5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,261 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Slog8484
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 161 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

twd-bg.IMG_20160507_112724_(resized).jpg
twd-pf.IMG_20160507_112528_(resized).jpg
twd-cab.IMG_20160507_112903_(resized).jpg
IMG_6271_(resized).JPG
IMG_6273_(resized).JPG
IMG_6274_(resized).JPG
IMG_6275_(resized).JPG
IMG_6276_(resized).JPG
IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reynolds531.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#485 4 years ago

He is in Thornton. I bought an IJ and a TZ from him about four or five years ago. They were routed machines and had a few issues. The IJ would play; the TZ had the clock's LED board burned out. He had them set up in his garage so that you could inspect and play them. It sounds as if he has changed that. His prices were lower back then and pins were cheaper. I did get a good deal on both machines. He had his nephew helping him at the time who was a fairly knowledgeable sort.

#508 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Someone who used to work with Gilbert reminded me today that the "sight unseen" rules may only apply to games he doesn't have possession of yet.
Just so people don't get the wrong idea - Gilbert is a nice guy with a wealth of contacts that he uses to get games that would otherwise sit neglected in some old time operators warehouse. But he does things his way, and it's OK with him if that doesn't work for you.

Of note, as many Front Range pin people who follow the Denver CL know, as of today, half of the pins have sold. Presumably, they were purchased sight unseen.

1 week later
#571 4 years ago
Quoted from Bwheels:

looking for a good repair guy in denver, any suggestions?

PM me if you are still looking for someone.

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

Good thing no one bought this TAF site unseen! Beautiful Cabinet?
Addams Family Pinball Machine. Beautiful Cabinet and Play Field. Needs work. $5500.00. Cash Only!!!
Manual Included.
denver.craigslist.org link
01717_fCRBBFp52RU_600x450.jpg

Makes me wonder: why kind of work?

2 weeks later
#610 4 years ago

Two things to say. Does any one know of a good board repair guy on the Front Range? Second thing: I have spare NIB Great Lakes Modular TAF Thing opto board for sale. $20.00 cash and carry. They sell for $25.00 plus shipping. Some how, I ended up with two of them.

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

It was one of my first games I ever got, I enjoyed it enough but didn't know enough at the time to really get to play it befoe I got better so figured I'd pick one up again sometime. Plus one of the few games my wife and kids actually enjoyed playing.

Very under rated game. I bought one from a guy in Parker, HUO, a few years ago and it is a keeper.

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

Anybody know of a good welder, I've got a couple pats that need to be welded.
Thanks

I found a guy on craigslist in South Aurora. He charged me $50.00 to tig weld three fitments from a TAF. Nice guy, does the work in his garage. Check the ads on craigslist-Denver.

3 weeks later
#671 4 years ago

Anyone checked out the Addams Family at $5000.00? The mansion photo of the playfield looks as if it is a bit rough.

3 months later
#893 4 years ago

Has any one checked that Pinbot add? It does seem a bit odd.

2 weeks later
#927 4 years ago

I am looking for a decent Funhouse. Give me a p.m. if you have any leads.

1 month later
#1029 4 years ago

Has anyone checked out the clist ad for a Funhouse, Taxi and Flash? I sent an e-mail yesterday and have not heard anything in response.

2 weeks later
#1063 4 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

We used Roadrunner for powder coating and they put out a very nice product and their turn around time was 48 hours. I would recommend them.tmp_21888-20151116_0914531698390398.jpg tmp_21888-20151117_12452049297797.jpg

This looks great. Can I ask what this cost?

2 months later
#1227 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Pinball Dude... I've already promised one sheet and am down to 4 of the new remaining. Come see it in my Stern Batman TDK if you need convincing.
Bring beer and I'll throw in a free pinball lesson.

So, then, what are you asking per sheet of glass? I would assume that this is regular size not wide body.

4 weeks later
#1323 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Exactly... pinball issues tend to impact a small section of the game and repair takes 2 minutes with a screwdriver. When a video game has an issue it tends to be 100% unplayable and requires 30 minutes of electronics troubleshooting and repair. The fear of buying a used pinball machine is largely unfounded... everyone has to learn how to repair them at some point!

Learning the mechanical repair issues of pinball machines is a skill that is straight forward. The same goes for maintenance issues. The difficulties arise with electrical problems especially with circuit boards. It takes more than a screw driver. Unless you are adept at the electronic stuff it is a steep learning curve. Many times I have had my repair guy fix something (usually a board) that was way beyond my skill set.

7 months later
#1907 3 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

Looking for a local twilight zone in nice condition. PM me if you have one to sell. Thanks!

There are two for sale on the Denver Craigslist.

3 weeks later
#1932 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

My personal preference is to buy and sell in person, which gives Craigslist an edge due to its broader local audience than Pinside. If you are looking for top $ for a particularly rare/high end game, then shipping to/from Pinsiders is the way to go. The middle ground is more grey... Pinside's value over Craigslist is buyer/seller ratings, but it lacks distance radius integration particularly with Wishlist notifications. Ultimately a $5-10 listing on Pinside for sellers is a more than reasonable way to help filter out the cruft you get from Craigslist.
However, I have a really interesting flipperless game I've been trying to sell for charity but have had an amazingly difficult time finding a local buyer on Pinside or Craigslist at any price, so paying for an ad on Pinside as a significant portion of the sales price doesn't sound all that attractive either.

Craigslist can be good. That said, there is so much fluff and machines that are ridiculously overpriced. This may be a function of the the ebay dreamers. When I have interacted with Pinside individuals, with one very painful exception, it has generally been extremely positive and resulted in a sale to me on my part.

2 weeks later
#1946 3 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Alright, who's the jerk off with the fake Taxi ad on Craigslist? It's clearly someone who knows pinball. The description and price almost makes it seem real. Why do people do this? It must be some kind of email collection scam.

Why is it fake?

1 year later
#3189 1 year ago

I have two pins that I am considering selling: a Funhouse and a Judge Dredd. I bought the Funhouse three years ago thinking that I would do a full restoration. That has not panned out. It is is decent shape: mostly LEDs, full set of Cliffy's (not installed) and has a bit of planking on the playfield common to this machine.

I also have a Judge Dredd that i would like to sell. It is in great shape: totally redone (new black rubbers, rebuilt flippers, rebuilt pop bumpers, full LEDs, new coil sleeves, new glass, you name it). It has the Dead World mod and the Cliffy ramp protector and ball eject protector. I believe that I also have a second set of rubbers (white) that I did not install as I preferred the black. It has an NOS eagle topper. I did have Chris Hibler check out the driver board.

Before I put this on Craigslist (I hate dealing with Craigslist) I thought I might ask any Front Pinsiders if they are interested. Prices to be determined. Drop me a line if there is any interest.

2 months later
#3270 1 year ago

+1 for Randy. He is a great guy. I have had him help me a number of times. Each time it was a problem that I had no way of figuring out and Randy would fix it. He is relentless in a good way. Ask him about the magic trunk in Theatre of Magic.

2 months later
#3454 1 year ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

yeah, and i am saying Ryan's idea leads to a more retail endeavor by a said entrepreneur - why would a person do this piecemeal instead of just becoming a brick and mortar location cause its a shit ton of work to do what Ryan is talking about so if you are all in go all in. It would either happen on purpose right away or it would transition into that over time by acquiring more games for future clients. but if i could add a pic in this thread its me beating a dead horse so that's that. I envision lots of tire-kicker time-wasters and getting stuck with games you don't want and plenty of sour gra

yeah, and i am saying Ryan's idea leads to a more retail endeavor by a said entrepreneur - why would a person do this piecemeal instead of just becoming a brick and mortar location cause its a shit ton of work to do what Ryan is talking about so if you are all in go all in. It would either happen on purpose right away or it would transition into that over time by acquiring more games for future clients. but if i could add a pic in this thread its me beating a dead horse so that's that. I envision lots of tire-kicker time-wasters and getting stuck with games you don't want and plenty of sour grapes.
i suppose if its a retiree who enjoys the hunt and has all the time in the world but doesnt want the games they could carve out a little market but theyd really have to enjoy the hunt! Who wants Gilbert the WOLFMAN setting up their games for em

You absolutely would not want the Wolfman setting up your game. I bought a few games from him a few years ago (IJ, TZ) that were well priced and needed work. Both ended up getting a total work over (coils, lights, anything you can rebuild, board work) by me and fortunately I more or less knew what I was getting into. The board work was sent out. Anything that Wolfman has for sale recently seems way over priced for what they get. His recent asking prices for heavily routed machines seem to be on par with good player quality ones. I would not want a total newbie to buy anything from him thinking that it would be plug and play.

Some of the problem arises when people come over to my house and play previously routed games. They see and play games that have been maintained and worked on almost to perfection and think to themselves, I want one of these. When they ask how much a machine costs in this condition they are invariable shocked. It is difficult to explain to them how much work goes into this. I usually tell people to look into new games and check out Game Exchange. I have also suggested Universal.

I think Ryan has the right idea.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 27.50
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Forever
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 45.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Williamson Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 109.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reynolds531.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside