5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 276 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by vongator
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 161 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

twd-bg.IMG_20160507_112724_(resized).jpg
twd-pf.IMG_20160507_112528_(resized).jpg
twd-cab.IMG_20160507_112903_(resized).jpg
IMG_6271_(resized).JPG
IMG_6273_(resized).JPG
IMG_6274_(resized).JPG
IMG_6275_(resized).JPG
IMG_6276_(resized).JPG
IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider resipsa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1508 3 years ago

We are officially moving to Denver (western centennial). I've decided to use this as an excuse to refresh my pinball collection so plan on selling most of my pins before we leave chicago but will be looking to buy new ones soon after we move in at the end of June. So if anyone plans to be putting anything on the market, give me a shout. Depending on whether all my current ones get sold (already sold 1, have 2 going out today, and in talks on at least 1 of the 3 remaining), I'll probably be in the market to pick up 2-3 pins.

Looking forward to meeting the pinball community in the area and hopefully will be picking up some new games.

#1510 3 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

I would suggest you bring your pins from Chicago. They're far more plentiful in the Chicago area compared to up here in CO. I moved from Lake County two years ago, brought all my machines, and sooooo glad I did. Moved to the Ft. Collins area, north of Denver.
Bring them with you, no matter how much hassle it is. You won't regret it.

Well that's depressing....although may help me justify hanging on to WCS and HS2. I was kind of hoping that with a major show every June, there would be ample opportunity to pick up new pins. Is there not usually much for sale at the Pinball Showdown? I know when I walk around the MGC in Milwaukee every year I always have a bunch of pins I'd like to bring home with me if I had the space.

Anyway appreciate the help.

#1520 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Getting to know the local pinheads/collectors is #1 priority for buying/selling here. I buy/sell games regularly and it is rare mine ever hit the forums or craigslist or any public offering, usually bought/sold by locals as I contact groups of people I know first in CO and close surrounding areas. You will already be in with the owner Kim up here at Pinball Jones, she is a Cardinals superfan!
That being said bring that WCS out here and sell it to me instead. I know of a local HS2 you could probably buy out here if you did ever want it again.

Nice! Will certainly have to check out Pinball Jones.

The WCS may be for sale at some point. We've had it a while, but probably will fill the open spots in the collection first. However, its a hard one to sell as its one game I never understood why it seems to be priced so low. I think its comparable to a lot of pins you see in the $4000s, but it usually is closer to $2000 to $2500. To a little bit lesser extent, I think the same thing about HS2. Along with Fishtales, I'd put those 3 as the best bang for your buck pins among the Williams/Bally DMDs.

1 year later
#2259 2 years ago

apparently I'm in line behind you on that fish tales. I told the guy to let me know if he doesn't sell it Saturday morning and I'll come by. Its priced fairly, but I'm not getting into a bidding war.

#2262 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

right on...someone has "already offered more than asking price"

if you end up picking it up, just let me know if you decide to move it again. It's the top pin on my kid's wishlist so I at least gotta make a good faith effort to pick one up....

5 months later
#2586 2 years ago

Anyone have a KISS or Aerosmith they want to move?

#2588 2 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

KISS is fabulous . Send Joey an massage . He may help you .
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/joemoney24/collection

thanks for the suggestion; will do

1 week later
#2626 2 years ago

Anywhere local to get electronic components? I need a FQP13N10L transistor. Microcenter doesn't list it on their website and I don't know of anywhere else to look.

If anyone in the area happens to have an extra one laying around, I'd be happy to trade you 12 pack of your favorite beer

#2632 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Game Exchange carries a lot more than you might think, I'd try to give them a call at least.
And it is actually local

good call; they had exactly what I needed. Gotta love not having to wait for a part in the mail to get a machine back up and running!

7 months later
#3182 1 year ago

I have a Hurricane that seems to have some power issues where it resets once in a while (1 out of 20 games or so). Fully functioning, i think the game would sell for around $2K. Dealing with power issues is probably beyond my ability level, so I'm wondering if anyone is interested in purchasing it at a discount in current condition. Alternatively, any techs in the area interested in repair work (just south of Denver)? PM if interested in discussing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Playfield - Plastics
Maple Street Sign Shop
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 30.40
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 200.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maple Street Sign Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Latenight Weeknight Mods
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 79.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider resipsa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside