4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,921 posts
  • 257 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by dontpanicflip
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 161 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

twd-bg.IMG_20160507_112724_(resized).jpg
twd-pf.IMG_20160507_112528_(resized).jpg
twd-cab.IMG_20160507_112903_(resized).jpg
IMG_6271_(resized).JPG
IMG_6273_(resized).JPG
IMG_6274_(resized).JPG
IMG_6275_(resized).JPG
IMG_6276_(resized).JPG
IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mathazar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3217 10 months ago

Saw this 1983 Joust Pinball on CL tonight. I love playing the one at Lyons Classic Pinball. Never seen one for sale before:

denver.craigslist.org link

1 month later
#3283 9 months ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Looking for a beat Mata Hari.

This is in Denver...claims working with new backglass but a worn playfield. Listed at $725 but will take offers.

#3285 9 months ago

I'm so tired of scammers. Besides pinball, I'm into MAME and have long wanted to build a dedicated MAME upright cabinet. Been looking for weeks for an example with good bones...has to be local as paying $$ for shipping a less-than-stellar cabinet knocks the overall costs too much out of whack for me. Earlier this week, a guy posted on Denver Craigslist a bunch (more than a dozen) video games in one post and among them there was a busted Ulticade in a decent/restorable looking cabinet. $200. I called the guy within 2hrs of the posting and he said it was sold (didn't surprise me much at that price). Three days later that Craigslist ad was updated with the same Ulticade for $300. Today that same ad was updated with the same Ulticade for $500.

All of the video games are pictured packed into a trailer. Who knows...maybe they were stolen and the guy is starting to realize that they're worth more than $200.

#3287 9 months ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Lol nope that's Gilbert aka the Wolf Man. Good luck with him hah

Ah, a known quantity. Don't need that drama or aggravation....my search continues!

1 week later
#3308 9 months ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Not a fs/ft post, but I’m wondering if anyone knows of a jjp pirates at any Denver/ft collins area arcades? I’m curious as to how it plays, and would like to check it out. Thanks!

There's a JJP Pirates at Arapahoe Bowling Center:

Arapahoe Bowling Center
6850 S Dayton Street, Greenwood Village, CO 80112
303-790-2695

#3327 8 months ago
Quoted from wyopin:

I guess I’d better find out if anyone knows if there’s aTNA in the area to check out too? Either ft collins or Denver area

This handy-dandy database will show you where in Colorado you can find your favorite pin to play in public. It appears to be fairly well maintained:

https://pinballmap.com/colorado?utf8=%E2%9C%93&region=colorado&by_machine_id=2866

1 week later
#3352 8 months ago
Quoted from Flatheadpopup:

Newbie here, looking for a Bally Strikes and Spares if anyone has one for sale. My billiards/game room has a decidedly 70's feel to it and that game would be a good fit. Thanks

I think Todd at Universal Pinball in Denver still has a Strikes and Spares left in his inventory:

https://universalpinball.net/pinball-machines/page/2/

His prices are a tad on the high side, but they're good guys there and they have great support if needed.

1 month later
#3407 7 months ago
Quoted from jerryl:

Want to Buy: The Addams Family
Looking for a friend, he's looking for a players game. Well, he's looking for a players quality game price anyway..... Anyone know of any in the area?
Jerry

Not exactly a players quality game price ($6K) but a nice looking example and local to Denver:

#3421 7 months ago

Anyone have additional info on this BK posted on Denver's CL today?

The post description and two photos are a bit sparse. I'd contact the seller for more info but I already have a working BK in reliable, above average shape and I don't want to give the seller the impression that I'm a serious buyer. I'm just curious about condition, if it has original boards, etc. etc. The only thing I don't like about my BK (and its minor) is the playfield - while overall good looking cosmetically, has some cupping around several inserts and one worn spot on the right magnasave (I have a replacement mylar for it but haven't put it on yet). If somehow the condition blew away my current BK I might consider it and then sell mine.

#3440 7 months ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I've never heard of Universal before, so I don't know if they would search out a specifc machine for an individual.

They do, and they did so for me last year. I wanted to get into pinball ownership and I was not going to be happy unless my first pin was my favorite all-time game, Eight Ball Deluxe. I watched CL for about 6 months - nothing local. I watched Pinside just to get an idea of what's out there and for how much, but I was not interested at that time in buying a pin I couldn't play first, blindly from a stranger, and then be responsible for setting it up myself (after 4 more pins and many misc repairs, maintenance, and moving pins around I'm confident in doing this now). However, with that first pin, I wanted to buy something local and with a little support to get my feet wet.

I found Universal and Todd was friendly and, more importantly, was quick to communicate via email and text message. I visited his shop and saw his inventory, repair area, and met a couple of techs who were also friendly. Even with my limited experience, I could tell his pins were a bit overpriced but I don't fault him for that....he's been in business for 20+ years, it's what the market will bear, and he has a business premises to maintain and employees to pay. I told him what I was looking for (EBD, 1981 or 1984 but not the Limited version in the Centaur cabinet, 100% functional, playfield ok, cabinet could be rough). It took a little more than 2 months, but he found one for me and got it in. I went and looked at it at his shop with no commitment, played it, and immediately knew I wanted it. Playfield was in very nice shape except for two small spots near the slingshots. All original boards, all working. Backglass nearly perfect. The cabinet paint was faded and there were lots of dings, scratches, and markings in the wood. Didn't care - it was going to be my machine and it worked. I may have overpaid a bit ($3K) but I didn't have any technical experience with pins yet and he was going to deliver it to my house, take it downstairs to my basement, set it up, and make sure everything still worked 100% after transport. Then he hit me with "are you sure you want this faded, dinged and scratched cabinet" and offered to sand, refinish, fill in all the cracks and holes, and apply fresh paint with new stencils for $500. He showed me examples of his work in his shop and I said "ya, let's go for it". And I'm really glad I did - my EBD is reliable, looks great, plays great, and I will never, never sell it. That experience got me into pins and since then I've bought and set up on my own with confidence a NIB ST Pro, a Black Knight that I needed to revive in order to play (flipper rebuild, coil replacements, leaking caps on the sound board, and a power PCB replacement) which was purchased over Facebook and shipped to me, and a dead Mata Hari I got via CL, got it working, and flipped for a $100 profit (didn't really care about the money...just wanted to gain experience).

4 weeks later
#3472 6 months ago

Hi all....I'm looking for a project Mata Hari in the $400-$600 range within the Denver area (will travel to pick up within 150-200 miles). Should be complete/near complete, but does not need to work and playfield/plastics/backglass can be trashed. May pay more depending on condition/functionality.

#3479 6 months ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Hi all....I'm looking for a project Mata Hari in the $400-$600 range within the Denver area (will travel to pick up within 150-200 miles). Should be complete/near complete, but does not need to work and playfield/plastics/backglass can be trashed. May pay more depending on condition/functionality.

Shout out to infinitelives - he set me up with his Mata Hari project and I picked it up on Friday. Looking forward to diving in during my weekend free times and getting her working again! Thanx man!

#3515 6 months ago

shout out to ghostbc for hooking me up with a Strikes and Spares playfield. Gonna clean up nice!
Thanks!!

Glad you found one! Send me some before and after pix when you finish.

I've got the Mata Hari project you sold me powered up, booted and running thru the self tests. Weird solenoid addressing issues - I'm in the process of repinning every connector on the SDB, MPU, and Rectifier before diving down into the solenoids themselves. That re-pinning will take me the next 3 or 4 weekends.

#3517 5 months ago

nice!!
i really think the issue is going to be under the playfield with the diodes on the switches. hopefully i gave you enough to shotgun it haha.

You're probably right, but I got a little spooked on the connectors. The last wire on the J2 Rectifier plug was out of the plug and hanging loose (crimp still in the plug), and I spot checked a couple connectors on the SDB by lightly tugging on some wires and a couple came right out leaving the crimps behind in the plug housing. The machine innards look really original/unmolested (I even found original Bally QC and inspection stickers from 1978 floating around in the cab and the backbox), and I don't see any obvious hacks or rework, so all of the plugs are probably 40+ years old. I'm going to re-do them for peace of mind before chasing weird behavior.

#3546 5 months ago
Quoted from cutlerkeith:

A friend of mine did. The Elvira was sold already. But the Mata Hari was still there for $1200.

I picked it up this morning for $600. She's a little tired, but it's all there and it plays. Original boards (need to install remote battery on the MPU), solenoids work, lots of GI and control lights out, chimes work, a few rollover switches don't score, target banks seem operational. Back glass is trashed, no back box lock (the arm was in the bottom of the cabinet), and the cabinet is pretty scratched up with a ding/gouge here and there. Legs ok, levelers rusty. Playfield not too bad art/color-wise, no major worn spots. Some inserts are cupped - playfield will look nice and play nice with a protector installed. Issues with each of the 5 displays (all different issues) - if not resolved by re-pinning connectors and getting cleaner voltage, they'll need to be replaced. The cabinet and backbox had tons of dust, dirt, and cobwebs...probably years since it was opened up.

#3547 5 months ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I picked it up this morning for $600. She's a little tired, but it's all there and it plays. Original boards (need to install remote battery on the MPU), solenoids work, lots of GI and control lights out, chimes work, a few rollover switches don't score, target banks seem operational. Back glass is trashed, no back box lock (the arm was in the bottom of the cabinet), and the cabinet is pretty scratched up with a ding/gouge here and there. Legs ok, levelers rusty. Playfield not too bad art/color-wise, no major worn spots. Some inserts are cupped - playfield will look nice and play nice with a protector installed. Issues with each of the 5 displays (all different issues) - if not resolved by re-pinning connectors and getting cleaner voltage, they'll need to be replaced. The cabinet and backbox had tons of dust, dirt, and cobwebs...probably years since it was opened up.

Cleaned all of the debris, dust, and cobwebs out of the back box and cabinet this afternoon - all of the wood is structurally sound and she'll paint up nice if I go that far. Slapped it all back together and it plays like it did when I checked it out this morning, so no wire gremlins (yet) from unplugging/replugging and moving things around. First troubleshooting was for the GI and control lights (a few on, most out). The power supply is mostly ok - 230VDC, 11.9VDC, 43VDC, and 7.3VAC test points look fine. The 5.4VDC test point reads only .6VDC and a few spots on the rectifier board are a bit toasty (and original). Looks like the first place I need to start is a rebuild kit for the rectifier board.

1 month later
#3643 4 months ago
Quoted from white1ce:

The guys over at Game Exchange are super awesome. Never had to hire them for repairs though, so not sure about that.

I've had the Game Exchange guys fix a couple of Bally power supplies for me (changing out fried bridge rectifiers and rewiring a bad wire job on a Rottendog rectifier PCB to the transformer). They charge about $75/hour and in the three supplies they've done for me, it was never more than an hour + parts. One supply was turned around in 24hrs, the other took a few days (their backlog of work must've low those times).

4 weeks later
#3694 3 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Mark Gibson is teaching that class and he is the most knowledgeable man I've ever met when it comes to EM machines. He is also very creative with his unique, home brew pinball creations and it's my guess he will have many of his operational sculptures available for the students.
Mark is very generous with his incredible knowledge and I'm proud to know him.
Never heard of Mark Gibson? That's because he is as humble and soft spoken of a man as you will ever meet. Pay attention to every word he says and have fun.

I had the pleasure of meeting Mark and attending his EM Repair workshop at last year's Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown. Mark took the time after the class to help me with a problem I was experiencing with my first pinball repair attempt even tho it was off-topic for the workshop (the pin was EBD and not EM). He even followed up with me a week later via email to see if I got it working (I did). I wonder if he'll have his workshop again at this year's RMPS? They don't have a full RMPS agenda list posted yet.

#3698 3 months ago

I hadn't heard of Alien....had to look this one up to see what it's about. $14K tho, wow.

#3707 3 months ago
Quoted from Lamilvelo:

ebrenner87 I sent you a PM.
So at the Showdown are there usually some decent deals on pins for sale? Looking to pick up a couple older pins if possible but haven't been to the Showdown before so wasn't sure what is usually available.

Not that I have seen (I've been twice). Last year I was hoping to pick up a Black Knight and lo and behold, there were 3 at the show and 1 was actually for sale. I played it for about 30 minutes. Unfortunately, it wasn't in great shape - cabinet and backbox damage, playfield worn in the usual spots, weak left flipper, scratches on the backglass, cupped inserts, and several misbehaving drop targets. The seller wanted $2500! I texted the contact number on the machine with an offer of $1250 which was actually a little bit more than I wanted to pay given the condition and what I'd have to put into it, but it was local and right there so I figured what the hell. I never heard back - no counter offer/nothing. A month later I found a nice Black Knight in way better shape, cosmetically and functionally, on FB. It had cupped inserts but a playfield protector fixed that. Even with the shipping, I was out only $1700 + I put in a $100 playfield protector.

#3716 3 months ago

Scored a barn find today in Henderson - perhaps literally. 1978 Bally Black Jack in an estate sale that looks to have been sitting for years (and years). $98.75. Actually, I bought it for $100 but after I got it home, I found 5 quarters stuck in the coin mechs.

It was a slight gamble in that they didn't have any keys to open it up so I couldn't look inside to see what's there or not there. It powered on (most all of the GI lights come on) but it didn't boot. Of course, they wouldn't let me drill the locks out until I bought it. So I did...figured worst case I might get some cabinet hardware compatible with my other late 70's Bally projects and if any of the displays or boards worked or in good enough shape to be rebuilt, that would be a bonus.

Found lots of dirt, debris, and several abandoned wasp nests in both the cabinet and the backbox. The backglass is surprisingly about a 7/10....no flaking and just a few scratches. The cabinet is somewhere between poor and a basket case...MIGHT be salvageable but that'll be a big job. The MPU, SDB, and Lamp boards are all there and actually look good...no burns, hacks, or anything except for a spider's nest and wasp nest on the SDB. The MPU still has the original battery installed and no corrosion damage at all. The original cage around the power supply is even still there. Big old wasp nest camped out on the Player 3 display board. Someone put in a Stern SDU-100 at some point to replace the original Bally SDB.

The playfield has a few wear marks here and there but nothing serious. I think with a little elbow grease, the playfield will clean up nicely. No broken plastic pieces tho most are warped from the incandescent bulbs. The playfield underside is oddly clean and the metals parts free of rust.

I'm a few weeks away from finishing my Mata Hari project and then I'll dive into this and see if I can, at least at first, get it booted and running. First order of business will be to repin all of the connectors and go from there!

3 weeks later
#3777 70 days ago

Looking to trade my entire DVD collection (700+ discs) for a solid state pinball. I've got the DVD collection posted for sale at $500, will trade + or - cash depending on pin title/condition. Pinball can be a project and does not need to be working but should be all or mostly all there. Some titles I'm interested in include F2K, Meteor, Firepower, Joker Poker, and the like.

Details and pictures of the DVD collection can be seen on my CL ad: denver.craigslist.org link

#3782 69 days ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I'm willing to trade a few boxes of National Geographic for your Mata Hari...

I'll be posting for sale or trade the Mata Hari on the right soon (the one in one of the CL ad pictures, within the next 2-3 weeks). Just about done shopping it out. The one on the left is my keeper (all shopped out, new CPR backglass, new hardtop, new targets, new legs).

#3796 65 days ago

Hey all - I'm looking to buy a donor Bally early SS cabinet for a project. Details here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-bally-ss-cabinet-for-project#post-4997509

#3803 63 days ago

Did any of you guys pick this up this morning? $150 Flash, lights on but no workee. Hope a pinsider got it. I was NIL....missed it by "that much".

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2291356961191154/

3 weeks later
#3857 39 days ago

Did anyone from pinside pick up that Bally Mystic in Centennial for $300 that was posted on CL this afternoon? I just missed it - was NIL but it sold.

4 weeks later
#3908 9 days ago

"only needs reprogramming" aka needs all new boards?

Ya, I was wondering on the "reprogramming" as well. The guy selling it has been in the pinball business for decades and usually asks top dollar for player-quality pins. There must be a reason he's not touching this one.

#3910 9 days ago

After re-reading the CL post for TriZone:

Williams
TRI ZONE
(unsure of the year)
Only needs reprogramming
Universal Sales & Leasing
For Reprogramming
250.00/OBO

...I'm thinking it's not Todd that's selling it. Maybe the seller is referencing Todd/Universal Sales as a place to get it "re-programmed". That would make more sense. If it's all there, certainly worth $250 but I've got too many projects in play right now to contact the seller with questions....I'd wind up buying it, probably!

#3918 4 days ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Please take that classic pinball baseball game, too.

While we're at it, that guy with the endless "inventory" of Macbooks also needs to go away.

#3919 3 days ago

I'm interested in trading for a NIB Black Knight Sword of Rage Premium. What I have to offer in trade:

- 2015 Harley Davidson Sportster XL1200C motorcycle in "Superior Blue"
- Less than 900 miles!
- Clear title
- Florida bike - I'm the original owner, purchased new in Orlando in 2015
- Practically showroom new - spent the better part of 2 years in storage during my relocation to Colorado
- Bone stock, no mods, no scratches, never laid down. Includes leather fork bag and a fitted Harley Davidson indoor cover

See and hear the bike in this video (taken today, July 16):

I'll be selling this for $8500 but I'd much rather work out a straight-up trade for a NIB BKSOR Premium (list price $7499). You'll be coming out at least $1K on top with this trade, even more if you're a Stern dealer and are getting BKSOR pins under the list price of us normal folk. Why am I willing to do that? I'm motivated....if I sell the bike for $8500 cash, my wife will want me to put the $$ into our savings. If I make a trade, I won't hit that scenario, and I really want a NIB BKSOR Premium to be sitting next to my 1980 BK in our rec room.

I'd consider trading for a lightly used, documented HUO example of BKSOR Premium but I'd have to have some amount of cash come my way with the pin.

PM me if you're interested and/or want to see more detailed photos. Test rides ok for serious inquiries but must show motorcycle endorsement on your drivers license.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 12.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 38.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mathazar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside