DSC_0084.JPG
DSC_0082.JPG
DSC_0081.JPG
Customized Art.png
Flames - Modified  Art.png
Flames - Origianl Art.png
Angus - Dots.png
Angus Upscaled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calvin12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

IMO, what would be even better would be to offer an interactive web-based voting and pre-order system on the company website.
Stage 1 - allow visitors to vote for which titles they'd like to see colorized.
Stage 2 - for the titles that reach a certain threshold of votes from stage 1, the system would move those titles into a finalist group and allow visitors to place pre-orders with a minimal down-payment, say $50-$100? (only refundable if title doesn't get released for some reason). If I were at the helm, I'd even offer a discount to all those that pre-order a title since I'd be able to plan my inventory and purchasing better.
Stage 3 - Have a 'bounty board' where enthusiastic visitors could post a bounty, which would be payable to the colorization person/team once title released. Think of it as an incentive, donation or tip. This could be an optional +add during the pre-order part of stage 2. Using bounties, perhaps we'll have a better shot at getting low production quantity games like Champion Pub, Cactus Canyon, Playboy 2002, and others colorized.

how about if you don't like which ones are being dome you come up with your own platform and make your own system and color the ones you want.

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

How about you leave your negative feedback out of this topic? After all, I was merely trying to offer suggestions that I honestly felt would better the products, market strategy and ultimately the hobby.... jeeze.
Here... allow me to send some sunshine up there to Downer's Grove,IL. Maybe you'll be less of a downer with some vitamin D warming your bones, even if just virtual sunshine....
delray_beach.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

It's a balmy and sunny 32 here, I have all the sun I need. Let them do their thing, they are pumping out products fast as it is.it you want a particular one and they are not doing it, do it yourself. They are letting people do that now.

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

My friend... you missed the point AGAIN.
It is NOT about what I want. It was about setting up an online system to gauge real interest from the community as a whole.
Successful companies DO listen to their customers - it is why they have focus groups, user groups and why product managers attend trade shows when their company has an exhibit/booth.

I don't miss the point at all. Colordmd seemed to be a pretty successful doing the games they wanted at startup. They have note opened it up to let other people do stuff, still successful. They seem to be doing fine without you telling them how to determine what games to do, and a load it games have been done.

#247 9 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

thats great and all except unless CDMD blessed you with the tools to make art on it you are SOL like the rest of us... so you are stuck with whatever they came up with...
with SDMD *ANYONE* can edit it... sure they might not have the same creative freedom that CDMD developers have but they have some since they don't have the locked down platform that CDMD has

If they didn't exist you'd be "stuck" with what Williams it stern gave you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

16,500 (Firm)
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calvin12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorddmd-vs-smartdmd-comparison?tu=calvin12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.