IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

PM sent to Rad.

If you pass, please let me know. I will be out in DEC time again this year and can haul something home at that time

#23 9 years ago

I will be coming to CO in december again to visit family (and bring my brother his first pinball machine. I would like to haul something back for myself so I hope you guys don't mind me hanging in the CO thread.

I have a short list of a few games currently ISO but not looking too hard:
SST, BayWatch, Apollo13, and Corvette to name a few. Any decently priced B/W titles and sys11 in partciular are also on the list.

I could likely bring a second game on my way out so if you see something in the Madison region and need transport I am happy to accomodate.

#26 9 years ago

LOL, yeah I keep asking Neo to hook me up with one of those also. Funny part is that he does often find crazy good deals by many of our standards.

2 months later
#203 9 years ago

I could offer possible transport to CO of this HUO TronLE if someone buys it.
I plan to be out there in either late Dec or Early Feb and could bring it along.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tronle-1-owner-madison-wi

2 weeks later
#229 9 years ago

HUO TronLE avail for 9500. I am planning a trip to CO in the next month or 2 and could assist with transport.

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Sorry. TronLE would be awesome, but it's definitely out of my price range. I'm looking for a Tron more around $5k. Good luck!

no worries. It is a friends that I am helping to advertise and figured the offer to help with transport to CO may help.

2 weeks later
#264 9 years ago

PinTransport available...

I will likely be making a trip from Madison/Northern IL area to Denver/Superior Co area either the 2nd or 3rd week of Feb 2015.

I will have room for 1 pin on the way out and 2 pins on the way back.

I am happy to help out my front range pinhead brothers with transport. If the pin is easy for me to pick up and drop off then just some gas money to offset is all that is asked. If you are asking for something that requires a bit more time or driving or a logistical constraint then a little extra would be expected.

Still WAY cheaper than NAVL or other shipping options and I am experienced in moving pins.

I of course would like to find something to bring back to add to my own collection so let me know what you are thinking of parting with. Heck, we may even be able to work out a trade of some sorts... Buying is preferred as I have a few slots, but trading is an possibility.

#268 9 years ago

My nice HUO BK2K could be available for trade or possible sale. There is a local guy that is interested (potential trade deal) but I have not heard back from him for a few days. Assuming that means he is no longer interested, that is a possible game. I have also been thinking about using it in trade for the next Stern title or a newer Stern, since I don't own a single Stern game and need to shake up my collection.

There is also quite a bit on area clists lately. I do not know what you are looking for but you could check out the WI/MN thread on here to see if there is something.

3 weeks later
#314 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

PinTransport available...
I will likely be making a trip from Madison/Northern IL area to Denver/Superior Co area either the 2nd or 3rd week of Feb 2015.
I will have room for 1 pin on the way out and 2 pins on the way back.
I am happy to help out my front range pinhead brothers with transport. If the pin is easy for me to pick up and drop off then just some gas money to offset is all that is asked. If you are asking for something that requires a bit more time or driving or a logistical constraint then a little extra would be expected.
Still WAY cheaper than NAVL or other shipping options and I am experienced in moving pins.
I of course would like to find something to bring back to add to my own collection so let me know what you are thinking of parting with. Heck, we may even be able to work out a trade of some sorts... Buying is preferred as I have a few slots, but trading is an possibility.

Looking like either Feb 14 or Feb 28th weekend will be my travel time. Likely drive out on a Thursday after work and drive back on a Sunday. A few people have contacted me but nothing solidified as needing transport at this time, so I have space.

I need to get some photos to people but I have a verified HUO BK2K 9originally came out of the home of a Williams Exec) that I would trade towards a HUO/newer Stern (would do IMVE? maybe FG???, hit me up if you have something) I value the BK2K at 3500 cash. One of the nicer original BK2K around, so yes it is higher priced than a beater. Would also consider trading it towards other nice B/W games (90s era DMD).

#326 9 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I have an ES, DE SW, or RFM I would consider parting with. PM me for details.

Thanks. Unfortunately nothing on my ISO list.

1 week later
#341 9 years ago

Looks like I will be leaving from Madison area to Denver area on Thursday Feb 26th. I have room for 1 pin on the way out and room for 1 pin on the way back.

Time to start hunting WI ads and threads if you guys are interested in cheap transport of a game.

Also, let me know if you have anything for sale

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks like I will be leaving from Madison area to Denver area on Thursday Feb 26th. I have room for 1 pin on the way out and room for 1 pin on the way back.
Time to start hunting WI ads and threads if you guys are interested in cheap transport of a game.
Also, let me know if you have anything for sale

update. I will no be traveling to CO on March 21st, staying for a few days and then returning.

Pin transport still available

1 week later
#375 9 years ago

I am happy to transport either of these games for CHEAP to Boulder area to help out a buddy with the potential sale. Traveling there with room for 1 game (could likely fit both if heads off) on March 21st

Flanker has top notch game FYI.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-spiderman-5k-obo-se-wisc#post-2244041

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-xmenle-wolvy-55kobo-sewisc

1 week later
#422 9 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

Still looking for a Monster Bash. I've had a couple of leads but nothing solid yet.

If you guys work something out and need transport i can likely fit 1 game still on my trip out in march.

Cheap and secure if needed.

1 week later
#448 9 years ago

Reminder that I will be travelling out on Sat March 21st from Madison WI to Superior CO and will have room for 1 pin on the way out. I can offer cheap transport if needed but hot me up soon as plans are solidifying.

1 week later
#520 9 years ago

Hey CO people...

I will be out in yout beautiful area from Sat-Tuesday.

What is the good word? Anything fun happening I should be sure to check out?
Any pinball gatherings?

I am planning to hit Lyons on Sunday for an obligatory visit, but aside from that my schedule is pretty open. Anyone want to play pinball?

#523 9 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

If you're hitting Lyons, might as well go to Fort Collins and check out Pinball Jones as well. Also the 1up bar in Denver is a good spot for pins and arcade games. I can give plenty on non pin suggestions if you haven't visited here before.

Thanks.

#526 9 years ago

What is the current game list at PressPlay?
SM, Getaway, T2, XM, tron, acdc, dh, ij, and met?

that is what it appears on the website.

Are Saturday evenings too packed? That may be something perfect since it will be close by after a 15hr drive out on friday night/sat morn.

#529 9 years ago

sounds good. thanks all and I will stop the derail now

#568 9 years ago

Heading to lyons today if anyone wants to hang and play pinball. Ill be there around 3

1 week later
#601 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Some scammer selling a non-existent Hobbit:
denver.craigslist.org link

April fools...

3 months later
#819 8 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

I call it: "The Schnozzle"!

I own a DM and woudl like to hear details please

2 months later
#968 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

People always say that LOTR should be a cheap game, but try actually finding one for under $5k.

that was easy...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/25279

#969 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

People always say that LOTR should be a cheap game, but try actually finding one for under $5k.

here is another

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/24360

#970 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

should I keep going?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-lotr-in-florida

#972 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Yea yeah, we know you're the main advocate of the cheap LOTR price.. unless a friend of yours in WI is selling. At which point you put a hold on your opinions of it being a cheap pin and focus on saying how awesome of a fairly priced game it is, even though its usually $1000+ more than your $4500 price estimate.

actually that one was 4500 also and then he had 1200 in value added mods and he was asking 5400 which was a good deal and directly in line with what others go for. Actually his was a great deal because the buyer could easily strip off things like invisiglass and colordmd ad end up with a mint LOTR for well under 5k.

also, while I have met the guy once, we are not friends... You do really get butt hurt when someone shows you that nice LOTR can still be found for 4500

3 months later
#1159 8 years ago

Anyone have any oddballs (ie. Check out my wishlist) they are thinking of selling?

I will be out in denver/boulder area next weekend.

Side note: i have room for 1 pn the way out and 1 on the way back if you need safe and cheap transport for a game.

#1161 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

on CL, a little pricey: Eight Ball Deluxe LE $1800

Thanks, but a little pricey.

Anyone know anything about the guy on your denver clist advertising from Kerney, NE?

#1164 8 years ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

Based on his own descriptions, priced high, all routed machines and un-shopped. His Monster Bash sounds real rough.

Yeah he appears to be a complete flake. i just emailed back and forth with him a few times and he is incapable of even giving a price of the few i asked about. His only replies are that he 'has lots of interest' and does not want to give anyone preference... wth?... Just give a price rather than wasting time with emails. Dude is not worth the hassle.

#1171 8 years ago

thanks for the heads up. definately not going to coordinate travel plans around stopping by at his place then. I am not sure why some people that claim to want to sell are so difficult to deal with??? I can only guess that by being difficult they eventually get someone that is just clamoring for a title and will overpay for sub quality.

#1175 8 years ago

anyone else thinking of selling anything?

I have a few more days to plan any diversions on route.

As mentioned before, if you find something you need transported to CO and on my route I can likely lend a hand to make it happen.

#1177 8 years ago

Already have IM, but thanks.

I suggest cross posting in the WI thread and then also checking out Clist in my region (not much that interests me lately, but may be somthing you are looking for?).

Chance you could find someone in Milwaukee or Rockford that is able to get me a game by Friday afternoon when I leave Madison?

Also, I guess Omaha is another major city alongthe route, but seller woudl need to be cool with a LATE pickup on friday night

#1183 8 years ago
Quoted from soapblox:

So all these ads on Craig's List where people say they got these old machines "on location"... How do I get these machines from these locations without having to deal with the middlemen?! I'd gladly buy a bunch of beat up on location machines.

it does not happen as often anymore, but in general...

go to location, find OP phone number on side of game, give them a call, make then an offer.

Reality is many OPs are now guys like me. Unless your offer is silly high you will be thanked and told no. Other OPs that dont take of their games often look on ebay and use the internet so they want silly prices.

The years of buying games off route for good deals dried up in most areas about 3 years ago.

You can still find opportunities in some areas where pinball is not as popular but it takes lots of luck and lots of work. Your time is better off spent just buying the game you want when you find it local.

#1185 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Anyone have a lead in where I can pick up a Avatar pro?

mnhotrod is selling his LE for a decent price.

#1203 8 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

In reference to the apology letter on Craigslist...
Quite a fiasco, but I'll give the guy credit for a heartfelt apology. Much more than you typically get, especially on the Internet.

I agree. I got the run around and was frustrated. I then saw the prices and realized we are notevenremotely in the same ball park. As the clist poster is reading this, good idea toeither pass along routed projects for appropriate prices or do the work to shop them each and advertise them and you may be able. To get the premiums you are asking.

Side note, i am in CO for the next few days if anyone has anything to sell. My wishlist is up to date and willing to pay a fair price based on tittle and condition.

#1205 8 years ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

May want to check out the Wolman he sent out a text last night he is unloading games at 9:00 this morning from his 38 day tour
of the West Coast.

What and where is the woolman?

#1209 8 years ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

Oops Wolfman, he has an add on craigslist - there is a picture of a red truck. He is a local guy who travels and buys up routed machines.

Anyone ever buy from him? How are the games? Anyone hace the full list of 31 w prices they can send me?

#1216 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

need closet space

I can only guess what things you are looking to stuff in there...

#1220 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Invading Cheeseheads that buy our Colorado machines.

I wish, I did not get anything when I was out there. Was very tempted by a few but you guys dont seem to have any deal on games and across the board prices were higher then what I find around here.

I was tempted by the Andromeda but too far south (after 30hr RT drive) and about 800 too much for that title.

1 week later
#1250 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I have two sheets of used Invisglass that I'll sell. $100 each.
Thanks

I will take them both if you want to hold them for me till I come out for Dory. Alternatively, they could be dropped off in superior at my borthers place. They would be a gift from me to him anyway. He will put them on his Tee'd Off and CBW. I mention that because whom the hell would put invisiglass on those games

#1252 8 years ago

no worries

#1254 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Sorry, Hilton but I answered my email this morning before returning to this thread. I have two people interested and I'm fairly certain at least one sheet has been sold. If one or both sheets are still available later on I will gladly let you know.
Thanks bud, I hope you're well.

We will be out in your area for an entire week around Labor Day. Would love to finally stop over and play pinball for a day if you will have us.

2 weeks later
#1313 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The DM would be a much better buy for a beginner. Much more longgevity.

agreed, DM is a great game for both a beginner and someone more seasoned. Noobs love the handles and anyone can learn to get a few combos going. Seasoned players can work towards completing all multiballs and demotime in a single game.

1 month later
#1438 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Yeah, I go to lyons quit often! And I'm the cpt of the Fort Collins traveling team and we play Lyons the last week of the season. Thanks for having all the great games available, bring back TX-Sector tho

I have got a TX-Sector for Kevin, but I am going to need a frontier to replace the spot

or a viking

or possibly Andromeda

#1441 8 years ago

Anyone have a Bally Frontier or Bally Viking for sale or trade? Gotta get that TX from Whysnow

LOL,

I was just going to come in here and post my ad.

I will be travelling to CO in early September for some concerts, camping, and Dory Hill and could bring TX along if a trade is worked out in advance.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/33433

2 weeks later
#1487 7 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

I've got a roadshow and no good gofers that I'm selling. Let me know if any interest. Roadshow recently shopped out, no wear at the fish. No good gofers is clean with no ramp wear. I'll post pictures later today.

how much for the NGG?

3 weeks later
#1583 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Just missing out on how the auction house profits from fake "winning" bids...doesn't make sense.

on ebay, big businesses that are shady will set up fake 'buyer' accounts and shill bid up a price. The buyer obviously never pays and they seller just claims non-payer so no fees. This appears to be in effort to try and change public perception on a specific title or to sway some of the tracking algortithms. I remember a fw years ago an AFM got shilled way up and then a bunch of other auctions/sales followed suit as people bought in to the "new" standard for AFM pricing.

2 months later
#1751 7 years ago

Hope it doesn't kill these kind of threads,
Anyone interested in starting a Facebook group or something similar? I know we have a colorado group for tournament info and what not already

just another nail in the coffin

LMK if you guys get another spot going.

#1764 7 years ago

Machine - For Sale
NIB - New in box (distributor/business) - “Not that it matters, but I need a new (used) car. Priced for no hassle sale. SOLD for 8000. Willing to ship if buyer arranges. Game is one of the last 20 built in the production r...”
2016-08-06
Madison, WI
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 3386 times

Coming to CO in a month and could likely assist with transport.

1 week later
#1781 7 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

lascruces.craigslist.org link
Bally Transporter 6k - Way out of price for me, but a great rare machine. Posting her so that there's maybe a chance it will move a bit closer for future stalking and leering visits at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown.

that is funny!

He is 3x the real value!

#1800 7 years ago

I am making my anual trip out for family, pinball, and music in CO.

Keeping my eyes open for games on my wishlist. Anyone thinking of selling anything? Radical, Andromeda, Spectrum, Callic Ballys?

Let me know. Room for 1 on the way home.

#1801 7 years ago

also >> how many of you are going to Dory?

#1805 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I'm not selling my Radical, but maybe you have something interesting enough for me to trade it?

send me your wishlist and we can discuss.

#1807 7 years ago

that makes it tough I guess.

My colelction is public and up to date. Probably not a whole lot I am looking to part with but feel free to PM.

#1812 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

need some of that myself

what are you selling

#1818 7 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Me! Just posted the official event post last night: https://www.facebook.com/events/1755540688043808/
Would love to see everyone there - last year we had over 50 people. It's worth coming even if you aren't into playing tournaments.

awesome! Can you provide details for a first timer on what to bring to be prepared?

We have 2 cabins and are bringing 2 games. Rob and Taro will be in 1 cabin. My wife, I, and our 3 girls in the other one.
Plan was basically to show up with the pins on Friday morning, bring booze and party favors.

What other things do we need to bring logistically? Are there tarps for blocking in games to keep them safe? extension cords?

We are traveling from quite the distance and the ride is packed so we will need to be effecient but want to have what we need.

I also hope all you crazy CO folks make it a point to go to Dory! If I can drive 15 hours for it, you can drive a coule to hang out and have fun!

#1820 7 years ago
Quoted from rad:

so true. same here.

I keep saying I can help you guys with that problem

Just pm me what you want to possibly sell... I have room for 1 to bring home when I am out there. Heck, if I get it early enough in my trip, I will take it to Dory for another game.

#1824 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I have my Big Lewboski tweaked and dialed in. Now its time for real world testing.
Party at my house tomorrow night Wednesday, 08/24/16. - 6 to 10:30-ish.
Yes, you can bring a guest but no Nihilist or rug pissers.
Hope to meet some new people and I'm a lot nicer than some on Pinside believe. - Contact me privately for details.
Kim

you are 1 week too early Kim~

Have fun! Wish I could be there!

