IMG_6277_(resized).JPG
IMG_6278_(resized).JPG
IMG_6279_(resized).JPG
IMG_6280_(resized).JPG
IMG_6281_(resized).JPG
IMG_6282_(resized).JPG
IMG_6283_(resized).JPG
IMG_6284_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KJL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#437 9 years ago

I know this is a FS thread but I am looking for Metallica Pro or LE. Since this is the only Colorado thread I found in the last year do you think we should make this the colorado buy sell thread. What do you think OP?

Plan to pay cash but have really nice IJ Williams with the full brass treatment that I would trade. PM me for the story on this game.

After I find Metallica, looking for Getaway

1 week later
#453 9 years ago
Quoted from Switch:

I couldn't even get that guy to send me pics of the Black Rose he had. Talked to him on two different occasions just trying to get photos since I live 5 hours away. Didn't seem like customer service or making a sale was to high on their list.

I live 5 minutes away and play pool at the Mirage bar upstairs. But this place is strange, a bunch of people playing role playing games when I went in to play. No big deal about what they do but it was like the bar scene from Animal house when we walked it. Nice enough but I'm not going back to play. If you want me to look at a game PM me and I'll make time to check it out but I can tell you right now way over priced from what was there a few months ago.

#487 9 years ago

There are several of us that have posted in this thread that have bought games from Gilbert. I bought a few A list games about 6-8 years ago for $2500 each. Best choice I ever made in pinball. Back then you had to pay before he left or send him USPS money orders if he found one while traveling.

You haven't lived until you experience giving a postal worker $2500 in cash to get 5 $500 money orders and then send them overnight to some hotel in Wisconsin.

I regret the games I passed on (TZ $2500 and MB for $3500, the CC mentioned below) because I couldn't imagine paying that much cash for a game you didn't see yet. But I met others that swore by him and back then he delivered every time for me.

My first 2 games had matching boards that I never had to work on and played 100% when I got them. One had a great playfield and beat cabinet. One had a beat cabinet and great playfield.

6-7 years ago he had MB for $4000 and CC for $5000 at RMPS and they didn't sell. Miss those days.

The final game I bought from him, he just called me out of the blue and told me he found an AFM and he knew I was looking for one. He said he'd just bring it by and I could play it first and pay him then if I wanted it, no need to send the USPS money order.

Now his prices seem crazy I agree. Just wish I had the cash 10 years ago.

#496 9 years ago
Quoted from dankme:

he has 2 pet wolves that you usually get to meet as well!

My daughters still ask about Gilbert. They would both test play the game he brought but really wanted to see which of the 2 wolves he brought by.

That was before he fell ill. We haven't seen him since.

1 month later
#676 8 years ago

Both games I listed are now sold. thanks

No I liked playing it. Was I the only one.

4 weeks later
#751 8 years ago

I have an IJ Williams for sale. Don't plan to go to RMPS due to a conflict since it is so late.

IJ Brass Edition $5500 Or Best Offer
I have not done any work on this game, it has been modded with brass coin door, hinges, side rails, and lock bar. Mirror blades, LED display, and Pinball Pro sub woofer.
Decals were replaced but there is a spot on the right side I can talk about. I think there is a picture.
http://s983.photobucket.com/user/kjlaughlin/library/IJ

I also will probably be putting my Monster Bash up for sale if there is any interest.

MB restored by me last winter $9500 Or Best Offer
New IPB Playfield from “First” Run touched up and fixed by Chris at HEP. Here is a link to pics pre-install
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album525

-All playfield parts were removed and metal parts tumbled and plastic and rubber parts replaced.
-New LEDs added, new plastic set, new ramp flap set,
-All harnesses removed soaked in degreaser and cleaned by hand. All mechs rebuilt including new coil wrappers.
-Cabinet completely stripped repaired and painted. New ground braid, New Decals applied, New legs with Stern metal leg protectors with felt over them.
-New siderails, lockbar, and coin door. Shop out decals added. LEDs in backbox. Backbox warning kept original.

-Original speaker and DMD.

-Here is a link to the whole restore.
http://s983.photobucket.com/user/kjlaughlin/library/MB%20Restore

<Edit> I found a Metallica so don't need that in trade but let me know if you want to propose a trade.

1 year later
#1712 7 years ago

Hey fellow Front Range pinheads. I am putting a game up for sales on the Market this week and wanted to give the local crowd that has helped me a heads up a few days early. I have also been on the pin scene since Firepower so I know know high dollar pins like this one deserve a lot a scrutiny so feel free to say what you think.

Monster Bash that is my 5th complete restore of WPC games.. $9300 with ColorDMD, $8900 without.

Come see it in Littleton 80128. I expected to keep it when I started but am playing all my 80s games more so would see what happens.

Game was completely disassembled and all metal parts tumbled that would fit in my ultra-vibe. All other metal parts re-grained or polished depending on the part.

Cabinet
Was stripped and completely sanded, repaired with bondo and repainted. I did not replace the backbox text on this game like usual as it was very nice but feathered the paint in around it.
• Bottom and inside of cabinet sanded
• All wiring bundled removed and soaked/cleaned in bathtub
• New vinyl tubing and ground braid throughout cabinet
• New 5 piece second generation art from Planetary was applied
• New original style siderails, lockbar and legs.
• New coin door from pinballlife.com
• New shopout decals applied
• New blue start button
• New launch button
• New flipper buttons
• New colorDMD
• New DMD plastic from pinbits
• Original speakers and speaker panel
• New cash box cover
• NVRAM for CPU added
• New glass on order
Playfield
Every single part was removed cleaned and tumbled or replaced.
New IPB first run playfield that I bought over 10 years ago when they came out. This was touched up, had the shooter lane groove corrected, and was clear coated by Chris Hutchins . Playfield re-assembled by me.
• All solenoids removed soaked/cleaned and had labels replaced with planetary pinball labels.
• All three wiring harnesses removed and soaked/cleaned in bathtub
• All metal parts tumbled
• Monster Table / Updown bank completely disassembled and rebuilt with new gears
• Drac disassembled and cleaned but I didn’t open the gear box.
• All solenoid mechanisms completely disassembled and rebuilt
• New slingshot switches
• All stand-up switches replaced except for the Dracula switches.
• New faces for the Dracula targets.
• New ramp flaps including the up-down bank flap
• One new pinbits auto-eddy board and sensor cable
• All new pop-bumper caps, rings, bodies, lamps, and springs.
• All new plastic set, plastic posts and lane guides, and flipper bats
• Complete LED for playfield and backbox
• Kerry protector for mosh pit
• Cliffy protector for ball launch and shooter lane
• Figures kept original
• All flaky micro-switches replaced and tested

280 plays since restore as of tonight. Lock bar has some fine scratches. This is a German game that was re-imported.

I have links to the restore. Shoot me a PM if you want to see even if no interest in game.

Open to trades for Tron, Defender, CV, Getaway so make an offer.

Kenny

IMG_6286_(resized).JPGIMG_6286_(resized).JPG

IMG_6285_(resized).JPGIMG_6285_(resized).JPG

IMG_6284_(resized).JPGIMG_6284_(resized).JPG

IMG_6283_(resized).JPGIMG_6283_(resized).JPG

IMG_6282_(resized).JPGIMG_6282_(resized).JPG

IMG_6281_(resized).JPGIMG_6281_(resized).JPG

IMG_6280_(resized).JPGIMG_6280_(resized).JPG

IMG_6279_(resized).JPGIMG_6279_(resized).JPG

IMG_6278_(resized).JPGIMG_6278_(resized).JPG

IMG_6277_(resized).JPGIMG_6277_(resized).JPG

IMG_6276_(resized).JPGIMG_6276_(resized).JPG

IMG_6275_(resized).JPGIMG_6275_(resized).JPG

IMG_6274_(resized).JPGIMG_6274_(resized).JPG

IMG_6273_(resized).JPGIMG_6273_(resized).JPG

IMG_6271_(resized).JPGIMG_6271_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#1731 7 years ago

A little OT but who do you ship with to sell a game on pallet here in Denver area? Trying to help a buddy who is out of town. I would do the prep work for seller.

While you are at it does anyone sell play field glass that follows this thread?

1 week later
#1745 7 years ago
Quoted from Wyopinball:

Ok so how do you get a current list of pins for sale through Mirage, I am asking since I missed the Fishtales, I don't want to miss another of the three machines I am hunting.
Fishtales
Whirlwind
Funhouse

Last I talked to him in person, he said he keeps his facebook page current with a list of games. I didn't check to see if that is the case today, but it was when I got home right after he told me that a few months ago. I live 10 minutes away and play pool at the Mirage and stop by if they are open when I am there so shoot me a note if you want to get the lowdown on games.

1 week later
#1762 7 years ago

I'm looking for a Williams Defender pinball and other Early 80s games. PM me if you might be interested in selling

9 months later
#2173 6 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

I'm looking for a Williams Defender pinball

bump for 2017

1 week later
#2192 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I will be shipping my boards to Rob Anthony from now on unless some of you have a suggestion. I also could use a reliable tech recommendation or two. PM’s welcomed.

Hi Kim

I used Rob on a WPC 95 A/V board back when they were unobtainium and I wanted someone more talented than myself. So he is a good choice. Is he coming to the show this year ?

Dan Gutchess keeps both 1UPs in tip top shape so you might see if he gets that far North.

#2226 6 years ago

I have an MB and a Firepower playfield that are good for wall art only. $75 each, can bring to RMPS tonight or Sunday if you want them. Leaving at 1:00 for the show today.

#2228 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

pm sent on MB playfield for art

MB is spoken for

1 month later
#2326 6 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

Anyone seen a Metallica road case or Master of Puppets LE up for sale in a while? Interested in one but it depends what they're selling for....

There is a monsters for sale in AZ that looks to be a great price. I looked for a year in 2015 for a premium that close and never found it. Bought my pro and don't need the hassle of 2 sales for the difference.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-drop-metallica-premium-huo-5800

3 weeks later
#2375 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm about to order a Stern Spike shaker motor kit from Pinball Life.

Damn I just ordered one this morning. No kidding. Wish I thought of that. It has already been shipped or I'd try to do something.

4 months later
#2717 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I finally bought myself my first machine...NIB MMr with color DMD. Got it from GEX in Denver. It was just what I remembered.

Great choice! I worked in a Williams flavored arcade in the 80s (Firepower, Black Knight, Both Defenders, Robotron, Joust,) and played on location since and remember MM as the last good game before I had my first kid. I went through the closure of the Williams pinball division but didn't remember much until I played MM again at a local bar in the neighborhood I just moved to. Totally revived the feelings. I bought a beater Firepower as my first so good job on an awesome first pin. Welcome.

1 year later
#3518 5 years ago

I have a USED please note USED MB plastics set plus other stuff like pop caps and some posts for free if you pick up. From a restore I did a few years ago and want some shop space. I think only the shooter lane plastic is broken but could be wrong. I'm in 80128

1 month later
#3602 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I have always used STI. Shipped the machine on the legs. No Pallet. My theory; a pallet invites a fork lift, a forklift invite disaster...

I was at STI's location downtown Denver last year for a screw up and they were moving a pinball machine on a forklift. FYI

1 week later
#3629 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Was the game on a pallet? They have moved probably 30 games for me on the legs. Never had an issue. I used their White Glove Service. They also have a station to station service which requires a Pallet.

No, it was head down and the forks were carrying it with legs on. Was pretty wobbly. I'll never forget, it was my game I was there to pickup.

1 year later
#4547 3 years ago

I’m looking for 2-3 pre-DMD solid state games to give me something to work on this fall.

I have done most of my work on Bally/Stern and Williams System 7-11 so think that is my sweet spot but open to something new.

Prefer anything from basket case to nice condition not any restores.

Not looking to lowball valuable games even if projects.

If you have something but can’t find the time shoot me a PM including restore bundles you put together.

For games on my wishlist besides cash I would trade Star Wars LE + or – cash purchased NIB from JJ or maybe something else

Thanks!

3 months later
#4897 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

etting ready to move if the contract on the house goes thru

Did the buyer love the game room? One of my favorites on the game room thread. Good luck with the move

2 months later
#5142 3 years ago
Quoted from jerryl:

game is sold, thanks for everyone's interest.
Jerry

Great to hear from you Jerry. I don’t think the front range pinheads have met in a while.

I have been playing a ton on location (pre Covid) since the rise of the barcade and don’t own nearly as many pins as I used to.

Look forward to meeting at RMPS someday

4 months later
#5339 2 years ago
Quoted from LoranSlater:

had the same experience at pindustry as Von, if you have other options available that's what I'd recommend instead.

I think the 1up Greenwood is the best pinball spot in that part of town because it opens at 11 and the games don’t disappoint when you pay $2 for 3. Nothing worse than wanting to walk away on ball 1 and you have at least 8 more you paid for.

I haven’t been but wondered how Pindustry will beat that and cheap 16 oz PBR even before they opened

2 months later
#5527 2 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

I have a project Laser cue for sale

PM sent

3 weeks later
#5585 2 years ago

Went to the show Friday only and although there were fewer games than usual I thought the majority played much better than previous years. Had a blast and played about 7 hours straight with little frustration.

Dan told me they struggled to get people to bring games so we can all do better next year. Cause I was out of town Sunday I couldn’t bring games so hope to next year

As to the comments about multiple copies of the same game I’m just glad people brought them. Blizzard and GEX really came through but Thanks to everyone who brought them

1 month later
#5690 2 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

'm looking for a nice Nine Ball and a Star Light.
any leads would be greatly appreciated.

If you find a star light let us know. I have been looking for 15 years. Last one I ran across was in PA but I was too cheap back then. Kicks self now.

2 weeks later
#5733 2 years ago
Quoted from Chooga:

Anyone have a lead on someone who can do chrome dip?

I haven’t had luck locally being happy so have used the guy out of Tennessee who took over from Mike Chestnut.

On that topic Does anyone have a name for local zinc playing?

6T9 did awesome work on my red AFM so I agree on powdercoat

1 month later
#5775 2 years ago

Does anyone know if Ultraman is going on location anywhere ?

1 month later
#5885 1 year ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Any other great pinball spots for under 21?

checkout 1Up Greenwood, I think they don't have the Denver restrictions. DNO would know

3 weeks later
#5967 1 year ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

If anyone has recommendations for removing the smell of tobacco smoke from a salvaged game

If your up for a complete teardown of cabinet and playfield it works great especially if you have the playfield out of the cabinet for a while.

I decided to do this on a TAF I could not get the smoke out. Washing the harnesses, plastics, boards, and translight just oozed tobacco. When I was done it smelled great. Not sure anyone wants to do that though.

Otherwise like everyone said, baking soda, ozone, dryer sheets all help but keep the playfield out if you can.

1 month later
#6065 1 year ago

I have a 2 WPC DMD display package that I plan on listing on the market but wanted to see if anyone local needs them. These will work on any WPC that uses a DMD from Gilligan's Island through Cactus Canyon

$100 for both if you pick them up.

1st is a Babcock out of an AFM. It is very bright with great display test and I cannot see any burn from being left on.
2nd is a Cherry out of an MM. It is very bright with great display test and I noticed slight burn from being left on once I removed it from the plexi cover. I could not see the burn at all in the game or during play.

I have video of both in display tests PM me if interested. I will donate if bought. Otherwise will post to market.

Kenny

2 months later
#6192 1 year ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Last year the amount of new games including even Sterns was disappointing to me.

I think this leads to a good question. What are you gals and guys planning to bring? I should be in town so hope to bring either new(er) Pros or old 80s games. Seems like most want new games.

1 month later
#6257 1 year ago

Is anyone local selling new standard no logo playfield glass?

Thanks

1 month later
#6343 1 year ago

My Godzilla Premium came in earlier this month so I am going to list my HUO GZ Pro in the market for trade later this week with pics etc. Thought I would give the CO crowd a heads up first.

Looking for the same era Stern games or maybe WPC. I will donate to pinside if anything works out.

PM me to talk about it if interested.

Kenny

1 week later
#6360 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

My Godzilla Premium came in earlier this month so I am going to list my HUO GZ Pro in the market for trade later this week with pics etc. Thought I would give the CO crowd a heads up first.

Machine - For Trade
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Looking to trade my Godzilla Pro for something local now that my GZ premium is here. Looking for straight up trade or +/- cash based on condition JP 2 IMDN TMNT AIQ IM DP XMEN 3 ...”
2022-10-28
Littleton, CO
Trade
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 301 times
Contributed to Pinside

Lots of Turtles being offered. How is that game? Like Borg a lot but it didn't last at 3Up

4 weeks later
#6397 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Bond pro is officially set up and on location at Bite me Cake Company here in Pueblo!!

This is the first Bond on location that I am aware of. Nice. How many pins do you now have there?

#6407 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Not pinball related but does anyone have a jrok muti williams jamma board they would sell or trade?

Excellent choice, good luck and not available now but he'll make more. I love my Stargate with JROK, I can play Defender or Stargate with the original CP or put in a multi-panel and play Robotron or Joust. Once in a while I try the other games. What games are you looking to play.

1 week later
#6423 1 year ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Not the right place but for those of you who don't know RIP Dean Grover, a great friend, great player(the reaper) and a great programmer(Bally/Williams and Stern) Colorado pinball community would not have been the same with out him. Our hearts go out to Sam (his wife) and family. Think of Dean while you are playing pin today!

Very sad news. Last saw him at RMPS. Always great to talk to at league. Condolences to his family

Time is short

2 weeks later
#6449 1 year ago

I have 2 Free Thumlers Ultra Vibe 18 vibratory tumblers FOR PARTS if anyone is interested in picking them up or replacing the motors. They both work but the motors are going out so they are getting loud when these are super quiet tumblers.

I have had these about 7-10 years and usually run both when doing a restore. They have probably helped me do 15-20 restores and playfield swaps but I have been playing more than fiixing since projects are hard to come by. Located at 80128

Merry Christmas

3 months later
#6675 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Okay, April fools was 4 days ago. Who's crazy Shadow is this? Back story?

I'm looking for a Shadow too but not sure i can afford all those upgrades.

2 months later
#6841 9 months ago
Quoted from davegauth:

Fathers Day - Pinball with/for Dads...
This sunday at Living The Dream Brewery I'll be setting all games to 50 cent play for the day with a leaderboard setup just for the day.
Right now there are 14 games, and 13 are Insider Connected.
I may rotate a couple of games, Medieval Madness and/or Attack From Mars could make an appearance.

Thanks for the heads up. We were going to 1up til I saw your note. Had a great time and the selection was awesome and close to home

#6853 8 months ago
Quoted from ebrenner87:

For those of you that knew Todd Tusek, he passed away last night after a year long battle with pancreatic cancer.

Very bummed to hear that. Sorry for his family and friends

1 month later
#6930 7 months ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “I was saving this and a TAF door for future WPC restores but I don't see that happening with prices so seeing if anyone needs it. Otherwise I'll keep for that Congo or Junkyard pro...”
2023-08-12
Littleton, CO
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 201 times

if anyone needs a coin door let me know. $90 for local pickup with cash .

4 weeks later
#6969 6 months ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

ut anyone here planning to sell a pin, parts, or boards

Just found out I will be out of town

I was going to bring a box of stuff and a few games but will have to next year. Luckily I didn't sign up

3 months later
#7182 3 months ago
Quoted from Nixpaints:

Anyone want a 19” lcd display for a cocktail cabinet? Bought for a project I never got to years ago. Sticker says I paid $200. Hate to throw it away

Lee I am looking for one of these for a game I am building

I will text you

1 week later
#7195 87 days ago
Quoted from Chooga:

MERRY CHRISTMAS & Happy Holidays,

Thanks buddy! South Denver has bunch of great pinheads, here is to a great 2024 with everyone playing better than 2023. Now get 25 Bil on GZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KJL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft?tu=KJL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.