IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Onwallst.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1659 7 years ago

I have a lotr that I am parting with as I have two. It is a awesome playing game. I am firm at $5800 which is what I have into It. I know $5800 is on the higher side of the price range but this one is really nice playing as I have owned a few of them. It is still slightly under the price book.

#1665 7 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

That's the one that was at the showdown.

Yes it is.

#1676 7 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

I have a lotr that I am parting with as I have two. It is a awesome playing game. I am firm at $5800 which is what I have into It. I know $5800 is on the higher side of the price range but this one is really nice playing as I have owned a few of them. It is still slightly under the price book.

Sold quickly to a new home.

3 weeks later
#1734 7 years ago

I am seeing you tomorrow and have new glass. How much do you need. Just PM me.

7 months later
#2082 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

I have one in my game room. Where are you located? I'm in Windsor/Loveland if you want to give it a try.

There is a Ghostbusters LE located in Mutiny Book Store and Cafe on broadway in Denver. Also he has a new Rob Zoombie and there was a Cactus Canyon there until Monday this week. He charges 50 cents per game.

#2083 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Is anyone in Colorado going to get the new Alien machine and put it on location?

Again same as my last post he is putting a Alien on location at Mutiny Book Store and cafe on broadway in Denver. You will have to find out from Ryan when it is arriving.

#2090 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Ryan with Comet in Boulder?

No local operator his last name start with a P. I didn't think I should post it.

10 months later
#2727 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

My MMr is already getting lonely. I'm ready to pull the trigger on #2. Looking for a HUO LotR in Colorado.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/59196

Simple pickup AFMrLE. You can still find them for a few weeks. $8300 to your door you will love it.

#2728 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Simple pickup AFMrLE. You can still find them for a few weeks. $8300 to your door you will love it.

#2733 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I tried that at Gex when I bought the MMr. I like it, but it's too much like MM for me to have both. I think my collection will top out at three (maybe four) games. I want the playfields and gameplay to be distinct from each other.

Cool. One of my favorite games is Star Trek the Next Generation very different game and gets played a lot. I have had a few Star Wars and I would avoid. The champion pub on Craigslist is a great game very different than any other game. Lord of Rings is a very good game and different the MMr.

#2738 6 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Champion Pub is a turd. There is a reason you can always find one for sale.

Champ pub is not turd. It is great game but need a deep pinball collection as it so different. The rule set is great.

#2739 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I love ST:TNG. I played it alot back in the day. I tried the new Star Wars, and I wasn't crazy about it either. I'm really liking GB and LotR right now. I think the gameplay on those two would be a nice change from MM.

I will say my GB is one the most liked by outsiders when we have a party. Star Wars was always least liked. GB is good game but can be very difficult at times. Any of the games mentioned would be great. You can always swap one out in coming years. These games played a lot Indiana Jones, MM, Metallica, Lord of Rings, Star Trek LE, STTNG, Hobbit, TOTAN, Spider-man and CV

#2742 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

That's why I own one. There's nothing else like it.

Champion Pub is gone on Craigslist. A friend bought it as he sold his one 11 months ago. Missed it a lot. That game was nice. The planking was not planking but just needed some cleaning. No insert wear. He believes it is a hou game. Welcome to the Pub kid!

1 week later
#2800 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Yeah, well, AFMre is a beauty. I'd opt for the remake in this case.

Yeah but you aren’t seeing originals planking and the fading so quickly. Look at the one at game exchange it was made in October and the orange is white from fading. It also had 4 hairline breaks in the planking on playfeild. I have bought both remakes LE’s nib but there are plus and minuses to both. I would take whthrs original heavily moded MM over my Purchased remakes any day. A great orginal is hard to beat. That said a worn out one is “worn out.” The remakes are incredible games but time will tell how they last and the quality hasn’t been great despite what cheerleaders say.

#2801 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I have my reasons on both accounts. Personal attacks on my profile photo in jest or through PM I have recently received .Yes a Colorado pinside member actually sent me a PM with a negative critique on my profile photo really blew my mind on how insensitive and inconsiderate this individual was. And to then thumbs up is stupid and petty.And not kind or called for. Really . Who cares. I realize it is kind of self absorbed & absurd. I do not care it is me. My personalty . I came back from the brink of (death) from addiction . I should not even be alive . Some one "Up there like me ".Thank the lord. My photo is testament to my sobriety and my physique at age 50 to get my life together and I am damn proud of my self and not afraid to declare it to the world. I do not appreciate your negativity bias and lack of support guys . This forum bums me out. As I am a sensitive individual .

Just ignore idiot posters. It is your profile not his!!! Congratulations

4 weeks later
#2869 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Those are my STTNG, TZ and GoT LE on CL......clearing up some space. Let me know if interested and we can talk price

Wow I could not part with my sttng. What you getting next besides MB.

11 months later
#3576 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Ive got an MBrLE coming but really dont have room for the topper. I cant see keeping it in a box until I sell the game so if anyones interested, $500/obo, Also I have a nice dedicated CarnEvil with orange shotguns for $600.

I will buy for $500. Ping you now.

4 weeks later
#3636 5 years ago
Quoted from Stevebo:

I'm thinning out the herd due to a car wreck 4 years ago and have decided to sell my HUO MM. I'm the original owner of the game and it has never been routed and not really played that much considering how old it is. It's in perfect shape, has no mods, original ROMs, but I do have a subwoofer I bought years ago for the game but never installed. I replaced the rings (first time the rings were replaced) and cleaned the playfield a few years ago before loaning the playfield to a local collector that built his own MM and used my playfield to dupe parts for his game. Right now the game has only 954 total plays. We pretty much only played the game when grandkids would come over for holidays although my wife, son, and I played it the most when I first got the game in 1997.

Added yesterday: I'm asking 9K for the HUO MM.

I am interested just send you a PM with contact info.

#3637 5 years ago
Quoted from Bongiorno:

Sti has gone down hill never again!! Took 3 weeks to get a game from Ca. To Denver charged me 440.. Bullshit .Michelle Bianca doesn't care anymore.. I'll call u back. She never did... There are other company's who will take care of these boxes we take pride in.. Pinn-on..

Guys I have had bad stories. One was on mm original they did not wrap and the worst was on HOU Lotr and Star Trek the Next Generation. The later two were being shipped from North Carolina. The seller called me and said they want to just strap these to the truck without wrapping. I got into it with them. The seller wrapped them for them as they refused. I paid for two pinball machines and box for the topper and all his old parts to get shipped plus the extra insurance. Called STI that day to complain. Games arrived but damage to STTNG. Box was missing with manuals, keys, toppers and parts. I immediately filed a claim as I bought the insurance from them. After 14 months they denied my claim and offered a shipping refund on the box only they lost. No replacement value etc. The insurance is a scam as it is through them with no intent to pay unless the whole truck is compley destroyed. My local STI rep tried to help also to no avail. I now buy outside insurance and STI is last choice.

1 year later
#4871 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thanks for the PM. Yeah, you and I have had a dealing before that left me thinking, "What a jerk." I didn't like your attitude either, but I didn't come here to try and socially embarrass you or damage you in any of your selling efforts. It's okay as I'm "over it." as you pm'd. I've also had dealings with this seller and we either came to an agreement or we didn't. He's an enthusiast who engages more in the business side of pinball over the hobby side and is by far a kinder gentleman than you. This Christmas Eve you will be visited by three spirits that you talked shit about on social media . . . .

Yeah your post is not acceptable. I have sold many games to Brakke and bought stuff and games from him. His games are really nice and does great restoration work. Jon has a business of selling games as a business but he is not a business. He is not charging sales tax, gp&l insurance or commercial space etc. It is bad for real pinball businesses like game exchange. I don’t even figure my time into my games as it is a hobby. To say you have 12 hours in it and you need to paid for it is a joke. For a fish tales $4000 is fair. You don’t freak out. You just say no I can’t do that my bottom dollar is $4200 end of story. The reason he does not want to sell to the Colorado people is he misrepresents his games. Had a new pinball buyer friend get scammed by him. He doesn’t help pinball or new enthusiasts. His luck will run out someday. Most of us don’t want to ship out of state and prefer selling local as we represent what we sell or buy. We all what he and bill are. He will get banned from pinside also in due course, it is just a matter of time.

#4872 3 years ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Its good this stuff is getting out in the open.
It is interesting to see the common denominator in the drama and bad deals.
Jonosborne
Ps: glad to see the mods edited his initial post from this morning.

Well said!

#4873 3 years ago
Quoted from tylery85:

We should be talking about the Blackwater 100 and Mephisto on CL.

That is a awesome and rare game!

#4875 3 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

We can downvote?

Yes I up voted you. Cheers

#4878 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Already been deleted by the author. Sorry I missed it. Who was it a picture of? Any details?

It is back up Kim. It is funny and true. Whoever’s ad that is funny.

denver.craigslist.org link

#4881 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thanks for your insight. Sounds like you have this hobby figured out from every economic standpoint. Give game exchange a call and tell them you want to sell your collection. I promise their offer will offend you. I have friend who buys cars, fixes them up and resells them. Is he damaging local car dealerships? He doesn't pay taxes on it. Instead he pays bills and rent. Im sure if Jon's stock portfolio split he would not be flipping games. Till then he's just trying to get by like the rest of us who are not "Onwallst."

Great one! You obviously know nothing about me. I support JJ and game exchange as he is important to new games in Colorado. I do support all the pinball business and bars that we can play them at. They are truly pinball and bring joy to all pinsiders. These big time flippers come and go. Flipping a few games here and there is part of the hobby. Doing any business you can have fall out as Jon is now seeing.

I am in on renting Lyons out. Great idea.

#4892 3 years ago
Quoted from opt_prime:

Well, it is Festivus season. Now that the Airing of Grievences is completed, I suppose the Feats of Strength is next?

Since we are getting to 2021. Looking for guesses on what will shock! What will awe and what will disappoint the pinball world for 2021. How does pinball do after the end of pandemic in Colorado? What is going to be hot older title and newer titles? What are we hoping for in 2021?

I am hoping that all the pinball locations can reopen and business explodes!

1 week later
#4914 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Whelp after owning arcade games for 15+ years I just shattered my first sheet of glass. Was moving stuff around in the basement as we are getting ready to finish it and I set down the monitor glass for my capcom big blue and it shattered. Whoops. So if anyone has a spare piece or knows a guy haha im in the market

I think I have a sheet. Will go see if I can find it. Bought by accident and never installed. You can have it as I have no use for it.

#4916 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

I think I have a sheet. Will go see if I can find it. Bought by accident and never installed. You can have it as I have no use for it.

Mine is 27 5/8 not 27.

#4917 3 years ago
Quoted from 1iblind:

Looking for a Star Trek the Next Generation if anyone has one for sale. Willing to pick-up or have shipped.

Sttng is one of my favorite games. Very underrated pin. I will keep a look out.

#4927 3 years ago
Quoted from Beau2105:

Anyone looking to sell a Super Chexx bubble hockey table? Also looking buy one of the following. Monster Bash Remake special or limited, Attack from marks special or limited, Stranger Things Pro, Beatles Gold. Thanks!

Beatles Gold on Craigslist for a few weeks FYI .

#4928 3 years ago
Quoted from The_1up:

The 1up Lodo has reopened
Monday - Thursday 3pm - 10pm
Friday - Sunday 11am - 10pm
Limited to 42 people
No reservations. Bring your mask and come on in.
The 1up Colfax and 1up Greenwood are temporarily closed but will reopen soon.

Great news!

#4933 3 years ago
Quoted from DanielJDougherty:

Glad to hear it! Good luck and see you soon

Great to hear. I just listed a Colorado HOU Creature that has been in Littleton since it was bought new in 1993. I am the second owner. Would love to stay in Colorado. Has the rare painted legs that they shipped with from the factory.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/108479

#4935 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

That is a beauty

It is sold and staying locally on Colorado. Yahoo.

1 week later
#4960 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You can spend years on this topic.
My advice, go with your gut, whichever way that may take you.

I have owned both. The remake LE and the originals wpc95. Hands down wpc95 original is only way to go. You can find them for great prices since the remake. The remakes don’t say Willians Bally or their logo anywhere except on the lcd. Just have to watch the market on pinside. They don’t play the same but not starting that debate.

#4961 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Personally I prefer remake, I had an original. AFM is my favorite game of all time. No regrets. There has been some chatter it does not shoot the same which makes no sense to me. Something about 1/100,000 second delay. I guess I am just a good enough player I adapt without realizing it.
Keep in mind these are the same parts, so if you buy an old one and replace the artwork, play field, rebuild coils etc. At what point is it no longer original using all of these remake parts? You buy a restored game with a new play field then you have a remake play field.
I think after you put 5000 games on a new one it may have the nostalgic feel. I am thinking in the 90's they certainly felt crisp and new. This is just my opinion, I love the new games, beautiful and less work to maintain.
As far as Chicago Gaming being gone? Well anything can happen but I highly doubt it. Keep in mind they have a great contract, been in business a very long time. Also remember they are Church hill cabinet. One of the largest cabinet suppliers in the industry. Although that si IRRELEVANT because all parts come from Planetary Pinball, so even if CGC was gone tomorrow you would have parts. In fact, I cannot buy parts from CGC I must order them direct from Planetary. CGC does not support the parts side of the business, not even for a decal damaged during transport. All parts go through Planetary.
Last but not least for those that don't know I am first and foremost a pinhead, but full disclosure I am also a dealer. This does not affect my opinion, in fact my first remake MMR I was not a dealer for the product and still opted to sell my original.
Hope this information helps you decide.
Greg

Yeah but cgc lost jjp and stern since they became a competitor. They use them a little but like before. They use to make the stern playfeilds also. Stern launches 3-4 games a year and jjp one every 18 months. Cgc launches a game every 18-24 months. One can do the math as it doesn’t work great on loss of revenues. You can figure how many cgc sells from how long you can buy a nib LE. Mmr le sold out immediately. Afmr le was around along time and so was mbrle. Love your pinball pro sound speakers for original or remake! A must!

#4962 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Good Point. While my MMR and MBR are great my AFMR playfield is a dimple fest, so mileage may vary indeed.

Yeah mine was “moon patrol” not talking the video game. The colors weren’t right also. Topper was cool on the remake. Also not a fan on how much longer it takes the remake to boot up compared to the original. So happy the day that game left my house. It really depends on the shape you find of each model. I would avoid NIB based on a lot of our experiences. Used you know what you are getting. If you find a HEP restore with original playfield buy it!

#4963 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Yeah mine was “moon patrol” not talking the video game. The colors weren’t right also. Topper was cool on the remake. Also not a fan on how much longer it takes the remake to boot up compared to the original. So happy the day that game left my house. It really depends on the shape you find of each model. I would avoid NIB based on a lot of our experiences. Used you know what you are getting. If you find a HEP AFM restore grab it!

#4965 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

I realize you say you don't want to start that debate but this is what would be a deal breaker for me. I've played hundreds of games on the original, if the remake doesn't feel the same I just can't do it. Greg pointed out the flipper delay issue but from what I've read it was corrected with the 2.0 version chip. A couple of the complaints I saw was that the orbits are not the same and balls don't always loop around back to the flipper. Another was the light lock shot geometry was off and very hard to hit all the way through. Hard to say what to believe, it could be that minor adjustments were needed. I'll go play a ton at Tilt sometime this weekend, which will be great since I've never been. If it feels off then it's original all the way. Sorry to clutter up the for sale thread with this but I know a lot of you guys and value the opinions.