#1829 7 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I've been twice, brought a pin each time, and only had a campsite each time (and thus had to bring a tent and sleeping bag).
An extension cord for each game is good to have...they seem to be almost always needed. Tarps, also somewhat required. If the weather is not great, you'll need them. If the weather is great, you'll also need them to block out glare from the sun. Just a cheap tarp or two that you could staple to a wood cabin.
Other than that, I bring: sunscreen, sunglasses, clothes for warm weather (could be 70s and hot sun during the day) and cold weather (it will be 30's or 40's at night at 9000 feet), a container for drinking water out of (there are spigots), and food. I haven't slept in a cabin so I'm not sure what the bedding situation is - I'm guessing it's BYO?
But, I'm pretty low maintenance, so maybe you'd get a different opinion from someone else. There is one of those campground type convenience stores on-site, so you can get general camping stuff & snacks from there if needed. Although I wouldn't count on extension cords or tarps

thanks

1. How big of a tarp?
2. How long of an extension cord?

We are pretty low maintenance also. Just want to make sure the pins are prepared and protected.

#1833 7 years ago

any good bourbon fans going to Dory?

Maybe we can all bring some good stuff (i.e. limited release and rare bottles) to share.

Let me know and I could bring some pappy or OFBB or ?; as I think I have a spare lying around.

#1842 7 years ago

too bad it was not arranged earlier as I would have been happy to haul it to Denver. Unfortunately i am now full on the trip out.

#1844 7 years ago

one week away from being out there. Any CO folks have anything for sale or thinking about selling?

I have room to fit 1 more on the way home. I like all sorts of stuff.

#1848 7 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

You Better stop by and say HI!
JJ

remind me, when are you open/around?

#1852 7 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

8-5 M-F and 10-4 on Saturdays. Closed this Sat and Monday for Holiday.
LMK when you think you will be in and I will try and make sure I'm here

Wendesdayo morning? Maybe around 10 or 11?

#1853 7 years ago

While I am out here, my brother has a Cue Ball Wizard in nice shape that he would like to trade. Comet LEDs, Red Titan rubbers, most of the game torn down last year and rebuilt mechs w new sleeves, etc... I did the work prior to giving it to him.

Typical cab dings but nothing crazy.

Game plays perfectly and clean throughout. I can post up pics if anyone is interested. Please PM for trade offers. Can add cash for right game. Needs to be fully functioning and gone over as I don't want to work on a new pin while I am out here on vacation. ROad trip in the front range is cool.

LMK

#1855 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

While I am out here, my brother has a Cue Ball Wizard in nice shape that he would like to trade. Comet LEDs, Red Titan rubbers, most of the game torn down last year and rebuilt mechs w new sleeves, etc... I did the work prior to giving it to him.
Game plays perfectly and clean throughout. I can post up pics if anyone is interested. Please PM for trade offers. Can add cash for right game. Needs to be fully functioning and gone over as I don't want to work on a new pin while I am out here on vacation. ROad trip in the front range is cool.
LMK

He may sell outright if someone is interested.

#1858 7 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

See you then! Woohoo tomorrow

Sorry, plans changed and up in the mountains now so won't make it down.

Too many fun things to do,in CO and never enough time.

#1862 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LMK

If anyone is interested in CBW while i am back in superior on thurs then hit me up.

#1863 7 years ago

Headin up to lyons today if anyone wants to play some games.

#1867 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I'd like to find a very nice condition Doctor Who. Does anyone have one available?

Someone has eyed out a new iso after dory

1 month later
#1910 7 years ago
Quoted from am3477:

Hey all,
So while I love this hobby, I just haven't had the same level of interest lately. So what that means.... Everything is for sale. I am not going to list prices, but will sell for what I deem to be fair. Direct message me if you have genuine interest. Depending on what people want, and/or have interest in, I may keep one. Just haven't decided which. What I have:
Big Hurt
Iron Man Vault Edition (HUO original owner)
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Wizard of Oz Emerald City (HUO original owner)

just as a heads up, new pinside rules require you to list prices for any game valued over 2500 (I think that is the cutoff) and put them in the maketplace.

#1912 7 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Hey guys,
I'm going to be selling my Evel Knievel pinball machine. I must admit, I got a killer deal on the machine. Unfortunately I need fair market value for it because of my current situation. Earlier this year I sold my Iron Man thinking I was going to pick up KISS from a fellow pinsider. Then my taxes came in and I got hit pretty hard. There went my IM/pinball funds... So basically I'm desperate for some extra cash to get something new in my depleted collection.
It was pretty dirty when I got it. I basically took everything off and cleaned it, replaced all the rubbers. There's still a few bulbs I need to replace...(lazy). And one display (player4) is out. So what do you guys think "fair market value" is on this one? Check out my game room. Thanks.

need photos of BG and boards to properly assess.

decent pf but pretty bad ball swirls.

1 month later
#1958 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I'm really hoping that they will eventually realize that they damaged an enjoyable part of their site, and loosen this restriction.

amen to that!

Pinside ads have all but dried up. Seems the majority of stuff has now gone to FB groups and other local/regional sites.

Sad to and I really enjoyed the ability to banter and toss out possible FS, WTB, trades in these threads.

1 week later
#1981 7 years ago

My brother (in Superior) will likely be listing his nice condition Cue Ball Wizard in the next couple of days on your local Clist.

Before I gave it to him, I stripped the pf and rebuild all mechs, new sleeves, rebuild all drops with new targets where needed and new decals, installed comet 2SMD warm frosted throughout, titan red silicone, etc... The standard full refurb so it would be solid for him.
Full flipper rebuilds also.

Strong and clean playing game. Clean boards and nice DMD. All in all, a nice example of CBW.

I think he will be listing at 1750obo.

PM me if you want his info before he puts it up. Easy load out from 1st floor.

Only reason he is selling is because he has room for 2 pins and I bought a game that he will be storing (and playing) for the next few months till I swing out to grab it.

#1983 7 years ago

My bro put up is CBW.

It is OBO so feel free to reach out to him and talk details.

#1984 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My bro put up is CBW.
It is OBO so feel free to reach out to him and talk details.

Sold and gone.

#1988 7 years ago

I will be making a trip to CO at some point in the next couple months.

If someone wants to buy then I am sure I could assist with transport en route to Boulder.

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Nice Demolition Man. Recent full tear down (both top and bottom), rebuilt/resleeve mechs, cleaned everything, Titan translucent silicone installed, Comet 2 SMD frosted LEDs instal...”
2016-12-15
Madison, WI
2,300 (OBO)
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 2624 times

#1995 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

That's actually not odd at all... I cannot for the life of me keep craigslist replies out of my Yahoo Mail spam folder.

well... there is your problem

get rid of yahoo old man

1 month later
#2033 7 years ago

there is a colorado facebook buy/sell group if youre interested pm me

i am interested and would like to join

1 week later
#2044 7 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

free pinball lessons

will there be shasta and lunch meat for lunch breaks?

#2045 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Let me know if you have any of these you'd like to sell. In no particular order: Fireball (only the original EM), Flash Gordon, Centaur, Voltan Escapes Cosmic Doom, Time Fantasy, Four Million B.C., Paragon, Fathom, Silverball mania, Future Spa, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Blackwater 100.

fantastic list of games!!!! Good luck in the hunt.

#2047 7 years ago

Someone help Russell find one of these sweet games to bring to Dory Hill next year!

you have it all wrong. He goes to Dory hill to figure out new games to add

#2048 7 years ago

Any of you guys coming out for www.midwestgamingclassic.com ?

#2057 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I'd consider letting my collection go for $150,000.00

being GENEROUS in pricing I can find less than 80k.

I suppose if someone is looking to buy a cockie cutter lineup quickly then they would be expected to pay a premium, but 2x?

#2059 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I think he was joking, certainly a real offer like that wouldn't be broadcast to the thread.
Not sure what a cockie cutter is either, the guy can like what he likes.

just a commonly refered to term for any colleciton that consists mainly of the top X list. Agreed that we all have different tastes. A cookie cutter one will cost a pretty penny given the desirability and price point of the typical A list top X collection, but shoudl still not be 2x current rate.

That said, I could see some people that are more than willing to pay a sizable premium for the ease of this type of collection. For example, there a 3 local guys I know of that overpay on every A list title that comes around. They have the money and like it easy. They will pay 1.5 market in many cases just to have the collection assembled for them.

#2061 7 years ago

i cant speel good. we all know that

1 week later
#2074 7 years ago

Can anyone in CO (Boulder/Superior Area specifically) led a hand for an hour or so of tech work?

I have a Dr Who at my brothers place which I bought and will pick up in 6ish months. He is cool with keeping it there for me as he gets to play it. My brother is not competent when it comes to pinball and the game is having a few issues that I think are pretty minor.

1. upper pop bumper sounds to not be working (guiessing just switch adjustment or a wire broke off)
2. Time expander is "acting wierd" says it 'goes up or down at odd times; (again guessing some switch adjustments)

Happy to pay for a competent person to swing over with gear and spend an hour or 2 adjusting things and tweaking them to work correctly. Game came form a fellow pinsider and I think it is plenty solid overall, so shoudl not be too much.

I would like to have it playing well so my brother can enjoy it (more importantly so my neice can enjoy it) until I pick it up in 6 months.

Please let me know if you can help. If you know anyone that can help and you cant, then please let me know.

I can give you my brothers # and you guys can set up a time to stop by and work on the game.

thanks VERY much for any help.

2 months later
#2145 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I just put up a Craigslist ad for miscellaneous things I'm selling. Some of it game room related such as bar stools and decorations. Also selling one of my custom made light display cabinets with the playfield.
If you've not been to my house and seen it, the cabinet top is hinged to open so you can slide in whatever same size playfield you like into it. Individual lights flash behind each insert in random patterns much like the attract mode of a real machine. My pictures look like crap but you get the idea. Thanks

Sweet pf box!

#2148 6 years ago

Hey Colorado people. I know I have invited a few of you personally, but wanted to toss out the heads up. I plan to open the registration for Mad Rollin Pinball this next weekend.

The event is the premier charity event in the region and I would love to see a few of you make the trip over to Madison.
In short, it is a pingolf style event in the morning where you play on the opposite course as your partner. There is an invididual playoff for IFPA and then a team pinbrawl event in the afternoon. It is a full day of awesome pinball and good times.

Best part is that we raise money to say "F cancer". This year the funds will go to another member of the extended pinball family in order to help lesson the finacial burden so they can focus on the helath and fighting the good fight.

check out www.madisonpinball.com later this week for details (I will get registration info up later this week).

just wanted you to get a heads up now, as this event sells out every year (80 players last year so a pretty big thing for those point hunters)

#2162 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

if you suspect that it is just in the boards, then you can ship them out to Rob Anthony (lockwhenlit.com).

I second this! Rob is by far the best board tech and most reasonable prices I have found!

4 weeks later
#2209 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I sent you a sincere apology more than a week ago which you have chosen to ignore. And instead, it would seem you'd prefer to snipe at me on Pinside and pick little fights.
We can continue in this manner if you choose but I'd prefer not to. Unlike you, I will gladly accept your email or you can meet me at the Denver show and talk it out.
Kim

WTH are you talking about?

Relax Kim. Not sure what fight you are picking with someone again but based on your previous transgressions of confronting people at pinball shows, it is not cool to be insinuating you will be doing it again...

Just leave it alone and stop making a big stink about everything!!! People go to pinball shows to relax and have fun, not to have to worry that you are going to come verbally confront them in person.

not sure where the content went, but nobody wants another Aurich confrontation situation to deal with when at a pinball show
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/168#post-3401181

#2219 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

And new software coming soon (apparently).

awesome! I had not heard that!

#2225 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hit me up for an argument or a misunderstanding if you like.

see you soon

1 month later
#2344 6 years ago

I will be visiting your lovely state at the end of the month. I am transporting a pin from my lovely state to yours for a fellow pinsider...

Only seems fair that I find one to trasport back to WI on the return trip home

What do you guys have you are thinking about selling?
My wishlist is up to date for the most part, but I like classic Bally games and oddballs so hit me up if you have something you are thinking of sending on its way. I have cash and am easy to work with.

#2349 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

this is on CL here:

thanks. Anyone know whom that is? and if they are negotiable. Looks solid in the photos but a bit more than I want to pay for that title (also that one is lower on my ISO list).

#2350 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

this is on CL here:

found this ad on here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/51757

Very confused as that says the poster is in AL and not CO even through the ad lists as in Denver??? Scammer?

#2353 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Hey whysnow I have a pretty nice Bally City Slicker I am finishing up .. That is if you head through Nebraska on your way to Denver. Also have a Stern Lightning , Space Jam, Cue Ball Wizard. I may also sell my Stern ST pro huo... Not that you could haul others but mentioning just for reference to others... I check this thread whenever I have pinball money to spend..

you are right on the trip home. I am possibly interested in the city slicker. I will send a PM now.

#2363 6 years ago

I know this is likely way off topic... but I have to ask.

Anyone have a line on a spare set of tickets for ANY night of the upcoming labor day run of Phish concerts at Dicks?

My brother and sister-in-law just informed me they would like to attend 1 night (any of the 3, fri,sat, or sun of labor day weekend).
Previous years they were easy tickets to find, but this year they are tough to find.

Any help is greatly appreciated and if you would be so kind as to ask around any of your friends or connections, it would be greatly appreciated.

2 weeks later
#2379 6 years ago

Ill be out in your next of the woods later this week. Planning to hit up Lyons on Thursday afternoon/early evening if anyone wants to say hi.

I am always hunting and have an open car on the way back if anyone has anything they are looking to sell

#2382 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

That's the final league night for MHPL...so, lots of people will be there.
Starts at 7:30pm. The league only uses 5 machines per night, so although it will be crowded, most of the other games will be open. See you there!

thanks for the info. We will definately try to get their earlier then so we can play the games before it gets too packed.

Will they note which games are used for league in advance (so we can play those prior to league)?

You should plan to come a bit early and hang.

4 weeks later
#2439 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Is the Spectrum game on Craigslist anyone here?
$3500 seems way too high. What's it worth?

I agree, probably 1k too high.

Limited photos but looks like a nice example. nice ones sell for 2500 give or take

3 weeks later
#2472 6 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

It fits in nicely with all the rest of the absurdly priced pinballs on Denver Craigslist.
Edit: did some readin' up on BBB. Apparently this is the going rate now. I was out of line.

actually, not even close to 20k

Here is the last documented sale on pinside for 15k
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-big-bang-bar-1#post-3682355
and that one came with over 2k in spare parts, LEDs/OCDLED, etc...

your first sentiment was correct. it is absurdly over priced.

2 weeks later
#2512 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Follow up to Big Bang Bar.
I received full payment a couple of days ago and shipping arrangements have been made. New owner tells me Craters & Freighters will be charging around $1700 depending on final weight. I have it wrapped and cardboarded waiting pick up.
I have two friends here in Colorado that own BBB and I know they are following this thread. I got $20,000.00 and it sold in less than a week. New owner even told me at the start there was no point in negotiating the price as he was satisfied. I also had two very solid back up offers and one of them tried to snipe the deal by offering me more money. - Food for thought.

def a better buy than a non functioning Magic Girl... I think we can both agree on that.

BBB is actually a fun game to play and greta theme! Congrats on the sale and to the new owner!

2 weeks later
#2554 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

My father Herman Knapp was KIA in 1967 in the Vietnam War (Operation Rolling Thunder)I was 3 years old . Herm was 37
My Mother Helene Knapp was the National Coordinator of National League of POW/MIA Families in 1972-1974
I will take you up on free shipping . My Father and my Mother earned it for me.

Thanks for the service of you family, but it is not really the same thing as you being in the service.
Contact kp and see

#2558 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Very true . Sad all the same . I out lived my own father by 16 years . Operation Thunder what a mess that was . Happy Thanksgiving .

Happy turkey day Rob. Hope tommorrow is better.

1 week later
#2578 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Colorado Game Exchange is now a JJP distributor ...
Nice move.
Stern, CGC, American Pinball and now JJP. One stop shopping for NIB games!

interesting. Last time this happened, Stern apparently was not happy.

1 month later
#2667 6 years ago

I'm gonna start up another beginner's league in fort Collins soon

I would love to hear what the begginers league is and how you run it...

I am looking for fresh ideas to bring in and keep new people playing for fun

#2672 6 years ago

That is awesome stuff Dave!!!!!!!!

2 months later
#2897 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Maybe an IFPA best of 7 challenge match would be more exciting?

I cant believe we did not find time at TPF to do some of those...

2 weeks later
#2923 6 years ago

Selling for that sweet sweet cash is a lot easier than a very restricted trade guideline, then you can purchase the game you want

not in the case of a rare game I have found. Often trade bait is the only way... Medusa is good trade bait as nice ones dont come up too often.

1 month later
#3002 5 years ago
Quoted from 1iblind:

I have to agree with this. It's especially hard for for those of us that aren't local. I'd bring 2 games if that meant we'd get 2 weekend passes. But for my wife and I to get in "free" we would need to bring 4. When we went to TPF this year we brought 2 games and received 2 weekend passes, 2 goodie bags that included a poster, custom challenge coin, TPF branded cup, and a few more things I'm probably forgetting. The drive to Dallas is longer but the incentives make the trip worth it.

yeah, it is completely nuts to try and give out only the current incentives for bringing TWO games. That should be the incentive for bringing ONE game in order to be comparable to other shows.

1 game = 1 weekend pass, 1 after party pass at minimum. Ideall some bonus perks on top of that if the game stays the whole weekend.

top it all off that this show has a super high entry fee of $85 for a weekend gen admission pass.

I contemplated driving out the 14hrs this year but looking at the incentives and it is not worth it.

#3010 5 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

I don't get the thinking here. I understand it is a big undertaking to drag games out of your basement or game room to bring to the show. Its really not about the money to me. I do it to share my games and give back to the pinball community. Its like having a classic car that just sits in your garage, only you appreciate it. I truly enjoy sharing my efforts of bringing a game back from the dead and watching others enjoy it. I'm sure all of you Pinsiders will agree, there is nothing like going to a show and seeing that one game you never see, and its tuned great and you get to spend the weekend playing it! The person that brought that game most likely did it out of passion for Pinball, not because they got in free. That's what this should be about.
The Denver show is in line with many other shows around the country for bring games incentives. Tacoma is 1-2 games for one pass as well. have to bring 3-4 for two passes, same as Golden State.
If your griping about money and you own multiple games, you probably should find another hobby. Aint nothin cheep about pinball... Shouldn't a hobby be about passion? Any hobby you need to put effort into to truly have it become rewarding. If your in it for the money, its not a hobby!
Too many people want to bitch about every little detail they don't like. BE HAPPY pinball and these shows exist! Support your local shows, Help them to succeed. None of these shows owners are killing it on running these shows. They do it for pinball! Try running one of these events your self and see how many hours you put into it, then put up with the people that just want to complain. We are truly lucky these people have thick skins and continue to have a passion for Pinball and continue year after year to make these shows as great as they are able to. Put your self in these peoples shoes!
Sorry to hi-jack this thread... Sorry for venting, Ill get of my soap box now.
Pinside is way to toxic these days, its sad.

The reality is that the CO show is not in line with the incentives of other good shows (MGC, TPF, etc...) At those 1 game = 1 pass/party
You need to also understand while this is a passion for most of us and we do it for the love, many times the show organizers are doing this for a business and these shows can make big money. Some make upwards of 60k for a single show. Those profits only come if there are the games to run the shows.

I would love to support the CO show and bring a game, but the incentives just dont add up for the effort. I would love to make a trip out to see my brother and bring 2 games and hang out for a weekend, but 2 games = 1 pass/party just does not work and instead of 2 more games the show will end up with zero games. Sucks because I would love to help out (I always do) and despite the negative things I have heard about the organizer from many, I am fine with him making a hefty profit for his efforts of putting the show on, but the incentives need to match up for the collectors also.

This is esp true when there are so many great shows to support and be part of. Always great to support your local show, but lets be honest that after the game is loaded the extra effort to support a show that takes care of collectors/game bringers even if it means a little more travel is not hard to overcome.

#3025 5 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

I hope the lack of incentives doesn't keep you from visiting your brother and coming to the show to at least hang out and give your support. If you come out, look me up, lets play some games. Ill be at the show all weekend helping with whatever I can.

Lem

appreciate the offer

#3032 5 years ago

big ups to Game Exchange bringing 39 pins and KMac is lined up for 21, over 40% of the 138 pins listed to show up!

Quick question, is RMPS on this list the show organizer?

If so, it appears he is only bringing 1 game himself... Appears that bringing 2 games is not worth the incentive to him either.
https://www.pinballshowdown.com/game-list.html

#3036 5 years ago

That is a different Dan. Looks like Dan N, who runs the show is bringing one under RMPS, an Evel Knievel

Thanks for the confirmation.

2 months later
#3154 5 years ago

In theory, I've never changed out any motors on a pin. How hard would it be to find one that could run off the original hardware/software without burning up or other issues ? Could be a cool mod that would make the game 100% more playable.

If you can find the motor it would be easy.

Gearing is what needs to fit. If motor just spins faster but is same voltage then should be all good.

1 month later
#3214 5 years ago

If anyone has a solid pin in the sub 2k range, Please let me know. Would need to be a family friendly type theme.

I would like to find a 2nd game for my brother (more specifically my 5 year old niece).
I bought him/her a Teed off a few years ago and now she is getting to the age where she has some skills and really loves playing pinball.

I like being part of her life even though I only get to see here 2 or 3 times a year. Being the cool uncle is fun so starting to shop around for something else to surprise them with. Classic games are good as she is at the age where simple rulesets mean something to her.

#3218 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Saw this 1983 Joust Pinball on CL tonight. I love playing the one at Lyons Classic Pinball. Never seen one for sale before:

actua;;y appears to be in nice shape and a fair price if it really is working 100%

2 months later
#3342 5 years ago

May be selling or trading 1 or both >>>

Nice condition Black Hole. All refurbed in the not too distant past. Ground mods all done, clean boards, nice displays, nice bglass and newer motor, avg condition pf (nice under original mylar but some wear in the typical spots outside of mylar and avg cab. Complete and comes with some extra parts (tube a few plastics, etc...) Plays strong. 2400obo

HUO Monopoly with nice topper (lasserific one? that lights up). Clean and as expected for a HUO Monopoly (Edit: per pinside rules no games over 2500 can be listed in in regional club threads without an advert also > Monopoly for trade and I would value it at 3400obo)

Hit me up if interested. No rush but may get proper photos and blast them out to the usual places in the next week.

You all know what I like > classics, oddballs, etc...
Cash and local is cool also.

Cross posting in CO thread as many of you know me and I do often take a trip out to visit family each fall/winter (nothing planned right now but a full price purchase could incentivize a trip west for me )

1 month later
#3384 5 years ago

Cant see this one lasting long for you... Head over to campus west and play Kim's a few times then give up the hunt for this one

good advice. no lasting power for that one.

1 month later
1 week later
1 week later
#3548 5 years ago

Looking for a paperboy arcade to buy. Anyone have any leads?

2 months later
#3722 5 years ago

saw that on the outlanes lol. looks like a game youd be bored with after 1 play no matter how hard you set it up
edit: i see he dropped it to 900 already, yesterday it was "1050 FIRM!"
if anyone picks it up, it is suppose to have 2 balls in the captive ball area on the left side.

actually a challenging and fun game when set up well.

That looks like a solid example that will clean up nicely.

seriously... someone grab that quick.

Clean it and play the snot out of it.

1 week later
#3743 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “A nice EBDLE up for trade or for sale. Very NICE cabinet and coin door (seriously, look how clean in and out!) Very Nice backglass. Everything rebuilt and cleaned with Comet LEDs a...”
2019-04-29
Madison, WI
2,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 1640 times

I will likely be making an annual summer visit to CO (kind waiting to see if I get a cabin for Dory), so figured i'd toss this out for CO pinheads

#3747 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

A lot of people know that Hilton and I don't like one another. And that's OK as I would guess many of you guys might have issues within your circle, as a lot of people do. It's a unfortunate part of human nature especially among those of us that are opinionated and pig headed.
That said, it is my sense and understanding that Hilton is a very reliable buyer and seller and I would encourage anyone interested in his game to reach out to him. It's also my strong guess that you will find his pictures and description as credible.
Thanks for reading. - Kim

thanks Kim

#3757 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I think he's good as long as he doesn't buy that Hotdoggin

agree with this

anyone thinking of buying it need to be smacked
they also should check it out in person before shipping that in...

#3763 4 years ago
Quoted from Nate:

Hi All,
I need to free up some space in my game room. I have a perfect William's Road Show, and a perfect Spooky Pinball Rob Zombie (non LED) with the shaker mod and LCD apron mod.
I'm north east of Boulder. Please PM me if interested.
Thanks
-Nate

Nate is a great guy and all his games are exactly as described.

2 weeks later
#3819 4 years ago

Anyone in CO have a BMX pinball to sell?

4 months later
#4043 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I recently got a walking dead pro, love it so much I want to trade for a premium.
Let me know if anyone is interested in a trade or has a premium (or maybe LE) for sale.

The pro plays MUCH better IMHO. Make sure you go play the prem before actually buying.

#4045 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Premium all the way, I love the extras, won't say it necessarily enhances the game play but adds a few extra dimensions to an already amazing game. Still one of my favorites to this day.

To each their own, but lift ramp and crossbow ruin it for me.

10 months later
#4481 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Selling some things.... All in my garage except the Night Moves for easy loading.
Walking Dead Premium - Very nice, up/down ramp is dialed in. ColorDMD. $4,500K
World Poker Tour - This was a dark time for Stern playfields. This WPT has by far the most level inserts of the 10 or so I've looked at over the years. Very nice game overall. ColorDMD. $3,300
Virtual Pinball - VPCabs Wizard. Upgraded to 1070TI video card and i7 processor. Includes 2 TV's, the original and a 2nd 4K set. 4K set fits and looks good, but doesn't bolt in so you have to remove to move. Otherwise, original TV works and mounts as designed. Software is going to need some tinkering. Software 80% works. This machine is going to need to be tinkered with and some time put into it. Software mostly though, hardware should be minimal or good to go. Extra parts like motherboards etc. $2,000
Night Moves - Excellent condition. System 80 main board replaced with Swemmer. Little to no wear on play field. Glass isn't perfect, but you could always get a shop to cut you a new piece. $1,000

Night moves is the best cocktail table ever!

1 week later
#4503 3 years ago

deleted

#4505 3 years ago

deleted per request

#4509 3 years ago

deleted per request

1 week later
#4528 3 years ago

What up Colorado.

I am planning a trip out in early Nov.

I should have room to transport 1 game, so planting the seed now in case somebody is in need of my services.

Needs to be easy on this end for pick up (game to me in advance is best; I can possibly store for a bit prior to trip). Needs to be easy on drop off also (my destination is Superior/ Boulder area).

I have done this a few times in the past and basically charge a minimal fee to cover the hassle/ help w gas.

#4534 3 years ago

100% endorse Hilton's service. Had him bring me a game years ago. Wouldnt hesitate to have him bring a game this way.

thanks guys and happy to help. It seems silly to drive out and have space in the vehicle. Typically ask $200ish for the gas offset of transport which is less than half of what typical shipping would be and I obviously treat it better than LTL.

It may be good timing if anyone is looking for a Champion Pub. I have a solid game which is getting a full tear down (Comet 2SMD LEDs, full teardown of all mechs and resleeve, flipper rebuild, etc...) now. I plan to play it for a few months after the full shop and then will put it up for sale. Just worth mention.

#4536 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Very cool that you offer this service when you’re headed to CO, I’ll hope to take you up on it someday!

no worries. I know shipping a game (esp super nice or rare) can be nerve racking. Always nice to have a pinhead help with transport to know it is safe inside a vehicle. LTL can be a crap shoot and expensive. For LTL a game is often going to change trucks at minimum 4 times and sit in depot in multiple spots where it changes trucks, loaders, drivers...

I have moved games all over the nation at this point and if I am taking a road trip I am almost always empty on the way out but returning full. I often buy a game in advance and then bring it home. Feels god to help someone else out while also offsetting both gas costs and the conservation guilt of driving 14hr 1 way just to get there

4 months later
#4902 3 years ago

I know how Kim rolls.

$69.69

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.