that. I think more people would be confused than would get it, even though it would be accurate.

Yup, tough decision. When I did Popeye's Leaky Pipe scene everyone(*) asked why they were drowning in sewer sludge. But it was Oil not Water. It looked good as blue water but that is not what it is. And you can't color it black or you would not see anything.

(* "Everyone" is being used creatively here to sound like there was a lot of interest)

#13 1 year ago

Color DMD arrived and installed.

How many hours until release of the CP Rom Randy?

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Taxman:

(* "Everyone" is being used creatively here to sound like there was a lot of interest)

Seems like Champion Pub needs to be spoken of in the same regard, given how little buzz this thread got.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Color DMD arrived and installed.
How many hours until release of the CP Rom Randy?

In before the bell.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Seems like Champion Pub needs to be spoken of in the same regard, given how little buzz this thread got.

I for one appreciate your work and have had a sigma display installed for awhile now..
Thanks epthegeek

#17 1 year ago

CHAMPION PUB ROM RELEASED!

The color ROMs to support Champion Pub pinball machines has been released and is now available for download from the firmware SUPPORT page of our site. http://support_firmware.html

Thanks to Eric Priepke for his 11th ColorDMD title release! It's a knockout and we hope it is enjoyed by many CP owners!

Thanks also goes out to Brian Styles and Larry Schmidlin for their help with beta testing for the release and all the useful feedback!

CP (resized).png

#18 1 year ago

Done. Done. On to the next one.

Here's a sneak peek at the game I'm currently working on! OMG SPOILERS!

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 10.05.53 AM (resized).png

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You are a Magic Man.

#20 1 year ago

Keep'em Coming COLORDMD!

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Here's a sneak peek at the game I'm currently working on! OMG SPOILERS!

Eric you should tackle a spike title really get some buzz on that!

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Eric you should tackle a spike title really get some buzz on that!

The ones everybody wants are being worked on (of course) by other people but are complicated (of course) so will take some time.

I had the crap kicked out of me on TWD, so I'm taking it easy on older stuff.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The ones everybody wants are being worked on (of course) by other people but are complicated (of course) so will take some time.
I had the crap kicked out of me on TWD, so I'm taking it easy on older stuff.

All good! Any that you do are greatly appreciated. Thank you

5 months later
#24 1 year ago

CHAMPION PUB ROM UPDATE

The color ROM for Champion Pub has been updated and is available for download on the firmware support page of our site. The update fixes a minor bug in the Spitting Gallery video mode.

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

Thanks to Eric Priepke for the update!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Honeoye Falls, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
5,199 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Kalamazoo, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Cleveland, TN
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside