(Topic ID: 154819)

ColorDMD: Aargh, Game 36 Be 'Ere! -- POTC RELEASED!!!

By Dmod

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jorro
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

POTC (resized).jpg
POTC_Title_(resized).PNG
c31fa025247f9f334fed045e2ff94dc1f1690717.jpeg_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160324_160802891_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160324_160913859_(resized).jpg
potcROM_(resized).JPG
Screen_Shot_2016-03-23_at_9.13.43_PM_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
Screen_Shot_2016-03-23_at_7.17.13_PM_(resized).png
IMG_1017_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160322_164710019_(resized).jpg
Screen_Shot_2016-03-23_at_4.20.25_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-03-23_at_4.24.12_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-03-22_at_2.37.53_PM_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwwhite15.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago

Super excited about this! Awesome!! Ordered, thanx

1 week later
#45 8 years ago

YES!!! Headed home for lunch and to install the new firmware!!!

#54 8 years ago

So what do ya'll think? My initial response is OUTSTANDING!! I love this mod and the colors are great…
If I was to give some advice here it is…and please let me know if I am out of line. I don't know that I like the yellow screen when you start the ball count to spell H-E-A-R-T and I don't don't know if I like the yellow score numbers.
Again, not trying to poop on your product cause it is great and I am super excited you chose POTC! Thanx for your product to improve Pinball!!

3 weeks later
#57 8 years ago

Has anyone had any "issues" during or since installing these? I am kind of surprised at the lack of response from these guys about some issues that occurred. I would think I at least deserve a response since I paid the money I did for their product...

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Sorry missed the email. Response sent.
The issue is his 12V fuse is blowing after long periods of the game remaining on. Don't recall hearing other issues with blown fuses on Stern games so could be something particular to this game or display.

No worries, maybe the email was lost. I am glad you responded here. I probably should just say the issue wasn't a colordmd problem and move on but I guess I will share my thoughts and story.

First off I have to admit after exchanging PMs with Jeff I was super excited about my purchase and the product's performance…especially after hearing everything that goes into the colordmd process. I found the problem and haven't had any issues since (I will get to that in a second). I was just a little concerned that I did not receive a response. I was thinking about purchasing another colordmd for my popeye and was really just looking for a little reach out.
I have a back box LED board, lighted flipper buttons, speaker LEDs, and under cab LEDs that I tapped into the flasher circuit for hitting the ship…so not too much. When I first installed the dmd it blew both my 12v fuses. Jeff told me that he had that happen to him before and that it wasn't totally uncommon. Ok, cool. I finished the installation and moved forward. About 6 hours later I went back to the POTC, which had been on but not played, and the dmd was off, the game wouldn't start. i pulled the BG and both the 12v fuses were blown.
Long story short, I am a bone head and I guess my eyes aren't what they use to be…I had .5 amps instead of 5 amps installed. Wow, that 12v circuit isn't running very many amps when idle is it?
So there you go, not really an issue due to the colordmd but I didn't know that when I sent the email of concern. Not here to cause problems or dis this product because it is great. I was just getting concerned that an issue might have been ignored.

1 week later
#68 7 years ago

Question, when completing the port royal/Tortuga lock does the adjust, or utility not sure which it is, menu tab sometimes show up at the same time as "timed lock is lit"? I say sometimes because I feel it doesn't do it every time. Not a big deal just wondering if any one else is seeing this.

LOVE the product BTW...on the mailing list for when inventory is replenished.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 218.00
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwwhite15.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-aargh-game-36-be-ere?tu=jwwhite15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.