IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider killerrobots.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4766 3 years ago

Just my perspective as someone relatively new to the hobby. One thing I like about pinball is that I expect that the pins I own will hold their value if they are good examples of good games. Ten years from now an Addams Family will still be a fun pin to play, it will have a cache, and they are not making new ones. Maybe pure players are okay with remakes but collectors want original. That said, the older mediocre games I think may fade. I owned a Jokerz and it is pretty cheap ($1400) but it is also not that much fun next to a new game. However, I still play my Whirlwind and Taxi from the same era and think they are great fun. Sometimes you want a complex game but other times you just want a fun shooter. Having a mix in your collection is great.

I currently own 7 pins (SimpsonPP, Indiana Jones PA, LOTR, Taxi, AFM (orig.), Whirlwind, and Dr. Dude), except for maybe Dr. Dude I think these will hold there value (maybe some will increase). I have been tempted to buy new but I think I will lose money. I have considered a new Avengers but don't want a Pro and the LE seems pricey. Maybe more importantly, I am not sure how fun they are. I am sure an Addams Family will be fun, it has proved that over 20 years but a new machine, who knows.

I also like to restore pins and those are really hard to find. Almost all the older pins seem to already be restored. I think there was a wave of broken down machines like 10-15 years ago when a bunch of arcades failed but now I don't see them.

Lastly, Colorado is kind of in an island so you really have to jump on good pins locally. I have a 1000 mile search radius and ended up getting LOTR in Ohama and SPP in Nevada. I could have my pick of pins if I lived in PA but here seems like a sellers market.

1 month later
#4969 3 years ago

I would really love a new pin and haven't been seeing anything locally. Anybody interested in a sale or trade. I have an original AFM in nice shape if that is of interest. Interest in:

FunHouse
The Shadow
High Speed
The Hobbit
White Water
Jurassic Park (any vintage)

#4972 3 years ago

Just to be clear, my goal is to get a new game, not necessary get rid of my AFM. My preference would be for a straight sale but I would consider a trade including my AFM if it was the right game but I don't want to sell my AFM standalone.

1 week later
#5010 3 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Big shout out to killerrobots ! Fantastic doing business with you. Love the great local pinheads here in CO!

You too. You have a great game collection. With TZ my game room is officially full. When I set up the room I thought I might get four in there. Now I have seven. I am starting to think about putting games in a second room. That probably indicates a problem.

#5015 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

All full you say? That does indicate a problem to me, seems selling that AFM could clear up some space.

Honestly it is my wife's game at this point. I am ready to let it go but she still loves it.

3 months later
#5279 2 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Hi guys, anyone have an old roached out Whirlwind playfield that is just laying around? Maybe after a pf swap? I am looking for one to use to create a dimple template. I am essentially trying to do a scratch build and it sounds like the CPR playfields have next to no accurate holes.
Would love to just borrow it, maybe for a case of good beer or a bottle of wine.
Or if you are selling for a small price that would be fine too.
Thanks!

I am not sure it will work for you but I just finished doing a wall hanging of a trashed Whirlwind playfield. The back is wired up with LEDS and not easily accessible but the front is free from any items. I can send you pics if you want.

1 month later
#5336 2 years ago

Before I made an ad I thought I would check here first. I am interested in trading my very nice Twilight Zone w/ Color DMD (+/- Cash) for these pins in order of preference:

- AIG Premium
- Jurassic Park Premium
- Other games on my wishlist

DM if you are interested.

#5341 2 years ago

I just finished restoring my last pin that needed it and now I have an empty shop. I would be interested in any project pins from the 80's or 90's that need some love.

3 months later
#5563 2 years ago

Godzilla is also at PBJ in Fort Collins

2 weeks later
#5617 2 years ago

I have a friend looking for his first pin he wants something fun but not too expensive. I am thinking any player condition pins from the late 80's to the early 2000s.

1 week later
#5649 2 years ago

Interested in trading for my Earthshaker. I bought it as a project machine but it was actually in too nice of shape to restore. I have a FH and WW and it is just a little too similar in game play so I am look for something a little different. Game is original but overall in nice shape with some small wear areas. I can share pics.

I would consider anything probably 1985 onward including project machines. PM if interested.

2 months later
#5807 2 years ago

Just listed my Earthshaker for trade if anyone is interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/129564

1 week later
#5813 2 years ago

Didn't find any trades I was interested so I am reposting my Earthshaker for sale.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/129564

4 months later
#6114 1 year ago

I have a documented HUO Simpsons PP that I am thinking of trading. It pretty much looks like it just came out of the box. I got it from a guy in Nevada that bought it new and it had 1800 plays when I got it two years ago. It has always been in A/C and out of sunlight. It is stock other than new rubbers and a flipper rebuild.

I am primarily interested in either (+/- cash):

Jurassic Park Premium
Stranger Things Pro/Premium

If I can't make that work then I will either sell for the cash or look farther down my wishlist.

PM if interested and I can send pics.

#6115 1 year ago

No bites on the TSPP for a trade so I am putting it up for sale.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/138368

2 months later
#6260 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

Is anyone local selling new standard no logo playfield glass?
Thanks

Just go to a glass shop and buy tempered glass and ask that it has no logo. Measure the old one and tell them the dimensions (typically 3/16" thick). I do it all the time.

1 month later
#6313 1 year ago

Just listed my HUO Simpsons PP for trade. I am interested in a newer Stern pro/premium (not DP or JP). Pretty open, DM if interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/144339

#6315 1 year ago

Great experience trading with MaxIsDead today. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a reliable and fair local guy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider killerrobots.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft?tu=killerrobots and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.