I had two originals next to each other and the remake. When you played them it was unanimous by all the topper is awesome but the game play strength is not in the remake. If you have a color dmd in the original it is a must. I think mmr played like the original but afmr and Mbr is much different. I think cgc really worked hard on mmr to play the same as the original and afm le they decided to try to improve with the screen, topper, lighted speakers and light modes and not focus on original play.

#4970 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Not for me... Anyone know where to get a decent MAME? Turnkey, it's going to someone who doesn't want to mess around, they just wanna play.

CGC has them thru Game Exchange or Colorado Arcade classics.

#4993 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Visited Tilt for the first time yesterday and had a great time. Lots of fun games and was able to meet Mark and talk pinball. AFM SE is a real looker, the oversized DMD was more impressive in person than in pics. I hadn't even finished my first game before I felt something is off. It just doesn't feel the same as the original. It seemed more clunky than smooth. I had quite a few airballs that were either of the SOL cliffy or the edge of the cow ramp. Never seen that before. The orbits seemed inconsistent, almost loose? Not sure how to describe it but the ball seemed to come out at different angles even on solid shots going in. I see now why there's so much debate on if it plays the same. It's definitely still a very nice game but I don't think it's for me.
Anyone got an original for sale?

One will show up shortly I am sure. I told you there is a difference. If one has never played a good original they would not know. We have compared them many times. The remake is beautiful but not the same game.

#5000 3 years ago

Long story short I got a HOU Cactus Canyon and I will be selling my current Cactus Canyon. It has a great playfeild but cabinet decals had the wrinkle problem. I have nos decals and also a spare nos playfeild. Does have CC numbered plate. Plan to sell playfeild separate. PM me if interested.

#5018 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The house I live in now has a proper game room. Moved here specifically because of that feature. Prior to moving here it all started with 1 game in the guest bedroom. Then we got rid of the guest bed and filled that room with games. Then the office room, I moved my desk into our bedroom to make more room for games in the office room. Etc.....it’s how it goes. Lol.... Even now my game room comfortably holds 12 games, but I have over flow areas I can sneak in more, hence my 17 games. LOL. HAVE FUN!

You have a great setup!

#5019 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Well, she's not wrong that's for sure. No worries, one will turn up eventually

Watching for you. We will find one. I have a extra beautiful AFM been holding for a friend and fellow pinsider to pick up. Covid slowed his plans down. Everyone keeps trying to buy it. He still wants it or I would let you have it.

#5020 3 years ago

Really like to keep this original Cactus Canyon in Colorado. It is appearing it is going out of state if someone local doesn’t step up. The playfield is incredible on this game with all matching boards. Only selling as I bought a documented HOU CC.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109101

#5021 3 years ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

You too. You have a great game collection. With TZ my game room is officially full. When I set up the room I thought I might get four in there. Now I have seven. I am starting to think about putting games in a second room. That probably indicates a problem.

It’s never full. You just have to get creative. Always can find another space.

1 month later
#5129 3 years ago
Quoted from Bwheels:

Looking for a Deadpool or Avengers infinity if anyone is looking to sell one.

Great AIQ LE with topper showed up
In pinside market place below cost.

#5139 3 years ago
Quoted from jerryl:

Oh, gee, shucks.....thanks Mike!
I'm actually not real sure on what it's worth, I haven't been following prices for a while. I'm asking $8,000 obo, figuring the obo can settle what's fair for it. Anyone have a thought on that?
I have pics posted, just message me and I'll send the link
I do have a couple people interested, preference is going to them first.
Jerry

That is a fair price for the buyer but a little low. They have been crazy on IJ lately.

7 months later
#5553 2 years ago

All. I am thinking of selling my Space Station and White Water. PM me if interested. Like them to stay in Colorado.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Onwallst.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft?tu=Onwallst and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.