5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by vongator
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 161 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

twd-bg.IMG_20160507_112724_(resized).jpg
twd-pf.IMG_20160507_112528_(resized).jpg
twd-cab.IMG_20160507_112903_(resized).jpg
IMG_6271_(resized).JPG
IMG_6273_(resized).JPG
IMG_6274_(resized).JPG
IMG_6275_(resized).JPG
IMG_6276_(resized).JPG
IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

I have a Fish Tales that might be for sale, trade, or possibly neither.

Slight fading on the cab, otherwise in good shape and plays 100%.

Interested in a TZ above all else, but realize that probably would be a separate deal.

Hanging on to it for a while.

1 month later
#67 5 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

There's a Twilight Zone listed on CL Pueblo. I don't know the seller and haven't seen the pin in person.

I called about this on Monday, and the seller immediately emailed me pics. I told him I would come get it and he said I was third in line, then emailed me the next morning to say it had sold on Monday night. Not sure why it hasn't been taken down yet.

2 weeks later
#105 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I'll get some pictures tonight or tomorrow, but if anyone is interested in an above average STTNG with about $500 in mods let me know. Very nice art, very nice play field, neither are prefect but very nice. The game is fully working.
Mods include:
Light up LED flipper buttons
Cannon lasers
Pinbits shaker motor
Cointaker LEDs in inserts and backbox
Mirror blades
I'd like to get $4,000 for it.
I've got a move coming so I'm looking to thin the heard a bit.

We need to meet at some point - or maybe I already know who you are but don't know your username? With how often you're selling games, I can guarantee that I'll buy one of yours eventually.

Edit: I meant this to be a response to jfh

2 weeks later
#129 5 years ago

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm looking for a South Park.

#138 5 years ago

Less than 24 hours later:

Quoted from Leeb18509:

Anything else for sale in CO? I have a guy who can pick up tomorrow.

I like your style.

1 month later
#217 5 years ago
Quoted from 6T9Judge:

I have a HUO Haunted House that was photographed and pictured in "The Complete PINBALL BOOK" by, Marco Rossignoli.

That's your living room, isn't it? I like your style.

1 week later
#237 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Hey gang -
I'm relatively new to these forums, but I have been keeping my eye on FS/FT in Colorado. And I can't believe how little inventory there is here in our state vs mid Atlantic/ New England.

I've always imagined this has something to do the mid Atlantic / New England area having 10 to 20 times as many people in roughly the same amount of space.

Quoted from Elicash:

Especially around christmas season. Is this normal for our region? Do most of you end up buying games without playing them and shipping from other parts of the country?

I've done this twice when wanting specific games. Since then I've tried to be more patient and flexible with what games I buy.

1 month later
#347 4 years ago
Quoted from Switch:

Last Chance for me to find a Black Rose for my wife for Valentines day.

The card practically writes itself!

2 weeks later
#396 4 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

I've had same problem in past of emailing and getting no replies.

Me too.

2 weeks later
#457 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

denver.craigslist.org link
Star Trek

Not sure if that's the same one, but haven't we seen STTNG posted quite a bit on craigslist in that same price range lately?

1 week later
#524 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hey CO people...
I will be out in yout beautiful area from Sat-Tuesday.
What is the good word? Anything fun happening I should be sure to check out?
Any pinball gatherings?
I am planning to hit Lyons on Sunday for an obligatory visit, but aside from that my schedule is pretty open. Anyone want to play pinball?

I'm not aware of anything going on, but if you're going to stop by Press Play in Boulder - let me know and I'll come play if I can.

#527 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What is the current game list at PressPlay?
SM, Getaway, T2, XM, tron, acdc, dh, ij, and met?
that is what it appears on the website.
Are Saturday evenings too packed? That may be something perfect since it will be close by after a 15hr drive out on friday night/sat morn.

Oh man, I don't have control over their site, but will try and get them to change that. I have it updated on the Pinside map. Current lineup is: JD, AFM, TAF, LOTR, FT, TSPP, SS, ST, TWD, SM.

Open till 2am...starting around 9 or 10pm, the dance floor will be *packed*...however the pins are in a room in the back that doesn't get any through traffic (though you have to cross the dance floor to get there). People will wander into the room, play a few games, and then leave. There will be loud music, but you'll have the room to yourself for long stretches of time. Another factor is that spring break starts Friday, so I think that would mean less people than normal.

(Sorry all for the thread de-rail).

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Opinions on what this wh20 is worth?

Buy this one instead and save $1,150: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-white-water-williams-1993-1994

Edit: Ha! It's actually the same one.

#583 4 years ago

I know Mirage Games feels they are being treated unfairly on Craigslist, but if I were them, I would just wait a week before posting again. Hopefully that will break the endless cycle of flagging.

#586 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

LOL...that CL fighting is embarrassing. Sounds like their games are a bit trashed and overpriced though. It's a free country and a free market so not sure why it bugs people that they try to sell them that way.

The objection is that they spam the hell out of Craigslist. I've flagged them before...they used to post every machine individually, like 10 or 15 at once...and list as "for sale by owner". I even had the courtesy to write them and tell them why.

So now, they rightfully believe it's okay to have one post up, but it gets flagged down, then they post again the same day, and it gets flagged again because all you ever see is them at the top of search. It's not clear to me why they don't just wait a week before posting again.

#591 4 years ago

Not sure why I never thought about adding "by owner" to my search query, but if you do that, you won't get Mirage ads anymore

2 weeks later
#623 4 years ago

Is anyone interested in vids? Would love to get an EM or early solid state pin.

3 weeks later
#682 4 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

A WH20 on location is very rare. Pretty exciting news for 1Up fans.

I had it in my mind that they perform below average on location, but I hope I'm wrong, because I'd love to add one in at Press Play some day.

#684 4 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Have one at Lyons Classic Pinball 50 cents a play all day long.

Of course - that's where my wanting came from!

3 weeks later
#748 4 years ago
Quoted from dave635:

Looking for a Simpson's Pinball Party if anyone knows of one for sale. Thanks!

The one that I maintain at Press Play in Boulder is for sale. It belongs to Karen, of Pinball Jones fame. fortcollins.craigslist.org link

It's in good shape and plays 100%. Come take a look: 4pm-2am weekdays, and noon-2am weekends.

2 months later
#875 4 years ago

Looking for modern machines to put into Press Play in Boulder - gotta keep my regulars and league players happy. Need half a dozen or so over the next 9 months, so always on the lookout. Not willing to pay extra for pristine examples - they're going into a bar after all!

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Police Force on CL for cheap...unless it's a fake ad

Emailed about it at 11pm last night with my email and phone number. No response yet. Haven't played that game before, but for $200, why not?

2 weeks later
#899 4 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

I'd love to get a ST:TNG although right now first priority is trying to find a nice Stern Spide-rman for my wife. It's her favorite pin and would like to find her one that won't need any work other than some minor cleaning up.

The SMVE rumors are so strong right now. Not willing to wait a little to see if it happens?

#911 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

so who is selling some games to buy a GoT?
let me have your system 11s

And I'll take any leftover dmds.

#913 4 years ago

I should have added "...that will do well on location".

JM is one of the worst, from what I've heard. Which makes me sad because it was once on my wishlist.

2 months later
#1066 4 years ago

Those Party Zone photos do not do it justice! A nice looking machine.

1 month later
#1136 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am considering purchasing a Game Of Thrones Premium. Does anyone have a LE or Premium (not sure if they are shipping yet) that I can possibly play? I played the pro at the 1UP and enjoyed it but really need to get some time on an LE/Premium in order to make a comparison and decision. If I do decide to pick one up I may be letting go of my one of a kind custom modded to the tee World Poker Tour(probably the nicest one in existence). Not sure on pricing yet but if you are interested maybe shoot me a PM. I have a couple people that are interested from out of state, but would prefer a local deal first.

I paid for a Premium, but don't know anything about the status of when it will arrive. I'll let you know when I get it.
Lyons Classic Pinball is due an LE, but that hasn't arrived either...though I'm pretty sure LE's will arrive before Premiums.

I'd love a World Poker Tour at some point, but I'm only interested at the low end of pricing.

4 weeks later
#1223 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I have 5 sheets of PDI glass left over from a large shipment I bought. The glass is new, still wrapped from the factory. I also have one sheet of used PDI left.
I'm tired of running my Craigslist ad and need closet space so I'll gladly reduce the price. You will not find a better price anywhere.
Same for the NIB Blackout reproduction backglass on CL. Make me an offer.
thanks

I might be able to be convinced. I can't handle the glare on some of my modern Sterns with the fluorescent tube backbox lighting.

2 weeks later
#1262 3 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Supposedly the monitor doesn't work, so I'll need to research that. Wish me luck!

In my experience it's either "just a fuse"...or re-cap the monitor chassis...or fail the re-cap and buy a chassis off ebay.

#1292 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I have a rare sample version CV I'll consider selling

Gasp!!! Say it ain't so!

#1321 3 years ago
Quoted from RabidBunny:

I had started arcade machine collecting about a year ago. So far working on those has been OK, but concerned fixing a pinball machine will be a bit more difficult.

That's where I was when I started pinball. Pinball machines have way more problems than vids, but they're easier to learn to fix (and most of the problems are smaller than what is required of recapping monitors or board repair).

2 weeks later
#1357 3 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Whats the word on the ACDC Pro thats been for sale for like a month now. Surprised it's lasted this long. Was it routed? I know it was listed for 4,000... is he being firm on 4,200 now?

I don't see it anymore, is it still listed?

I bought one from him, but he had two. I guess I bought it quick enough that he decided to ask for more on the other? The one I got had been routed since it came out NIB. It got so little play that he could have advertised it as HUO and I wouldn't have known the difference. But, I didn't see the other one, so I can't speak to its condition.

#1359 3 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Same pics I was responding to. Not sure if that was the one I got, but I picked it up from a garage.

#1361 3 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

He emailed me back and said he no longer had one for sale. My acdc will just have to wait. Pinball Jones doesn't have acdc anymore do they?

Seems like they don't have it anymore, but plenty of other places to play. Take a look: http://pinballmap.com/colorado

I'll have mine on location in Boulder eventually. Besides the ugly Angus face, I'm *really* enjoying the Pro. It's faster than the premium/LE, especially when you get balls rocketing off the standups.

3 weeks later
#1445 3 years ago

I'm also doing a GB launch party in Boulder. Press Play, 6:30pm on Saturday April 30th. The bar is 21+ after 7pm, but you can come any time earlier in the day and still participate. Mine is going to be more of a party, with several small side tournaments. If this is your first event at Press Play, you get 15 free games*!

https://www.facebook.com/events/252704955069630

* assuming you have an iOS or Android device that can download the PayRange app

#1446 3 years ago

Also, Baiter mentioned this to me today...should we have a dedicated thread for Colorado events? Or maybe something outside of Pinside? A weekly email might be pretty awesome - so as to include those not on Facebook or Pinside.

#1452 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Explain side tournaments please.

I still have plenty of time to make stuff up, but currently I'm thinking a bunch of no entry fee events where I'll kick in money for the winners:

1) High score tournament on Ghostbusters. Play as many times you want up until 9:30. There should probably be a quick finals (top 4?) since I believe there is an official trophy at stake. $20 for 1st, $10 for 2nd, $5 for 3rd.

2) Play Twilight Zone with covered flippers you can't see. Unlimited tries also? $20 to the winner.

3) Split flipper event. Random partner if feasible. High score competition on Wheel of Fortune - 3 tries max? Top two teams play a finals. $20 to winning team.

Open to other fun suggestions...

Movie will be showing. Free pizza.

#1463 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

It's not perfect. It only shows stuff that is IFPA approved with WPPR points, etc. The league does not.
I also notice that the Lyons Spring Classic is not listed. I think it's Memorial Day weekend. Lyons's site shows 5/27-28. PAPA has it as 5/29. Not sure, never been to that one.
http://www.lyonspinball.com/events.htm

It's always a Friday & Saturday event...5/27 & 5/28 is correct.

1 month later
1 week later
#1612 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I have an Escalera to sell, new battery, charger, good shape, it's the 66" model (the one in the middle, the three sizes are 60", 66" and 72")
Looking for $1,100 if anyone is interested let me know. I can bring it and meet you at the show.

PM Sent.

2 months later
#1767 3 years ago

I'm selling my Lectro-truck stair climbing dolly. Has dutifully moved pins up and down stairs a few dozen times. $1200.

#1770 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Do you know the model #?

It doesn't have a model number on it (other than saying it's good for 1500 pounds), but after comparing to the others on their site, it's this one: http://www.lectrotruck.com/lta6512e-specs.html

1 week later
#1788 3 years ago

Not sure why it isn't more obvious from their site, but http://boulderarcadefactory.com/ makes/builds/sells multicades.

I believe prices are in the mid $1k range. They do stand up cabs, cocktails, and I'm sure you can pay more for some customization.

#1797 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Anyone have an HUO Ghostbusters Pro they want to sell for $4000?

My experience is that it's hard to save more than a few hundred bucks buying modern Sterns...even if they have been routed and are a few years old. GB was $5k+ for anyone who bought it.

#1813 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

how many of you are going to Dory?

Me! Just posted the official event post last night: https://www.facebook.com/events/1755540688043808/

Would love to see everyone there - last year we had over 50 people. It's worth coming even if you aren't into playing tournaments.

#1827 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What other things do we need to bring logistically? Are there tarps for blocking in games to keep them safe? extension cords?
We are traveling from quite the distance and the ride is packed so we will need to be effecient but want to have what we need.

I've been twice, brought a pin each time, and only had a campsite each time (and thus had to bring a tent and sleeping bag).

An extension cord for each game is good to have...they seem to be almost always needed. Tarps, also somewhat required. If the weather is not great, you'll need them. If the weather is great, you'll also need them to block out glare from the sun. Just a cheap tarp or two that you could staple to a wood cabin.

Other than that, I bring: sunscreen, sunglasses, clothes for warm weather (could be 70s and hot sun during the day) and cold weather (it will be 30's or 40's at night at 9000 feet), a container for drinking water out of (there are spigots), and food. I haven't slept in a cabin so I'm not sure what the bedding situation is - I'm guessing it's BYO?

But, I'm pretty low maintenance, so maybe you'd get a different opinion from someone else. There is one of those campground type convenience stores on-site, so you can get general camping stuff & snacks from there if needed. Although I wouldn't count on extension cords or tarps

4 months later
#2012 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawker1:

What do you think about the remakes?

I can't tell the difference. I've heard plenty of people complain that it "doesn't play the same" though, so I guess it depends on how picky you are. I think it plays like a NIB game. Been considering one for a while now to put on route, but hard to pull the trigger because I could buy nearly any other game ever made for the same price, or (usually) much less.

3 weeks later
#2042 2 years ago

If you weren't aware, jackpotjanet and I took over Comet Pinball back in July, and moved it from Florida to Boulder. We're looking for some extra help at the Comet office/warehouse. Anywhere from 10-40 hours, depending on availability/skills. It's not a glamorous job ($10-$15), but we have pinball machines in the office, more bulbs that you can ever possibly need, free pinball lessons (if desired), and a view of a little courtyard with trees, grass, and the occasional bunny.

The type of stuff we need help with, in increasing order of complexity: picking orders, making boxes, putting away inventory, shipping orders. If you're here a lot, have good computer skills, and gain familiarity with the product, then there is the opportunity for more interesting work!

This job is open to non-pinheads as well. But either way, we're interested in people who are looking for something consistent, not just extra work for a few weeks. We work as a team to get the orders out quickly, efficiently, and often while listening to Zeppelin (or the music of your choice).

We also really want to thank everyone for being so supportive of Comet. Lots of orders have been coming in from first time Colorado customers wanting to support the home team!!

#2052 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have 6 or 7 sheets of standard playfield glass. Used, but very good/excellent condition. Boxed and free to anyone that wants to pick up.

The Comet office could use one.

Might take me a few days before I could come pick it up, so no problem if someone else grabs it first.

#2053 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Im looking to Purchase an existing collection. Id like to purchase 10 games. is there anyone in the CO area looking to sell their collection or part of their collection.

This is awesome. Please update us on what happens with this!

1 week later
#2070 2 years ago

I'm selling a Battlezone arcade game that plays blind. The monitor would previously work after it warmed up a bit, but now does not come on. I haven't tried to fix it - I've got too many pinball repairs to do. PM for more info.

4 months later
#2304 2 years ago

Thinking about selling my POTC for whatever seems to be the fair price. Plays great. Full LED job. Probably some nicks on the cabinet, but playfield looks great. Not in a hurry.

#2313 2 years ago

Dialed In has arrived! Come play it now or show up on Wednesday around 7pm for a party with prizes and fun friendly side game competitions.

#2315 2 years ago

Sorry, duh. Dialed In is at Press Play in downtown Boulder right now. 4pm-2am during week. 12pm-2am in weekends.

Tomorrow night the Colorado Pinball Collective will be streaming strategy and gameplay on it, so it might be somewhat occupied from 7pm-9pm.

3 weeks later
#2342 2 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Would you consider a 2 for 1 trade for a WWE LE?

Maybe. WWELE and what else for a Star Wars or Aerosmith?

3 weeks later
#2381 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Planning to hit up Lyons on Thursday afternoon/early evening if anyone wants to say hi.

That's the final league night for MHPL...so, lots of people will be there.

Starts at 7:30pm. The league only uses 5 machines per night, so although it will be crowded, most of the other games will be open. See you there!

1 week later
#2391 2 years ago

Please borrow my Escalera for moving 10 machines up a set of stairs. This is the 21st century...take advantage of robot labor!

1 week later
1 week later
#2424 2 years ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

"For the fagglipps that's flagging my swords of fury add I want to thank you , while u where flagging my add and I was re listing it , it sold today , this is what's happen when you try to fuck with me and my karma world , I'll rip your fucking asshole apart son ! Thanks again for the sale karma Too bad you don't have the balls to call or see me in the eye fool

If this doesn't make you feel confident about show up at a strangers house with a pocket full of cash, then I don't know what will.

2 months later
#2564 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Comet and Ryan have their Black Friday sale going on, can't beat Comet for any LEDs. Support local CO company and a good guy.
http://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1894.htm

Awww, shucks...thanks! Today is some sort of "buy local" day apparently. Pretty sure we're the only local place to buy pinball leds.

1 week later
#2597 2 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Question: I want to see two games in the Denver area: Big Bang Bar and Big Lebowski (the BIGS).
Is there anywhere I can see these? I don't need to play them, but I would like to see an expert play them to learn how desirable they would be to me.

Both of these were recently live streamed by the Colorado Pinball Collective. You can find them here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxstOqZ_UcVxlkVO9_PKagg/videos

I haven't watched either of them, but the players they have on the show are generally quite excellent, and they do a good job of explaining rules, etc.

3 weeks later
#2653 2 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Fish Tales $ 6000.00 better jump before it sells.
cosprings.craigslist.org link

At least we know the factory settings are capable of being restored.

#2676 2 years ago

The Gunbarrel league is actually for points, but that doesn't mean it's any less appropriate for new players. First season, half of the players were first timers. We did go over rule for one game each week with those who showed up early.

There are first time players in The Lyons league, and there will be several in my upcoming Boulder league.

I just wanted to emphasize that any local league that I've been in or heard of is totally appropriate for someone who has never played competitively before. They're generally all arranged so that you play the players closest to you in ability each week. Most of your direct opponents are happy to share game knowledge, and if they aren't, most of the players in other groups would.

Even if you aren't some super outgoing person, anyone who is really excited about pinball should give it a try at least once. Everyone there will share your pinball passion, and the hobby becomes a whole different world when you start making flesh and blood pinball friends.

4 weeks later
#2767 1 year ago

everythings for sale at the right price

Birthday tournament trophies?

#2778 1 year ago

This thread will be 10x better if we can set aside that particular debate.

#2781 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Yep super silly when all we should be debating is why Congo is the greatest game ever made by 10x more than any other game and the 2nd best movie ever made as well

What's #1? The Big Lebowski?

#2818 1 year ago
Quoted from Snorzel:

I need to get up to Lyons and make a day out if it, never been

I'm amazed that there are pinheads who haven't been there yet. Make sure to look at their hours first...I continually meet people who say they showed up on days of the week when LCP is closed.

3 weeks later
#2866 1 year ago

Might be time to sell my Simpsons DE. It's in great shape, and plays 100%. When I got it a year ago, it was in a basement for 20+ years, barely being played (but still working great). Don't have a ton of pics, but there is a little wear by where the ball exits the shooter lane, and same where the ball enters the spinner area. The rest is factory mylar.

I believe there are two missing plastics, and one other that is cracked. Perfect mirrored backglass. Has Comet LEDs in backbox, GI, and inserts...but not flashers (because, putting LEDs into all 47 flashers would probably blind anyone who played it).

On location at Gunbarrel Brewing right now, so you can play it if you want without needing to coordinate.

Message me for more info.

2 weeks later
#2892 1 year ago

Pm sent, I might be able to use some parts for my homebrew project

I could use that plastic that goes over the center bank of standups.

#2894 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Dave will be happy to sell it for $50 I'm sure.

Maybe an IFPA best of 7 challenge match would be more exciting?

1 month later
#3042 1 year ago

At the risk of re-igniting the debate...I'd pay $40 per pin all day long if someone wants to move games of mine between locations in Boulder. PM me if you're interested.

1 week later
#3061 1 year ago

Does anyone locally rebuild monitor chassis?

Edit: I've fixed them before. In this case, I don't want to know how to do it myself. I want to give them to someone and have them come back working.

#3065 1 year ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Congrats on NY....

Thanks! Really fell apart at the last moment, but went quite well otherwise.

#3079 1 year ago

Star Wars has been the number 1 earner at my location since it arrived. Iron Maiden is about even with it this past month, but after the newness wears off, Star Wars will still be undisputed top earner.

1 week later
#3101 1 year ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Anyone want to buy a DMD glare eliminator? I have 2 and do not want these. I thought I was buying the plastic slide in glare guards and have no need for these as I have color DMD’s. Got them from Comet Pinball. $10 each. I’ll be at the RMPS Saturday.

If they're still wrapped up and unused, bring them to our table at the showdown and we'll buy 'em back from you. Did you already buy the slide in ones? If not, I could probably find two to trade you.

#3111 1 year ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Tried a couple of the above mentioned ones.........they lasted about 24-48 hours and then the little 2 sided tape that holds them on to each vertical end of your DMD let loose and they had fell off and slid down my machine...........:0(( was disappointing,grabbed up my bent plastics I got from Kim back before the bent plastic drama-

That sucks. Come by our booth and ask for me and I'll give you your money back. I've actually not heard this complaint from anyone else, so I'm wondering if maybe you got bad tape, or had a dirty dmd, or something was wet? I've had these on a few games for over a year so far with no issues.

1 month later
#3151 1 year ago

Wanted to make a quick mention about the Front Range Team League, in case you haven't heard about it through other channels. It starts two weeks from yesterday, runs on Tuesdays at 7:30pm. Teams of 6 players. Half the weeks you will host another team at your home venue, and the other half will be away games at another venue. There is an A Division, and a B Division. A Division has a salary cap to balance out teams and made up mostly of people who are regulars at the larger local monthlies. B Division is for everyone else. If you're thinking "I'm not that good", let me say that there are some total newbies in the B Division.

We've got 10 full teams so far:

A Division: Pinball Jones, Press Play, Colfax, Blizzard Mountain (x2), Dead Hippie Brewery / Coal Mine.

B Division: Pinball Jones, Pinball Jones Campus West, Tilt, Wonderland.

If you'd like to put together a team, reach out to me. If you'd like to join a team, but don't have five other people for it, reach out to me. If you'd like to be a sub for another team...you guessed it: reach out to me.

My dream is that this league grows each season, serves as another way to get people involved in the local pinball scene, and that having different divisions will provide an outlet for all players, no matter where they are on the spectrum of skill and competitiveness.

2 months later
#3276 1 year ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Anybody want to trade a nice Avatar pro plus cash for either TWD or Iron Maiden (pro models)?

Since I got excited for no reason, and want to clear this up for others:

yuriijos wants to trade *his* Avatar, for *your* TWD or IMDN.

2 weeks later
#3329 1 year ago

The answer to “where can I play [insert specific game]?” is always: google “Colorado pinball map”. You can select a specific game and it will give you all the locations.

We have pretty widespread adoption of this in Colorado, and the map can be added to by anyone. If something is missing or stale, please take it upon yourself to get things up to date!

#3338 1 year ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Any on location anywhere?

No.

I suppose there could be one but: it's not listed on Colorado Pinball Map, nor the Pinside Map, and I've never met anyone who has played one on location in Colorado.

1 month later
#3411 1 year ago

In the last year or so, I've probably had four or five people ask me to help them "buy a game".

It's always first time buyers, and I can see how they might want a helping hand since most perceive Craigslist or a distant seller on Ebay to be their only option.

I've got enough going on maintaining my own games and moving them around that I don't want to start doing something like that on the side. But at the same time, it would be great to be able to help these people!

I think it would involve figuring out a machine or range of machines they are interested in, finding the machine, and doing delivery/setup. Maybe in some ways, it would be like being a realtor for people buying pinball machines. Is there anyone out there who would want to provide this as a service? I think you could make a little bit of money on the side doing this for newbies and charging by the hour.

Discuss.

#3422 1 year ago

i think these people are always going to be needy and bug you for help. they need to man up and figure it out. do their own research, reach out for help (either here, or to someone they know in the hobby like you) but not rely on others to do everything for them. this is why i passed haha

owning a pin is not for the faint of heart. if you really want to be in this hobby they will need to start learning the ins and outs and how to fix at least basic things, etc. if they cant even find a machine and set it up themselves its gonna be a long road.

So..."get off my lawn"?

There's nothing wrong with someone wanting to pay for a few guitar lessons even though the resources exist for them to learn it on their own.

I've helped good friends for free before, and it will happen again in the future. I wish I could help everyone, but I can't. There are some people willing to pay a little bit for this, and I could have made many referrals by now.

I'm not asking anyone to step up and do it, just suggesting there is a market for it. Just like there is a market for pinball repair house calls. Let's not turn this into a pinball gatekeeping kind of thing.

#3423 1 year ago

Somewhat relatedly, is there anyone who would transport machines locally, for money?

#3426 1 year ago

Sorry for offending you infinitelives. I'm very aware of all good things you do for pinball.

I'm not hell bent on charging people to get into the hobby, and I'm bummed that my posts have been interpreted that way.

#3428 1 year ago

im gonna use this a bulletin board material ala Michael Jordan and take it to you when we play head to head next

Good. You'll need it!

#3435 1 year ago

Totally. Game Exchange is a great option.

3 weeks later
#3467 1 year ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

Joe is trying to selling his really nice LOTR on CL and looking for a SPP. Might try a trade . . .

What is SPP?

1 month later
#3604 10 months ago

A few games on the chopping block:

Wheel of Fortune, Dialed In, Indiana Jones (Stern). First two are in great shape. Indiana Jones has some pretty solid wear around the magnet.

Haven't done my homework yet on pricing but I'm usually buying/selling for fair prices. Message me if you're interested.

Might be interested in trades, might not. Primarily interested in stuff that would earn well on location (that I don't already have). I really dig TNA, but worried it'll just be an average earner.

Added 10 months ago:

Edit: the Dialed In is a Standard edition.

Added 10 months ago:

Edit: Wheel of Fortune is sold. It went to The Flipside.

1 week later
#3644 10 months ago
Quoted from grimholtz:

I'm new to the metro Denver area. Any advice on who to hire for minor repairs and shopping? peakpinball.com is always the first Google hit, but that doesn't mean much...

Randy is great, you shouldn't hesitate to use him.

Everyone who mentioned Game Exchange described scenarios in which they took things into the shop to get them fixed. That's not always possible. Do they do house calls also? I'm curious.

#3645 10 months ago

Are there people locally who shop out games as a side business? (I'm not in the market...just wondering since the request was "minor repairs and shopping").

1 month later
#3720 9 months ago

I've only ever seen The Games once before. Can't be too many of these still around. Someone buy it! denver.craigslist.org link

(Should be a long player - comes with free rubbers blocking the outlanes!)

#3723 9 months ago

I guess, now that you mention it...I had some pretty long balls when I played it. The fact that those are passive slings (just a rubber, no kicker), makes it significantly easier. Excalibur has those also, so I imagine there are others from that time period that do too.

#3735 9 months ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Putting up stern Dracula and DE time machine up for trade. I really want a swords of fury.

BSD, or "the other one"? Interested in the former.

Thought I'd be smart and look at your machine list...you have both!!

#3738 9 months ago

Says stern Dracula in his post silly goose

I swear he added that later.

1 week later
#3752 8 months ago

I've got a few arcade machines I'd part with as well, all in various forms of non-working: Neo Geo with some obnoxious number of games on a single cart, Tron, and Sega Turbo. Haven't really researched prices yet. PM if interested. Could bring to Showdown.

#3756 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Is anyone interested in having a group intervention for Pinstein?

I think he's good as long as he doesn't buy that Hotdoggin, sell it, quickly regret it, and then try and buy it back.

#3761 8 months ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Appears you have 42 other options as well, any others that might be available?

...and the vultures have already begun circling.

2 months later
#3913 6 months ago

I'm tempted to buy that Harlem backglass just so I can stop being tricked into thinking I can buy the entire game for $250. Every 24 hours, nonetheless. :-/

1 week later
#3931 6 months ago
Quoted from dontpanicflip:

I'm throwing in the SD card that replaces Iron Maiden music with Cake, LOL

Got a song mapping handy?

Cyborg MB -> "...and the muscular cyborg German dudes - dance with sexy French Canadians. While the overweight Americans wear their patriotic jumpsuits"?

#3933 6 months ago

Time to move along the very first game I bought: High Speed.

Cabinet is okay. Playfield has original mylar. It has had longstanding issues with blowing fuses randomly, but a few months ago I tightened down all the screws on the boards in the backbox (and added one or two that were missing), and since then it's only happened once.

Comet LEDs (of course), and plays as it should. Message me if interested. I haven't researched price yet, but will do so if there is interest.

#3945 5 months ago

That stairway is pristine and obviously recently redone. I can see why he doesn't want it scuffed up.

He also says it weighs 250. I see various places online repeating that number, but no way that Judge Dredd is the same weight as Game of Thrones Pro. I've never lifted a 90s game that isn't significantly and noticeably heavier than Stern Pros...and this is a widebody.

Better get it in writing that it's 250 pounds. If it turns out to be heavier, I think you can void all damage claims and be entitled to an injury settlement if you hurt yourself.

1 week later
#3965 5 months ago
Quoted from PromoJoe23:

Not a for sale post...but moving out here from SoCal and how in the world do you guys get your pins in the basement? Anyone know where to rent a stair climber thingy? I am in Castle Pines.

When do you need it? You can borrow my Escalera for a few days, but I'm an hour away.

If you move games more than once a year or so, I'd recommend buying one. It gets old asking for help. (I set up a craigslist alert and it took me over 6 months to find a used one at a reasonable price).

2 months later
#4069 3 months ago

Lyons Classic Pinball is the place to go if you only have time for one. Probably an hour drive, and not open during the day.

2 months later
#4223 24 days ago

Wonderland Brewery also has it.

Hey ops - update pinball maps ASAP when you get the latest and greatest in. People want to come play!

Press Play will be getting a Stranger Things soonish...hoping for January 17th.

#4224 24 days ago

Actually, anyone can add to Pinball Map. I just added Stranger Things to Wonderland and 1up Greenwood.

2 weeks later
#4251 7 days ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Looking for a Munsters Premium if anyone has one for sale or knows someone who does.

Ask Eric Stone...he just won a NIB at INDISC!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
BK Pinball
$ 28.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep
$ 8.95
$ 26.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 159.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 89.99
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10,900.00
Pinball Machine
RMV Sales
$ 29.00
$ 15.75
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 19.95
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 57.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside