DSC_0084.JPG
DSC_0082.JPG
DSC_0081.JPG
Customized Art.png
Flames - Modified  Art.png
Flames - Origianl Art.png
Angus - Dots.png
Angus Upscaled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 9 years ago

Not sure that comparing one title is exactly fair. The color choices come down to whoever colorized it.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is simple. The ColorDMD video was shown with just dots. So there's a lot of black space on the screen, and it looks dimmer. The SmartDMD video showed off all the different modes, and most of them fill in more, so there's less black. So it looks brighter.
That said, if you look at the SmartDMD dots, they're fatter than the ColorDMD dots. It's like the jump from plasma to LED DMDs, the dots got bigger. So I do think the SmartDMD dots feel a little brighter. IMHO now that ColorDMD is doing SAM games they should add a fatter dot mode, to match the feel of LED DMDs. That's easy, just like they did 8-bit and tile modes in the last update.
They both use LCD screens that are probably roughly the same, I don't think either one is actually brighter from a physical hardware standpoint.

That is dependent on what "dots" the user choses. SmartDMD allows you to pick the dot shape. You can drastically change the size and shape of each dot.

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I edited the thread title to say PMD SmartDMD, since I guess SmartDMD is already a totally different product idea. Too confusing. And I guess you can buy a SmartDMD from Mike, but then not use his color files. I dunno, this is supposed to be about off the shelf color for ACDC, and further games in the future that are SAM, and that's it, hopefully that's clear. Because now I have a headache.

The title should really just leave SmartDMD out of this. This isn't a comparison of its features at all. You are comparing ACDC ColorDMD to ACDC with PMD.

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

???
They both have ACDC, it's the obvious (and only) way to directly compare them right now. This is about Mike's PMD SmartDMD and ColorDMD. Yes, SmartDMD is a different product also, but that's a different topic for more DIY people. Not my fault the branding is confusing.

You are comparing PMD's coloring of ACDC to ColorDMD. Yes you can compare the technical aspects of it, but read through the amount of disinformation in this thread. Worse yet you post in other threads with half baked information. In short, you do more harm than good.

1 week later
#353 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

It's almost like we need a thread dedicated to comparing these things directly and clearing up confusion...

It is more like Aurich needs to stop posting altogether. He posted in other threads with misinformation. I do not think it was intentional, but at this point he has offended one side. There is little to be gained from dealing with him further.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

17,000 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorddmd-vs-smartdmd-comparison?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.